- 8+ years of experience in IT industry in various roles as DevOps, Build and Release engineer, Configuration manager with excellent experience in Software Integration, Configuration, packaging, building, automating, managing and releasing code from one environment to other environment and deploying to servers.
- Expertise in build automation tools like Jenkins/Hudson
- Experience in building, packaging and installation of apps developed in Java or .Net platforms.
- Experience in Deploying to and administering in the use of JBOSS, tomcat and apache web server, Web - Logic, Web-Sphere, SVN, VSS
- Proficient in Linux and windows environments.
- Experience in writing maven pom.xml and build.xml for build scripts
- Working knowledge of Build scripts & automated solutions using various scripting languages like Shell, Perl, Python and Bash
- Knowledge of source code repository administration along with build tools like GIT, SVN.
- Experience in maintaining the Branches of the project in Team Foundation Server (TFS) by merging the modules and labelling the activities once deployment is done.
- Good experience in deployment tools like Chef and Nolio .
- Exposure in creating cookbooks to deploy tomcat and Java applications using Chef.
- Good knowledge in designing deployment flows using Nolio to achieve Zero touch deployments.
- Experience in using Tomcat and Apache web servers.
- Solid experience in Installing/Configuring/Administering other J2EEApplication servers like Oracle Weblogic, Jboss
- Extensively working on Server Configuration, Deployment of components and performance tuning including troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Creation of SSL and Digital Certificates for requesting, generating and implementation for the communication between clients and web servers.
- Experience in troubleshooting/debugging applications and Infrastructure components in a large enterprise on JBoss and Error Log file analysis for troubleshooting to resolve issues using scripts and involvement with deployment teams in trouble shooting and fixing day-to-day problems of the applications in production.
- Solid background in analysis, design, development and implementation of business, internet/intranet systems and Client/Server applications within a broad range of programming environments
- Expertise in trouble shooting builds in multiple environments like visual studio.
- Deploying applications in Domain and clustered environments.
- Experience in system administration.
- Experience in Project Design using UML and Visio.
- Experience in build storage tools Nexus.
- Have a good understanding of how to embed Flash in Java, HTML.
- Track and resolve tickets opened against the Qualys build, test & release tools Design, implement and maintain build automation scripts, tools and processes.
- Design, implement and maintain operation test scripts and tools for monitoring production systems and data mining.
- Ability to work well in a team environment & independently while tackling complex problems.
CI tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Team City, Bamboo
SDLC: Agile, Scrum Methodologies, Waterfall
Configuration Management Tool: Chef, Puppet and Nolio
Web/Integration Servers: WebLogic/JBoss, IBM Web sphere, Apache Server TomCat.
Scripting: Perl, Bash Shell, Python
Version Controls: SVN, Git, TFS
Modeling Tools: UML, Microsoft Visio (Data Base Designer)IBM Eclipse, Jbuilder Ent, WebLogic/JBoss Builder.
Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle 10G
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008, 2012. Sun Solaris 8.x,Linux, HP Unix
FileNet Servers: Workflow Server, Web Server, Image Server, Content Server & MQWorkflow.
Confidential- Alpharetta, GA
- As a Release Engineer, handled different development teams and a number of simultaneous software releases.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Taken an interest in week after week release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Tortoise SVN and GIT.
- Setup continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deploying with zero touch.
- Deployed web applications using Chef by developing the cookbook to meet the project requirements.
- Provided end-users training for all Tortoise SVN, Clear Quest users to effectively use the tool.
- Managed and improved branching and other source code strategies in SVN/GIT, establish process control points and configuration to support needs of the development team.
- Improved build process and developed automation leading up to a continuous integration system for all of WWDR applications.
- Implemented and improved process for release management, automated code deployment, configuration management, and monitoring.
- Automating the deployment of operating system and applications using (WININSTALL).
- Automating PC restoration, PC refresh, and OS migration using WININSTALL.
- Developing ANT, MAVEN and Shell scripts to automatically compile, package, deploy and test J2EE applications to a variety of Web Logic platforms.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Deploy and operate applications in amazon web service.
- Initial troubleshooting of build failures, coordinating resolution efforts and communicating with appropriate team members
- Storing the builds into tools like Nexus
- Created and maintained the Bash deployment scripts for Web Logic 11g web application server
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Handled documentation of the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between Projects.
- Used Jenkins as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
Environment: UNIX, Windows Web Logic 11g, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, XP, ANT, MAVEN, Tortoise SVN 1.6, 1.7, Clear Quest, Bash, Jenkins, Java/J2EE Oracle10g, 11g.
Confidential - Morrisville, NC
Release Ops Engineer
- Maintained detailed documentation of moderately complex system specifications, including system installation procedures, system backup, recovery techniques and system test methods.
- Worked on Maven to create artifacts from source code and deploy them in Nexus central repository for internal deployments.
- Configured Jenkins as a common build engine to build and deploy applications to DEV, QA, UAT and PROD environments.
- Worked closely with developers to pinpoint and provide early warnings of common build failures.
- Migrating personalities, files, and other user settings.
- Deploying packages to workstations in one of several efficient ways using (WININSTALL).
- Controlled Subversion (branch) access to successfully run parallel development and release.
- Used Shell scripts for build automations and deployments.
- Tracked backlogs and fixed bugs using JIRA.
- Integrated JIRA with subversion and configured with Jenkins to automate the entire Build and release process.
- Developed and implemented an agile SDLC and refinement of the Software Configuration Management (SCM) infrastructure.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Apache Tomcat. Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion functions for the project like merging, creating branches and tags using Tortoise SVN/ Visual SVN.
- Developed and executed zero touch deployment using Nolio flows.
- Managed application software codebase including branching, and versioning.
- Designed and implemented Subversion metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Kept track of all the releases and request of developers through Infrastructure management tool.
- Supported engineering plans and schedules by providing CM/Release Engineering services to build, deploy, develop scripts, oversee branch and merge strategies, and build automated tools as necessary.
Environment: Subversion, Maven, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, JIRA, MS Share point XML, UNIX/ LINUX, Fedora, Windows, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, Java/J2EE, Oracle10g, 11g.
Confidential - Menomonee Falls, WI
J2EE Operations Engineer
- Installation, configuration and administration of Web logic Server 10.3 on Dev, QA & Production Environments.
- Worked on Java/J2EE Coding for portal applications.
- Upgrading of WebLogic Server 9.2 to WebLogic Server 10.3 and JDK 1.4 to JDK 1.5.
- Configured and administered JDBC, JMS, and JNDI on WebLogic Server 10.3 and configuring JMS servers and various JMS resources like Connection factories, Topics/Queues and Distributed destinations and configuring connection pools and data sources for JDBC Connections.
- Deployed WAR, JAR and EAR applications on WebLogic Server.
- Worked on digital certificate installation and public key generation and worked with SSL installation.
- Handle Heap Memory issues, Server Hang, Deadlock, application level lock, database level lock by taking thread dump and analyze to get the root cause for the hang.
- Developed shell scripts (bash/korn) to automate application deployment, monitoring, logs rotation.
- Testing with different virtual operating systems by using VMware, Virtual Box.
- Performed systems administrative tasks to monitor performance/degradation of CPU, I/O and memory resources, daily backups and monitoring disk usage.
- Build and deploy enterprise-level applications in .NET, JAVA and SAP.
- Converted Visual Build projects to JENKINS projects for various platforms like .NET, Java, Web Services and FTP.
- Worked as a part of Build and integration team for Linux/Android projects.
Environment: Weblogic 10g/11g, Apache 2.2, Jboss 5.x, F5 load balancer, Subversion, Nexus, CVSJava/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, JIRA, Crucible, LINUX, XML, Apache Tomcat, Selenium, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts.
Build and Release Engineer
- Worked as a Build engineer and SharePoint administrator
- Setting up the environments on all the servers.
- Configured and maintained build activities using cruise control in different environments.
- Used Cruise control, NANT for automation of build activities.
- Worked on labeling activities in TFS once deployment is done.
- Maintaining Site Collections, Site Templates, Access Permissions, Forms, Database Backup.
- Worked with the teams to script & automate releasing new production components
- Maintained the SCM repositories, private clouds and engineering labs
- Analyzing and fixing the issues after deployment.
- Responsible for the deployment from Development environment to Production Environment.
- Maintained the branches of the project in Team Foundation Server (TFS) by merging the module developed with version in TFS.
- Installation and configuration of SharePoint on servers.
- Maintained all the environments to ensure everything is up and running properly after deployment.
- Responsible to maintain health check of the servers.
- Developed scripts for automatic Startup and Shutdown of Admin Server and Managed servers.
- Worked with the Performance Engineering team on extensive load testing in Pre-Prod environment.
- Troubleshoot WebLogic Server connection pooling and connection manager with Oracle, DB2.
- Profiling Java applications using JProbe to trouble shoot issue with application.
- Created Cronjob scripts for timely running jobs.
- Responsible for scheduled and emergency software changes, problem determination and implementation of corrective measures.
- Installed and configured Netegrity CA Siteminder for Apache web Server to enable SSO (single sign-on) in various applications for different environments.
- Deployed various EAR, JAR, and WAR applications in clustered environment using software configuration, management tools and scripts.
- Performance tuning of JVM heap size, garbage collections, java stack, Native thread, stuck thread and production performance of Web logic.
- Collected the approvals for deploying the code to production.
- Created different files and check sum files for production support.
- Involved in working with Web sphere app server admin console for deploying applications.
Environment: RHEL 4, Solaris, Weblogic 8.x/9.x, Apache Htpp server, Subversion, GIT, Shell ScriptsMAVEN, Web Sphere, JDK, UNIX, LINUX, Windows XP, Java/ J2EE.