- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Engineering Technology with 6+ years of experience in Software development specialized in automation test and manual test for Client/Server applications, Web Services, Multi - tier Web Based and applications on mobile platforms.
- Experience in requirement analysis, Manual Functional Automation and performance testing and implementation of web base applications using automation tests tools like HP automation software solutions and Selenium -Java. Proficient in working with testing and carrying out functional, GUI Testing, Integration Testing, Middleware testing, White Box testing, Black Box Testing, User Acceptance Testing and Regression Testing.
- Experience in writing and executing test scripts, test plans and test strategies. In-depth knowledge of SDLC process and related methodologies such as agile software development method.
- Expertise in preparing Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Summary Reports, Test Cases, Test Scripts for Manual and Automated testing based on the User Requirements Document and System Requirements Document for the Functional, System, Integration, Regression, GUI, UAT, Security, Database, Smoke/Sanity and Usability testing.
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC), STLC, Bug Life Cycle and software development methodologies, including Waterfall and AGILE environment.
- Work experience with software automation testing tools like UFT, Selenium Webdriver and Selenium-RC
- Implemented Automation Framework using Hybrid, Data Driven and Customized framework approaches.
- Strong database skills that include building/maintaining tables and indexes, building/maintaining SQL, SQL scripts, Stored Procedures.
- Work experience in Load testing, web services testing (Rest, Soap) using JMeter and Soap UI respectively with verification of XML files.
- Worked with release management team to properly plan and allocate resources to test applications before releasing them into production.
- Possess extensive in-depth knowledge of programming languages like Java, C, C++, Python, PHP, C# and Visual Basic
- Familiar with HP Automation software solutions, UFT and QC to create and manage test scripts while keeping track of defects and HP Quick Test Professional to create test scripts on Windows application and Web application.
- Proficient in the preparation of test data for positive and negative testing of the different modules of the application under test.
- Implemented test techniques such as Decision Tables, Use Cases, State Transition and Data Flow Diagrams.
- Excellent reading, writing, verbal, communication and documentation skills with the ability to interact with business and development teams.
Programming Languages: C++, C, Java, PHP, SQL, C#, Python, VB
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile
Databases: SQL Server, MS Access, MySQL, Oracle
Tools: Selenium, HP Quick Test Professional, HP Quality Center, MS Office, MS Visio, Soap UI, Eclipse, NetBeans(6.9.1 and 7.2). IntelliJ
Operating Systems: Windows 7/Vista/XP/NT/2000/98, Linux
Browsers: MS IE, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Chrome
Bug Tracking Tools: Bugzilla, Jira, QC,Clear Quest
Mobile Devices: Apple, Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola, Nokia
Mobile OS: iOS, Android, Windows Mobile
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Java Automation Developer
- Gathering the requirements from the business analyst and performing requirement analysis and test planning.
- Performed functional tests using Selenium Webdriver with data driven framework and documented final results in a html files, excel files and Jenkins automation server.
- Created jobs and set automatic test triggers using Jenkins automation server.
- Authored and maintained Automation Selenium Webdriver for regression and functional testing using hybrid framework.
- Parameterized automated scripts using to perform cross browser testing in runtime.
- Responsible for writing cucumber feature files to be used in automation.
- Created Cucumber based test case using java JUnit Framework.
- Developed the domain objects to call and use web-service elements to the application
- Involved in the design and development of the individual and re-usable automation components
- Extensively used Firebug to identify page elements to be used in automation
- Coordinating, planning & executing the automated test cases.
- Involved in the scheduling of tests in Jenkins the Staging and QA regions.
- Maintained the version control of the source code using Git based repository.
- Performed the unit testing, integration testing and system testing of the applications.
- Worked closely with the manual QA teams during identification and defect fixes.
- Code verification/reviews with team developers to make sure that standard is followed.
- Involved in the implementation of DAO to get required data for automation.
- Used SOAP web services to get required data needed for automation
- Implemented Java/J2EE Automation Design patterns like Page object model to ensure re-usability of code.
- Configured and used appium to automate mobile ordering system regression test cases on Android and IOS
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Reviewing and writing test cases for User story.
- Conducted Smoke testing, Load testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Data validation testing.
- Designed & Enhance Selenium Hybrid Data Driven Framework for the regression testing using modular approach undertaken with using User defined function library, shared object repository, Static data file and user define result sheet.
- Designed Functions Library, Functions, Subroutine's, Common functions, Utilities functions, Regular Expressions and Environmental variables
- Performed web service validation using SoapUI PRO and automating the test suite.
- Experience in validating the RESTful web services using SoapUI tool.
- Developed automated Test scripts using Selenium WebDriver to perform Functional and Regression testing.
- Managed test cases and tracked bugs to closure in Quality Center.
- Formulate methods to perform Positive and Negative testing against requirements.
- Developed SQL queries to check the database automatically and checking the data integrity in accordance with business standards of the company.
- Used TOAD for SQL Server to write SQL queries for validating constraints, indexes.
- Hands on experience in collecting several metrics and come up with corrective measure to be presented to senior management.
- Participated in User Acceptance testing (UAT) and involved in UA test cases, Executed test cases, Documenting Defects, Resolved defects and Signed Off from Application.
- Mentor QA teams on creating automation scripts using Selenium, Jmeter and SoapUI.
- Attended daily stand ups, grooming, planning, and QA roundtables.
ENVIRONMENT: Windows - 7, Vista, XP, 2003, 98, UNIX, UBUNTU, IBM MF, AS 400, TouchPoint, Unix, Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2008, TOAD, Java, JSP, jQuery, PL/SQL, Visual Basic 6.0, UFT 11.5, Load Runner, Soap UI, WinRunner, XML, HTML, QC 10.0, UML, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Visio
Confidential, Newark, DE
Automation Test Lead
- Developed test cases from available Logic test to be tested in Mainframe System.
- Automated mainframe test cases with UFT
- Developed a data driven framework for fraud authorizations which covered many possible scenarios by using Page Object Model
- Extracted Data using Excel Macros from old Mainframe system to be tested in the new main frame.
- Maintained reusable libraries and SVN repository.
- Developed a data driven framework that fully interacted with Tsys Main frame with Online banking for data validation.
- Configured and foresee all automation machines for proper functionality during regression testing and daily executions
- Fully automated system integration test cases for online multisystem network interface newly added features as well as already existing functionality.
- Daily Coordination off shore resource executions and development progress on regression script
- Imported and used open source api in automation projects
- Reported and tracked bugs to closure.
- Developed and executed daily heath check scripts tested on claims and fraud systems and analyzed all failures for any show stoppers or bugs.
- Generated reports from QC and provide accurate estimates on completion of assigned tasks.
- Conduct daily meeting to accurately track progress of testing activities and identify blockers and provided solutions or workaround.
Environment: Mainframe Environment, Windows, Oracle, Quality Center 11.0, QTP 11.0, PL/SQL, MSSQL, NET, HTML, VB Script, Agile environment, IE 9.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Lead Test Automation Architect
- Manually refactor the current test case to match the current standards.
- Automated already refactored test cases as per the automation standards.
- Developing enhanced SQL queries to be used in automation test data to fully test a given scenario.
- Redesign \ Rewrite Test Case Creation in HP ALM.
- Maintaining routine maintenance of regression automated scripts
- Leading a Team of 12 resources to execute the Automation effort.
- Analyzing the Regression Test Cases for functional flow.
- Test Case Feasibility Analysis to identify candidates for Service and UI Testing.
- Redesign \ Rewrite Test Case Creation in HP ALM.
- Identification of the Services from Data Log, for Service Testing.
- Test Script Development using Selenium Webdriver.
- Test Data preparation for given scenarios
- Test Case execution for script Unit testing.
- Test Case Maintenance\Refactoring and bug fixes.
- Fully automated Mobile Web test cases using Perfecto mobile integrated with QTP UFT add in.
- Participate in defining automation test objectives, strategies, infrastructure and standards
- Created VB script to get reports/data from Quality Center with the use of OTA API
- Created various database SQL process to check daily Production system health check.
- Created communication strategy for automation for several projects.
- Assigned the work to the Team members as per the requirements and timelines and trained the new hires accordingly
- Assure product quality with thorough test coverage justified by well-defined tools/metrics.
- Report, track, and manage defect resolution to the closure.
Environment: Mainframe Environment, Windows, Oracle, Quality Center 11.0, QTP 11.0, PL/SQL, MSSQL, NET, HTML, Soap UI, VB Script, Agile environment, Perfecto Mobile.
Confidential, West Hills, CA
- Developed software test cases, test design specifications and test plans from user stories.
- Created and maintained functions to support the automated scripts using QTP using actions and reusable actions to support regression testing.
- Parameterized the scripts in QTP to run scripts for multiple sets of data.
- Developed user defined functions and created objects using descriptive programming to support the automated scripts using QTP.
- Analyzed and obtained a thorough grasp of the business process and documented the System specifications, Business requirements and the Testing process
- Created reusable functions in VB scripts using QTP and created Shared object repository for the entire test set to test most of the Web modules.
- Used Soap UI tool to located the WSDL file on the internet, create test cases, execute test cases as well as performing load testing.
- Customized the Test Case and Test Plans in Quality Center according to the requirements of the project
- Performed back-end testing on Oracle and SQL Server databases by writing SQL queries
- Verified that the generated XML files were accurate and current by creating XML checkpoints for testing dynamically changing XML feeds using Soap UI.
- Involved in the design, writing and implementation of Software Quality Plans, Software Configuration Management Plans, Software Test Plans, Test Design Specifications, and test cases.
- Maintained and improved the existed smoke test cases.
- Scheduled QTP scripts execution through Quality Center to run the tests.
- Performed manual testing for checking functionality, security, and regression during various phases of the development of the application.
Environment: Quality Center, QTP, SQL Database, Soap UI, Oracle, VB Script, Agile environment
Confidential, Solon, OH
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Reviewed the Test Basis, designed and documented Test Strategies, Test Plan, Test Cases and executed test cases.
- Wrote Test Scenarios, Test cases in HP Quality center.
- Validated XML responses generated for different Web Services request over HTTP.
- Responsible for identifying test cases for manual and Automation for Smoke Test, Functional and Regression Tests.
- Authored and maintained Automation VB scripts for regression and functional testing using QTP with hybrid framework.
- Wrote SQL queries to be used in database testing to make sure that the data displayed on the User Interface is the correct information as per the database.
- Involved in execution of all types of system testing including: Integration, Regression, User Acceptance and Functional testing.
- Performed various Error handling techniques for QTP and debugged scripts for accuracy.
- Created reusable functions in VB scripts using QTP and created objects to represent the objects of the modules being tested using descriptive programming.
- Responsible for scheduling execution of scripts in Quality Center.
- Authored Java based Script to be executed for browser compatibility and regression tests using Selenium-RC/Selenium Webdriver for every new build release.
- Identified, Reported and Tracked Defects using Quality Center test management tool.
- Manually tested, verified and validated that the product meets user requirements.
- Performed Regression and Re-Testing following any updates or bug fixes by the development team.
- Assisted QA lead in documenting User Acceptance Test report and reporting defect resolution.
Environment: Quality Center, Eclipse, Selenium RC, SQL Server, SQL Enterprise Manager, Agile environment, Web Services, QTP, Unix, Soap UI.