- Highly organized, dedicated, and analytical Senior Java Developer with solid hands - on skills in programming and analysis, focusing on product design and development. Experienced in working with Agile/Scrum and Waterfall methodology in primarily hybrid environments.
- Knowledgeable in Java J2EE, Spring MVC and Pentaho; requirements gathering and assessment; as well as software design, coding, testing, and implementation; complemented with the ability to develop and implement different programs simultaneously.
- Expert at collaborating directly with diverse levels of individuals across the organization to ensure superior quality of products, projects, and results on a timely basis.
- Technically proficient with Pentaho Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) Tool, DB2, Oracle, SQL, UNIX, and Linux.
- Selected to the Mentor Program at Confidential, upon being recognized by the Director of Business Solutions Development, for the passion I have for acquiring and sharing new knowledge in my field. Acted as mentor for three different teams of developers.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Lead effort of migrating code base from newly acquired company to home repositories (svn - > github)
- Lead effort of settings Java development coding standards for the new initiatives.
- Mentor less experienced developers by offering guidance and assistance as required to meet team goals and deadlines.
- Started quality gates initiative to enforce code quality standards and acceptable levels of code coverage as a pre step to TDD for new Java development.
- Enhanced Appian Java plugins to take advantage of new Java 8 features supported by Appian platform.
- Contribute to effort to convert existing SOAP webService to Restful API’s.
- Contribute to efforts for continuous integration using Jenkins and SonarQube code Inspector.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
Senior Java Developer
- Lead developer for the NATS project using Java, Spring MVC, JUnit and. This effort will allow for the efficient streamlining of loan applications by providing one system to store all application related documents and work as well as to allow for integration with another system that houses applicant data, in turn saving significant time and effort.
- Project was new development initiative to replace the National Appraisal Tracking Systems and involved 40 resources over two locations.
- Mentor new team members in various development processes and procedures as well as regarding the overall project requirements and application flow.
- Primary responsibilities involved end to end work, from inception to integration testing using Java, Microsoft SQL server, Spring MVC and JSR 303 Hibernate validation framework.
- Managed development efforts by working with junior developers to write Java code in Spring and Hibernate as well as JUnit tests using the Mockito framework.
- Wrote UML including class and sequence diagrams to contribute to high level and detailed design of the architecture of the application
- Developed several web based tools using Spring MVC to allow application administrators to make system configuration changes to domain data as well as electronic content (email).
- Using HTML and CSS validators as well as Firefox Developer Tools, developed several web front end projects to ensure accessibility 508 compliance.
- Architected, designed and developed Java interfaces between internal business services and external services that are used by the NATS application.
- Architected and developed a daily batch job using Spring Batch to allow for more efficient management of tasks per user profiles.
- Reviewed data model design with the DBA to ensure high performance and data integrity of SQL queries used by the development team.
- Created external property file to manage users access control based on their roles and granted permissions to the NATS system.
- Performed code reviews and ensured code follows FCAO-FSA standards.
- Served as SME for JSR 303 Hibernate validation using XML files.
- Instrumental in working through requirements analysis and technical discussions for determining appropriate technologies and approaches to various sections of the application.
- Development environment included both Agile/Scrum and waterfall methodology depending on specific scope of work in a given situation.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
Java Programmer Analyst
- Directly provided outstanding support to all applications of the Financial Assessment Team to ensure high system availability, allowing branch users to perform their daily operations without interruptions.
- Lead multiple enhancements of various level of complexity from design, coding, testing to final implementation.
- Championed the introduction of Pentaho as a new technology to produce reports that leadership used to measure a new system rollout which in turn allowed them to determine best strategies to drive business with that tool at the Branch/Regional level.
- Played an integral role in designing and developing extracts through Pentaho.
- Monitored and guided the performance of junior team members in using Pentaho, as well as mentoring new team members in handling support procedures and processes. IS CostBasis Team
- Directly provide outstanding support to all applications of the CostBasis Team to ensure high system availability, allowing branch users to perform their daily operations without interruptions.
- Led initiative for two large enhancements including: Real Time Archive Process for the Realized Unrealized Gain Loss reports with successful, on-time implementation; and CPR WebService Upgrade including the piloting logic to run both systems in parallel during pilot period with successful, on-time implementation.
- Achieved visibility with the success of the Real Time Archive Process as it provided a protection to the firm from potential litigation in regard to report storage; overall impact was over 7M customers and untold millions of dollars.
- Mentored new team member by providing opportunities to learn about various development processes and procedures and the whole enhancement life cycle from creating a change request to implementation.