- Over 8+ years of professional experience as a Java J2EE Developer in Object Oriented development, implementation and maintenance of web and distributed Enterprise applications using Java/J2EE technologies.
- Experience in designing and developing web - based applications using Java, J2EE, SOAP/WSDL and REST Web Services, MVC framework, Spring, Hibernate, Struts, Oracle and SQL.
- Experienced in working with SOA architecture by producing/consuming SOAP based web services using Apache Axis, CXF engines.
- Experience in working on various Spring modules (Spring Core, Spring MVC, DAO and Spring AOP) along with Hibernate as the back-end ORM tool for implementation of persistence layer and mapping of POJOs.
- Solid understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms & Object-Oriented design concepts.
- Experienced in implementing DAO layers using JPA standards and Hibernate API interfaces.
- Implemented OAuth2.0 for authentication based web application and accessed their APIs for fetching data services.
- Implemented security and authentication concepts such as OAuth 2.0, and Cryptographic algorithms.
- Experienced in implementing presentation layer using JSF, JSP, HTML, CSS, Ajax, JQuery, Java script and servlets.
- Reporting experience and well versed in Data Warehousing concepts and issues.
- Expertise in UML which includes creating Use-Case diagrams, Class diagrams, Interaction diagrams (Sequence diagrams, Activity diagrams) using Designer tools like MS Visio 2003/2007, Rational Rose.
- Experience with unit testing using Junit and knowledge of ANT and Log4j tools. Experienced with IBM Web Sphere Application Server, JBOSS application servers and Apache Tomcat Application Server.
- Proficient in designing applications using Java and J2EE Design Patterns such as Creational, Structural and Behavioral design patterns Singleton, Factory, Facade, Builder, Observer, Command Patterns, Value/Data Transfer etc.
- Excellent analytical, logical and programming skills, Self-Motivated, Self-Starter, Team Player can work with minimal supervision with effective Communication skills and Organizational skills combined with attention and Time management skills.
- Strong knowledge on Hibernate and in using Hibernate Connection Pooling, HQL, Collections, Hibernate Caching, Hibernate Transactions, Optimistic Locking.
- Experience in producing and consuming Rest based web services.
- Proficient in XML technologies like XSL/XSLT, SAX, DOM, XPath, SOAP, WSDL, DTD, XSD, XMI, SOA, JAXB, JAXP, Apache Axis.
- Expertise in Database application programming for Oracle, PostgreSQL server using Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views etc.
- Experience working with different SDLC methodologies like Waterfall, Agile (TDD, SCRUM).
Languages: Java, SQL, PL/SQL, Java/J2EE Technologies, Servlets, JSP, JSTL, JDBC, JSF, JavaBeans, MVC, ANT, MAVEN, Log4j, XML, JAXP, DOM, JNDI, JUNIT, Web services, Multithreading, JTA, Custom Tags
Frameworks and IDE's: Struts, Spring, Hibernate, JPA, JSF 2.0/1.2, Spring Core, Spring ORM, Spring MVC, Spring AOP,OAUTH2.0, Prime Faces
Web/Application Servers: Web Logic 10.3.2/9.2/8.1, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat 5.x/4.x, JBOSS 4.x and IIS 7.0/6.0.
Build Script: ANT, MAVEN, shell scripts, batch scripts
IDE's: Eclipse 3.6/3.4/3.1/3.0, NetBeans 6.7/6.0, IntelliJ, Webstrom, SDK
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, TTD, Iterative
Database Environments: Oracle 10g/9i, SQL Server 2008/2005, MySQL,MongoDB, PostgreSQL
Operating Systems: MS Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP/2003 and Unix, Mac & Linux
Confidential - Fairfax, VA
Sr. Java Developer
- Developed presentation layer implementation which involves in creating the JSP pages, configuring action classes and developing several Action classes involved in the project.
- Wrote a unit-test cases by customizing Spring's JUnit extension framework.
- Developed admin website (GUI) for Customer Service Representatives to extract the reports.
- Implemented GUI based on Spring MVC framework using JSTL and JSP for presentation layer.
- Developed JavaBeans with Hibernate for necessary transactions like fetching the required data, updating the customer information.
- Used Spring Framework as middle tier application, implemented persistence strategy using spring support for Hibernate to integrate with database.
- Implemented Spring Controllers and used Spring tag library in JSPs for MVC layer of admin website.
- Implementing or exposing the Micro Services based on RESTful API utilizing Spring Boot with Spring MVC.
- Used Spring validation framework using Struts for server side validation of user data submissions.
- Validation is performed using Struts validator. Created JSP pages using standard JSTL tags, Struts tags and custom tags.
- Implemented persistence layer using Hibernate with JPA enabled.
- Created views using components of Prime Faces in XHTML files and configured JSF framework.
- Maintained, structured and surveyed documents within the NoSQL MongoDB database; ensuring data integrity, correcting anomalies and increasing the overall maintainability of the database.
- Built and accessed the database using Hibernate with Oracle.
- Worked with a variety of issues involving multithreading, server connectivity and user interface.
- Composed and executed MongoDB scripts to insert and update NoSQL database, automating data changes and reporting.
- Worked on WebSphere Application Server to deploy the application.
- Used Ajax to provide dynamic features where applicable.
- Wrote CRON jobs for scheduling process used for batch process.
- Created Jasper reports for the application.
- Modified the SQL queries to get the data as per the requirement in jr.xml file.
- Used Log4j for logging and analyzing system performance and flow, involved in code refactoring and bug fixing.
- Maintaining the customer support and customer data from database tables in Oracle database.
- Used Agile Development methodology of software development.
Confidential - Charlotte, NC
Sr. Java Developer
- Developed and Implemented Web Services integration using Spring Framework.
- Extensive experience using Struts,Spring and Hibernate framework APIs.
- Used Eclipse as integration development tool to develop Java, Maven and J2EE projects.
- Used Hibernate Framework for object relational mapping and persistence layer to interact with Oracle database.
- Implemented Web Services for creating rate summary and used WSDL and SOAP messages for getting insurance plans from different module and used XML parsers for data retrieval.
- Extensively used IBM WebSphere Portal APIs for authentication and personalization features.
- Developed AJAX scripting to process server side JSP scripting.
- Involved in developing the UI panels using JSF, XHTML, CSS, DOJO and JQuery.
- Worked on the Eclipse SDK framework to develop the code and deploy the application by integrating to the Tomcat Server.
- Involved in the creation of interface to manage user menu and bulk update of attributes using AngularJS and JQUERY.
- Developed DAO layer using Spring JDBC Template, worked with Hibernate for object relational mapping and connection management.
- Creating the project startup UI i.e. generic XHTML facelet templates, generic JSF validators and converters, backing beans, Faces context util methods etc.
- Involved in creation of web services using WSDL and web methods with annotation in hibernate.
- Used the spring container for data source and to load the Hibernate specific classes.
- Experience in Hibernate 3.0 which includes integrating legacy databases, writing custom CRUD statements to perform database operations, integrating stored procedures and functions and also performed polymorphic associations.
- Created SQL queries, PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Functions for the Database layer by studying the required business objects and validating them with Stored Procedures using DB2. Also used JPA with Hibernate provider.
- Developed Presentation and Controller layers using JSP, HTML, Custom Tag Libraries, JSTL, Java Script, Business layer using Spring (IOC, AOP), DTO, JPA, and Persistent layer DAO, Hibernate for all modules.
- Involved in configuring JNDI properties, data sources for Oracle, DB2 databases in WebSphere.
- Experience in writing test cases using JUnit testing framework and configured applications on WebLogic Server.
- Contributed to the development and testing of the Jazz web portal by identifying scenarios/fields and writing RTC customer usage instructions and performing FVT.
- Used Eclipse as IDE, configured and deployed the application onto WebLogic application server using Maven build scripts to automate the build and deployment process.
- Design, develop and test of SOA services using SOA / Web Service.
- Extensive experience in developing applications using Java and related technologies using WATERFALL and AGILE (SCRUM) methodologies.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Involved in various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of the application like requirement gathering, design, analysis and code development.
- Involved in the development of model, struts and form classes (MVC).
- Designed and developed application based on Struts Framework using MVC design pattern.
- Generated use case diagrams, class diagrams, and sequence diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Used Rational Clear Case for version control and JUnit for unit testing.
- Developed the applications using Java, J2EE, Strutsand JDBC.
- Used SAX parserAPI to parse the XML and populate the values for a bean.
- Worked on various use cases in development using Struts and testing the functionalities.
- Involved in preparing the High Level Design of the system using J2EE.
- Developed XML applications using XSLT transformations.
- Created struts form beans, action classes, JSPs following Struts framework standards.
- Implemented the database connectivity using JDBC with Oracle 9i database as backend.
- Apache Ant was used for the entire build process.
- Used display tag libraries for decoration and used display table for reports and grid designs.
- Used Jasper to generate rich content reports.
- Designed and developed file upload and file download features using JDBC with Oracle.
- Developed SOAP based XML web services.
- Worked on core java, using file operations to read system file (downloads) and to present on JSP.
- Involved in the development of underwriting process, which involves communications without side systems using IBM MQ and JMS.
- Used PL/SQL stored procedures for applications that needed to execute as part of a scheduling mechanisms.
- Provided troubleshooting and error handling support in multiple projects.
- Configured WebSphere Application server and deployed the web components.
Confidential - Dallas, Tx
- Involved in Agile methods break tasks into small increments with minimal planning and do not directly involve long-term planning and daily stand-ups, updating tasks.
- Involved in creating Software Design documents, Technical Design & Unit testing documents.
- Implemented MVC design pattern using Struts2 Framework in Presentation tier.
- Involved in Design, UML Modeling and in developing Use Case Diagrams.
- Minimized coupling between Presentation tier and Business tier with Spring IOC.
- Involved in developing code for obtaining bean references in spring framework using Dependency Injection.
- Managed all support activities adhering to technical, security and compliance standards.
- Developed Shell script files using VM Script and used Java Mail to notify user's transactions and activities.
- Developed Session Facade for minimizing number of requests between client and server and Factory get database connections.
- Application is build using Maven tool scripts.
- Researched and evaluated alternative solutions and made recommendations to obtain efficiencies and cost effective solutions.
- Used Spring IOC for injecting the Hibernate and used Hibernate annotations to design the modeling part of the application.
- Used Stateless Session Beans to encapsulate the business logic and developed Web Services for the modules to integrate client's API.
- Involved in designing, development of internal sub module which updates files to SVN repository directly using SVN Kit.
Environment: Linux, Tomcat, Java, Collections, Multithreading, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, JMS, MS-SQL server 2008, Web Services, SVN Kit, JQuery, JSON, VM Script, Log4J, SQL Developer, ANT, My Eclipse.
- The project involves complete software development life cycle with Object Orientedapproach of client’s business process and continuous client feedback.
- Worked on designing and developing a complete service oriented system based on SOA principles and architecture in agiledevelopment environment.
- Used Spring validation and wrote validation rules.
- Developed Java Servlets as access/task controllers and Java Beans wrapper components to implement business logic.
- Designed and developed Login/Logout module using JSP and Spring Handlers to authenticate the access level for the users.
- Developed internationalized JSP pages using resource bundles.
- Focused primarily on the spring components such as Dispatcher Servlet, Controllers, Model and View Objects, View Resolver.
- Used eclipse as the IDE and used eclipse standard/plug-in features for editing, debugging, compiling, and formatting.
- Wrote service method and SQL queries, PL/SQL to interact with Oracle DBMS.
- Used Log4J and JUnit for debugging, testing, and maintaining the system state.