- Atlassian Certified Jira Administrator having 6+ years of total IT experience with 3+ years as a dedicated professional JIRA Administrator with an excellent knowledge and background working with such programs as JIRA Agile, JIRA Capture, JIRA Portfolio, JIRA Service Desk and a large variety of other programs.
- Experience in writing Jira API Tools to auto - move Service Desk tickets of one issue type to a Jira project of another issue type and to extract the list of Jira users with the respective Jira Groups and Project Roles
- Hands-on experience in Agile Scrum model waterfall models, XP Practices like Pair Programming and Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Strong knowledge on Atlassian Crowd for central identity management.
- Having good administration experience in implementing continuous build and continuous integration & deployment process using Atlassian products like JIRA, Confluence, Fisheye, Bamboo, Crowd etc.
- Agile Program management, JIRA-Agile Scrum/Kanban, Bug Cycle management, SDLC design advice using JIRA.
- Good Experience in various Jira plugins such as Jira client, Jira importer plugin, Jira Charting Plugin, the connector for Microsoft project and Jira Misc Custom fields.
- Used Groovy scripts on Script Runner module to compose custom scripts for JIRA.
- Migrated Jira across environments and worked on Jira database MYSQL dumps.
- Created custom dashboards, advance filters and formula-based fields.
- Experience on external import tools like CSV, Bugzilla, and Pivotal tracker, JSON.
- Extensively worked with Version Control Systems like Perforce, SVN (Subversion), XRAY, Jenkins (Hudson), Anthillpro, GIT, TFS.
- Experience in integrating JIRA with single sign on (SSO) plugins.
- Worked with different version management tools like CVS, Subversion and Clear Case.
- Prepared detailed functional design documents (FDD) to translate the business requirements specified in functional requirement document (FRD) into programmed application modules.
- Experience in Identifying, debugging and troubleshooting application code-related issues in production.
- JIRA Administration experience with customizing JIRA projects with various schemas, complex workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes etc.
- Created JQL filters and shared with teams and used them on gadgets.
- Good understanding on integrating Jira with other products such as Sales Force, Share Point, Zen desk and Microsoft office connector.
- Experience in setting up baselines, branching, merging and automation processes using shell, Perl, python, and batch scripts.
- Experience in defining the branching and merging strategies, creating baselines and releasing the code.
- Involved in enabling security for users, groups administration and daily backup and restore operations
- Have been working on Query optimization, functions and Stored Procedures and other database objects. Worked on Oracle9i, 10g and 11g, MySQL.
- Hands-on experience to Scrum Agile model, XP Practices like Pair Programming and Test-Driven Development (TDD).
Project Management Tools: Atlassian - JIRA and Confluence, Stash
Scripting Tools: Shell scripting, Perl
Languages: XML, HTML, SQL, Java, Python, PHP
Job Scheduling Tool: AUTOSYS, Cron
Tools: Urban Deploy, Toad, Service Now, HP Manager
Database: Oracle - SQL
Software Methodologies: SDLC, Agile, Waterfall
Version Control Tools: CVS, SVN, GIT
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, Linux, Mac OS
- Permission schemes
- Email notification schemes
- Issue security levels
- Comment visibility
- Workflow conditions
Confidential, Irving, Texas
- Currently working as Atlassian Systems Administrator handling JIRA, Confluence, and JIRA Agile.
- JIRA configuration and administration (from installing the new JIRA instance to JIRA administration)
- Creation of specific projects in JIRA (complex workflows, issue types schemes, field configuration schemes, permission schemes, screen schemes)
- Setup Continuous Integration environment using Jira, Bamboo, Bitbucket and ant script.
- Migrated projects from one instance to another using the CSV importer with the help of inbuilt importer plug-in.
- Create various dashboards based on the team needs by utilizing the Rest API and PHP script.
- Supporting complex Atlassian environments and have experience with integrating Atlassian tools with other internal & external systems.
- Installed JIRA Suite utilities plugin that provides additional workflow features such as conditions, validator and post-functions.
- Committed code changes written in Script Runner for custom groovy scripts utilizing JIRA Script Runner to create an automated and dynamic ADSS request form.
- Customized both JIRA and Confluence to integrate into the pre-existing systems with an eye towards making the programs extensions of their systems, and not hindrances to their systems.
- Evaluated existing architecture and implemented Technical changes based on Atlassian best practices.
- Monitor Jira logs when performing migrations, troubleshooting user’s/system issues.
- Worked on confluence- Assigned user personal space and provided assistance in using Confluence
- Monitored monthly performances of 400+ portfolios, detected potential risk factors to report to higher management.
- Integrating Jira with Stash/Crowd/Bitbucket Server and worked on JQL filters, Dashboards, Gadgets.
- Created JQL functions (e.g. search for all linked issues).
- Installed various Jira plugins such as Jira client, Jira importer plugin, Script Runner, zephyr, Jira Charting Plugin, the connector for Microsoft project and Jira Misc Custom fields
- Created custom dashboards, advance filters and formula-based fields.
- Implemented and managed, as Configuration Manager, builds and source code branching as well as QC and integration testing environments.
- Developed an Automated Build & Deployment Process across large Java projects using ANT/Maven.
- Introduced Confluence to many departs, replacing their internal wiki system.
- Validated best business practices and rules to implement with the new model along with appropriate user approvals and sign-off.
- Supports the integration of existing and new applications within the current infrastructure, including but not limited to: Fisheye, Crucible, Crowd, Bamboo, and Stash.
- Extensive experience in setting up baselines, branching, merging, periodic backups of the source code and automation processes using shell and Perl scripts.
Technical Environment: JIRA, Confluence, Fisheye, Script Runner, Crucible, Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket Server.
Confidential, King of Prussia, PA
- Atlassian Systems Administration and Configuration handling JIRA, Confluence, JIRA Agile.
- Meet with team leads and gather requirements for business processes and determine ways to optimize/improve JIRA setup and workflows, as well as identify where functionality can/cannot meet user requests.
- Configure new JIRA projects and maintain existing projects
- Troubleshoot to resolve problems in an existing JIRA installation and implement all approved changes.
- Work with development and leads to review testing approaches and ensure solutions support enterprise goals
- Work with management, developers, quality engineers, and product managers to gather requirements and define workflow for a new project, then implement in JIRA.
- Install, configure and administer JIRA and Confluence and other development tools
- Maintain JIRA and JAMA security and permissions.
- Installed Fisheye, Bamboo on Amazon EC2 instances.
- Integrated applications like Fisheye, Stash, and Bamboo to Jira apart from other PM tools.
- Create projects on Jira and assigned Jira Agile boards.
- Configure dashboard and generate reports on various format including Pie Chart, Average Age Chart, Heat Map on statistical data including Resolution, Time Spend etc.
- Created custom workflows, screens and Custom fields for Jira.
- Integrate JIRA and Confluence (for User management and Issues/Pages sharing).
- Migrated JIRA across environments and Maintained JIRA ALM.
- Create, maintain and support dashboards and advanced filters for end users reporting capabilities.
- Installed various Jira plugins such as Jira client, Jira importer plugin, Jira Charting Plugin, the connector for Microsoft project and Jira Misc Custom fields.
- Installed Add-ons such as Craftware Search linked issues for Jira, Gliffy Confluence plugin, Jira Capture, Zephyr, Tempo, Service Desk.
- Created build and deployment jobs in Jenkins for various components.
- Used Jenkins as a build tool to create build packages.
- Migrated Jira across environments and worked on Jira database dumps
- Worked on Jira Cloud as part of evaluation.
- Kept the executive team informed of project progress, issues, risks and status.
Technical Environment: JIRA, Confluence, Java/J2EE, Jenkins, AWS, Apache HTTP, Jama.
- Involved in various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and the project was developed using Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Generated Use case diagrams, Class diagrams, and Sequence diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Implemented the application using Jakarta Struts Framework which is based on Model View Controller design pattern.
- Used the Struts validation and Tiles Framework in the presentation layer.
- Developed user interface using JSP, JSP Tag libraries and Struts Tag Libraries to simplify the complexities of the application.
- Developed various Hibernate components to fulfill the business functionality.
- Used Java Script for client-side validations and validation frame work for server-side validations.
- Session Beans have been used to process the requests from the user.
- Extensively used Hibernate in data access layer to access and update information in the database.
- Designed and developed the UI using HTML, CSS and JSP, JSTL, jQuery.
- Used Spring Framework for Dependency injection and integrated with the Struts Framework and Hibernate.
- Used Web services - WSDL and SOAP for getting credit card information from third party.
- Used JMS API for asynchronous communication by putting the messages in the Message queue.
- Implemented various design patterns in the project such as Business Delegate, Session Façade, Data Transfer Object, Data Access Object, Service Locator and Singleton.
- Designed various tables required for the project in Oracle 9i database and used the Stored Procedures in the application.
- Performed unit testing using JUNIT framework and used Struts Test Cases for testing Action Classes.
- Used Maven scripts to build the application and deployed on WebSphere Application Server.
- Monitored the error logs using Log4J and fixed the problems.
- Designed Graphical user interface using Java Swing, HTML and JSF.
- Worked with AJAX, ExtJS and JSON.
- Developed the different components of application such as JSPs, Servlets, EJB's using WebSphere Studio Application Developer and used CVS for version control.