- 9 years of expertise in design, development and implementation of enterprise applications using java and J2EE technology.
- Good understanding and experience in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience in different software development methodologies like Agile and Waterfall.
- Strong Experience in Developing User Interface using HTML, DHTML, XHTML, CSS, AJAX and Java Script.
- Diverse experience utilizing tools in Microservices architecture applications using Spring Boot, Kafka, Zookeeper, jboss RESTeasy, Spring Rest Template, Hystrix, Swagger.
- Expertise in developing applications based on MVC design pattern - using frameworks such as Struts, Spring MVC and Tiles.
- Expertise in implementing Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) using both SOAP and REST based Web Services.
- Experience with Java technologies including: Java Collections, Interfaces, Synchronization, Serialization, IO, Exception Handling, Multi-Threading, Java Beans, Web Services SOAP, REST API, WSDL.
- Experience with Spring framework including configuring Spring Application Context with Dependency Injection, Spring IOC (Inversion of Control), Spring AOP (Aspect-oriented Programming), Spring MVC, Spring Security, Spring JPA and Spring Batch.
- Involved in Enterprise application by using Design patterns like MVC, Singleton pattern, DAO, Factory.
- Good knowledge on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon Cloud Services like EC2, ELB, S3, EBS and ROUTE 53.
- Experience using Java Messaging Services (JMS) concepts and implementing Message Driven Beans (MDB) for asynchronous processing.
- Experience in working with version control systems like Rational Clearcase, Subversion, CVS and Git.
- Strong working experience in development, deployment & implementation of enterprise applications and web components using Tomcat, IBM WebSphere, and JBoss application servers.
- Extensive experience with various testing frameworks such as Junit, JMock, EasyMock, TestNg, WireMock, Postman, Mockito.
- Experience with Message Oriented Model MOM style architecture with integrating Applications with ActiveMQ and JMS.
- Strong knowledge of databases such as Oracle 10g/9i/8i, DB2 and MySQL
- Working experience of Relational DBMS like Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, DB2 for performing SQL and PL/SQL programming and NoSQL DB like MongoDB, Cassandra.
- Ability to work individually as well as work as a part of the team.
- Experience in working with small and large groups and successful in meeting new technical challenges and finding solutions to meet the needs of the customer.
- Motivated team player with ability to work under minimal supervision possessing strong analytical, problem solving and communicational skills.
Programming Languages: Java, Scala
Java Technologies & frameworks: J2EE, Spring Boot, Spring 2.5/3.x, Struts 1.1/1.2, Web Services (SOAP, WSDL, REST API), Play Framework, JSP, EJB 3, JDBC, JMS, Hibernate 3.x, Kafka 0.11.0.2, Hystrix, JPA 1.x, Junit 5, EasyMock 2.0, Mockito 1.8.x, Swagger 2.1.1, Github, JSON, TestNG 6.9.6, Wiremock 2.10.1, Postman 5.4.1, Jersey 1.17, SOAP, REST
AWS Skills (EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, IAM, ELB, CLI, GIT, DNS, Route53):
Web/App Servers: JBoss 4.x/5.x, IBM Web Sphere 6.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/6.x
Version Control: CVS, SVN, Git
Design Tools/IDE(s)/Development Tools: Eclipse for Scala, Eclipse 3.x, MyEclipse 6.x/7.x/8.x, IBM RAD, SoapUI 4.5, TOAD, WinSql, Postman, websequencediagrams, draw.io
Operating Environments: Linux, Unix, Mac OS, Windows
Build tools: Maven, ant, Jenkins
Database / Application design: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, DB2, OOAD, Design Patterns, My SQL, NoSQL (Mongo DB, Cassandra)
Confidential, Silicon Valley, CA
Java Developer III
- Involved in developing end-to-end Microservices using Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring core, Spring AOP, Hibernate.
- Developed and maintained REST web service clients utilizing Resteasy API, Spring, Threadlocal, Jackson JSON Parser, JAXB annotations.
- Used Swagger Annotations and Swagger configuration to generate Rest API documentation.
- Used Spring Core Annotations for Dependency Injection, Spring AOP for transaction handling.
- User Spring boot security module, OAuth2 and Basic authentication to make application secured.
- Used Apache Kafka and Apache Zookeeper, designed and developed Kafka producers and consumers for async processing between micro services.
- Design roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM).
- Provided support for AWS EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, Route53, Auto scaling groups and optimizing volumes.
- Responsible for using AWS Console and CLI for deploying and operating AWS services.
- Implemented retry logic on any subscription failures with downstream applications using Kafka messaging.
- Worked with NoSQL Cassandra to store, retrieve, and update and manage all the user and account details.
- Used MAVEN for project management and build automation and Continuous Integration is done using Jenkins.
- Developed Hystrix circuit breakers to stop cascading failures in our applications for any constant downstream application failures.
- Used Postman, curl, tcpflow for testing Rest APIs and monitor the traffic flow.
- Developed and configured logstash, kibana and Elastic search for application logging purpose.
- Developed unit test cases using Spring Junit runner, Junit, Mockito, Wiremock.
- Developed Integration test cases using TestNG, Rest assured, Mockito.
- Used GIT for version control across common source code used by developers and for branching and merging of source code management.
- Implemented ActiveMQ producer using Spring JMS.
- Involved in all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle SDLC including analysis designing coding testing and deployment of the application.
- Involved in requirements discussions story board preparation estimation daily Scrum meetings, code reviews and retrospective meetings as part of Agile methodology.
- Documented most of the services using sequence diagrams, flow charts and class diagrams with the help of draw.io and websequencediagrams.
- Bi-weekly sprints using agile development methodologies.
- Received Watchable-ThankYou award in Oct’17 for providing technical design and solution for a business issue.
Environment: Java 1.8, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring core, Spring AOP, RestTemplate, SOAP clients, Resteasy, Kafka 0.11.0.2, Hystrix, Log4J, Maven, Swagger 2.1.1, Github, junit 5, TestNG 6.9.6, Wiremock 2.10.1, Postman 5.4.1,Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, Jackson API, JAXB, Mutlithreading, RestAssured.
Confidential, Dallas/Fort Worth - TX
Senior Java Developer
- Develop application flow as per business requirement using Spring MVC, REST web services, Hibernate.
- Involved in designing and development of the application.
- Created UML diagrams (use case, class, sequence, and collaboration) based on the business requirements.
- Implemented the application based on Model View Controller (MVC) design pattern using Spring MVC features.
- Involved in developing framework to make Action classes as asynchronous by implementing polling logic on UI and multithreading on backend.
- Used various features of spring framework provides like dependency injection, integration with Hibernate for persistence and CXF for web services.
- Designed WSDL, Schemas and Produced services, which bind a policy from quote data and also a service which provides vehicle information.
- Developed a REST web service to perform CRUD operations on the database for internal web application.
- Worked extensively on Soap UI for mocking the back-end web service calls.
- Used Hibernate framework for persistence to Oracle database.
- Used Maven to pull required jars from maven repository by writing pom.xml during deployment to various tiers.
- Worked on code coverage and performance bench marking common services using jmeter.
- Used Maven plugin for generating jar files and used them to build workspace and for generating stubs from the WSDL for consuming web-service.
- Used SQL developer for interaction with different databases and tables in each environment.
- Develop and deploy the application to Jboss server 4.3.
- Write Unit, Mock test cases for unit testing the task once the development is completed to a particular task.
Environment: Java 1.6, Spring MVC, JSP, jQuery 1.6, Ajax, Spring 3.0.7, Web Services, REST, WSDL, XSD, CXF 2.0.5, Jersey 1.17, Hibernate 3.5.6, LDAP, Log4J, Maven, Ant, junit 4, jmeter, Mockito, Jboss 4.3, Oracle 10g, SOAPUI 4.5.
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Study and analysis of business and functional requirements.
- Extensive usage of J2EE design patterns namely Adapter, Factory.
- Used Spring Framework extensively across the application for implementing business logic.
- Extensively used Spring framework features like Dependency Injection, AOP, ProperyPlaceHolders and CXF plugin for web services.
- Involved in design of various SOAP based services used for performing tasks on the data hub.
- Involved in designing WSDL and XSD’s for services.
- Developed MDB to listen to queues and trigger the respective functionalities based on the message received.
- Used Hibernate plugin with spring for persistence and AOP for transaction management.
- Code is tested using jUnit and used EasyMock framework for mock testing
- Used Maven for dependency management, plugins for building war, generating client stubs and deploying the application across various environments.
- Deployed application on JBoss application server.
- Provided extensive pre-delivery support using Bug Fixing and Code Reviews.
- Used and configured Jenkins for continuous integration on to various environments.
- Coordinated with offshore team
- Used various tools as part of development like SOAPUI, Hermes, MyEclipse and winsql.
Environment: Web Services, SOAP, XSD, CXF 2.0.5, JAXB, MDB, JMS, Spring 2.5, Spring AOP, Hibernate 3.2, CVS, JBoss 4.0, Maven, JUnit 4,EasyMock 2.0, Log4j, Oracle 10g, SOAPUI 1.7.5, Hermes, MyEclipse 6.x, WinSql.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Involved in the design of the application.
- Created UML diagrams (use case, class, sequence) based on the business requirements.
- Involved in designing and developing the integration between two modules the agent facing and profile.
- Involved in designing XSD’s for messages and generated stubs for the same using ant scripts.
- Used JAXB to marshall and unmarshall xml to java and vice versa.
- Developed Message Listeners to listen to the queue and process the incoming message.
- Monitored MQseries message broker for queue configuration and load.
- Used JPA for persisting data to Oracle database.
- Implemented SQL queries to retrieve and update custom data from the databases.
- Configuration and deployment of the web application using Web sphere Application Server.
- Wrote Junit to test the code.
- Used Rational Clear Case for version control and source code management.
- Used Rational Clear Quest for tracking errors and bugs in the project source code.
- Used tools like Eclipse, TOAD.
- Prepared technical reports and documentation manuals during the program development.
Environment: Java1.5, JSP, Struts Framework 1.2, Tiles 1.x, EJB 3, JMS, JPA 1.x, JUnit 3, SQL, WAS 6.x, Clear Case 6.x, Clear Quest, Eclipse 3.x.