15+ years of personal experience with software programming and designing program architecture. Developed multiple software applications without any outside guidance. Personal focus on reframing problems to solve them in the most efficient way. Strong ability to logically diagnose and fix problems. Passionate about sharing knowledge to help improve project and mentor co - workers.
Tools: G++, GCC, make, cmake, idle, Linux terminal, bash scripts, autotools, Cygwin, Eclipse IDE, NetBeans, IDE, ADT, Tomcat, Firefox, Chrome, Neko, Meteor, Mongo, Visual Studio ( )
Operating Systems: Ubuntu, Mint, Red Hat, other Linux distros, Confidential, Win 7, Win Vista, WinXPiOS, Android
Platform/CPU: Intel x86, VMware, Virtual Box
Knowledge: Game design. Signal processing theory and applications, esp. related to sound. Fourier transforms and high-level calculus. Trigonometry. Applications of probablity and statistics. Porting code between Windows and Linux. NoSQL database querying.
Procedures: Linux installation and administration, Tomcat configuration, Building RPMs
Framework/API: jQuery, Handlebars, Confidential, Ruby on Rails, AJAX, HTTP, SHMEM, TCP, XWindowsJSP, Crosswalk
- Implemented Python API for Confidential Black Pearl SDK. Wrote unit tests for Python SDK.
- Contributed to C and C++ APIs for Confidential Black Pearl SDK.
- Wrote unit tests for C SDK.
- Converted SDK build systems from Unix specific Autotools to a system independent cmake build system.
- Diagnosed and fixed errors in HTTP messages sent by SDK.
Environment: Python, C, C++, cmake, Windows, Linux
- Designed and coded 2 high visibility car related games for use as “ Confidential ” and technology demos at trade shows.
- Designed user interface for and coded a custom asset tracking (inventory management) system use by Confidential to track all equipment and assets.
- Wrote Linux scripts to automate installation of Confidential applications that improve process from ~3-5 minutes to 5-10 seconds.
- Diagnosed and reported bugs in Confidential operating system as they were encountered.
- Tested existing HTML5 applications, documented bugs and fixed them.
- Wrote framework allowing simple use of Flash Confidential .
- Wrote code simulating and simplifying physics interaction to allow quick and simple game development.
- Utilized Haxe programming language to allow cross-platform development of games, created ports of base code in multiple other languages.
Environment: Haxe, Flash (Actionscript), C++, HTML5, Linux, Windows, iOS, Android, Neko, Chrome, Firefox.
- Designed and wrote code to share various resources between collaborators on an application.
- Designed client and server architecture.
- Wrote code to share text and images between running applications in real-time.
- Designed custom GUI interface from scratch using X Windows.
Environment: C++, bash scripts, Linux, Make, G++, HTTP, SHMEM, TCP sockets, Xwindows.
- Designed and wrote code for C++ IDE. Wrote code to parse and analyze C++ code.
- Wrote custom GUI interface for X Windows to display results of parsing.
- Wrote automated build tools for C++ code accessible from within application.
- Wrote multi-threaded code to separate tasks of displaying, parsing and building code.
- Wrote custom file navigator for UNIX systems.
- Designed modular code to enable parsing of multiple languages.
- Built to interface with Confidential .
Environment: C++, bash scripts, Linux, Make, GCC, HTTP, SHMEM, TCP sockets, Xwindows.
- Wrote code for utilizing architecture of Android operating system.
- Wrote code that accesses and plays media files on the phone.
- Wrote custom GUI interfaces for applications developed on Android.
Environment: Android, ADT, Java, Eclipse, Linux.
- Wrote C++ code for Confidential audio interface API (signal processing).
- Create audio synthesizers and special effects responding to virtual Confidential keyboards using signal processing code.
- Read and write audio and Confidential data streams using C++.
- Planned coordinated data flow between multiple multitasking applications.
Environment: Eclipse, Linux, Confidential, ALSA, C++, XWindows.