- Over 7+ years of IT experience in design, development, deployment and maintenance of applications in Android and JAVA/J2EE.
- Around 4 years of experience on smartphone and tablet development experience.
- Extensively worked on almost every stage of application development right from collecting requirements, providing guidelines for design, creating application architecture, implementation that includes various stages in development, QA, code signing and releasing to Market.
- Proficient in Android application framework and Android SDK tools.
- Experience in building Android apps which consume REST web services, using JSON&XML parsing.
- Expertise in developing apps using SQLite, Java, XML and HTML5.
- Experience in using Android Framework APIs such as Location, Camera, Media Player, Bluetooth and Wi - Fi.
- Proficient in Android applications development involving User Interface development, Notifications, Adapters, Broadcast Recievers,Content Provider, Services, Json Parsing and Telephony Manager.
- Hands on experience with Android activity life cycle and service life cycle call backs and Android OS framework.
- Experience in working with SQLite Database, Google Maps API, GPS Location Data and Push Notifications.
- Proficiency in unit testing with Junit and performance testing of UI.
- Knowledge of software versioning tools such as GIT (using GitHub) and SVN .
- Expertise in Data Structure, Multithreading, Collections, Exception handling and Serialization.
- Expertise in developing applications using Java, J2EE, Struts, Spring, Hibernate and JSP.
- Have hands-on experience in complete project life cycle, with domain knowledge in Mobile Application Development and Web application development. self-driven, goal oriented, customer focused software professional with proven ability to successfully work in all phases of Software development lifecycle.
- Good communication skills: I have interacted with customers regularly during development of the mobile applications.
Mobile Platform: Android
Languages: Java, PHP, C++,Asp.Net
Web Technologies: J2EE, JSP, Servlet, Web Services, JDBC, MVC
Frameworks: Spring, Hibernate, Slim PHP Micro Framework, CodeIgniter, Restful, Picasso, RxAndroid, Leak Canery, RetroFit, Ultimate RecyclerView, Volley.
IDE / Tools: Eclipse, Android Studio, Unity 3D, SketchUp
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, PHP MyAdmin, WAMP
Databases: MS SQL Server, MySQL
Operating System: Windows XP/7/8, Mac OS, Linux (Ubuntu)
Confidential, Framingham, MA
Android Application Developer
- Involved in full life cycle of the applications including prototyping, design, and development, and testing.
- Worked on the material design components.
- Worked with the Android SDK, and implemented Location Connectivity components
- Used GIT for code repository and maintaining current and historical versions of the source code.
- Intensive use of internal API's in order to fetch item details.
- Worked with the shopping cart API in order to push the selected items.
- Implemented horizontal recycler view to show the current trending items.
- Used Retrofit for establishing network connections.
- Tested the app across different versions of Android and different android phones to assure quality and performance.
- Hands-on mentioned above required various API’s of Android SDK, REST API’s and Java.
- Key resource for layout and UI work utilizing XML, Views, ListView, MenuItem, Activities, Fragments, Frame, Animations, Notifications, etc.
- Implemented REST services, getting JSON response and parsing them to get the required information.
- Refactor existing code base to meet changing requirements and improve code maintainability.
- Implemented Microsoft Cognitive Services Text analytics, Bing image search to analyze the text and images of notes.
- Used Android DDMS features such as Log cat and Screen Capture.
- Worked with developers to resolve and fix the faults found in testing the structure and functionality of the application.
- Developed user-friendly user-interfaces using widgets like Menus, Dialogs, DifferentLayouts, Buttons, Edit boxes and Selection widgets like List View and Scroll View as per client need.
- Worked on wide use of application framework like content providers, content resolver, AsyncTask, AlertDialog.
- Involved in working on Restful Web service with JSON.
- Used sync service to load changed data from server and to send modified data to server from app.
- Responsible for designing and implementing Location based service using Google Maps API that enables to search the nearest ATMS located.
- Analyzing application with Trace View tool to improve performance.
- Test and error logging on different versions and devices of Android.
- Implemented an error reporting system for future development support.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Involved in requirement gathering, UI design and development.
- Worked on innovative background reflecting the user account status that changes according to user’s account.
- Device specific needs were implemented with the help of PhoneGap.
- Worked closely with the testing team.
- Designed screens related to Categories and Detail description for Tablet for both 7 inch and 10Inchdevices by customizing views as per mockup. Created Master-Detail Interface for tablet implementation.
- Updated backend validations to meet tablet specific requirements.
- Implemented unique design for portrait and landscape mode.
- Used web views, listviews&populatedlists to display the lists from database using simple Adapters.
- Responsible for consuming the REST services, getting JSONresponse and parsing them to get The required information
- Added parser classes for Tablet, which involved parsing JSONfeeds.
- Created custom UI classes for corresponding Misfiles
- Implemented data caching mechanism.
- Created supporting Home screen Widgets to display specials based on users Preferences.
- Upgraded the application layout to support Android 5.0 Lollipop.
- Created UI&functionality for authentication feature.
- Developed user-friendly UI using advanced design patterns that supports Android Marshmallow.
- Involved in development and enhancements of features to restrict the usage based on Authorization and Authentication tokens.
- Provided subsequent releases, which included feature changes, enhancements and bug fixes.
- Implemented Agile / scrum methodologies for completion of project before deadlines.
Environment: Android SDK, Eclipse IDE, XML, HTML5, REST services, JSON, PhoneGap.
Confidential, Orlando, FL
- Developed user-friendly user-interfaces using widgets like Menus, Dialogs, different Layouts, Buttons, Edit boxes and Selection widgets like List View and Scroll View as per client need.
- Populated spinner data from SQLite database by using simple spinner which allows selecting an item from a drop down menus and to store user and app data into SQLite database.
- Added search functionality to list view items will filter the list data with a matching string.
- Integrated Google Maps into the application using Google Android location-based APIs to display addresses and locations.
- Added a feature to app to detect internet connection status before making any HTTP Requests.
- Experienced in developing app handling XML data using efficient parsing technique such as DOM/JSON parsers.
- Implemented the event reminder feature into the app using services, async tasks and alert notification API.
- Used Android content providers for implementing features like sending E-mails, SMS, etc., from the app.
- Designed Comps and pitched to Apple, resulting in a signed exclusivity contract. B2S is now the only company that sells, engraves, and gift wraps Apple products outside of store.apple.com using a rewards-based Ecommerce platform.
- Applied knowledge of SQLite and data persistence to develop an offline feature that allows the user to access app without network connection.
- Designed the app to take pictures with a camera at any time to collect images.
- Used RESTFUL web services to consume a web service.
- Used CVS for project management and version control.
- Worked on debugging the application using Logcat, DDMS.
- Worked in an agile environment delivering in short turn-around times.
Environment: Android SDK 2.2, SQLite 3.6, Eclipse IDE 3.5, Android API’s, JDK 1.6, XML, JSON, GPS, ADT Plug-in, CVS (version control), Logcat, DDMS console
Confidential - Rochester, NY
- Used Agile methodology (used Scrum) for development and was present in daily stand up meetings and weekly team meeting. Also attended bi-weekly sprint planning meetings.
- Effectively participated in communication with Business Analysts and architects.
- Developed Spring Hibernate components for backend data retrieval and persistence.
- Involved in making improvements in an already existing code to add new functionality to PAO.
- Involved in development using JRules and Groovy also (some of the functionality is present in JRules and groovy).
- Involved in creating proxy and business services using OSB.
- Deployed PAOon WebLogic application server.
- Used Mercurial for version control.
- Involved in component Testing (writing cTests).
- Involved in deploying PAO on APPSDEV server using Team City.
- Involved in performing code reviews using Crucible.
- Used Ant to build the application.
Environment: Java, JRules, Groovy, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, JSP, MVC, Oracle Weblogic, JQuery, Ant, XML, HTML, CSS, Mercurial version control system, cTest, OSB
- Designing UI screen for Insurance Quote to get User information with JSP .
- Writing custom tag handlers for Insurance Quote page to calculate the age of the person using the date of birth information entered.
- Developing Action Classes, Service Classes for Resident Insurance Premium payment module.
- Developed reusable web components, JSP, Servlets and JavaBeans that use the MVC pattern to access EJB (Entity Beans) for the modules of user registration.
- Writing PL/SQL Queries to get schedule of policy payment and defaults.
- Developing Session beans, Entity for Insurance Quotes.
- Writing JSP for Online Quote for Resident Insurance.
- Developing CMP read only Entity beans to get Insurance quotes.
- Fixing the bugs identified in test phase.
- Writing JUnit Test cases for Unit testing in Pension Manager Module.
- Documenting CR impact analysis and prepared implementation documents.
Environment: Java, J2EE, JSP, Web Services, XML, Oracle, Eclipse, UML.