Ruby On Rails Developer Resume
- 4+ years of experience and excellent knowledge of Ruby on Rails.
- Experience working with latest front end frameworks like Bootstrap.
- Experience in working in Waterfall model and Agile development environment.
- Proficient in Model - View-Controller (MVC) architectures using Rails.
- Extensively used Ruby gems like Devise, JQuery, will paginate, Paperclip, Bundler, Rspec, capybara etc.
- Good experience in Java script, XML, JQuery, HTML5, CSS and AJAX.
- Experience in various stage of software development life cycle includes requirements, analysis, design, development, deployment and testing of an application for business outputs.
- Experience using version control using Git (github,bitbucket), SVN.
- Deployment experience includes Amazon EC2, Heroku.
- Experience using Amazon S3 for storage.
- Experience working in TDD (test driven development) and BDD (behavior driven development) approach using RSpec/Cucumber on multiple platforms like Linux (ubuntu, redhat, centos) and Mac
- Developed ROR customer facing applications, which meet the requirements outlined in our application development specification.
- Exceptional ability to Quickly master new concepts and capable of working in-group as well as independently with excellent communication skills.
Languages: Ruby, Java, C#, C, C++, SQL, PL/SQL
Web Design: HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, Angular JS
Databases: Oracle SqLite, MySQL, PostgreSQL, No SQL ( Mongo DB )
Application & Web Servers: Puma, Thin, Unicorn, Phusion Passenger, Apache, Nginx
Test Frameworks: MiniTest, Test Unit, Junit, Rspec, Capybara, Cucumber, FactoryGirl
Frameworks / Architectures: Rails, Spring, Struts, Hibernate
Deployment Tools: Capistrano, Amazon EC2, Heroku
Operating Systems: Windows, Ubuntu, Linux, Redhat, centOS, OSXProtocols: HTTP/HTTPS, TCP/IP, SOAP, SMTP, Continuous integration Jenkins
Other Tools: MS Office (MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Project 2013).
Ruby on Rails Developer
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Communicating with the Apple customer to design web application.
- Designed End-to-End web application development with the Ruby on Rails.
- Worked with business analysts to understand their business models and goals and help define strategy, content, and features
- Implemented and enhanced CRUD operations for the applications using the MVC (Model View Controller) architecture of Rails framework and Ruby conducting code reviews.
- Designing PostgreSQL database model for the entire application like creating tables, views and stored procedure.
- Adding of Apple Authentication and Authorization.
- Collaborated and coordinated with the management and design to implement new features like internalization, web accessibility.
- Used Git version control system with GitHub services.
- Configured server-side to secure sensitive data using https/SSL.
- Extensively involved in bug fixing, code refactoring and peer-reviews.
- Support production and development on Apple server Mac environments.
- Developed website using Ruby on Rails on Mac operating system, Capistrano Deployed applications using Phusion passenger, Nginx Server and also maintained the application using GitHub
- Collaborated with product and project managers on scope, definition, scheduling. Advised on usability and feasibility of features.
- Interactive in providing change requests, trouble reports and requirements collection with the client.
Sr. Ruby on Rails Developer
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Actively involved in analysis of the system requirements specifications and involved in client interaction during requirements specifications.
- Followed Agile development methodology and scrum for the project.
- Writing backend programming in Ruby on Rails
- Developed complex APIs for third party integration (JSON, RESTful)
- Designed and developed the layouts of customer relations module.
- Used Mongo DB to store large volumes of data and worked on creating reports.
- Wrote Rspec and Cucumber tests in the application.
- Managed code with SVN and unit testing in Rspec framework.
- Launching the VMs on different cloud platform and monitor the performance and configuration.
- Used Rails finder methods, filters and wrote model scopes in the application.
- Deployed the project into Heroku using Capistrano and GIT version control system.
- Fixing the bugs and tickets filed by quality assurance and product management team.
- Performed Unit testing, Integration Testing, GUI and web application testing using Rspec.
Environment: Rails (3.2), CSS, HTML5, Bootstrap, Rspec, JSON, SVN, MongoDB, GIT, Heroku, AWS.
Ruby on Rails Developer
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Gathering and analysis of client requirements. Involved in Database modeling and Design.
- Involved in developing and implementation of the web application using Ruby on Rails.
- Involved in the entire software development lifecycle using an Agile Scrum methodology.
- Implemented and enhanced CRUD operations for the applications using the MVC (Model View Controller) architecture of Rails 4 frameworks.
- Used RESTful API to gather related data.
- Designed and developed the frontend application using Rails 4, CSS3, AJAX and JQuery.
- Experience in using ruby libraries.
- Experience working with RSpecand Cucumber in a TDD and BDD test driven environment.
- Able to dig into unfamiliar codebases in order to understand bugs and solve problems JIRA.
- Added MySQL database and reporting infrastructure for site metrics.
- Worked as a team doing code reviews and pair programming.
- Project Estimation, delegation, planning and execution.
- Part of development team and technical deliverables.
- Continuous Integration using Jenkins.
Ruby on Rails Developer
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Providing the best components of the Ruby-on-Rails to deliver high quality solutions to customers at maximum speed
- Involving in the entire software development lifecycle, using an Agile methodology
- Providing input on feature requirements, then managing projects to completion, testing, and releasing to production
- Created an events calendar so that important events can be posted and viewed.
- Experience using ImageMagick, RMagick and its methods to edit images. Also used Thinking Sphinx, adding pagination to search and Integration of Google Maps API, Google web toolkit (GWT), FasterCSV to import large data to the MySQL database.
- Developed site-utilizing Ruby on Rails on Mac OS, upheld by MySql and Capistrano to automate and facilitate the deployment process on Phusion Passenger server. Utilized RHTML, YAML to outline the site pages.
- Mysql performance tuning and query optimization
- Able to dig into unfamiliar codebases in order to understand a bug and solve a problem
- Created Report Generator for various Projects to meet the current stage of the Project
- Created Help Desk for user's queries to meet the bulk queries submitted by the users
- Created Report Generator for various Projects
- Designed and manipulated database
Ruby on Rails Developer
- Developed the presentation layer using Struts, JSP's, Html, Java Script, JQuery and Ajax.
- Developed the GUI pages with HTML5 standard to support all the major latest browsers.
- Experience in Java back-end developer with good command on Object oriented design and principles.
- Developed web based applications applying MVC design architectures with Struts.
- Used Hibernate as the model framework to interact with the Oracle database.
- Used spring framework in managing the beans, used IOC of spring extensively. Used Spring JDBC for database operations.
- Used spring managed transactions to persist data to the tables.
- Wrote SQL queries to insert and update SQL database.
- Strong exposure to JBOSS 4.0 for deployment of projects.
- Basic knowledge of service-oriented Architecture (SOA), web services.
- Developed strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understood to test program by running it across test cases to ensure validity and code effectiveness.
- Covered the application with unit tests using JUnit, Easymock etc.
- Actively involved in coding the change requests, fixing the defects during releases.
- Used Eclipse as the IDE for the code development.
- Used CVS version control tool.
- Used Agile/Pair programming TDD as the software development process.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Struts, JSPs, Servlets, spring, Hibernate, HTML, CSS, Java Script, JQuery, Ajax, XML, JDBC, PL SQL, Oracle, JBOSS, Eclipse.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes