- A certified developer with 16+ years of extensive experience in the full cycle of the software development process including: requirements definition, prototyping, proof of concept, design, implementation, unit - testing and deployment.
- Expertise in J2SE/J2EE, distributed systems and performance optimization. Strong background in algorithms, Confidential design, OOP and Design Patterns.
- Designed, developed core modules, managed development and delivery of a major Italian speed control system.
- Developed data replication and failover infrastructure for Confidential Data Management System in Confidential
Languages: Java, C#, C++, C, VB, Perl, PHP, Python
Java SE/J2EE, 15+ years: Collection, Multithreading, Sockets, Reflection, JNI, Swing, JDBC, JMS, JSP, Servlets, EJB, JSTL, JPA, JDO, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, JAXB, Spring, Spring MVC, Google Guice, AOP, JSF, RichFaces, Struts, Apache Confidential, RESTEasy, DWR, Apache Thrift, Hibernate, GWT, SmartGWT, Apache Solr/Lucene, Netty, Mina, JGroups, JUnit, JMock/Mockito
Design skills, 14+ years: UML (Rational Rose, Together, Eclipse Topcased), Object Oriented Design (OOD) and Object Oriented Analysis (OOA), Design Patterns, UI design
Web, 15+years: HTML/DHTML, WML, CSS, Java Script, VB Script, jQuery, jQuery Mobile, Sencha Touch, Appcelerator Titanium, Dojo Toolkit, JSP, ASP, PHP, REST, SOAP, JSON
Databases, 15+ years: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2, Informix, HBase, Cassandra
Oracle, 11+years: PL/SQL, Oracle Streams, Oracle Data Pump, Oracle Rules Manager, Oracle Warehouse Builder
XML, 6+years: XML, XSL, XSLT, XPath, SAX, DOM
.NET, 3+ years: C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, .NET Compact, User Interface Process Application Block, NUnit, LINQ
C++, 2+ years: STL, MFC, ATL, WTL, Cryptography Confidential, GINA Confidential, WinSock
Build and deployment, 7+ years: Maven, Ant, Puppet, Bash shell scripting, VB shell scripting, windows shell scripting
Performance Tuning, 8+ years: JProfiler, JMetter, JProbe, Apache ab, Microsoft Web Application Stress Tool
Middleware, 7+years: Tomcat, Weblogic, WebSphere, Geronimo, JBoss, ActiveMQ, Hedwig, Kafka, RabbitMQ, IIS, MTS, MSMQ
Reporting, 1+ year: JasperReports, SQL Server Reporting Service
IDE: Eclipse, JBuilder, Visual Studio 6/2005
Infrastructure: JIRA, Confluence, Crucible, Trac, Bugzilla, MediaWiki, DokuWiki
Version Control: GIT, Subversion, CVS
Operating Systems: Linux, Solaris, Windows
Confidential, New York
- Development of backend Confidential for Confidential order validation
- Manage team of 10 developers
- Define and coordinate technical tasks
- Development of technical design and documentation
- Interface between the developers, business analysts, management and other teams
- Operational management of the system development life cycle
Tools: J2SE, Spring, JAX-RS, JAXB, Spring Rest, Spring MVC, Mockito, JUnit, Eclipse, Tomcat, SQL Server, Jira, GIT.
Confidential, New York
Senior Software Developer
- Development of backend Confidential for Confidential mobile/TV apps
- Research and development of the next version of backend Confidential
- Troubleshooting, bug fixes, testing
Tools: J2SE, Spring, JAX-RS, JAXB, Spring Rest, Spring MVC, Mockito, JUnit, Eclipse, Tomcat, Redis, MySQL, Confluence, Jira, GIT.
Senior Software Developer
- Development of Reporting As Service platform (J2EE, J2SE)
- Reports customization, changes to algorithms and reporting engine
- Development of Remote Files System REST service (Apache Confidential, MongoDb)
- Development of Resource Authorization REST service (Apache Confidential )
- Development of maven and shell build and deployment scripts
- Code refactoring, code reviews, increasing unit test coverage (JUnit, Mockito)
Tools: J2SE, Spring, Spring Integration, JAX-RS, Jasper Reports, JUnit, JAX-WS, Eclipse, WebSphere, MongoDB, Confluence, Jira.
Senior Java Developer
- End to end technology migration and re-factoring for applications from Struts/OC4J to Spring/Weblogic environment
- Development and integration of REST and SOAP services (Apache Confidential )
- Performance tuning for data processing algorithms
- Designed and implementation of parallel data loading resulted in 20x performance improvement
- Writing UML documentation for implemented modules
Tools: J2EE, Spring, Spring MVC, Struts, JUnit, JAX-WS, Eclipse, WebLogic, Oracle, Confluence, Jira, Bamboo.
Senior Software Developer
- Design of implementation of real-time data replication (Netty, MINA, JGroups, Kryo, JAXB)
- Design of implementation of failover and clustering algorithms
- Implementation of system monitoring (JMX, Netflix Servo)
- Implementation of parallel distributed tests ( Confidential )
- Performance tinning and network benchmarks (JProfiler, Visual VM)
- Delivering Software Design Architecture and Test Plan documents
- On-site tuning and testing
Tools: Java SE, Java concurrency/multithreading, Netty, Apache MINA, JGroups, Kryo, JAXB, Confidential, JUnit, Eclipse, Subversion, Trac, Jenkins.
- Software design documents for change requests
- Software design documents for performance improvements
- Design, enhancement and development of an in-house service framework: integration with Google Guice, JSR-303, transaction management, configuration and testing support
- Design and implementation of data replication prototype (customized Oracle Streams replication)
- Design and implementation of Plutonium testing framework (xUnit for PL/SQL)
- Primary product development: web application and Swing client
- Performance improvements resulted in 2-10x performance gains
- Core product changes to support data replication
Tools: Java SE/J2EE, EJB, JSP, JSTL, Servlets, Google Guice, GWT, Ext GWT, PL/SQL, Oracle Streams, Oracle Rules Manager, Oracle Data Pump, Geronimo, Weblogic, Ant, Eclipse, Subversion, JIRA, Confluence, Crucible.
Software Development Manager
- End-to-end projects implementation and management
- Technology research and evaluation, design and implementation of core product frameworks
- Setting standards for coding, database design and documentation
- Managing team of 15 people
- Designed and developed a system for real-time locomotive driver hypo-vigilance monitoring
- Prepared project technical proposal and technical design
- Gained experience in artificial intelligence project design and management
- Developed a framework for event-based data transfer between modules, configuration, management, monitoring and logging
- Created strong collaboration between development and research teams.
Tools: C++, ACF, .NET, C#, AI, Expert Systems, UML, wxWidgets, VS2005, Eclipse TopCased, Subversion, Bugzilla.
- Design and implementation of distributed server-client data architecture (J2SE, Sockets, Threads and Serialization)
- Designed and implemented a high-way data collection unit: transit photo processing, queueing, sending data to server, security and privacy polices
- Implementation of principal interactions between a local data collection unit with video cameras and vehicle sensors using FTP, TCP/UDP and SNMP technologies
- Implemented principal modules in a server side transit data collector: interaction with local data collection units, transit data persistence, transit matching and business workflows (J2SE, Oracle, Linux)
- Implementation of security/privacy policies for transit information data using PKCS11 authentication, PKCS12 certificates storage, PKCS7 content signing, SSL for data transfer, symmetric and asymmetric encryption technologies
- Design of WEB UI for transit violation workflows for Police (Struts, Servlets, JSP)
- Integration with Ministry of Transportation and Police (SSH, FTP)
- Product delivery, testing and tuning: fixed memory leaks, opened file descriptors leaks, remote method calls blocking, performed application and database performance turning
Tools: Java SE/J2EE, JSP, JSTL, JDBC, Struts, iText, Dojo Toolkit, JasperReports, Hibernate, Swing, SOAP, PKCS 7/11/12, SSL, Weblogic, Tomcat, UML, Oracle, MySQL, TCP/UDP, SNMP, Linux Enterprise, Linux Enterprise Cluster, Rational Rose, Eclipse, JBuilder, JProfiler, Subversion, Bugzilla, Ant.
- Performed value-added services porting from legacy J2SE/CORBA platform to Confidential platform developed on BEA and SUN Technologies.
- Developed Confidential kernel module and J2EE emulation framework allowing to increase development productivity by 3x
- Developed a SMTP and VFS JCA adapters
- Developed HTML/WML presentation interfaces using Struts MVC
Tools: Java SE/J2EE, Struts, JSP, JCA, JDBC, HTML/WML, UML, BEA WebLogic, Rational Rose, JBuilder, Oracle, Solaris, CVS, Bugzilla, Ant.
- End-to-end design, implementation, documentation
- Implementing XML configurations for SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, Active Directory
- Delivered to the market one of the best (at that moment) database documentation products
- Developed flexible reporting engine allowing adding support of new databases via XML configuration
Tools: VB6, ActiveX, ADO, XML/XSL, VB Script, PHP, ADSI, LDAP, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, Active Directory, Ant, Subversion, Bugzilla.