- 11 Years of total IT experience & 3+ years in Hadoop.
- Expertise in Managing, Monitoring and Administration of Cloudera Hadoop. (HDFS, YARN, Zookeeper, Sqoop, Oozie,hive,hbase)
- Enabled & supported Hive, Hbase in large clusters.
- Experience in support operations 24/7.
- Experienced in Kafka cluster maintenance and support.
- Experience in supporting large clusters.
- Experience in Hadoop security, Kerberos and TLS management.
- Enable HA for nameservice.
- Set up the automated process for User Onboarding and off boarding.
- Expertise in working with openssl & JKS.
- Experience in implementing Safenet - keysecure HSM.
- Experience on Upgrade of major & minor upgrades in production size clusters.
- Expertise in patching Cloudera CM & CDH.
- Expertise in HDFS AT REST ENCRYPTION implementation on large clusters.
- Adding / decommissioning nodes from Hadoop cluster.
- Expertise in Cloudera Navigator Encryption.
- Expertise in Implementing and maintain Hadoop Security.
- Experienced in managing firewalls
- Expertise in enabling tls across services.
- Debugging the job failures & RCA reports.
- Handled log maintenance for various services.
- Expertise in Installing, Configuring and Managing RedHat Linux.
- Expertise in Python & UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Hands on Experience in Python.
- Working experience in Large Datacenters in Production environment with 24X7 On-Call Support.
- Troubleshooting Cluster issues, Backup and Disaster Recovery for keytrustee, Root Cause Analysis & documentation.
Operating Systems: RedHat Linux 5.x, 6.x, 7.x
Scripting: Unix Shell Scripting, Java
Hadoop Distributions and EcoSystems: Cloudera Hadoop Stack
Database: Oracle (SQL), MySQL
Languages: Java, C++
Hadoop Configuration Management: Cloudera Manager Other Software s Rational Performance tester, Load runner, Performance Center, Eclipse IDE.:
Confidential . Palo alto, CA
- Implementation of HDFS data at rest encryption to align with FISMA
- Security implementation across the clusters.
- Implementation of VEES (Visa’s implementation of Security)
- Cloudera Navigator Encryption implementation.
- Upgrading from CDH across all clusters.
- Responsible for User Support with application teams
- Secured UIs for process like HUE, CM web UIs using TLS.
- Data copy from different cluster environments.
- User onboarding to different environments like DEV,QA,PROD
- Responsible for implementing Cloudera Recommended Improvements across all clusters
- Capacity planning for new clusters.
- Coordinate with UNIX teams with kernel patching and Vulnerability remediation on Hadoop servers.
- Monitoring cluster health status from DEV/QA/PRE-PROD/PROD
- Coordinate with engineering team to perform pre-validation for nodes made Hadoop ready
- Implement Hive Metastore High Availability.
- Migration of Cloudera Management services to new Hosts.
- Kerberos integration with LDAP
- Sqoop Imports/Exports from DB2 and Oracle DB
- DDLs and DML executions as part of daily activities.
- Primary contact for Hive, Pig, HDFS Components.
- Implemented kernel tunings.
Environment: Linux, CentOS, CDH - Stack, MySQL, Kerberos, Windows
Sr Software Engineer
- Performance testing & reporting.
- Creation of testbed in Performance environment.
- Creation of test data for valid scenarios creation.
- Developed test scripts using Load runner.
- Load monitoring and JVM heap dump monitoring for Java tuning.
- Stress testing and reporting of breakpoints.
- Responsible for Building up Hadoop cluster with Hardware recommendation.
- Setup of agents for load generation.
- Involved in Applications capacity planning.
- Reporting of key impacts and points to be taken care of for production role out.
Environment: Load runner, Linux, Java, Oracle
- Performance testing & reporting
- Client interaction and understanding the requirement and sharing the knowledge with the team.
- Load testing using IBM’s Rational Performance Tester
- Reviewing the Impact Analysis Document for the work requests.
- Preparing the traceability matrix for the release documenting all functional requirements for the release.
- Involved in to the team management activities.
- Sending out the status reports to the client with reference to the work request.
Environment: IBM - Rational performance tester, Load runner, Linux, Java, Oracle
- Installing and maintaining the Linux servers.
- Maintaining Repositries.
- Installed Cent OS using Pre-Execution environment boot and Kick start method on multiple servers.
- Monitoring System Metrics and logs for any problems.
- Running Cron-tab to back up data.
- Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
- Using java JDBC to load data into MYSQL.
- Creating and managing Logical volumes.
- Installing and updating packages using YUM
Environment: AIX, Linux, Windows 2000 server