- Overall 8+ years of experience as Software Development Engineer with Designing, Developing, Programming Testing and Implementing the Android Application for Smartphones, Tablet and Client Server Applications.
- Extensive experience in developing mobile & and web based applications using Java, J2EE, JSP Servlets, JDBC, Spring, Hibernate, XML, Struts, CSS, Java Beans, Web Services, JSP Standard Tag Libraries (JSTL), JBOSS, Tomcat and Oracle.
- Proficient in Android applications development involving front - end User Interface development, push notifications, Adapters, Content Providers and Services.
- In-depth experience in using Android Studio and Eclipse with ADT plugin, designing UI layouts using Linear Layout, Relative Layout, Frame Layout, Table Layout, List View, Grid View and using Android native widgets and custom Widgets.
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills with Eclipse, IntelliJIDEA, Android Studio and RAD.
- Knowledge of 3rd party libraries like Picasso, Retrofit, Moshi, Otto, ButterKnife etc.
- Experience in various SDLC methodologies like Agile development and Rapid Application Development (RAD).
- Expertise in developing Android Enterprise applications for tablets and mobile devices using Eclipse, Android SDK, Android Studio and ADT development tools.
- Experienced in working with several versions of Android SDK like Gingerbread, Honey Comb, Ice Cream, Sandwich, Jellybean, Kit Kat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat.
- Used Android frameworks and APIs to efficiently load data and update databases: Loaders, Async Task Loaderand Sync Adapters.
- Experience in using various development environments like Eclipse and My Eclipse.
- Experience in developing various UI components like Text View, Customized List View, Menus, Edit Boxes, Checkboxes, Dialogs, Buttons, Status Notifications, Action Bars and Spinners.
- Worked on various Relational databases like Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and DB2.
- Experience in the process of a system objects with Object Oriented Design (OOD), Object Oriented analysis (OOA), Object Oriented Modeling (OOM) based on Unified Modeling Language.
- Good expertise in developing applications and designing screens using MVC pattern for Android application using Android Studio, Android SDK, Eclipse IDE, IntelliJIDEA, SQLite, RAD, Java and ADT plugin.
- Extensively worked in developing and implementation of ORM framework Hibernate, JPA, unit testing frameworks using JUnit and manual testing.
- Experience in designing Graphic, audio and video multimedia components and managed various kinds of media using Flash, Photoshop.
- Worked with various applications and deployed on Confidential play store, Samsung app and Amazon app store.
- Proficient in gathering requirement analysis, functional analysis, conceptual and logical thinking.
- Analyzed Angular JS and Swift language in IOS for different applications.
- Have experience working with web-server protocols such as JSON, HTTP, PhoneGap and XML.
- Implemented web service using Rest webservices.
- Experience working with Confidential Maps APIs, In-App Purchases, In-App advertising, Geocoder API, Ticketmaster, Geolocations, PayPal, Confidential Analytics.
- Implemented native libraries in applications using NDK
- Worked on Data Structure, Multithreading, Collection and Exception handling.
- Experience in modifying and using source code version with tools like SVN, GIT and CVS.
- Excellent Technical, Communication and Interpersonal Skills with strong Customer Orientation, Client Interfacing Skills.
- Hands on experience in Camera, Wi-Fi, Sensors, Bluetooth, Telephony, Confidential Map, Firebase API, OAuth.
- Integrating third party Social API's into Android apps such as Confidential, Confidential, Confidential, Confidential .
Languages: Java 8, J2EE, SQL, C, C++, Python
Operating Systems: Windows (10/8.1), Ubuntu, Mac.
Android OS: Android 2.x to Android 7.x ( clair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice cream sandwich, Jellybean, Kit Kat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat).
Testing Frameworks: Application Unit Testing, Android Unit Testing, Robotium, UIautomator, Espresso.
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL Server, Sybase, PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
IDE: Eclipse, IntelliJ, NetBeans, IBM Rational Application Developer (RAD)
Android Tools: OpenGL-ES, PhoneGap, Apache Cordova, layout design, fragments, multi-threading, NDK sensors, Beacons. OpenGL-ES, layout design, fragments, multi-threading, lifecycle, NDK sensors, multi-touch, profiling NFC, Beacons, Retrofit.
Design Patterns: Data Access Objects, object-oriented design, Model View Controller Architecture and Front Controller.
Version controls: SVM, GitHub, RStudio, Spyder, Octave GUI, KNIME, Coggle.
Web Servers: JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat, Jetty, Apache
Frameworks: Spring (MVC, AOP, ORM, Web Service, DAO, Social, Security, etc.), Hibernate ORM 5.0.2, Bootstrap, Struts, Tiles, DWR (Direct Web Remoting).
Reporting Tools: Jasper Reports, BIRT, Crystal Reports.
Other Tools: Swing, Agile, RUP, Subversion, Jasper, Reports, JMock, Microsoft Visio.
Methodologies: SDLC, RUP, Agile (Scrum/Extreme Programming).
Design/Version Control: Rational Clear Case, CVS and Tortoise SVN and PVCS.
Parsing Techniques: JSON Parsing and XML Parsing.
- Worked in different phases of project life cycle like design, development and testing of application for Android mobile devices.
- Involved in requirement gathering, UI design and development.
- Implemented web views, list views & populated lists from database using simple adapters.
- Implemented Android content providers for implementing features like sending E-mails, SMS, etc., from the app and designed suitable GUI for these applications.
- Responsible for design of user interface using various custom layouts, buttons, dialog boxes, alert boxes and edit boxes.
- Designed downloading files and images by showing Progress Bar Activities and implemented Status Bar.
- Responsible for SERVICES, ASYNC tasks and Alert Notification API to implement event reminder feature into the mobile app.
- Strong experience with Android Framework APIs such as Confidential Maps, Camera, Resource Manager, Fragments, Location Manager, Notification Manager, Content Providers, Contact Manager, Telephony API and REST APIs.
- Experience in using dependency injector called Dagger to test the classes
- Experience in Android Integration framework tools like Espresso and Gradle.
- Experience using AWS to store and retrieve huge data by Client-Server interaction.
- Development access restriction features using Authentication and Authorization tokens.
- Embedded Confidential Maps API, GPS Location Data into app with zooming controls.
- Responsible for the Saved data in the SQLite database.
- Modified Android manifest XML file to include all user permissions such as GPS, SMS READ /SEND / RECEIVE.
- Experience in Android Networking Libraries like Volley and OKHttp.
- Experience in integrating the application with analytics to log User Sessions and Touch Gestures.
- Involved in development and enhancements of features to restrict the usage based on Authorization and Authentication tokens.
- Understanding system requirements, test case planning and execution, Functional testing, Integration Testing, Track issue records and reporting by using bug tracking tool.
- Experience in using communication protocols in a network using TCP IP and UDP protocols.
- Experience in the required GUI by making modifications to the XML files.
- Experience with REST and SOAP web services.
- Worked on Continuous Integration and code version using GIT.
- Debugged application using ADB, Trace View, DDMS and Log Cat.
- Worked with JSON library to parse JSON files.
- Experience with authenticated sessions using OAuth and authentication tokens.
- Worked with business stakeholders, creative teams, offshore teams and technical teams at all levels of an organization.
- Created multiple Content Providers with a native approach to handling UI asynchronous updates.
- Managed development with a team of Android developers, back-end developers, and front-end designers.
- Coded in Java using Android Studio, on the app in MVP architecture to achieve a complete separation of concerns, better code reusability, and a higher percentage of unit tests.
Environment:: Android SDK 2.2, SQLite 3.6, Eclipse IDE 3.5, Android API's, JDK 1.6, XML, JSON, GPS, ADT Plug-in, CVS (version control), JNI, Logcat, DDMS console.Confidential, Ei Dorado Hills, California
- Interacted with business and development teams to analyze the user requirements.
- Developed different projects separately in both Eclipse and Android Studio.
- Creating various custom views for the application using standard Android components, database, services and various UI widgets types.
- Designing and developing the Web Tier using JSP, Servlets, HTML, Struts and tiles framework.
- Created a real-time web platform using jQuery Mobile, Flex, WCF Services and TSQL stored procedures.
- Worked with Web Services team to implement the backend support.
- Worked on Android JMS App for Point-to-Point asynchronous messaging for high transactional Banking operation.
- Designed and developed several scripts using SQL and created a database using Oracle with stored procedures and triggers.
- Implemented the Spring Acegi Security for authenticating the customers.
- Synchronizing the server for getting the credit and due balances of the customer.
- Created a new XML layout with Android Map View to display the location Map and defined the layout that can be reuse.
- Developed an app using the Confidential Play Services APIs like Web Services for directions and places in client applications.
- Created dynamic data driven and interactive web pages using PHP, MySQL and Apache.
- Designed new version of the app by implementing register and login screens including UI and functionality.
- Experience using debugging tools such as DDMS, Logcat and android device monitor.
- Engaged in constructing automated unit testing, performing usability testing on UI, ad hoc testing based on test and fault models.
- Tested the application using Espresso and UI Automator automation tools.
- Used GIT for version control and Gradle as build tool.
- Tested the app across various versions of android and different android mobile devices to assure quality and performance.
- Working on the video streaming by using UDP protocol which can be viewed on android tablet
- REST web service interaction utilizing OAUTH authentication and retrieved JSON response.
- Used Android SDK, Eclipse IDE, Dalvik Debug Monitor Server, Android NDK Android Virtual Device, and Android Debug Bridge for development and debugging tool.
- Designed UI using views provided by Android and created custom views when required. Involved in updating the application UI and application data structure.
- Used various devices, which include tablets and phone with a latest Android OS to the application.
- Worked with Dialog Fragments for Pop-up and Used List Adapters, Spinners, and Loaders.
- Converted data from API into JSON format files and retrieve useful information using AJAX calls to display them on the browser.
- Push APK's through MOBI using local storage and Cordova plugins.
- Used JIRA to keep track of outstanding bugs, participated in daily standups, sprint reviews, Kickoffs.
- Created social login using Gigya API's. Integrated user social accounts with the express account.
- Development of custom Cordova (phone gap) plugins for android.
- Used Ionic and Cordova framework for building the hybrid mobile app
- Using PhoneGap/Cordova to access device APIs such as camera and geolocation to deploy an Android app.
- Used third party SDKs and libraries like Crittercism, Apptentive, Confidential Analytics, EventBus, Couchbase, Retrofit, and Picasso for tracking crashes and usage data, loading images, API calls.
- Created e2e test suites for all components and run them on protractor.
- Involved in user meetings to gather the requirements of the application and worked on application designing, testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Implemented zip code functionality using Location Manager API.
- Used PHP / MYSQL in WAMP (Windows, Apache, MYSQL and PHP) environment for creating dynamic data driven and interactive web pages.
- Developed and implemented many PhoneGap and Titanium applications along with Java and Objective-C plug-ins for iPad, iPhone and Android platforms.
- Designed, development, testing and implementation of WEB applications using Sencha Touch framework.
- Redesigned the cart checkout process with enhancements such as the accordion-style interface that acts as guide to complete user purchase.
- Implemented widget plugin project using Search API, Content Providers, and DatabaseAPI.
- Developed business logic along with connecting the application to the server with REST web services.
- Used Async task to invoke web services and servlet calls in the background thread.
- Implemented Location based service using Confidential Maps API that enables to search the nearest store located
- Python is used as an interface between the application and the client.
- Used ProGuardto remove unused code and resources in the release build.
Environment: Event Bus, Git, Bean Stack, Android 5.0, Android SDK, Java, Eclipse, ProGuard, Confidential Maps API, Android Emulator, NDK, SQLite, Linux/UNIX, XML.Confidential, Medley, FL
- Worked with Android Studio and the latest Android SDK using lollipop in developing an enterprise level mobile application
- Used ORMLite database for storing the data from service responses and fetching the data for offline purpose.
- Worked with HTTP requests, JSON and GSON formatting to parse the data.
- Worked with GCM in implementing the PUSH notifications.
- Extensively used Core Java such as Multi-Threading, Exceptions, and Collections.
- Utilize experience scaling systems and cloud technology to support services in the mobile environment. Work highest technical level of all phases of applications programming activities.
- Used Material design using Card View, Recycle View and classic principles of good design with innovation.
- Consumed Web Services (RESTFUL) from third party for send the emails in bulk. This service is used to send the emails to the customers in bulk as a part of Batch process.
- Used SVN as the version control tool to commit and update the project from the server.
- Worked with JENKINS to generate the builds for QA and developers for testing purpose.
- Used SONAR to maintain the code quality which includes JUnit coverage, Complexity of the code and code redundancy.
- Used HTML, CSS and jQuery for the design and background of the application.
- Used Third party JAVA API for barcode generators and scanner.
- Used JIRA to create the sprints, assign stories, track issues and track the progress of the sprint which includes velocity charts, Burn down charts etc.
- Followed a complete AGILE technology with Daily Stand up calls with the offshore team every day and updating on JIRA.
- Involved in design, analysis and architectural meetings. Created Architecture Diagrams, and Flow Charts using Microsoft Visio Responsible for coding SQL Statements and Stored procedures for back end communication using JDBC.
- Worked closely with the Business Analyst in validation and prioritization of the project requirements in developing the app.
- Involved in the meetings where I had to present the demo of the current working app with higher level executives.
- Used various devices which include tablets and phone with a latest android OS to the application.
- Built a local log file to capture the crashes and app responses in the application.
- Worked closely with the QA offshore team to track the bugs and resolve the issues.
- Designing, Enhancements, Bug-fixing, KT Sessions, and Maintenance of the Application.
- Using ACRA-4.3.0 library to send crash reports to the developer.
- Performing on device debugging using ADB and tested application in device using Logcat, DDMS.
- Utilizing Async Task, Thread, Handler, Services to provide smooth UI experience.
- Developing rich UI for most of the modules in the application using ListView, Scroll View, View Pager and Navigation Drawer.
- Customizing different widgets that include Buttons, Toast's and Dialog's.
- Working in Agile environment and participating in daily standup meetings.
Environment:: Android SDK 5.1, GSON (Version 2.3.1 to 2.7), ORMLite, REST Web Services, JENKINS, SONAR, JIRA and SVN.Confidential, Newton, MA
- Implemented Model View Controller (MVC-2) Architecture using Jakarta Struts framework at presentation tier.
- Used Struts frameworks and MVC design patterns to complete several projects with primarily focused on more complex areas of development including user interface design, batch processing, stored procedure development, XML, data exchange and integration.
- Validated all forms using Struts validation framework.
- Extensive use of Struts Framework for Controller components and view components.
- Implemented Spring IOC for inter connection between modules in our application.
- Created customized spring batch framework to run multiple processes step by step.
- Implemented connection pooling framework to process claims concurrently with multiple threads using spring batch with different split conditions based on volume of claims.
- Developed automated build files using Maven.
- Created Data Access Objects to fetch data from database with SQL queries integrate them with IBatis.
- Developed shell scripts used to monitor production applications, start and stop custom Java applications in Linux environment
- Implemented batch processes for reporting applications and modules using Korn shell scripts on Oracle database.
- Developed various helper classes which needed following core Java multithreaded programming and collection classes.
- Categorized salient level rule to every business rules base on the business needs. Use DROOLS as rules engine.
- Extensively used Junit & log4j for unit testing and logging.
- Designed and coded application components in an agile environment.
Environment: Struts Framework, Spring IOC, Spring Batch, Maven, Spring MVC, iBatis, SQL, Linux, Drools, Multithreading, Log4j.