- Over 8+ Years of extensive experience as a Java J2EE Full Stack Developer in Object Oriented Development, implementation and maintenance of web and distributed Enterprise applications for Telecom, Banking, Financial, Airline, Healthcare, Insurance and eCommerce organizations.
- Developed J2EE applications using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) standards.
- E experience in Core Java with Multithreading, Concurrency, Data structures, Algorithms, Exception Handling, File handling, IO, Generics and Java collections .
- Created business flows from front - end to back-end by using MVC ( Model-View-Controller ) pattern in the Struts and Spring business layer frameworks.
- Experience in consuming and producing the REST and SOAP based API’s using JAX-RS and JAX-WS respectively to support complex CRUD operations.
- Configured JMS (Java Message Service) queues and topics in code using Oracle AQ (Advanced Queue)’s to manage the notifications to be sent to the customers.
- Experienced with IBM WebSphere Application Server, Oracle WebLogic application server, Jboss application server and Apache Tomcat Web Server.
- Experience in using the Object Relational Mapping tool Hibernate, strong in using XML mappings and Java Objects.
- Experienced in managing the databases like DB2, Oracle, MS SQL Server 2005, and MySQL.
- Hands on experience with Packages, Stored Procedures, Functions, Views, Materialized views, Tables, Triggers, Cursors, Indexes and constraints to improve database performance.
- Experience in writing complex PL/SQL queries and schedule DBMS jobs to perform data imports and exports.
- Working knowledge on Unix Shell Scripting and worked on Linux, Solaris, AIX and HP-UX.
- Experience with Test First Methodology, Test-Driven Development (TDD) using the unit testing framework JUnit and used Apache Log4j framework for logging purposes.
- Strong experience in automating web application testing using Cucumber, Selenium IDE, WebDriver with TestNG framework.
- Experience in using continuous integration tools like TeamCity CI and build tools such as ANT, Maven and Gradle.
- Experience in configuring the business services and proxy services in enterprise OSB (Oracle Service Bus) to provide load balancing and health monitoring.
- Extensively used J2EE Design Patterns like Singleton, Factory, Observer, Decorator patterns, etc.
- Experienced in requirement analysis, and preparing High Level and Low Level design (HLD and LLD).
- Experience and deep knowledge in bug tracking tools like JIRA and source code management tools like GIT, CVS, CVSN, SVN, Mercurial and Visual Source safe(VSS).
- Worked on Design and Analysis (OOAD) resulting in Use Case View (Use Cases & Actors) & Logical View (Class Diagram and Sequence Diagram) using UML.
- Have knowledge of Mule ESB in serving business interactions using REST based web services.
- Have knowledge on Business Process and Decision Management Design using Jboss JBPM and Jboss Drools Rules Engine.
- Experience working with different SDLC methodologies like Agile (TDD, SCRUM) and Waterfall .
- Have a high-level understanding of in-memory distributed data storage systems like Memcache, EHcache and Hazlecast.
- Expertise in using IDE’s like Eclipse, Netbeans, Spring Tools Suite, RAD and IBM WebSphere Studio Application Developer (WSAD).
Server Side: Servlets, JSP, JSF, Custom Tag Libraries, JNDI, Strut2.0, Hibernate, Spring 3.x, SOAP Web services, RESTful services, Apache Axis 2, EJB, ILog JRules 6.5, Log4J, SLF4J, Java Swing, Mule ESB, MuleSoft
Frameworks/ORM tools: Spring 4.0/3.0/2.5, Struts 2.3/1.1, Hibernate 4.0/3.3/2.5, MyBatis, Django, GWT 2.6.0
App Servers/ Middleware: WebSphere 8/7/6.1 (IBM WTX tool), Glassfish 3.1, Weblogic 10/9 /8.1, Tomcat 7.0/ 6.0, JRun 4.0, JBoss (Drools Rule Engine), Apache, Resin, Apache Axis, MQ, WMB, WESB
Database/Tools: JDBC, Oracle 11g, MySQL, MS SQL Server 2005, MongoDB, SQL Developer, Toad
Libraries and Tools: Ant, Maven, Jasper Reports, Jmeter, Jenkins
Development Processes: RUP, AGILE, Scrum, Waterfall
Design Patterns: Session Fa ade, Business Delegate, Front Controller, Service Locator, Singleton, Observer, DTO, DAO, MVC, Iterator, Factory, Abstract Factory
Version Control and others: SVN, PVCS, CVS, Mercurial, Perforce, Visual Source Safe (VSS), GIT, PUTTY, WinSCP, CMIS Workbench, BIRT, ActiveVOS
UML Tools: Rational Rose, MS Visio, StarUML
IDE / Programming Tools: Eclipse 2.1/3.7, RAD, Netbeans 7, Spring Tool Suite, MyEclipse 10
Operating System: Windows 10/8/7/XP/2000/NT, UNIX, Linux
Functional Domain: Banking, Financial, Airline, Healthcare, Insurance, eCommerce, Telecom
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Responsible for building the environments for pre-production and post-production environments.
- Using GWT 2.6.0 on a high level to build the applications having browser compatibility.
- Used UIBinder approach to bind the widgets from XML markups and also configured entry-point classes.
- Experienced in configuring the environment for new GWT projects using ANT as a build tool.
- Configured JSP’s to integrate GWT modules in it by using div tag ids and also used AngularJs in some modules in Single Page Application (SPA) architecture..
- Implemented MVP (Model View Presenter) pattern on a high level and implemented presenters such a way that the underlying skin can be replaceable in future.
- Configured Spring, Struts MVC framework, action, controller classes using annotations and used Tiles 2.0 framework to configure the templates.
- Configured and managed Jboss application server, Apache web server and Alfresco Content Manager.
- Configured JMS (Java Message Service) queues and topics in code using Oracle AQ (Advanced Queue)’s to manage the notifications to be sent to the customers.
- Using Oracle 11g database as backend, performed SQL queries on a high level to fetch user data.
- Coded SQL scripts for implementing backend tables design and loading the data into the database tables.
- Implemented Views, Materialized views for faster refreshing and also to improve the database performance.
- Coded Junit’s using mockito and GWT Mockito to perform the unit testing for presenters.
- Executed selenium test cases using Selenium IDE in Firefox as a pre-deployment and post-deployment steps during the code release.
- Used Tortioise HG as versioning tool and experienced with Mercurial HG as code repository.
- Experienced with integration tool TeamCity for building the DEV, UAT and PROD and build tools like ANT, Maven.
- Implemented Singleton, Factory, Decorator pattern for adding more functionality to the existing the asynchronous interfaces.
- Implemented session level cache to store the information to reduce number of hits to the web service and also to the database.
- Made code changes to pull the content from Alfresco Content Manager and configured the path to place the content.
- Used SOAP web service in submitting and fetching the data, have knowledge in configuring OSB (Oracle Service Bus) for staging the business service.
- Experienced with using SOAP UI 5.0 for verifying the web service response from the end-point.
- Used Fish Eye crucible as a code review tool, MyEclipse IDE for coding and SQL Devoloper as a database tool.
Confidential, Woonsocket, RI
JAVA / J2EE Full Stack Developer
- Analysis and Design of various modules using SOA and J2EE stack.
- Following Test Driven Development (TDD), Scrum concepts of the Agile Methodology to produce high Quality Software.
- Consumed WSDL provided by Web Service using SOAP protocol with JAX-WS API to communicate with external applications and vendors.
- Involved in developing Class diagrams in UML showing generalization and other relationships, Sequence diagram describing the interaction of objects over time.
- Used AJAX to implement some customizations which required dynamic behavior like controls dependent on user value selection on some other controls
- Worked on JBoss locally and Websphere 8.0 in higher environments.
- Deployed web and enterprise applications on Jboss application server in a channel secure environment.
- Configured Apache to proxy the backend Jboss domains over HTTPS for secured communication.
- Jboss configuration is done in thoroughly firewalled environment using TCP and also migrating the application from Web Sphere to Jboss.
- Implemented as well as exposed SOAP web services as per JAX-WS standards using Apache Axis.
- Developed an algorithm to match the user and service locations to determine the nearest service available.
- Implemented Spring MVC web application to search into the repository with the CMIS standards.
- Used Spring IOC, AOP for creating beans and transaction management and logging.
- Spring Controllers were used with Angular JS to route the control to desired Java services.
- Used Spring framework to autowire/inject components and also configure the batch jobs.
- Used Spring aspects for implementing cross cutting functionalities like Caching.
- Design and implementation of Spring-Security for the application for authentication process against LDAP, J2EE pre-authentication, and Database.
- Used JSON strings to transfer java object data to Angular JS and vice versa.
- MQ used as a middleware to implement the JMS framework.
- Used Multithreading to implement synchronization in transaction management.
- Used JMock, mockito frameworks for mocking to test the functionality of the application.
- Added an ESB-style integration frontend using Mule 3.5 and a distributed store-and-forward messaging fabric using ActiveMQ 4.1.1.
- Used Python for Server-side programming, to generate dynamic response over the Web and w rote python scripts to parse XML documents and load the data in database.
- Configured Hibernate objects as Spring Beans in the Spring Configuration File.
- Configured the Hibernate configuration files to persist the data to the Oracle 9i/10g Database.
- Created an XML configuration file for Hibernate and Database connectivity.
- Created connections to database using Hibernate session Factory, using Hibernate APIs to retrieve and store data to the database with Hibernate transaction control.
- Implemented persistence layer using various features of Hibernate framework like HQL queries, Criteria, projections etc.
- Designed test cases using Cucumber, Selenium webdriver and TestNG.
- Worked on Unix using the Putty for executing the shell scripts, setting up the project architecture and managing the deployment of the code
- Developed planes for integrating using Maven, Jenkins for continuous integration, JUnits to test the services.
- Used RSpec to create test driven development (TDD). Experience with all of the GEMS and libraries for this version of the ruby/rails.
- Experience in building the EAR’s using build tool Maven.
Confidential, Mooresville, NC
Sr. Java Developer
- Discussed various use-cases and process flows with Business Analysts/Users/Stakeholders, interacted with Business Analysts to come up with better implementation designs for the application as Confidential is an e-Commerce domain.
- Worked with business teams using Agile/ Scrum methodology to integrate business line of apps with SOA in a seamless fashion.
- Developed Web services to allow communication between the applications using Rest (JAX-RS) and SOAP (JAX-WS) Web services.
- Developed applications using REST based Webservices (axis2.0, JAX WS 2.0), Rule Engines (Drools 5.5.0), XML API and tools.
- Designed, developed and analyzed the front-end using HTML, CSS, JSP and Servlets.
- Involved in performance tuning the application deployed over Weblogic 11g 10.3.6, also involved in developing JUnits for testing the applications.
- Suggested effective procedures for development of web applications and portals according to business requirements.
- Re-designed the end-to-end mortgage business process, using leading-edge technologies in comprehensive component architecture, including web-portals (JBoss), web services, application servers, integration brokers, workflow automation, document management, and business-rule automation.
- Web components developed confirming to J2EE specs and used JMS for interacting Asynchronous notifications process.
- Used IBM MQ Series in the project
- Interacted with Business Analysts to come up with better implementation designs for the Application.
- Experienced with Java Multithreaded programming to develop multithreaded modules and applications.
- Implemented various Java design patterns like Front Controller, Singleton, Facade, Data Transfer objects (DTO), and Data access Object (DAO), Factory Pattern, Observer pattern etc.
- Implemented an enterprise service bus using Mule, Java (EJB3), Hibernate, and Spring to tie back-end business logic/systems with web properties via a corresponding RESTful API.
- Integrated Spring (Dependency Injection) among different layers of an application.
- Used Spring framework for dependency injection, transaction management.
- Used Spring MVC framework controllers for Controllers part of the MVC.
- Used GWT to create presentation layer using GWT widgets and event handlers .
- Implemented various complex PL/SQL queries.
- Implemented Hibernate for data persistence and involved in writing the Named queries, Criteria queries.
- Assisted Oracle DB development team in developing stored procedures and designing the database.
- Bottle micro-framework implemented with REST API and MongoDB (NoSQL) as back end database.
- Worked with Testers in resolving various defects in the application and was an integral Part of the team.
- JUnit Frameworks were used for performing unit and integration testing by writing test cases.
- Used Rational Rose as part of development of Rules and SVN as versioning system.
- Used Swing GUI in designing the layouts, windows using JFrame, JWindow etc.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Responsible for discussing and understanding the requirements received from the client and preparing design document with approach details for the implementation of the enhancement.
- Developed Web service modules based on SOA architecture to consume services.
- Developed Web services to allow communication between applications through RESTFUL Web Service.
- Developed producer and consumer RESTful web services component.
- Generating scala and java classes from the respective APIs so that they can be incorporated in the overall application.
- Writing entities in Scala and Java along with named queries to interact with database.
- Redesigned and implemented Scala REPL (read-evaluate-print-loop) to tightly integrate with other IDE features in Eclipse.
- Implemented design patterns in Scala for the application, developed quality code adhering to Scala coding Standards and best practices.
- Executed and managed standards and practices for rule-based development functions using jBoss Drools rule engine 5.4.0.
- Worked with WebLogic, Tomcat as the application servers and JMS as the message Server.
- Developing Portlets for JBoss Portal (using JSF and Portlet Bridge)
- Used Maven Cruise-Control for project builds.
- Provided additional server side and client side validations.
- Performed Design, involved in code reviews and wrote unit tests in Python.
- Designed and developed data management system using MySQL, built application logic using Python 2.7
- Extensively worked on persistence tier and distribution tier using Mule ESB, REST (JAX-RS), EJB, spring, JMS and hibernate frameworks.
- Explored and implemented mule MUNIT testing frame work.
- Integrated Spring (Dependency Injection) among different layers of an application and used Spring JDBC template (DAO) at DAO Layer.
- Implemented various Java design patterns like Front Controller, Service Locator, Business Delegate, and Data access Object, Factory Pattern, Session Façade, etc.
- Wrote Spring Configuration and Hibernate mapping XML files.
- Implemented Hibernate for data persistence in Workflow screens, JDBC for Non workflow screens, Alerts and batches.
- Implemented Java Persistence API (JPA) through Hibernate.
- Implemented various complex SQL queries.
- Used SQL Developer, TOAD, XML SPY, Ultra-Edit as tools in building the application.
- Used LDAP Authentication for single sign and authentication, logging and Validating User Credentials.
- Performed Clear Quest defects, Database change requests logging using Clear Quest.
- Used JIRA for the issues reported by the testing team.
- Developed various Junit test cases for Unit and Functional Testing respectively.
- Worked with Testers in resolving various defects in the application and was an integral part of the team.
- Involved in Tool analysis like iText jar and BIRT feasibility study for the application.
- Monitoring support for critical parameters of the ActiveVOS platform.
- Wrote Shell scripts for automatic server (we, application, database) startup/shutdown.
- Used Perforce as versioning system and RAD6, WSAD as IDE for development of the application.
Environment: Java 1.5, Core Java, Scala, Spring, Hibernate, JNDI, JSP, Servlets, JDBC, JMS, AJAX, HTML, XML, Apache Tomcat application server, Weblogic Application Server, Jboss, REST Web services, Apache Axis, Unix Shell Scripting, Log4J, JUnit, Maven, UML, Eclipse, DB2, Perforce, WSAD, SQL Developer, JPA, JIRA, BIRT, ActiveVOS, jBoss Drools rule engine 5.4.0, Mule 3.3.2.
Jr. Java Developer
- Analyzed and designed solutions for business needs in cooperation with various levels of business and IT personnel by understanding impacts to the technical environment.
- Design, develop and test of SOA services using SOA / Web Service.
- Written Shell scripts for platform specific jobs and creation of product images.
- Extensive experience in styling the web pages using CSS.
- Extensively used Action, Dispatch Action, Action Forms, Struts Tag libraries, Struts Configuration from Struts.
- Role based application monitoring and recording audit history, activity of different roles accessing the site.
- Implemented frames, window layouts using Swing.
- Deliver technical solutions utilizing defined technology stack.
- Design, implement and define components of the architecture strategy.
- Used JSF, Struts 2 with WebWork framework for highly interactive and graphic user interface.
- Developed utility components for import and export of employee list in MS excel file.
- Developed search and database utility classes.
- Parsing XML files using DOM parser and pumped the data into the database.
- Implement JUnit test cases for Struts/Spring components