- 13 yearsof extensive experience onthe analysis, design, application development, enhancements, production support and deployment of Java EE applications including project delivery management.
- Strong experience in design and development of various web and enterprise applications usingCore Java, Java EE, JDBC, JMS, JPA, Hibernate, Spring MVC, Web Services (Soap and Rest), DB2, MySQL, JBoss (WildFly), Web Sphere application server and Apache Tomcat on Unix/Linux and Windows environments.
- Expertise in developing and designing Responsive web design or UI screens usingAngular JS, HTML5, CSS3, XML, XSLT, Ajax, JQuery, Bootstrap, XSLT, Kendo UI etc.
- Experiencedin working as a full stack developer responsible for developing Web, Middle tier and Database components in a web application.
- Strong experience in using Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) like IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate, Eclipse, iRAD.
- Expertise in using code walk through tool ParasoftJTest and debugging tools Fiddler and Httpwatch.
- Proficient with Agile (Scrum), Waterfall and TDD Software development methodologies.
- Experienced in developing UML by using MS Visio to design the Object Model (Use Cases, ActivityDiagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Component Diagrams).
- Experienced in using application management tools JIRA, Rally, Confluence and Stash.
- Exceptional ability to quickly master new concepts and highly motivated self - starter with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills especially with regards to presenting findings to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Worked in Aviation, Manufacturing, Banking, Financialand Health Care domains.
Java: SE - Java 1.8 - Collections and Generics, Concurrency, Multithreading, Exception Handling, IO, Swing, Reflection, JDBC, i18N, JNDI. Java EE - Java EE 7 JSP 2.3, Servlets 3.1, JSTL 1.2, EJB 3.1, JMS 2.0, JPA 1.2, JTA, LDAP, Java Mail API, Web Services 1.3 (SOAP and Rest).
Web Technologies: Bootstrap, Angular JS, JQuery, Ajax, Java Script, XML, XSLT, HTML 5, CSS3, and JSON.
Frameworks: Spring Framework, Struts 1.x, Hibernate, Apache Lucene 5.2.1.
Design Skills: UML (MS Visio), Java Design patterns.
Application Servers: Jboss(WildFly 11), IBM WebSphere Application Server v8.x, Apache Tomcat v8.x.
IDE: IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate 2016.x and Eclipse Luna/Oxygen versions.
Source Control: CVS, Atlassian Stash, TortoiseCVS, SVN, Git, GitHub, Serena Dimensions.
Database and Tools: Oracle 11g, IBM DB2 UDB, MySQL, Apache Cassandra, DBVisualizer, Toad, AQT 6.1.6.
Operating Systems: MS Windows 10, IBM AIX v6.1, Unix and Linux.
Build & Deployment tools: Apache Ant v1.8.x, Apache Maven 3.3.x, Atlassian Stash, Jenkins.
Testing & Debugging: ParasoftJtest v9.4, JUnit, HttpWatch, Fiddler.
Project Management methodologies: Agile (Scrum), TDD, Waterfall.
Project Management tools: Atlassian JIRA 6.x, MS Project 2010/2013, and OpenProject.
Domain Knowledge: Banking, Financial, Health Care, Insurance, and Manufacturing.
Confidential, Frisco, TX
Sr. Java Developer Full Stack
- Understanding functional specifications, designing and developing creative solutions to meet business requirements.
- Actively involved in all phases of the end-to-end implementation project- requirements gathering, analysis and design, development, testing and debugging
- Provided J2EE consultant service including, infrastructure integration, core Java programming, open source framework development.
- Performed OR Mapping using Hibernate Annotations and collection mapping.
- Worked on Responsive design of the application using bootstrap and web technologies.
- Worked on enhancements and bugs that were raised as part of application maintenance.
- Implemented key components (Multiselect, date and time, status graphs and reporting) in the application which will help end customer in simplifying their day-day activities.
- Involved in developing and testing of several modules for this application using Java, J2EE, JMS, JBoss (WildFly) and Oracle.
- Worked on PL/SQL and created views, triggers, functions and stored procedures.
- Created unit test cases using JUnit framework for testing web services and other modules in the application.
- Developed REST Web Services clients to consume those Web Services.
- Involved in testing the GUI of the application.
- Involved in writing the test cases/test scripts for the testing involved.
- Developed stored procedures to apply business logic to the database. ANT Script is used for the application building and Log4J for debugging.
- Used CVS for version control and used Eclipse as the IDE for developing the application.
- Worked in Agile methodology environment including, Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Involved in System, Integration and User Acceptance Testing of the application.
Confidential, DallasJava Developer
- Played a key role of a Java EE technical lead and full stack developer in the requirements formulation, software development, and deployment and testing for building client and case manager interfaces for search, view and updates of client information.
- Worked withAngular JS, Bootstrap and Kendo UI for implementing GUI screens for different modules.
- Implemented the back-end services as RESTful APIs available for the front-end application to call using Ajax from Angular JS.
- Implemented Spring Web MVC for model-view-controller architecture of web component.
- Used Hibernate and JPA as Data access layer for accessing the data from MySQL database.
- Processed JSON data from RESTful web service by using Ajax to get resources from the database and populated the data to the client side.
- Implemented text search for clients using Apache Lucene.
- Used JIRA for Sprint planning, effort estimation tracking, User Stories documents and for bug tracking.
- Involved in discussions and meetings with the business analysts, product owners and project managers of the client.
- Used Maven for building the application package and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Participated in unit testing by developing JUnit test cases.
- Researched and provided the architectural design for moving from MySQL to NoSQL using MongoDB and Cassandra.
- Worked on enhancements, Improvements, and bug fixes and debugging of the deployed application.
- Deployed web application components on Tomcat in Dev, Test and Stage environments.
- Involved in creating technical design documents, user stories, and bug fix solutions.
- Used Atlassian Confluence for creating project related documents, meeting notes and release plans.
- Used Atlassian Stash for Code repository management systemto host GIT repositories.
- Responsible for the build and deployments in Apache Tomcat server in Dev, Test and Stage environments.
- Conducted code reviews using ParasoftJTest tool.
- Coordinated and participated daily-scrum meetings, product backlog review meetings and Sprint planning meetings in Scrum Agile development methodology.
Solution Environment:Java 8, Java EE 7,SpringMVC, Spring Security, Hibernate, WebServices (Restful), JMS, Angular JS, HTML5, CSS3, Ajax, Bootstrap, Kendo UI, MySQL, MongoDB, Apache Tomcat, Lucene, Cassandra, IntelliJ Ultimate 15, Fiddler, HttpWatch, JIRA, Jenkins, Stash, Confluence, JUnit, Jtest, MySQL Workbench.
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MIJava Developer
- Responsible for guiding teams in the technical, security and performance tuning aspects of Java EE applications under DealerCONNECT portal.
- Implemented J2EE Design Patterns like Factory, Singleton, DAO, DTO, VO (Value Object), Factory, and Session Façade, MVCfor the integration of some application modules.
- Used SOA framework to ensure the right services are provided and consumed .
- Performedcode & design document reviews, log file analysis and made sure that code deployed and delivered is of good quality.
- Provided technical guidance throughout all development phases of applications hosted on DC/FC web portals which will be used by FCA Dealers.
- Provided design adviseto application teams for future scalability and performance needs. Worked on current state architecture (CSA) and design advice for future state architecture (FSA).
- Participated in process review meetings (Kick-off, High/ Low Level Design, Functional and Launch).
- Enforced the standards of code and User Interface ‘look and feel’ as perDealerCONNECT portal standards using Angular JS, jQuery, Ajax, HTML5, CSS3 etc.
- Documented coding best practices and solutions.
- Researched to determine alternative technical solutions, proof-of-concepts and its development as & when required.
- Worked with Solution Architects to provide scalable, adaptable, synchronized enterprise solution that meets the business needs.
- Participated in architecture review process of the applications, prepare audit documentation with improvement points to enhance existing systems.
- Reviewed, Regulated, Investigated and escalated application team non-conformance to the standards.
- Investigated the poor performance of application and provided feasible & scalable solution with the help of functional testing and network performance testing, memory leak, back-end failure and load testing.
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MIJava Developer
- Involved in System Analysis and Design methodology as well as Object Oriented Design and development using OOAD methodology to capture and model business requirements.
- Implemented proof-of-concepts (POCs) using Java EE and Spring technologies (MS Tag, Barcode scanner, QR codes, UI layouts, Imaging etc.)
- Produceddetailed business requirement documents with design alternatives, pros and cons for each approach and reasons for the recommended approach.
- Developed wireframe models and prototypes using iRise and Balsamiq.
- Analyzed“What if” scenarios and exceptional conditions and made recommendations to fill the gaps identified in the functional specs and detailed design.
- Validated the architecture against requirements and assumptions.
- Identified architectural challenges, created necessary models and assess alternative approaches.
- Convinced business users and solution architects/analysts with alternative solutions that are more robust and simpler to implement from technical perspective while satisfying the functional requirements from the business perspective.
- Involved in the project estimation of implementing these business requirements.
- Ensured the timely status report to all stakeholders of the project.
Confidential, Auburn Hills,MIJava Developer
- Used Agile methodology for the development of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Involved in constructing and designing Sequence diagrams, Deployment diagrams, Dataflow diagrams, Class diagrams using UML.
- Involved in design and development of prototypes for different modules and screens using Balsamiq.
- Implemented Struts for MVC (Model View Controller) architecture and developed Struts Form Beans, Controller components and configured struts-config.xml file using Struts tag Libraries.
- Written Hibernate configuration and mapping files for storing the data into Oracle database.
- Worked with functional team for the requirement analysis and implemented the changes.
- Enhancement, improvement, bug fixing and debugging of the deployed application.
- Involved in the conversion of legacy application to Java/web based application.
- Analyzing user support tickets and providing fixes for the defects raised during the conversion
- Design, development and unit testing of the persistence layer using ORM tools such as Hibernate and JPA.
- Wrote DAO classes using spring and Hibernate to interact with database for persistence.
- Conducted Feasibility analysis and defined project plan, timelines and prioritization working with the management.
- Communicated with the client for requirements and schedules, co-ordination between various modules, in addition to the Java EE module lead responsibilities .
- Worked on migration of IBM WebSphere application server from WAS 6 to WAS 7.
- Worked on Onsite-Offshore model and performed reviews on the code delivered by offshore team.
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MIJava Developer
- Provided post production support/analysis and assisted in performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT), performance testing and validated test plans.
- Worked on identifying the technical root cause of the bugs and provided permanent fixes for the same.
- Responsible for smooth operation of Weekly and Monthly batch job processing which collects data from different internal and external system using Java technologies.
- Responded to service tickets and service requests within established time-based requirements.
- Analysed user support tickets, provided fixes for the defects and prepared RCA documents.
- Coordinated with internal and external Client resources to isolate and troubleshoot issues resulting with service disruption and outage.
- Researched and evaluated alternative solutions and made recommendations to obtain efficiencies and cost effective solutions.
- Implemented analytics using hitbox for website views, bandwidth limits and new visitor hits.
- Participated in WAS migration, applying DB2 fix packs etc.
- Managed excellent relationships with IT Operations and business partners to optimize application performance and results.
- Communicated effectively and timely with peers and management.
- Involved in designing Use-case, Sequence Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Data Flow Diagrams using UML.
- Applied important patches, hot fixes, service packs for operating system and fix pack installation for the database.
- Implemented a module with Java Mail API to send automatic confirmation mails to the users.
- Coded Message Driven Beans as subscribers for distributed destinations (Topics and Queues).
- Used Eclipse as an IDE and WebSphere Application server for deploying the application.
- Used Log4j for logging the application.
- Implemented an internal tool for bank officer assignments using Swing.
- Provided the architecture solutions to the Disaster Recovery servers in order to avoid the risk of missing the day-to-day operations in case of the failover of the main server.
- Worked with offshore team on the migration of the WebSphere application server and DB2 database. Applied fix packs where required.
- Managed project budgeting and forecasting, Software and Hardware warranty maintenance.
- Ensured timely status report to the customer and TCS management.
- Mentored the team by providing the required guidance and support which motivates them to meet the stringent deadlines.
- Performed quality review of project specific documents for developing traceability matrix.
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MI
Sr. Java Developer - Build
- Customization of the application with requirement gathering, analysis, troubleshooting, administrating, production deployment and Development through Agile principles
- Implemented middleware using struts 1.1 to direct user request to a controller servlet, which will determine the nature of the request and pass it to the appropriate handler
- Deployed application using Tomcat 5.5.
- Designed application using new themes and custom templates and user interface by using JSP, HTML, XML, XSLT, CSS and Java Script.
- Created Technical Design Documents using UML standards which includes Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams
- Developed the data access layer using Data Access Object (DAO) design pattern
- Used TOAD for the creating and running Database queries and scripts.
- Involved in writing the SQL Stored Procedures
- Created UNIX shell scripts for application.
- Prepared design, test and release documents.
- Involved in defect fixing and enhancements of various modules within the project and tracked using Bugzilla.
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MI
Sr. Java Developer
- Actively involved in the complete life cycle of development from the analysis phase to testing phase.
- Gathered business requirements and wrote functional specifications and detailed design documents.
- ConductedImpact analysis, Involved in the project estimation, design document preparation, coding, testing and deployment Implementation.
- Used AJAX to get faster response to the user without refreshing the whole page, to develop and customize the dynamic web pages.
- Monitored the critical Batch Job progress and fixed the issues immediately as they arise.
- Implemented Action Controllers using Struts MVC architecture.
- Developed Email Templates and Email Notification functionality using HTML, DHTML and XHTML as per business requirement.
Confidential, San Jose, CAJava Developer
- Migrated from MVC1 pattern (i.e. JSP as controller and View and JavaBeans as Model) to MVC2 pattern implemented by struts.
- Worked closely with Quality Assurance team to resolve all types of issues.
- Understanding of the entire code base, architectural considerations, design decisions and design patterns application.
- Creation of user interfaces using JSP/HTML/DHTML/XHTML.
- Creation of Java classes to generate and parse XML.
- Implemented charts using JFreeCharts API and Cewolf.
- Used Java Mail API to send automatic confirmation mails to the users
Confidential, San Jose, CAJava Developer
- Participated in use case review meetings to understand user requirements and prepared use case diagrams and documentation.
- Implemented java classes for users, roles and profiles.
- Prepared test plan and test cases.
- Redesigned UI interface using Nitobi Grid and Ajax for better performance.
- Enhanced Oracle objects such as tables, views, procedures, functions and packages for fulfilling the functional requirements
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Implemented JavaActionServlets as controllers and Action classes as wrappers to business objects and ActionFormBeans for modeling.
- Used Ajax for allowing the client side of application to communicate with server side asynchronously.
- Extensively used HTML and CSS for implementing user interface.