- Over 8+ Years of extensive experience as a multi - tier Web based client server application developer with solid understanding of database designing, development and installation of different modules.
- Strong experience developing J2EE applications, Enterprise Applications using Java, J2EE, Spring Framework, hibernate, PL/SQL, Web Services (SOAP and RESTFUL), Microservices, Play, Akka and Junit Testing.
- Experience working in Spring Frameworks includes Spring MVC, Spring cloud, Spring Security, Spring IOC, Spring boot.
- Implemented various Design Patterns like Model View Controller (MVC), Data Transfer Object (DTO), Data Access Object (DAO), Singleton, Factory, Transfer Object, Session Façade and Business Delegate.
- Expertise in all phases of System Development Life Cycle Process (SDLC), Agile Software Development, Scrum Methodology and Test- Driven Development.
- Strong Experience in database design using PL/SQL to write Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers and strong experience in writing complex queries, using Oracle 11g, DB2, SQL Server and MySQL.
- Experience in using Version Control Tools GitHub, SVN, Atlassian Stash and CVS.
- Worked with Web Application Servers IBM WebSphere, Oracle WebLogic, Apache Tomcat.
- Used Java Messaging Services (JMS) and WebSphere MQ for reliable and asynchronous exchange of important information such as payment status report.
- Good experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment and good knowledge of AWS services like Elastic Compute Cloud(EC2), Elastic Load-balancers, Elastic Container Service (Docker Containers), S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Elastic Filesystem, RDS, DMS, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, IAM.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Working directly with Amazon Web Services engineers to ensure that customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with ability to communicate as well.
- Good ability to quickly grasp and master new concepts and technologies and a self-starter with the ability to think outside the box to come up with innovative ideas.
Programming Languages: Java, J2EE, PL/SQL, Spring, Hibernate, UNIX Shell, Node JS
Web Services/ Testing: REST and SOAP Web Services, AWS, Junit, Slf4j-log4j
Familiar IDE: NetBeans, Eclipse, SQL Developer, IBM Data Studio
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, DB2, MongoDB
Repositories: SVN, CVS, GitHub, Stash
Project Management Software: Atlassian JIRA, Version One
Application Servers: Oracle WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, Tomcat and JBoss.
Build Tool/ Servers: Ant, Microservices, spring boot, Maven, Jenkins
Messaging: JMS, WebSphere MQ and Apache Active
Full Stack Java Developer
Confidential, Woodland Hills, CA
- Actively participated in various Agile SCRUM ceremonies to produce quality deliverables within time.
- Used Oracle Database to interact with the persistence layer using Hibernate with Spring
- Used Pl/SQL to manipulate and retrieve the data from Web Service to in corporate Business Logic and save the data to Oracle database.
- Developed User Interface screens using Angular JS to display company ratings and to edit ratings.
- Developed and consumed Spring based Restful Services for Country Rating and Approved Ratings module.
- Implemented the Data Access layer using Spring JPA with Hibernate and using HQL.
- Developed User Profile Module Integration as a Micro Service using Spring cloud.
- Implemented Spring Cloud Config Server, Routing and Filtering to Microservices using Netflix Zuul.
- Contributed for migrating existing module into REST based Microservices and provide all the CRUD operations required using Spring Boot.
- Implemented Netflix-Eureka from Spring Cloud for dynamic Microservices registry and discovery
- Used MongoDB for storing the user profiles data.
- Written JUnit Test cases to perform unit testing and to improve code coverage.
- Used GIT for source code version control system and Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
Sr. Full Stack/ Java Developer
Confidential, Tinton Falls, NJ
- Reengineered the existing legacy application into a web based application using the latest web technologies.
- Analyzed requirements with the business team, and involved in design, development and testing of the application.
- DevelopedJ2EE web application using the Java 7, multi-threading, Spring MVC 4.1.0, spring-jdbc and implemented caching in the application using IBM dynacache.
- Developed Spring REST web services to serve multiple applications across the organization. The data is provided in json and used Jackson library. Also, consumed REST web services.
- Developed User Profile Module Integration as a Micro Service using Spring Boot.
- Implemented User Interface and integrated with backend code, Node.JS as server-side technology for the feedback system.
- Build REST web service by building Node JS Server in the back-end to handle requests sent from the front-end JQUERY, AJAX via JSON.
- Implemented a metrics collection mechanism for the server by utilizing Apache Kafka to stream server-side events
- Build servers using AWS which includes importing necessary volumes, launching the EC2 instance, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers, Route 53 and SNS as per the architecture.
- Captured Amazon Machine Images (AMI's) of EC2 Instance for snapshots and creating clone's instances for their application elsewhere.
- Good experience of AWS Elastic Block Storage (EBS), different volume types and use of various types of EBS volumes based on requirement.
- Constructed S3 lifecycle of Applications & Database logs, which includes deleting old logs, archiving logs based on the retention policy and granting rights to authorized users.
- Used Amazon S3 for database backup regularly and save snapshots of data.
- Used WebSphere MQ (Message Queues) for reliable and asynchronous exchange of important information between multiple business applications.
- Created complex scheduler tasks/jobs using Quartz Scheduler library. Developed custom exception handling mechanism to handle errors/exceptions.
- Developed JUnit test cases to unit test the business logic. Supporting System Test and User Acceptance Test.
- Used Apache Maven build tool to automate the build process and Jenkins CI for continuous integration.
- Followed Agile Software Development Methodology and Test-Driven Development (TDD) to build the application iteratively and incrementally. Participated in scrum related activities and Daily Scrum Meetings.
- Performed Design review and Code review for well-known performance practices for better performance and code maintainability.
Environment: Spring 4.1, Java 1.7, Spring JDBC, IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.5, Unix/Linux, Junit 2.5, CSS Framework Bootstrap, HTML5, DB2 9.2, JIRA, Play, Akka, Atlassian Stash, Jenkins CI 1.5, Slf4j-log4j, IBM dynacache and Apache Kafka, WebSphere MQ.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Analyzed business requirements, participated in technical design, development and testing of various modules assigned.
- Followed the overall application MVVM architecture to create MVC layers in Angular JS and Node JS layers.
- Designed and implemented CRUD (create, read, update and delete) operations of MongoDB database management system and handled database access and data transmission based on RESTful web service.
- Developed page layouts, Navigations and presented designs & concepts to the clients and management review.
- Developed a Single Page Application (SPA) for client managers to keep a track of the flow of inventory between various departments.
- Used various features from AngularJS like data binding, routing, custom filters and directives to meet various customized requirements.
- Maintained cross browser compatibility using libraries like JQuery and achieved responsiveness using Bootstrap CSS.
- Worked with Agile software lifecycle methodologies. Create design documents when and as required.
- Enhancement of existing application utilizing JSP, Created HTML navigation menu that is role based menu items changes dynamically, derived from the database in the form of XML.
- Extensively worked with making calls to APIs to fetch the data from the backend as JSON response and parse it on the UI for DOM/CSS Manipulation.
- Co-ordinate with QA for testing, Production releases, Application deployment and integration.
- Provided production level code to the engineering team for product development, including cross-browser support, CSS optimization, and ADA compliance support.
Java/ J2EE Developer
Confidential, Toledo, OH
- Involved in designing, developing and testing of J2EE components like Java Beans, Java, XML, Collection Framework, JSP, spring and Hibernate, Perl scripting.
- Used Spring/MVC framework to enable the interactions between JSP/View layer and implemented different design patterns with J2EE and XML technology.
- Involved in handling transactions using Spring Declarative Transaction management.
- Implemented Caching mechanism using Spring Gem Fire Template.
- Implemented DAO layer using different hibernate techniques like strategies, Inheritance, annotations and criteria interfaces.
- Used SOA Integration service for Data Integration Service and Functional Integration Service.
- Designing new components to fit in the already existing architecture using core Java, multi-threading different design patterns like the factory method, Abstract factory pattern, Singleton. While developing web-based applications used REST Web Services.
- Developed the war/ear file using Ant script and deployed into Web Sphere Application Server.
- Developed specialized search system using Cassandra DB, AngularJS, Java Servlets, JUnit, Maven.
- Installed, configured and hosted the Oracle, Tomcat app servers and Cassandra DB servers on physical servers (Linux, Windows), and Amazon AWS virtual servers (Linux).
- Used cloud computing technologies Amazon EC2 and Amazon S3 web services for Cloud Drive, Cloud Search. Migrated corporate Linux servers from physical servers to AWS virtual servers.
- Used Cassandra AWR & ADDM to monitor database activities and performance tuning. Extensive Performance Tuning, Memory (SGA) Tuning, Configuration, maintenance and tuning of Cassandra DB
Environment: Java, Cassandra, Angular JS, AWS, Rest webservices, ExtJS, Spring MVC, XML, JSP, Hibernate
Java/ J2EE Developer
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Involve in installation and configuration of Web Logic Application Server on Windows XP systems for the application.
- Extensively used CVS for version control management.
- Used Spring Framework for developing the application. Implemented the persistence layer using Hibernate and configured Hibernate with Spring to interact with the Oracle Database from the DAO.
- Extensive use of maven to build and deploy the application into dev environment and QA environment and work with the front-end developers in displaying the data.
- Extensive use of Collection Framework features like Map, Object, List to retrieve the data from Web Service, manipulate the data to in corporate Business Logic and save the data to Oracle database.
- Used Multithreading to simultaneously process tables as and when a specific user data is completed in one table.
- Consume Web Services using java to retrieve the required information to be populated in the database.
- Use of SOAP UI to verify the WSDL.
- Wrote PL/SQL Stored Procedure using TOAD for archiving data for a monthly report and scheduled the job using DBMS Scheduler.
- Externalized Business Logic from code using database to store dynamic rules based on UI used by business and used these rules in the code to apply business logic to data.
- Used Agile methodology that included iterative application development, weekly Sprints and daily stand up meetings.
- Created number of scripting tasks to get different libraries which we have created for the logging and exceptional handling using C# in the IDE visual studio 2012.
Jr. Java/ J2EE Developer
- Involved in the business meetings to develop the application and make it work effectively for the important business segment of the client.
- Worked with Spring & Struts as an Integration Framework to Design & Develop the whole Application.
- Used Hibernate extensively to interact with Oracle 11g Database.
- Involved in installation and configuration of Web Logic Application Server on Windows XP and Unix/Linux systems for the application.
- Worked with JMS Connection Pool and the implementation of messaging using Spring JMS and Message Queues.
- Developed JUnit test cases to unit test the business logic. Added constraints, indexes to the database design. Developed business objects and other based on the database tables.
- Wrote PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Views and Queries using SQL Developer for archiving data and monthly report and scheduled the job using Spring Scheduler.
- Apache Maven is used as Build tool to automate the build process for the entire application and Hudson for continuous integration.
- Responsible for coding, deploying applications according to the client approved specifications and requirements.
- Involved in maintenance of existing PERL application and wrote Perl scripts to enhance the application.
- Ensure that coding standards are maintained throughout the development process by all developers.
- Followed agile methodology that included iterative application development, weekly Sprints and daily stand up meetings.
Jr Java Developer
- Participated in the requirements analysis and technical assessments.
- Used spring framework and J2EE components to develop Action classes, backend processes, complex reports and database interaction, Configured and worked with Apache Tomcat Server.
- Designed and developed data persistence mechanism using Hibernate in Spring MVC applications.
- Created SQL’s from views and queries to interact with multiple systems for data.
- Developed a robust administration and security system for access control and restrictions at application and user level.
- Developed PL/SQL stored procedures to retrieve data.
- Developed JUnit test cases to unit test the business logic and involved in testing the application in the integration environment.
- Involved in project documentation, status reporting and presentation.
- Implemented Log4J for the debug and error logging purpose.