To obtain a part-time\\second-shift position where my software engineering skills can be utilized.
Bachelors of Science
Summary of qualifications:
Six plus years experience in the computer industry within Software Engineering and computer technician capacities, including Teaching/Training, and Full Project Life cycle development. A Hands-on Software Development background including architecture, design, and implementation, with particular expertise in Java’s J2ME (MIDP and CLDC configurations). Accustomed to being a team player.
- Strong in JAVA, J2ME (MIDP and CLDC configurations)
- J2SE, JEE, J2EE, JDBC
- JSP, Servlet
- Google Earth Development, KML
- C# (.NET 1.1/.NET 2.0)
- BEA WebLogic Portal/Server
- Object Oriented Design/Development
- HTML/DHTML, CSS
- XML, XSLT, JAXP
- Microsoft Access, SQL, Unix/Linux
- Ms-Dos, Windows OS 3.1 – Current
- Visual Studio 6.0, Visual Studio .NET 2003
- Visual Source Safe
- Sun J2ME Wireless Toolkit, RIM Blackberry Java IDE
- Eclipse IDE
- Mantis 1.0(Bug tracking system)
Lead Software Engineer:
January 2009 – July 09 Confidential,MD
Developer on program developing structured, object-oriented software including full life cycle including: development, integration, and testing. The project utilizes the following technologies. Java/JEE web application development including SOA, Java Web Services, SOAP, XML, JDBC with relational databases.
Software Engineer: Confidential,
June 2007 – December 2008 Linthicum, MD
Developer responsible for full life cycle analysis, design, development, implementation and support of Enterprise applications developed on the BEA WebLogic Platform. Also responsible for the integration and customization of Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) suites with existing systems.
Software Engineer: Confidential,
October 2006 – June 2007 MD 21045
Engineer on team responsible for the technical planning, design, development, testing, and implementation of J2EE applications created with BEA’s WebLogic Portal connecting to a Sybase data repository. Engineer also responsible for the management of Internet, Intranet, extranet activities, and technical management of Web sites using various technologies (XML, JSP, UNIX, HTML, Flash, Action Script)
Project: Single Sign On proof of Concept
Engineer on team that developed single-sign-on concept application which integrated Sun’s Identity Manager, Access Manager, Directory Server and WebLogic Portal with J2EE applications. This allowed for a single point of entry into existing J2EE applications and full control of application users lifecycle.
Project: WebLogic Migration
Engineer responsible for the migration of J2EE applications created and hosted in WebLogic 8.1.5 to WebLogic 9.2
Project: Search Engine
Developed Search engine which implemented full text search capability of content hosted in a WebLogic repository.
Software Engineer – Confidential,
November2002 – October 20062301 Dorsey Rd. Suite
111 Glen Burnie, MD 21061
- Engineer on team responsible for development of LRW’s JAVA solution for their flagship product Extensia. This product wirelessly synchronizes Microsoft Exchange 5.5 mail, calendaring & scheduling, and contacts to RIM’s line of handhelds. Major tasks included development of all applications (calendar, contacts, and email) as well as customized client side implementations now copyrighted by LRW. These software components consist of object data synchronization and encryption decryption using the Phaos encryption library (FIPS 140-2, triple DES), between device and desktop, security certificate synchronization between device and desktop, and ‘Over the Air’ Provisioning.
- Worked with server side team to develop packet specification and developed client side J2ME UDP data transport which allowed for synchronizing with server C# applications to Confirm receipt/sending of data packets. This transport was later integrated with UI apps developed by team in Monterrey, Mexico. This allowed for instantaneous receiving, processing, and updating of client UI with received data.
- Supervised and coordinated engineering efforts between customer and engineering teams in Glen Burnie, Maryland, Monterrey, Mexico, and Buffalo, New York.
- Responsible for quality control for all final releases of software. Verified bug fixes, software regression testing, software updates, and customer support documentation.
- Responsible for creation and support of client environment. This included expertise in Research In Motion’s Java Development Environment as well as all RIM’s Blackberry Java device related support.
- Responsible for resolution of all connectivity issues related to customer enterprise infrastructure and the following wireless networks - Cingular, AT&T Wireless, and Verizon.
- Integrated inter-process communication for the
Blackberry device between client Java applications,
middle-ware (serialization and encryption of
packets), and transport.
- Worked directly with the QA team to confirm and
resolve bugs found in all Java/C# applications.
Project: Custom Installer
- Created custom C++ Microsoft Foundation Class DLL accessed by Installshield 12 installer. This library handled MAPI detection, MAPI profile creation/deletion, DNS resolving and .Net version detection for the installer.
Project: Build Server
- Member on team responsible for architecture, design, and implementation of nightly build server. Task involved use of .NET build scripting tool NANT to create scripts to compile C# projects, move and delete files as well as send nightly email confirmations of build success or failure.
Project: Unit Testing
- Implemented NUNIT, a unit-testing framework for .Net, to create unit tests for multi-threaded client/server side C# applications.