- 10+ years of total IT work experience in analysis, design, development, implementation and maintenance of Java/J2EE based applications at system analyst, programmer levels, module leader and Team leader level.
- Sun Certified Java Professional - SCJP 1.4
- 10+ years of experience in Java, J2EE environment
- 10+ years of experience in developing JSPs, Servlets and Java beans
- 5+ years of experience in AJAX
- 5+ years of experience in Struts Framework
- 3+ years of experience in Spring Framework (Core, MVC, Webflow, JS, WS)
- 3+ years of experience in iBatis & Hibernate Frameworks
- 5+ years of experience in SOA & Web Services - SOAP, WSDL
- 3+ years of experience in Unix, Solaris
- 8+ years of experience in Oracle, Sybase, DB2 databases and stored procedures
- 8+ years of experience in SQL
- 5+ years of experience in DOJO, jQuery
- 8+ years of experience in prototyping and usability analysis
- 3+ years of experience in Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- 8+ years of experience using Microsoft Office, MS Visio
- 5+ years of experience in Rational products and UML
- 5+ years of experience in support activities and JIRA
- 4+ years of experience in Crystal Reports
- 4+ years of experience designing database schemas, ER diagrams
- 10+ years of experience in various IDEs - Eclipse, WSAD, RAD, Sun Studio etc.
- 10+ years of experience using different version controls - VSS, CVS, SVN
- Experienced in software development life cycle (SDLC), requirement analysis, functional testing, project documentation, development, implementation and maintenance of software applications using object-oriented N-tier architecture technologies.
- Experienced in various development methodologies - Waterfall, Iterative, Agile and SCRUM
- Strong experience in J2EE (Servlets, JSP, JDBC, JNDI, JAXP, JAXB, JMS)
- Worked extensively on web and app servers (Websphere, Weblogic, JBoss and Tomcat)
- Proficient with MVC and N-tier architectures
- Sound exposure to Design Patterns, Web Services, Struts & Spring
- Strong experience in designing & developing the front end of an application.
- Well versed with multiple location execution of projects.
- Excellent communicational, analytical & problem solving skills.
- Wide work experience in banking, finance, ecommerce and government domains.
Technologies: Java, J2EE
Languages: Java, XML, UML, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL
Java Technologies: Servlets, JSP, EJB, JDBC, JNDI, JMS, JAXP, JAXB
Frameworks: Struts 1.3, Spring 2.5.6, Hibernate, iBatis
Web / App Servers: Weblogic, Websphere, JBoss, Sun Appl Server 8, Tomcat
Databases: Oracle, Sybase, DB2, MS SQL, MySQL
IDE: Eclipse, WSAD, RAD, Java Studio Enterprise 8, NetBeans
Operating Systems: Windows Family, Unix, Solaris
Tools: /Others: Crystal Reports XI, Rational Rose, MS Visio, PL-SQL, TOAD, AQT, DBArtisan, SQL Developer, Harvest, JIRA, VSS, CVS, SVN
- Gathered requirements for new features from the Business and documented them.
- Involved in Redesigning project for the UK and Europe ecommerce Sites.
- Developed new POJO classes as part of the new redesigning project.
- Developed OfficeDepot’s WebSlice (IE specific).
- Involved in refactoring of code and new feature implementations.
- Followed up on assigned JIRAs and made sure they are completed on time.
- Created Import/Export from/to Excel features in GTools. This reduced efforts by saving a lot of productive time of the business users.
- Created Copy/Move feature for AdLists across various GTools sites.
- Written Oracle SQL queries and updated stored procedures as required.
- Involved in the Weekend Load Testing schedules.
Technical Environment:Java, J2EE (Servlets, JDBC, JSP), Struts 1.3, Spring 2.5.6, WebSphere App Server 6.1, RAD 7.5, Apache Tiles 2.0, Oracle 10g, SQL, PL/SQL, Log4j, XML, Ajax, JQuery, SVN, JIRA.Confidential
- Involved in all the phases of SDLC including Requirements gathering and analysis.
- Implemented the SCRUM development methodology in the project.
- Developed Web applications using spring Core, Spring Java Script, Spring MVC, Spring Web flow 2.0, Apache Tiles 2.0, iBatis, JSTL, spring tag libraries and DOJO.
- Performed dependency injection and configured spring beans for the recruitment and interest form modules
- Extensively worked on developing flows using Spring Webflow 2 and managed the flow of the applications.
- Also, migrated few old Spring Webflow 1.0 files to Spring Webflow 2.0
- Implemented and configured layouts for JSPS using Apache Tiles 2.0
- Implemented Action classes for the various flows.
- Developed DAO classes for CRUD operations to select, insert, update queries.
- Developed Service level code for DAOs and added Exception Translation for Exception handling.
- Developed Base Service class for providing access to iBatis templates.
- Configured data source’s, Dao’s and integrated with iBatis using Spring.
- Developed SQL-map configuration for IBatis.
- Converted Java Objects to JSON format using mappers.
- Performed both Client-side validations (using DOJO Widgets) and Server-side validations (using Validators).
- Performed Unit Testing for Services, DAOs and Web-flows by writing J-Unit test classes.
- Developed ad-hoc sql queries and populated the required iBatis SQL maps with the same.
- Used Ant to build and package the application.
- Used Tomcat 6.0 as the web server.
- Analysis and design of requirements and documented the same.
- Designed the architecture and framework for the application. Used the “Program to an Interface” approach in designing the system.
- Documented the architecture and came up with a framework diagram.
- Implemented the Struts 1.3 MVC architecture.
- Used the following Design Patterns in architecting the application - Singleton, Business Delegate, Service Locater, Data Access Object, and Transfer Object.
- Assigned the work to the team and followed up on the schedule.
- Implemented Log4j in the application and logged all the exceptions through it.
- Developed the Servlets, JSPs for the application.
- Integrated the system with the Revenue Dept’s Web Service for Payments.
- Created the Web Service End Points and their Implementation classes.
- Implemented JAX-RPC and called various Web Services using dynamic proxy and sent the Payment Data to the Web Services.
- Created Java Object representations of XML data (for Web Service) using the JAXB API.
- Processed the Web Service responses (via JAXB) and displayed the results to the user.
- Used the validate method of the Struts ActionForm class for all the application validations.
- Implemented the DispatchAction of Struts framework to in corporate multiple execute methods in the same Action class.
- Developed various Utility classes. Eg CalendarUtils, StringUtils etc.
- Developed various properties files for determining environments, SQL queries etc.
- Designed and developed the database schemas and brought database to 3rd Normal Form.
- Documented the database details - tables and their columns and their understanding.
- Wrote SQL queries, triggers.
- Integrated the application with Crystal Reports XI to generate reports.
- Designed and developed reports in Crystal Reports XI.
- Unit testing of the application.
Senior Developer / Production Support
- Provided support on a rotation basis to the users by attending to their issues, requests.
- Created queries in SQL and pulled data to create specific reports for the user.
- Created and updated stored procedures using DbArtisan.
- Interacted with the users and document any new or changed requirements.
- Analyzed and planned the efforts accordingly for any new or changed requirements.
- Prepared the release plan, release & rollback scripts.
- Coordinate with different teams (Japan, India, U.K & NY) to ensure smooth execution.
- Releasing the changes into different environments - QA, Stage, Production and testing the changes and rolled back the changes whenever we had issues.
- Prepared the Regression Test plan and carry out the regression testing as per the plan.
- Modified the Crystal Reports as per the standards and guidelines of Barclays Capital.
- Prepared custom reports as requested by the clients.
- Weekend support activities - oversee the weekly system shutdown and startup processes, weekend database archiving processes.
- Used VI editor for writing Shell Scripts, Perl Scripts in UNIX shell (K-Shell, C-Shell).
- Extracted and Loaded data from other databases into our database.
- Resolved bugs and Change requests in Java Swing application.
- Created jar/war files and deployed them to the Weblogic server in all environments.
- Monitored the system for any deadlocks or blocks in running of the batch files and acted swiftly to clear the blocks.
- Used SVN to check in all the files.
Technical Environment:J2SE 1.4, SWING, Solaris, Perl, Weblogic, Eclipse, Sybase, DbArtisan, Crystal Reports, SVNConfidential
Team Leader / Senior Java Developer
- Requirement analysis, design, coding and implementation, code review and testing
- Developed documentation (requirements, functional specification, and testing plans).
- Migrated of the front end to Spring Framework from a simple Java, JSP.
- Implemented internationalization (i18N) to support various languages.
- Implemented the Inversion of Control (IoC) in Spring Framework.
- Used iBatis SQL maps to insert the third party data into the database.
- Used the Agile methodology to develop the new front end with Spring Framework.
- Impact analysis of change requests.
- Participate in preparing change release plan.
- Develop and maintain critical modules in Java, JSP & Servlets.
- Responsible for Writing Stateless session beans in the service layer.
- Exposed methods using web services to allow the third party to communicate with us.
- Coordinate with different teams to ensure smooth execution of change requests.
- Release changes to QA, STAGE and provide support to Production release team.
- Allocate and track work among team members.
- Involved in Code and test case reviews.
Technical Environment:Java 1.4, J2EE - Servlets, JSP & JDBC, Spring Framework, Websphere, RAD, COBOL, DB2, AQT, WSDL, SOAP, iBatis, Log4j, HarvestConfidential
Senior Software Developer
- Requirement gathering and analysis at onsite in Denmark.
- Front end GUI Prototype development along with the clients at onsite.
- Involved in designing of modules using Rational Rose along with the offshore team.
- Involved in designing the database schema and ER diagrams.
- Normalized the database and brought it to 3 rd Normal Form.
- Ensuring smooth co-ordination between the offshore team and client.
- Developed critical modules in Java, JSP & Servlets using the Struts Framework.
- Implemented internationalization (i18N) to support different languages – English, Danish, German and Norwegian.
- Implemented the Tiles framework.
- Involved in code and test case reviews.
- Analysing & successfully implementing change/modify requests.
- Worked on VSS Configuration tool to check in and check out the code.
Analyst & Developer
- Prepared Use-Case & Activity diagrams for various modules in Rational Rose.
- Prepared Sequence & Collaboration diagrams for various modules in Rational Rose.
- Used the Iterative development methodology.
- Developed the J2EE application using MVC design pattern & Struts Framework.
- Developed the application using Java, Servlets and JSP.
- Used the JMS API to send & receive messages.
- Used JDBC to interact with the database layer of the application.
- Created the SQL queries using TOAD.
- Used Tiles and Validation frameworks in the application.
- Involved in Peer Code Reviews & Integration testing.
- Involved in the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and implementing Change Requests.
- Developed Unit Test Plan & Test Cases document.
Technical Environment:Java 1.4, Servlets, JSP, Struts, JMS, XML, Websphere, XRunner, SilkTest, QTP, Oracle 9i, Log4j, Rational Rose, TOAD, VSSConfidential
- Developed the front end GUI.
- Used the Waterfall development methodology (as the requirements were fixed).
- Written Action classes and developed JSPs.
- Developed SQL queries
- Test Case and Test Data preparation
- Unit Testing & Integration Testing
- Performance Tuning
- Involved in peer code reviews