- Around 8 Years of professional experience in design and development of Web - based, Client-Server and System level applications using Java/J2EE technologies.
- Experienced in all stages of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) including proposal, process engineering, requirement analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and support.
- Worked in Agile (SCRUM), test driven development, prototype development and Waterfall software development methodologies.
- Expertise in implementing MVC architecture using Struts 1.2/2.0, Spring 3.0/4., EJB 2.0/3.0
- Experience in implementation of Persistence Framework like JPA and Hibernate ORM (Object Relational Mapping) in a typical n-type architecture.
- Good knowledge on the Spring modules like Spring IOC, Spring MVC, Spring Batch, Spring Web flow, Spring AOP Spring DAO and Spring Security.
- Expertise in using Web Service technologies like SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, RESTAPI to implement Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Working experience in Web Services using REST, SOAP with XML/JSON.
- Expertise in coding business components using various API’s of Java like Multi-Threading, Collections.
- Experience on working with Hibernate for mapping the java objects to relational database and SQL queries to fetch the data, insert, delete and update the data from the database.
- Expertise in Application development using various frameworks such as Jakarta Struts Framework 1.2/1.3, Java Server Faces, Spring Framework, Spring MVC, Hibernate 3.0 ORM with GUI plug-ins like Tiles Framework, validation plug-ins like Validator Framework and security modules like Acegi for spring.
- Experience in using Angular JS, Node JS, React Js, HMTL, DHTML, XML, DTD, XLST and CSS to develop web interfaces.
- Good experience in unit testing with Karma, Jasmine and JUnit.
- Well Acquainted with RDBMS like Oracle 9i/10g/11g/12c, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL Databases.
- Experience working with AWS (Amazon Web Services) , working with EC2, RDS, Dynamo DB, S3, Cloud Formation Templates, Cloud watch.
- Expertise in using NoSQL database like MongoDB, Cassandra to support the storage of JSON objects.
- Worked in TDD and version management tools Github, Stash, SVN.
- Worked on bug tracking tools like JIRA, VersionOne.
- Worked on building and deploy tools - Ant, Maven, Jenkins build.
- Good knowledge on log4j for logging and JUnit for integrated testing.
- Used Mockito for mock creation, verification and stubbing.
- Worked on with IDE tools such as Eclipse, NetBeans, IntelliJ and JDeveloper.
- Hands on experience with source control tools like CVS, Clear Case, SVN and Git.
- Expertise in deploying enterprise applications on Web/Application servers like IBM WebSphere, JBoss, Apache Tomcat and Web Logic.
- Expert knowledge of data structures , computer logic and flow-charting, program design methods and techniques, database vendor versions, compiler versions.
- Experience in writing technical documents like Functional Requirement Document, Detail Design, creating screen mock ups, Test Cases, Conducting Code/Peer Reviews, Testing (Unit and Integration), planning and leading training sessions.
- Strong analytical, debugging, problem solving skills, excellent communication, presentation skills and a good team player.
Languages: Java 1.4/1.5/1.6/1.7/1.8 , C, C++, SQL, PL/SQL
J2EE Technologies: Servlets 2.3/2.4/2.5/3.0/3.1 , JSP 1.2/2.0/2.1/2.2/2.3 , JSTL, JDBC 2.0/3.0/4.0, JMS, JNDI, JSF, XML, JAXB, EJB 2.0/3.0, JAAS, JCA, JTA, JavaBeans, JavaMail API, JavaPersistence API
Core Java: Multithreading, Collections, Generics, Serialization, Concurrency Control, File I/O
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g/12c, DB2, Mongo DB, SQL Server 2000/2008//2012/2014 , MySql 4.x/5.xWSDL, UDDI, SOAP, REST, JAX: RS, JAX-WS, JAX-RPC
Web/Application Server: Web Logic 8.1/9.2/10g/11g/12c, IBM WebSphere 5.x/6.0/7.0/8.x, Apache Tomcat 4.0/5.x/6.x, JBoss EAP 4.2/4.3/5.0/6.0
Framework: Struts 1.2/2.0, Springs 2.0/2.5/3.0/3.1/4. * (MVC, DI, AOP, IOC, Security, DAO)
Messaging: JMS, Tibco EMS, Rabbit MQ, IBM MQ, Kafka
ORM: Hibernate 3.0/3.2/4.*, JPA, iBatis 2.2
IDE Tools: Eclipse, JDeveloper, RAD, IntelliJ, NetBeans, JBuilder
Build /Log Other tools: Build (ANT, MAVEN), Logging(log4j), CVS, SVN, Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Cruise Control, LogStash, CloudWatch
Design Methodologies: OOP, Agile, Water Fall, SCRUM, UML, RUP, J2EE Design Patterns (Singleton, Facade, Builder Pattern, Factory pattern, Proxy, Interface, Service Locator, Composite, Decorator, Command, State, Null Object, MVC, Template, Strategy, Observer)
Operating Systems: Windows NT/ 2000 / XP/Vista/7/8, UNIX (Shell Scripting), Linux, Mac OS X.
Testing: JUnit, JMeter, Mockito, Selenium, cucumber & JTest
Confidential, Ann Arbor, MI
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer
- Involved in SDLC Requirements gathering, Analysis, Design, Development and Testing of application using AGILE methodology (SCRUM).
- Involved in design discussions and understanding of business requirements and identify the relevant functional and technical requirements.
- Implemented Single Page Application (SPA) Pattern and used Angular JS MVC to build a cross-browser application.
- Implemented core features of Angular JS framework such as Dependency Injection, Data-Binding, Filters, Directives, Templates Services and Deep Linking.
- Used AJAX to get the data from the server asynchronously by using JSON/XML object and Jackson API.
- Used JAX-RS (REST) for producing web services and involved in writing programs to consume the web services using SOA with CXF framework Used JAXB to marshal and unmarshal the xml-java object, java objects-xml
- Extensively used JSP to develop schema viewer applications.
- Created reusable UI components using React JS .
- Created controller Servlets for handling HTTP requests from JSP pages.
- Extensively worked with XML schema, XSL/XSLT, XML to navigate in XML documents, and DOM4J to process and parse xml files.
- Used XPATH to navigate through Attributes and Elements in an XML Document.
- Implemented the business logic using various Design patterns.
- Developed the entire application web-based client implementing MVC Architecture using spring framework.
- Implemented Object-relation mapping in the persistence layer using Hibernate frame work in conjunction with spring functionality.
- Used Spring framework to inject the DAO and Bean objects, auto wiring the components.
- Worked on development of Hibernate , including mapping files, configuration file and classes to interact with the database.
- Used SQL, HQL Queries in Java code to do select/update/delete depending upon the business requirement.
- Also, used Stored procedures connecting to the database using spring Integration .
- Responsible for modifying existing xml schema definition as per client’s requirements.
- Used Eclipse IDE to develop/create my code and Rabbit MQ for messaging.
- A Web Sphere JNDI naming tree is maintained for the external configuration of a service.
- Implemented features like logging, user session validation using Spring-AOP module.
- Used Spring security framework for authentication and authorization of the application.
- Used multithreaded environment to run the processes asynchronously using different future calls to access the data.
- Good hands on UNIX commands, used to see the log files on the production server.
- Developed several shell Scripts to automate file transfers.
- Involved in developing Unit Test cases and testing the Application using soap-ui.
- Used Mockito for mock creation, verification and stubbing.
- Used Log4j to capture the log that includes runtime exception and for logging info and are helpful in debugging the issues.
- Used Git as source control management giving a huge speed advantage on centralized systems that have to communicate with a server.
- Used Gradle as a build tool automating the building, testing, publishing and deployment loading all the dependencies from the nexus artifact repository.
- Designed, developed, implemented, and maintained custom Gradle tasks in Java and Groovy.
- Involved in creating, modifying and updating database tables in oracle 11g.
- Defined AWS security groups which acted as virtual firewalls to control the incoming traffic onto one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Experience in real-time monitoring and alerting of applications deployed in AWS using Cloud Watch , Cloud Trail and Simple Notification Service.
- Cloud- based servers and services in accordance with project guidelines.
- Used Amazon Cloud Watch to monitor the application performance and used the logs to identify any threshold limits.
- Expertise in creating IAM roles to delegate access to users or services to certain AWS resources.
- Design roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM).
- Expertise in authoring many cloud Formation Templates using JSON .
- Involved in the complete life cycle of the project from the requirements to the production support.
Environment: Java 1.7, Java Beans, J2EE, REST , Spring, Apache CXF, Hibernate, Angular JS, React JS, Ajax, JQuery, JSP, XSD, XML Bean, Web Sphere, Eclipse Juno, Oracle 11g, JUnit, Log4J, Unix, Git, Gradle 1.11, Soap-UI, Log Expert, FileZilla, Spring Framework security using LDAP, AWS.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Sr. Java/UI Developer
- Worked with business teams on requirements gathering and estimating the efforts for development using agile methodology to integrate business line of apps with SOA in a seamless fashion.
- Developed the UML Use Cases, Activity, Sequence and Class diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Extensively worked on business, front end and persistence tier using the JSP, Servlets, Spring MVC, and JSON.
- Used to building rich Internet applications, backbone JS to optimize in-browser use and to load the module and to improve the Speed.
- Front-end development utilizing Java script frameworks such as JQuery, Backbone Js.
- Used AJAX to implement some customizations which required dynamic behavior like controls dependent on user value selection on some other controls.
- Implemented Java multi-threading and thread handling issues during application development
- Developed application service components and configured beans using Spring IOC, creation of Hibernate mapping files and generation of database schema.
- I used Backbone JS for passing on data from HTML forms.
- Used Hibernate Query Language (HQL) features like Named Queries for querying the database and using the objects in data access layer.
- Develop innovative and quality solutions by making use of latest tools and technologies like Apache CXF, Spring Core, and Spring AOP.
- Angular JS is used to provide clients side validation.
- Managed Database Transactions using Spring’s Transaction Management module and optimized and improved performance of the queries.
- Also, participated in development of new features for the core of the application. This included converting the company's current SOAP API to RESTful web services.
- Developed Rest architecture based web services to facilitate communication between client and servers.
- Invoked web services and parsed the XML results.
- Extensively involved in the development of backend Logics or data access logic using Oracle DB and JDBC.
- Developed stored procedures, triggers and functions with PL/SQL for Oracle database.
- Web application backend development utilizing Node Js, Express JS and MongoDB.
- Migration of Existing Application to AWS cloud.
- Implemented continuous integration and deployment solutions to target environment.
- Written cloud formation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Creating S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and utilized S3 bucket and glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Use of WebLogic application server to deploy the application and connect through the data source using JNDI.
- Wrote Unit testing and Test suites using JUnit framework for testing the application.
- Developed application code using Eclipse IDE and configured with Maven.
- Used SVN for version control and ANT for application build.
- Participated in weekly status meeting for providing the development updates.
- Production support for the application to resolve the issues experienced by the users.
Confidential, Mooresville, NC
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer
- Involved in deployment of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of the tracking systems Requirement gathering, Conceptual design, Analysis, Detail design, Development, System Testing, and User Acceptance.
- Used Agile methodology and effectively took part in Scrum gatherings to deliver quality deliverables within time (extensively used ScrumDo for project Management).
- Designed and developed all the user interfaces using JSP, Servlets and Spring framework .
- Developed the DAO layer using Hibernate and used caching system for real time performance.
- Designed and developed various modules of the application with J2EE design architecture, Spring MVC architecture using IOC, AOP concepts
- Created POC for Spring Batch for running batch jobs
- Used Spring IOC for dependency injection and Spring AOP for cross cutting concerns like logging, security, transaction management.
- Developed WebService provider methods (bottom up approach) using WSDL and RESTful for transferring data between the Applications
- Configured Java Messaging Services (JMS) on Web Sphere Server using Eclipse IDE
- Used AJAX for developing asynchronous web applications on client side
- Used JDBC for accessing database to track all credit aspects of accounts, which include financial review details, security held, actuarial exposure data and receivables
- Designed various applications using M ulti- T hreading concepts, mostly used to perform time consuming tasks in the background
- Developed Generic Java Packages to produce and consume JMS messages through topics and queues in Asynchronous message processing with guaranteed delivery.
- Used AngularJS MVC framework to build Web application
- Wrote JSP& Servlets classes to generate dynamic HTML pages
- Adopted Spring framework for the development of the project
- Involved in fixing bugs and unit testing with test cases using JUnit framework
- Used Maven 3.1 for create the project archetype and build the interface modules for c customizing WAR and EAR files
- Used Spring ORM module for integration with Hibernate for persistence layer
- Developed Session Beans and Entity Beans ( JPA ).
- Involved in writing Hibernate Query Language (HQL) for persistence layer
- Involved in development of Reports using Oracle Report tool
- Used Log4j for application logging and debugging
- Used Github as Distributed version control system and branching for creating a new feature and making bug fixes.
- Involved in post-production support and maintenance of the application
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Responsible for gathering business requirements, review the requirements and converting them to detailed design documents and clarification documents.
- Configured Java Messaging Services (JMS) on Web logic Server using Eclipse IDE
- Used Web Services to get price from external Business Entities.
- Consumed Web Services as a gateway for the payment through the third-party.
- Developed Web Services using SOA, SOAP, WSDLand JAX-WS, JAX-RPC programming models.
- Responsible for integration of different modules.
- Implementing the rules using Drools .
- Created JUnit test cases, and Development of JUnit classes.
- Configured log4j to enable/disable logging in application.
- Developed ANT script to build .war and .ear files for the application.
- Involved in Code Reviews of other modules, documents, test cases.
- Wrote UNIXShell scripts and used UNIX environment to deploy the application.
- Responsible in coordination with offshore team, attending daily and weekly scrum meetings to update the work status, issues clarifications etc.
- Designed, developed, deployed physician finder, hospital search and Maps & Directions functionality Using Java and JSP
- Used Web Sphere Studio for the development of Java Servlets and JSPs and deployed them using Web sphere
- Designed and developed the presentation layer using AJAX for RUI (Rich User Interface).
- Used Jsp Taglibs (JSTL) for the customization of the web pages.
- Created DAO for hospital search and home health Search .
- Developed the Servlets and Data Access Layer classes and used JDBC API for interaction with the Oracle Database.
- Testing the module, fixing the bugs and XML used to transfer the data between different layers.
- Used UML Methodologies for designing the gathered requirements.
- Was involved in creating Use Case Diagrams
- Documented the work done and gathered the specification changes.
- Debugged the issues using features of WASD.
- Coordinated with other teams in resolving software/hardware issues.
- Involved in writing unit test cases and unit testing.
- Created stored procedures using SQL Server and accessed them by using Java.
- Used Rational Rose to design class diagrams and sequence diagrams.