- 10 years of experience developing software/websites for businesses and educational institutions.
- Competent in the administration of application, file, and database servers.
- History of building software with high functionality and good usability
- Consistently meets critical deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability in programming languages as well as a solid background in database methodologies.
- Proven proficiency in working effectively with team members of all backgrounds and education levels.
Programming: PHP, node.js, jQuery, CSS3, SASS, HTML5
Development Utilities: Git, SVN, Coda, drushTechnologies: Drupal 7/8, Magento, jQuery, MVC, REST, Less, Bitcoin, RPC, JSON, Wordpress
Sr. Drupal Developer
- Backend Drupal developer for multiple sites in the agency, including a site.
- Implemented a Magento website for Confidential
- Mentored junior Drupal developers with the architectural aspects as well as day - to-day development with Drupal.
- Utilized Wordpress, jQuery and SASS to build out HTML 5 compatible company website.
- Architected sites based upon requirements set out in roposal documentation.
- Used object-oriented architecture during the build process.
- Practiced agile methodologies and adapted to changing requirements.
Drupal 7 Developer
- One of the 2 primary developers for the Confidential internal portal site in PHP.
- Utilized Drupal 7 (PHP, Views, Display Suite, Context, Features, and contributed modules.
- Fluent in Forms API, and various Drupal hooks.
- Scripted 1-click site profiles complete with taxonomy and layouts.
- Built multiple custom modules to perform advanced tasks.
- Extensively utilized jQuery and Drupal behaviors/settings for custom modules.
- Familiar with SaSS and Compass.
- Coded with angular.js and node.js
- Utilized Drupal 7 best practices for coding, file placement, and respecting core code.
.NET Web Applications Developer
- Built out multiple apps utilizing the MS MVC3/WCF/Entity Frameworks.
- Responsible for pushing for and implementing a campus-wide single sign-on solution.
- Released multiple versions of payroll, bus pass, financial aid, complaint management and other software products on campus while working with others to increase productivity.
- Heavily utilized advanced TSQL techniques such as stored procedures, control statements, and string/table variables while updating various .NET apps around the college.
- Gained knowledge of the configuration and management of IIS, TFS, Visual Studio, and SQL Management Studio.
- Worked with an SQL DBA, QA Tester, and Project Manager to complete projects from start to finish using agile software development methodologies.
- Helped implement a Dev/Q.A./Prod development platform to increase productivity and decrease errors in production data.
- Used web services (REST) to bridge the gap between the Microsoft and PHP technologies.
- Utilized a bug tracking system (FogBugz) which allowed developers and testers to work together in a very efficient manner, and ensured priorities were made clear and all features implemented.
Founder and Web Developer
- Upgraded Drupal websites from version 5 to 6, and 6 to 7
- Built custom websites for clients using CMS's (Drupal/Wordpress) by coding custom modules and themes, as well as utilizing e-commerce API’s for secure payment processing.
- Worked with clients to help manage updates and redesigns of current sites, as well as made recommendations to the clients on web-related issues
- Observed industry standard web/coding techniques to create current sites.
Web Applications Developer/Administrator
- Co-managed and setup 12 web-hosting environments, hosting a total of 1300 official ASU websites including the graduate college, library systems, media relations, president's site, and many other mission critical applications.
- Worked with the central IT ops department to build and manage a multi-head, dev/qa/prod, enterprise Drupal webhosting system.
- Wrote and deployed Drupal modules for over 300 university websites as well as developed themes for multiple colleges around the ASU campus.
- Maintained relationships between central university technology department and around 75 departments on campus, keeping all parties happy while maintaining reasonable goals for our team's employees.
- Presented multiple lectures about Drupal and deployment/development for the platform. Also translated these into online tutorials at the ASU help site ( Confidential ).
- Helped recode university core web template ( Confidential ) and tested CSS/HTML/PHP. Helped move the university to a common template for ease of upgradability.
- Managed DNS entries and managed server loads and, when necessary, movement of new/existing websites to additional application heads.
- Took graphic design comps and translated into fully standards-compliant web code (up to date CSS and HTML) for use in Drupal themes as well as static HTML sites.
- Managed over 1200 databases, including stored procedures and privileges.
Technology Support Analyst Associate
- Conceptualized, planned, and developed website ( Confidential ), utilizing dynamic, database-driven content and a CMS.
- Managed workstations and provided software support (Queensland, Advantage, BrioQuery, Hyperion web-client, Adobe CS2, MS Office) for a department of users.
- Identified the need for computing resources throughout the office, resulting in the setup and maintenance of multiple FreeBSD/Windows 2003 servers and backup procedures.
- Functioned as the DBA for two on-site mysql-based databases. Wrote queries for multiple web-apps to both the ASU data warehouse and on-site databases, as well as used the data warehouse/BrioQuery to generate reports for colleagues.
- Transitioned the office from paper to paperless transactions/procedures, saving employee time.
- Determined/purchased all technology-related acquisitions for the office with purchasing card, including ordering, set up, and hardware/software support of new workstations.
Software Test Engineer I
- Owned a top-tier driver in earliest stages of development, using both manual and automated testing.
- Investigated and resolved numerous display adapter/device related issues in Windows and top-tier graphics vendors drivers by collaborating with Vista developers.
- Provided application compatibility testing in multi-ASIC/IHV scenarios, tested DX3-9 applications to verify compatibility with multiple new OS’s. Used kernel-mode debugging to analyze system crashes.
- Designed and maintained the team’s Vista Display Model website