- Established Computer science blog to explain important development concepts
- Worked with developing backend and frontend code for analytics of major healthcare systems using the Spring Framework. (Spring Batch, Spring MVC, and Spring Boot)
- Worked with retrieving and sending healthcare data to the client based on their customizable configurations.
- Worked with transforming healthcare data from MySQL and HBase to a format specified by the client.
- Ensured to develop code that was highly scalable to handle a large amount of data using Big Data. (Hadoop, map-reduce, HBase, Apache Kafka, Apache Hive, Apache Spark)
- Used Confidential (Test Driven Development) to develop high quality and well-tested code.
- Used In-depth code analysis that authenticated that software defects were actual problems.
- Work with back end and front end development for Transit mobile application for Confidential .
- Build restful web services with several URL paths and URL parameters in order to navigation through a mobile application successfully.
- Served as a JAVA developer at Confidential Broadcasting System. Worked mainly with sports data from various sports
- Work with back-end development in JAVA/J2EE for Bleacher Report Website. http://bleacherreport.com/.
- Help develop a monitoring system for various sports that sent alerts for error in data transformation.
- Developed code solutions to make sure the Major League Baseball feed was transformed correctly for Bleacher Report
- Worked extensively with JAVA and a JAVA styled language for the development/testing of applications for Confidential .
- Developed complex SQL, UNIX scripts to obtain information from Oracle databases.
- Developed List Organizer Application for Android using JAVA.
- Created coding problems and coding solution document for List Organizer Android application. (For backtracking common coding problems with Android)
- Experience using GitHub for Android List Organizer Project in JAVA and Computer Store program in C#. Computer Store program has login serialization and validation.
Professional Skills: Software Programming, Software Testing, Web Development(REST and SOAP), Web Services(REST and SOAP), Database Design, Technical Writing, Big Data, and Android Development
Systems: Oracle, Subversion, Microsoft Windows 95/98/XP/Vista/7/10, Linux, and Unix
Software: IntelliJ, Eclipse, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008/2010/2013 , NetBeans, Adobe Dreamweaver, Microsoft Visio 2016, HP Quality Center, HP QC/ALM, Rally, Jenkins, and JIRA
Frameworks:: Spring Data, Spring Batch, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Hadoop, Hibernate, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Mockito, JUnit, and Angular
- Work primarily with Java to develop code that was used for analytics for major health care system. (Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Molina, etc.)
- Used Spring Batch to help develop code that retrieved data from MYSQL and HBase to transform healthcare data into flat files and store into HBase.
- Worked with sending healthcare data to the client based on their customizable configurations and the specific transformation format requested by the client.
- Used Spring Boot for modifying an application that transferred files from one server(source) to another server(sink) based on customer configurations.
- Developed code that made sure their analytical software was customizable by specifying what data the customer needed, where the data needs to be sent, and what protocol is needed to be used.
- Used unit tests and integration tests while developing and maintaining code.
- Learned to use Mockito to mock REST calls for unit testing the transformation of healthcare data.
- Practice Confidential (Test Driven Development) to ensure the high quality written code.
- Adhere to the best coding and naming convention.
- Used SonarLint to ensure clean and neatly written code.
- Added descriptive comments in order to ensure that any developer understands what code was written.
- Peer-reviewed other developer’s code, pointing out bugs and best coding standards.
- Worked with developing SOAP web service client to send healthcare data directly to the EMR systems.
- Ensured to develop code that was highly scalable to handle a large amount of data using Big Data. (Hadoop, map-reduce, HBase, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark)
- Worked with back-end and front-end development for a transit mobile application for Confidential .
- Was on the web services java development team and was a full stack developer.
- Developed and maintained code for design, coding, testing, and maintenance to ensure code was successfully in all phases.
- Build and updated restful web services with several URL paths and parameters in order to navigation through a mobile application called RouteShout.
- Build schedule timetable within the mobile application in order for riders to see the timetables for routes, trip, and stops inside the mobile application.
- Website for transit mobile application is located at m.routeshout.com
- Work with a mobile application called RouteShout that is used by various transit agencies. This application helps transit rider find stops, routes, and trips to make sure traveling is much easier.
- Also, work with other applications that were used by transit agencies such as a web portal to display the current transit routes for today.
- Reviewed frontend design with management.
- Designed and built frontend of the web application to be clean and readable on mobile devices.
- Created Login and Notification system for several Mobile applications within Confidential .
- This was a 3-month contract position to helped with NCAA March Madness
- Work with back-end development in JAVA for Bleacher Report Website.
- Worked mainly with sports data from various sports.. http://bleacherreport.com/
- Obtain and translated various sports data from Oracle database.
- Helped make sure sports data was transformed correctly to JSON for the BleacherReport website.
- Help develop a monitoring system for various sports.that sent alerts for error in data transformation or from the business requirement.
- Experience with sending and receive JMS messages between different application components.
- Developed code to make sure the Major League Baseball feed was transformed correctly for BleacherReport
- Fixed critical bugs that had a large impact on the BleacherReport Website.
- Brought up development issues to manager and proposed solution to these issues.
- Helped with Requirement Analysis from clients including BleacherReport.
- Explained complicated developments solutions to in a very understandable way to Bleacher Report.
- Served as backup Sr. Developer for Bleacher Report Project when the senior developer was on vacation.
- Experience using Agile and Scrum methodologies through Confidential
- Worked with Maven, Git, and Apache ActiveMQ.
- Experience using Chef and Bamboo to install and deploy the application.
- Learned very complexed concepts from senior developers and architects. Such as threading, Java 8, Spring Framework, and Hibernate framework
- Reviewed code from Sr. Developer. Reported issues with the code and possible solutions.
- Adhere to coding convention standards to ensure code was clean, commented, and maintainable
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
- Served as a Java developer/tester for Verizon’s Rating and Billing software.
- Used developer skills to help identify problems with coding and design possible solutions.
- Worked with data translation software that translates data from one format to another format.
- Worked with Java-like JMS system for data mediation.
- Worked on projects dealing with data mediation throughout various systems.
- Worked extensively with JAVA and a JAVA styled language for Verizon Billing systems.
- Worked with a large set of XML Data files that was used for Verizon Billing software.
- Developed complex SQL and PERL scripts to obtain information from Oracle databases.
- Attained good experience working with UNIX through Verizon Billing software.
- Created extensive unit test cases for checking specific areas of coding.
- Read and analyzed complex business documents with contained detailed business requirements.
- Served as backup lead when lead was on vacations. I managed several developers/testers containing various levels of experience during these times.
- Checked specific code scenarios to ensure that they met the correct business requirements.
- Used In-depth code analysis to authenticate that software defects were actual problems.
- Helped train remote resources utilizing screen sharing.
- Worked with HP Quality Center and ALM.
- Worked with Developers, Business analysts, and testers to ensure the quality of the software.
- Gained overall telecom knowledge from working with Verizon billing systems.
- Attained expertise in rating and billing services related to 3G and 4G technologies including Data, MSG, VCE, GSM, CDMA, VOIP, and 4G LTE.
- Continued to develop Android applications in JAVA.
- Obtained ICP Agile Certification through Verizon.
Environment: Java, XML, SQL, PERL, UNIX, ALM, 3G, 4G
Confidential, Carrollton, GA
- Succeeded in classes including Computer Science I and II, Software Engineering I and II, Data Structures I and II, Computer Capstone, Advanced XML, System and Networking I and II, Mobile Application Development, Information Management.
- Used various data structures and OOP concepts using Java in CS I and CS II.
- Learned how to develop software and learned the SDLC in Software Engineer I and II in C#.
- Developed networking scripts using virtual machines for Linux and Windows in Software Networking I and II.
- Worked with SQL Databases using MySQL and C# (ODBC) for Information Management.
- Developed web related projects using XML, XML Schema, XSLT, XPath in Advanced XML.
- Used the Windows Phone Emulator to develop various projects in Mobile Application Development using C#.
- Completed projects in C# including E-book Reader, Weather Widget.
- Completed projects using Java including HTML Scraper using Regular Expressions, Log Collector, SpellChecker.
- Learned how to use NUnit and JUnit for internal testing of computer software.
- Developed sharp problem-solving skills while learning to develop software.
- Learned how to write clean, collective, and commented code.
Environment: Java, Linux, SDLC, C#, Windows, SQL, MySQL, XML, XML Schema, XSLT, XPath, HTML, NUnit, JUnit
Confidential, Lithonia, GA
Web Design Instructor
- Instructed high school students on how to use HTML to design web pages.
- Offered lessons on adding images, text, links, video, and sound as part of web design.
- Taught how to manually code in HTML before students used the software.(Dreamweaver)