Devops Engineer Resume
- 8 years of IT industry experience into DevOps, AWS cloud, JAVA/J2EE, Continuous Integration,
- Configuration Management, Build, Deploy and Release management, Agile methodologies, VMware.
- Experience in various stages of software deployment life cycle including requirements analysis, design, development, deployment and testing of various business applications.
- Expertise in automating builds and deployment process using Bash, Python and Shell scripts with focus on DevOps tools, AWS Cloud Architecture.
- Worked in different software development life cycles using the Waterfall, Agile methodologies and have great experience with the tools like GITHUB, Subversion (SVN).
- Expertise in implementing DevOps culture through CI/CD tools like Repos, Code Pipeline, Maven, and configuration management tools like Chef.
- Setup up and maintenance of automated environment using basic Chef recipes & cookbooks and mostly on
- Puppet manifest and modules within AWS environment.
- Experience with an in - depth level of understanding in the strategy and practical implementation of AWS Cloud-Specific technologies including EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, EMR, ECS, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, RedShift, Lambda, SNS, Dynamo DB.
- Experience on performing tasks like Branching, Tagging, and Release Activities on Version Control Tools like SVN, GIT.
- Engineered Splunk to build, configure and maintain heterogeneous environments and in-depth knowledge of log analysis generated by various systems including security products.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins Freestyle and pipeline jobs for end-to-end automation to build, test and deliver artifacts and Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Written several cookbooks in Chef to automate the environment provisioning, Middleware Infrastructure Installations.
- Experienced in troubleshooting and automated deployment to web end application servers like Tomcat.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & jar from source code.
- Ability to work as team or individually, ability to learn new technologies quickly, good interaction with developers, managers and team members to coordinated job tasks and strong commitment to work.
Frameworks: MVC, Spring3.0/4.0, Hibernate 3.x, JPA, AngularJsDatabases: Oracle11g, MySQL, Pl/SQL, IBM DB2, SQL Server
Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7/8, Unix, MS-DOS
IDEs & Tools: Maven, JBuilder, Junit, Oracle SQL Developer, Tortoise SVN, SOAP UI, Tortoise CVS, WinSCP, Jenkins, AWS, Maven
Version Control: GIT, SVN, CVS
Design Methodologies: Design Patterns, SOA, Rational Rose, MS Visio
Testing Tools: Mockito, Junit4, Selenium
Protocols: REST, HTTPS, FTP, TCP/IP
Confidential, Sterling, VA
- Actively involved in analysis of the system requirements specifications and involved in client interaction during requirements specifications.
- Used the BDD approach and Scrum framework in the application for AGILE development.
- Performed build and deployment of Java based APIs to cloud servers using automated CI/CD pipeline.
- Used terraform scripts to spin stacks on AWS servers using Jenkins as CI/CD tool Used Maven as a build tool integrated with Jenkins to build applications from one environment to others including dev, QA, Perf and Prod.
- Supported AWS cloud instances & managed and configured various AWS products Designed numerous Cloud Formation Templates to create EC2 instances, RDS, Cloud Watch, S3, ELB, Auto-Scaling groups, Route53 record sets and other services on AWS.
- Designed Cloud formation templates for launching complete application stack for non-prod and prod stacks with auto scaling feature.
- Implemented and set up Route53 record set AWS service for DNS assignment to Alias(ELB) and Cname(RDS) types resources.
- Wrote various cookbooks and recipes to support APIs deployment using Chef as an Infrastructural Automation tool.
- Directed and supported feature teams and Release managers for successful deployment and code changes in production.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes and associated scripts/tools for automated build, testing and deployment of the products on AWS servers.
- Performed POC on Docker, to create an environment in the AWS using Containers.
- Fixing the bugs and tickets filed by quality assurance and product management team.
- Participated actively in unit testing, integration testing and acceptance testing of the system.
Environment: CentOS, Linux, Ubuntu, AWS, HP, GIT, GitHub, Jenkins, docker, Java APIs, Chef, Ant, Maven, Shell script, Apache Tomcat.
- Involved in analysis, specification, design and implementation and testing phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Application is implemented using Agile methodology where there is a daily SCRUM meeting to understand the status and resolve any issues.
- DevOps Engineer for teams that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Responsible to pull the new code based on baselines, branching, and merging by label or tagging and
- Extensive exposure to Configuration Management policies and practices with regards to SDLC; along with automation of scripting using BASH/Shell, Perl scripting.
- Created a Release and Software Configuration Management process including setting up and implementing branching, checking, build and deployment process.
- Developed the automated build and deployment using Maven and Jenkins using Tomcat as the application server.
- Planned and released schedules with Agile methodology & coordinated releases with engineering & SQA for timely delivery.
- Ensured that the standards of Build and Deploy Management including configuration identification, change control, build management, process management, and environment management are implemented, maintained and improved as required by business conditions.
- Created, uploaded new cookbooks and recipes, and scheduling the Chef Nodes convergence using Linux Cron jobs.
- Worked on Chef in Production environment over 20 servers.
- Work with product development to resolve build-related issues in all projects provided support for Application issues.
- Implemented zero downtime deployment process in WebLogic using python and shell script and automated it is using Jenkins.
Environment: CentOS, Linux, Ubuntu, HP, GIT, GitHub, Jenkins, SVN, Chef, Python, Jira, Tomcat, Ant, Maven, Shell script, Apache Tomcat.
Confidential, Ann Arbor, MI
Build and Release Engineer
- Responsible for the management and continuous improvement of the release process for internal and external web applications.
- Build, manage, and continuously improved the build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure anddeployment tools.
- Experienced in Testing/Development/Automation in a DevOps role on an Agile project team for the API Gateway.
- Provided Manual, Continuous Integration, Gated Check-in and Schedule builds (along with the option to force builds on that schedule even if no changes occurred since the last builds).
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according the Agile process.
- Management of customer requirements and documentation of the Project Plan as per the requirements.
- Extensively worked with version control systems like CVS, SVN and Git.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT and Shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant's build.xml.
- Developed Continuous Integration, Nightly and On-demand build system from scratch with Jenkins, ANTand Maven.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Developed build and Deployment Scripts using ANT and Maven as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Continuous Delivery is being enabled through Deployment into several environments of Test, QA, Stress and Production using Jenkins.
- Hands on experience in automating builds and deployment process using Shell scripting.
- Deployed and maintained Chef role-based application servers, including Apache Tomcat.
- Wrote various cookbooks and recipes to support APIs deployment using Chef as an Infrastructural Automation tool.
- Created deployment tickets using JIRA for build deployment in Production.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performed releases with the Maven release plugin, and managed artifacts in NEXUS repository.
Environment: GIT, GitHub, Jenkins, Chef, Python, Linux, Nexus, Tomcat, Ant, Maven, Jira, Shell script, Apache Tomcat.
- Designing the applications using J2EE best practices and Java and J2EE design patterns.
- Designing XML schemas for the application.
- Used AJAX, JS, JSON, jQuery component integration and developed Rich UI web application.
- Development of server-side layer using XML, XSD, SOAP, JDBC, JDK, JNDI, EJB and DAO patterns using Eclipse IDE.
- Extensively involved with end users in functional discussions, business review meetings, requirement gathering.
- Developed Web Services clients using AXIS framework. SCRUM development.
- Worked on SQL, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Indexes/performance, Batched on SQL on Oracle.
- Involved in production support, monitoring server and error logs and Foreseeing the Potential Issues, and escalating to the higher levels.
- Used Hudson for build and release management.
Jr Java Developer
- Involved in all the phases of the life cycle of the project from requirements gathering to quality assurance testing.
- Designed dashboard for the project.
- Developed Class diagrams, Sequence diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Implemented UI screens using LeafletJs.
- Implemented Validator Utilities that handles all validations using JSF.
- Expertise in writing Java Web services and Mule ESB configurations.
- Wrote code to generate data dynamically from Web services using GeoJSON response and updating the HTML pages.
- Used PostgreSQL for retrieving, inserting, updating and deleting data.
- Implemented J2EE design patterns like Singleton Pattern with Factory Pattern.
- Extensively involved in the creation of Session Beans and MDB, using EJB 3.0.
- Developed Java Beans to handle business logic as a Model and Servlets to control the flow of applications as controller using Hibernate annotations.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes