- Over 7 years of professional software development experience in the analysis, design, implementation and testing of Object Oriented Applications (OOPS).
- Strong knowledge in core aspects of Java: Swing, Collections, Multithreading, Exception Handling.
- Strong expertise in Algorithms, data structures and excellent problem solving skills.
- Good experience in using tools like ANT, JUnit, Log4J.
- Extensively worked on XML Technologies like XML Parsers (SAX, DOM), XSL, XSLT,JAX - WS/RS.
- Solid working knowledge on Spring Framework, using modules Spring-Core, AOP, Webflow, Security, MVC and DAO.
- Good experience with JBoss, Tomcat servers.
- Solid experience in database design and creation of schemas, writing stored procedures, functions, triggers, DDL and DML SQL queries.
- Strong knowledge with development in Agile / Scrum methodology and Multi-tier applications.
- Experience with J2EE complaint IDEs: Eclipse, NetBeans and Intellij.
- Experience using cross-browser testing tools like IETester and FireBug; version control tools like SVN, GIT; job scheduler like Autosys; quality management tools like Mercury Quality Center and HP Quality Center.
- Experience in creating Use Case, Class diagrams using tools Microsoft Visio and Rational Rose.
- Excellent ability in writing specifications and gathering requirements from the user and implement the requirements in software applications. Also in preparing test case scenarios, internal documentation and in the application production support.
Languages: C, C++, Java/J2EE, Python
Spring related: Spring-Core, Spring AOP, Spring MVC
Frameworks: Struts 1.x, Struts2.x, Spring, Hibernate 3.x/2.x, Grails
Databases: Oracle, DB2, MySQL, MS SQL Server, MS Access VBA, MongoDB
XML technologies: XML, XAS, DOM, XSL, XSD and DTD
System Designing Tools.: UML, Rational Rose
Other technologies: RESTful, SOAP, WSDL
IDE: Eclipse 2.x/3.2, Net Beans, IBM RAD, JDeveloper
App Server: WebSphere 6.1/7/8, WebLogic 10.x/11.x, JBoss
Web Server: Apache Tomcat, Java Web Server 2.0
Tools: /Version Controls: JUnit, Ant, Maven, UML, CVS, SVN
WORK EXPERIENCEConfidential, Pleasanton CA
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer
- Involved in analysis and preparation of design plans for new enhancements.
- Actively involved in discussions and meetings with analysts and associates.
- Worked in the design and development of Web Service classes by using Service Oriented Architecture SOA, WSDL, UDDI, CFX and SOAP.
- Used Spring framework for dependency injection and to interact with Oracle SQL database using Hibernate ORM.
- Implemented business logic on server side using Session Beans and Entity beans.
- Used Hibernate to persist data into the Oracle SQL database.
- Modified existing databases, stored procedures, tables, indexes according to the function requirements.
- Performed necessary validations of each screen developed by writing Triggers, Procedures and Functions available along with objects, events and methods.
- Created dynamic views using AngularJS.
- Generated Scala classes from respective APIs and incorporated in the application.
- Incorporated Login authentication by using JSP and to retrieve saved quotes.
- Used Camel framework for integration, routing and improving the performance of the system, integrating applications using JBOSS Fuse.
- Developed and implemented the MVC Architecture pattern using Spring MVC Framework including JSP, Servlets and Action classes.
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix for development of each use case.
- Developed Action Forms, Action Classes and Servlets based on Struts Framework.
- Integrated Jive along with other web technologies.
- Extending Jive API for Spring bean configuration to load data.
- Used Spring AOP to implement security.
- Worked on migration to MS Azure cloud.
- Designed and implemented the Web Services using Axis2 Soap Engine to integrate with the backend systems.
- Implemented integration techniques using Apache Camel and Active MQ techniques.
- Used the reporting tool Jasper to generate reports according to the business requirements.
- Involved in Unit Testing using JUnit, Integration Testing and System Testing.
- Involved in writing Maven build file to build and deploy the application and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Performance tuning of the application through refactoring and using JProfiler tool.
- Used Git for version control and Log4J for logging.
- Wrote build and deployment scripts using shell, Perl and ANT scripts and involved in the performance analysis and bug fixes.
- Responsible for the build and deployments in WebSphere application server in different environments.
Environment: Spring, Web Services-SOAP JAX-WS, AXIS 2, CFX, Camel, SOAP, JMS, JDK, JDBC, HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, JSON, Hibernate, Jive, JUnit Test Cases, WebSphere 8, Unix, Rational Clear Case, Jasper reports, Maven, Jenkins.Confidential, Monroeville PA
Java Developer- Associate
- Involved in gathering requirements, analysis and design.
- Implemented J2EE standards, MVC architecture using Struts framework.
- Implemented JSF and Ajax to design the UI.
- Developed the Web Application using Struts Framework by creating Action classes, Form beans and configuring the action mappings. Integrated ICEfaces framework.
- GUI design and development using Java Swing (JIDE).
- Implemented JTree menu and the content is configured from the external XML file.
- Implemented the NoSQL database MongoDB interaction using Hibernate (ORM).
- Used Grails (Groovy) for developing backend controller and service layer.
- REST web services written in Groovy wrapped by JAX-RS.
- Wrote database schema and used NoSQL database MongoDB at the backend. Used MongoDB’s Java API to connect to the database from front-end.
- Improved the existing database by writing new user functions and stored procedures.
- Responsible for setting up Python REST API framework using DJANGO.
- Used NodeJS for server-side development.
- Performed problem troubleshooting and bugs fixing in XSLT and Java related.
- Provided support and help in management of data and XSLT programming.
- Administered WebLogic Portal Server.
- Worked with ANT, writing scripts (used Gradle).
- Used JIRA for issue and bug tracking.
- Tomcat, JBOSS servers were used for testing and WebLogic 11 was used for deploying.
- Developed RESTful Web Services using Jersey framework JAX-RS and JSON to retrieve information.
- Involved in various testing as per the specifications and test cases including Unit and Integration testing using JUnit scripts via Selenium Remote Control.
- Developed an Ajax framework for rapid development of Rich Internet Application access to databases.
- The existing web system was enhanced using Struts.
- Used State management supporting like request, application, session, flash and view scoped java beans.
- Used Git as version control repository and Maven, Bamboo for continuous build integration.
- Experience migrating to cloud based Microservices. Deployed Containers and Microservices in Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud and worked on setting up cloud environment and supported Amazon AWS services like EC2, S3 etc.
- Worked on creating the AWS EC2 instances and security groups.
Java/J2EE Application Developer
- Involved in the design and development phases.
- Developed MVC design pattern based UI using JSP, XML, ExtJS, HTML, CSS, NodeJS and Struts.
- Applied OOP concepts, including UML use cases, class and interaction diagrams.
- Implemented business objects and coded business logic using Java/Groovy.
- Used Groovy/Grails MVC in the design of application.
- Used Spring framework configuration files to manage objects and to achieve dependency injection.
- Used Struts validator framework to validate user input.
- Used AngularJS controllers to update entity models, and AngularJS custom filters to provide better search experience.
- GUI design and development using Java Swing components (JTree, JList, JTable, JMenu, JCombobox, JText, JTabbedPane and Layout Management), APIs like JGoodies, SWINGX.
- Used Dependency Injection feature of Spring framework and involved in writing the database integration code using Hibernate, and used the Spring AOP features to handle the exceptions.
- Implemented the DAO pattern for MySQL database connectivity and Hibernate for object persistence.
- Created XML files for storing the data required for module.
- Developed utility classes, which allows easy translation from XML to Java and back. Also implemented Property Reader to read properties from flat file.
- Implemented access control and authentication using Spring Security.
- Implemented Python to retrieve and manipulate data.
- Developed window layouts and screen flows using Struts tiles.
- Used ANT script to build WAR and EAR files and deployed on WebSphere.
- Used Java/J2EE design patterns like Business Delegate and Data Transfer Object (DTO).
- Implemented Spring Boot Microservices to create submodules.
- Migrated applications to the AWS cloud.
- Used JUnit, Log4J for Unit testing and logging, SVN for version control.
- Used Jasper reports and JFreeCharts to generate various statistical reports.
- Used JIRA for tracking and updating the project issues.
- Used Maven for build framework and Jenkins for continuous build system.
- Created Web services using Apache Axis 2 for communication with other application.
- Created and executed unit and regression test scripts. Created personal and common test data, tracked actual vs expected results and evaluated quality of modules created.
- Responsible for delivering changes to different development, integration and user acceptance testing regions, supporting user acceptance testing and addressing defects and in production and fixing production defects.
- Involved in the design, planning and implementation of the project.
- Designed style sheets using XSLT, XPATH and CSS.
- Developed Web Services and SOAP components as client service interfaces that replaced the legacy IBM MQ series Message Broker.
- Worked on generating the web service classes using SOA, WSDL, UDDI and SOAP.
- Responsible for identifying and creating the MQ objects required for the interfaces.
- Developed Use case diagrams, class and Sequence diagrams and process flow diagrams for the modules using UML and Rational Rose.
- Strong experience in developing customized light weight persistence classes and Hibernate ORM framework.
- Worked with JMS for reliable exchange information across applications.
- Involved in working with JMS Queues in sending and receiving asynchronous messages via MDBs.
- Configured the Hibernate Mapping files for mapping the domain objects to the SQL database tables and their corresponding properties to the table columns.
- Configured Hibernate Session Factory, Hibernate mapping files, dependencies between delegate classes, Used Tiles, DAOs, controller and validation classes and domain objects as part of the Spring configuration file.
- Developed Validators for application components using the Spring validation framework.
- Used RAD IDE for the development, build, deployment and testing of the application.
- Used ANT and Maven frameworks to build the application.
- Developed XML documents for storing various user specific information.
- Used Log4J for external configuration files and debugging.
- Performed Unit Testing on the application and the web services.
- Tested the whole module using SOAP UI.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology and practice in multidisciplinary team.
- Involved in high level business meetings, provided suggestions and have been appreciated.
- Involved in complete life cycle of software development- designing, development, testing and deployment.
- Developed the backend logic using J2EE, Web Services- SOAP, REST, WSDL, XML and XSLT and generated client stubs using Axis2 and GlassFish.
- Designed and developed the GUI using Java Swing.
- Designed the logic using Spring MVC and Hibernate frameworks.
- Extensively developed the supporting Java Beans components.
- Written stored procedures, triggers in SQL.
- Implemented the service request backup mechanism using JMS messaging queues.
- Deployed and maintaining applications in JBoss application server.
- Implemented test cases using JUnit.
- Participated in documentation, code reviews, release and post implementation support.
Environment: Java, Swing, JDBC 3.0, Hibernate, Spring, Struts 2.1, JBoss, SQL, XML, XSLT, JQuery, AJAX, JSF, SOAP, JMS, JUnit, Eclipse, JAXB, Eclipse, CVS, WebLogic.