- Over 7+ years of IT Industry experience with Configuration Management, Build, Release Management and Quality Assurance using CVS, Subversion, GIT, Mercurial & Clear Quest on UNIX and Windows environment.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), CVS and GIT on UNIX and Windows environments.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Skilled at leading teams mentoring team members, establishing lightweight software configuration.
- Experience in Linux system administration, DevOps, AWS Cloud platform and its features.
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud services, Storage Accounts and Virtual Networks
- Experienced in Provisioning of IAAS & PAAS Virtual Machines and Web\Worker roles on Microsoft Azure Classic and Azure Resource Manager.
- Hands on experience in Configuring Internal Load Balancing for SQL Always ON and IIS for Azure IAAS VMs.
- Experienced in Reconfiguring, Recreating and troubleshooting issues for the VMs in Azure
- Experienced in Moving VMs between the Azure Subscriptions and between Hosted Services within the same subscription and between Vnet’s
- Knowledge or Understanding of Express Route, Network Security Groups, Storage Accounts and Storage Explorer and Azure Architecture.
- Installed and Configured Splunk Agent and Azure Appinsights for the Azure VMs
- Hands on experience on applying security patches to Azure IAAS VMs using Shavlik Patching Tool
- Expertise in Installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of Windows Servers, Hyper - V Virtual Machines and Microsoft Azure instances.
- Work with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation.
- Strong knowledge on source controller concepts like Branches, Merges and Tags.
- Extensive experience in the design and implementation of Continuous Integration, Continuous delivery, Continuous Deployment and Devops processes for agile projects.
- Working with technologies and platforms including Java, Jenkins, SVN, Git, Oracle, Unix/Linux,Windows, VM Ware, Docker, Swarm and Aurora Docker, vagrant, Puppet, AWS across the Financial, broadcast and financial sectors.
- Experience with configuration and maintenance of automation tools like Puppet, Ansible and Chef.
- Created and deployed a tool to automate branch and project creation in SVN using Perl, Chef and puppet scripts.
- Experience working with AWS Cloud computing and involved in creating AWS instances and deployed Linux and Red-hat on AWS environment and expertise in migrating applications on to AWS.
- Experience working on Microsoft Azure Cloud services and visual studio team services.
- Experience in automating the build and release activities and configuration management using windows power shell.
- Hands on experience on both Microsoft classic management portal as well as Windows Azure management portal.
- Experience working on Microsoft azure storage explorer to manage HD Insights
- Have excellent logical, analytical & debugging skills.
- Efficient in working closely with teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds and releases.
- Worked in distributed development bases build and release systems within stipulated SLAs and OLAs
- Closely worked with Developers and Analysts to address project requirements. Able to effectively manage time and prioritize multiple projects.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Experience in working on source controller tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT and IBM Clear case, concepts like Branches, Merges and Tags.
- Experience in software build tools like Apache Maven, Apache Ant to write Pom.xml and Build.xml respectively.
- Worked and utilized Puppet hierarchy files, facts, and global variables, Created Custom as well as downloaded pre-written Modules and Manifests.
Languages: C, C#, Java, J2EE
Scripting: Ruby, Python, Unix Shell scripting, Perl scripting, XML.
Area of Work: Release management, Deployment/Migrations, Environment management, Continuous Integration, Configuration Management, Production Support.
Database: SQL Oracle, MySQL, Mongo DB, Terradata .
Cloud services: AWS, Azure, Rack space.
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform.
CI Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Teamcity, Bamboo, Atlassian Suite Stash, Anthill Pro, UDeploy, X Deploy.
Management Tools: JIRA, Remedy, Service Now, Confluence.
Virtualization Tools: VMware, vSphere, Oracle Virtual box, VMware Workstation.
Networking: : TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, VPN, DHCP, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP, VMware nexus switch, IP Networking, F5 load balancer.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, log stash, Stack driver, Graphite, AWS cloud watch, SPLUNK.
Version Control Tools: Subversion, Git/Stash, ClearCase, TFS, GIT, GIT Hub, SVN, Perforce, CVS, Harvest.
Web Service Tools: Web Logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, IntelliJ IDEA, Oracle Web logic, IBM Web sphere, IIS, Server
Bug tracker &Testing: JIRA, Bugzilla, Redmine, J unit, J Meter Test Flight, Test Rail, Selenium
Build Tools & Container Services: Ant,Maven,Perforce,Mercurial,Docker, Swarm,Kubernetes,Mesos,Marathon.
Confidential, Tempe, AZ
- Integrated Ant and maven with TFS source control to automatically trigger Builds and publish results back to TFS.
- Creates build and release definitions for software delivery on Visual Studio.
- Writes scripts to execute and support deployment activities, using Power Shell to automate the deployment and ARM (Azure resource management) Templates to Provision the resources on Azure portal.
- Installing Teamcity on Linux machine to create a master-slave configuration and implementing multiple parallel builds through build farm.
- Writing scripts that achieve the complete deployments of DEV, QA and Production environments via Chef.
- Configured the Chef Workstation with Chefdk, Chef-Client and Chef - Nodes.
- I used workstation to test Cookbooks using the tools such as Test Kitchen and interact with server using Knife and chef command line tools.
- Develop multiple CHEF cookbooks, Chefspec, Berkshelf, Kitchen, Chef Compliance, recipes and Roles, Ansible playbooks to automate the deployment of the applications to different Prod/ QA Environments.
- Accomplished builds and deploys in Dev, Itest, QA and staging by Creating ANT, Perl & UNIX scripts
- Used Azure, Ansible, Python Script to generate inventory and push the deployments.
- Building servers through Azure Resource Manager Templates or Azure Portal.
- Migrating an On-premises virtual machine to Azure Resource Manager Subscription.
- Virtual Machine Backup and Recover from a Recovery Services Vault using Azure PowerShell and Portal.
- Responsible for configuring alerts in Azure Appinsights for monitoring and troubleshooting Azure resources.
- Verifying Network Bandwidth from On-Premises to Azure Virtual Machines.
- Add/Remove Storage Disks for Azure VMs.
- Security Patching on the Azure IAAS VMs through the Shavlik Patching Tool.
- Use the Azure portal, arm templates and PowerShell to create the infrastructure for the Paas/Iaas applications.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects and environments.
- Used JIRA as change management and bug tracking tool.
- Built, configured and supported Application team environments.
- Established processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes.
- Maintained the entire Linux environment.
- Provisioning GIT and SVN configuration management environment for different developer teams.
- Worked with developers and QA engineers on release process and supported them in making various builds in certain environments.
- Created run books for each application to help the release management team for successful deployments.
- Installed Chef and created POC for using Chef as configuration management tool and orchestration.
- Used ServiceNow tool to create change requests and service requests.
Environment: SVN, GIT, ANT, Maven, Teamcity, Nexus, Chef,Ansible,UNIX, WebLogic server, Azure ,Shell Scripts, Perl Scripts, Service now
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
DevOps / Build & Release Engineer
- Design and Implementation of virtualization solutions based on VMwarevSphereESXi 5.5 and 6,Vcenter and Vblockseries.
- Managing Windows systems, including Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2
- Migrated VMware VMs from on premise to AWS cloud and migrated applications using AWS services like EC2, S3 Bucket, Route53, ELB, EBS and monitored scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) &configuration management.
- Experienced in Amazon EC2 setting up instances, virtual private cloud (VPC)and security groups and Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Setup Elastic Load Balancer(ELB) for distributing traffic among multiple Web Logic servers and Involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon Web Services(AWS) using EC2, S3 and EBS.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloudwatch / Splunk .
- Knowledge of application deployment and data migration on AWS (Cloud formation, Cloud Front).
- Created Python Scripts to Automate AWS services which include web servers, ELB, Cloudfront Distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration.
- Automated the weekly deployments utilizing CI tool Jenkins. Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Used ANT, Puppet, Docker scripts with Ivy to build the application and deploy Puppet, puppet dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Branching and merging code lines in the GIT and resolved all the conflicts raised during the merge.
- Regularly monitoring application server instances using Nagios, Dynatrace and Blue stripe
- Maintaining the Nexusartifact repository and moving the builds to it using Jenkins interface.
- Worked on Puppet Master and Puppet Agents. Defined Puppet Master and Puppet Agents to manage and configure nodes
- Managed Ubuntu Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Puppetand wrotepuppet manifests for apache installation and configuration as well as for various deployments.
- Maintained and enhanced existing Puppet modules to be deployed across various providers and deployment architectures and troubleshoot,event inspection and reporting of various Puppet issues and starting/restarting of Puppet enterprise services.
- Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Upgradation or Migration of Puppet community and Puppet Enterprise.
- Create Puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations. Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloudwatch.
- Hands on experience with the AWS CLI and SDKs/API tools like AWS API for Puppet.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI’s .
- Implemented Docker -maven-plugin in and mavenpom to build Docker images for all microservices and later used Docker file to build the Docker images from the java jar files.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm. Worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images.
- Linux kernel, memory upgrades and swapsarea. Red hat Linux Kickstart Installation.
- Created users, manage user permissions, maintain User & File System quota on Redhat Linux.
- Script writing by using Shell (Korn& BASH) and knowledge skills in ANT and Perl.
- Create, maintain and customize complex JIRA project configurations including workflows, custom fields, permissions and notifications.
- Team activities other than work related, in the process of Initiation and encouragement were done.
Environment: EC2, EBS, IAM, S3, ELB, Puppet, Nagios, Docker, of DNS, LDAP, NFS, MySQL, Mongo DB and PostgreSQL, LVM, Apache Web Server and SSL, Apache Web Server, Jenkins, GIT, MAVEN, Bash and Perl scripting, VMware and ESX servers,Nagios, Python, JIRA,JBoss 4.2.x, 5.x, Oracle DB.
Confidential, Salem, NH
Cloud/Build and Release Engineer
- Knowledge of application deployment and data migration on AWS (Cloud formation, Cloud Front).
- Plan, deploy, monitor, and maintain Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes and VMWare are Vm's as required in the environment.
- Involved in designing and deploying a multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, ELB, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling inAWS Cloud formation.
- Involved in improvement of CI/CD(Continuous Integration /Continuous Delivery)Software Release Management strategies for various applications.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Involved in conversion of the source code from the SVN to GIT. Worked closely with other CM teams, which was migrating from SVN to GIT. Helped them in the CM Planning and Build/Deploy processes.
- Managing GIT version control system in creating branches, tags, merge, resolving conflicts
- Used the continuous integration tool Jenkins to automate the daily processes.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository (NexusArtifactory) and Deployed the EARs and WARs in TOMCAT Application server using ANT script as a CI/CD Process.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code. Develop and maintain ANT (build.xml) and Maven (pom.xml) scripts
- Enabled Continuous Delivery through Deployment into several environments of Development, Test and Production using Maven and Sonarqube.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Worked on Configuration Management ToolChef& created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations. Server automation with Chef and used tools like Maven for deployment and build management.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning in instances created in Open Stack cloud through Chef Recipes.
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server.
- Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/ Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3&ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Setting up the new build environment for various products in Linux environment implemented the Release practice and responsible for pushing builds into DEV/ QA / SIT / UAT.
- Troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as Iptables, firewall, TCP wrappers.
- Upgraded and Migrated to JIRA from Clear Quest and Implemented JIRA with MAVEN release plug-in for tracking bugs and defects.
- Regularly monitoring application server instances using Nagios, Dynatrace and Blue stripe
- Experienced in troubleshooting and automated deployment to web and application servers like WebSphere, IIS, Apache, WebLogic, JBOSS andTomcat.
Environment: Redhat Linux 5 /6, AWS, Jenkins,GIT, SVN, CI/CD, JIRA, MAVEN,ANT, CHEF, crontab, Nagios, Dynatrace, TomcatApplication Server, apache web servers, WebSphere, IIS, Apache, WebLogic, JBOSS.
- Installing, configuring and updating Red Hat Linux 3/4/5 and CentOS on HP ProLiant /Dell servers using kickstart& support for various applications run on Linux environment, configuration, performance tuning, patching and maintenance. Monitoring, analyzing, and responding to security events utilizing security event management and reporting tools.
- Worked with outside vendors on implementation of network switches, load balancers and traffic generators within the existing configuration, the setup and implementation of new configurations and integration of new technology on HP ProLiant /Dell servers.
- Developed automated processes that run daily to check disk usage and perform cleanup of file systems on UNIX environments using shell scripting and CRON.
- Administration in VERITAS Volume Manager and VERITASCluster Server and Maintaining DNS, Network File Services (NFS), and DHCP, printing, mail, web, and FTP services for the enterprise.
- Performed tasks on F5 load balancer like installing and renewing SSL certificates and bouncing servers with performance issues after taking them out of the server pools.
- Configured LDAP clients on server test and troubleshoot for maintaining network and data security
- Scanning the newly assigned LUNs to the serves and assigning them to volume group and increasing the file system using Red Hat volume manager.
- Installation and support of VMWARE ESX/ESXi 3.5/4.x/5.x server which hosts the virtual servers for the test/dev/staging environment.
- Installation, configuration and support VMware vSphere including networking and storage configurations, Vcenter 4/5, Update Manager, and Administering VM's across 3 Datacenters running 1800+ VM's.
- Implemented Vcenter Operations supervisor and configured the infrastructure and integrated into the environment. Installation, Configuration, Maintenance and Administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4/5/6 and SUSE Enterprise Linux.
- Build, configure Virtual Machines and templates and building, deploying the Virtual Machines from thosetemplates in Vcenter and Configured the machines accordingly
- Scheduled tasks for VMotion and Storage VMotion of VM's and managed snapshots prior to planned patch install or upgrade.
- Taking care of Physical-to-Virtual (P2V), Virtual-to-Virtual (V2V) and Virtual-to-Physical (V2P) migration of Windows NT, 2000, 2003, 2008, and 2012 from VMware and legacy hardware.
- Configured, maintained, applied changes and fail-over schedules of HA servers running Veritas Cluster Server and Redhat Cluster Server.
- Performance tuning for VMware ESXi hosts and Virtual Machine, setting up their CPU affinity rules, allocating resources and fine-tuning storage
- Connecting and configuring SAN and NAS storage into the ESXi and Hyper-V servers
- Creating NTFS shares on Windows Servers and provide permissions to users.
- Installation, configuration of MySQL which includes creating database tables, updating table entries
- Installed WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat and Apache Web server binaries for different versions and related components across all environments.
- Worked on upgrading the environment from WebLogic 8.1/9.2 to 10.0MP2 to 10.3, JBoss 4.x to 5.x and Tomcat 4.x to 5x/6x.
Environment: Redhat Enterprise Linux 4.x, SUSE Enterprise Linux, YUM, NIS, DHCP and DNS, VERITAS, VMWARE ESX/ESXi 3.5/4.x/5.x, VMware vSphere, Vcenter 4/5, VMotion, HA, templates, snapshots, Hyper-V servers, SAN, NAS, MySQL, apache, ftp, ssh, Apache, Tomcat, Web sphere.
Windows System Administrator
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of Windows 2003/2000 servers in LAN and WAN environments.
- Responsible for the implementation of Active Directory Services, security, access control, site replication and Multi Domain forests architecture on the Windows 2003/2000 server.
- Troubleshoot Authentication and connectivity problems, Windows 2003 Active Directory Domain with redundant domain controllers.
- Active Directory design, implementation and administration. Volume management, System security, Monitoring and Optimization. Windows 2003 domain design and administration, Terminal Server, Systems Backup.
- Installed, configured and managed SMS 2003 and Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM).
- Configuring and managing Windows Server Update Service (WSUS) for server and client patch management.
- Designing and implementing a secure network, by creating users and groups, authentication - policies, restricting users from gaining access to information.
- Configured and Managed VMWARE ESX 3.0 Server technology for managing windows based network environment. Responsible for consolidating the application servers to Single Server by using VMWARE ESX server 3.0.
- Accountable for the operation of the following back-end services like DNS, DHCP, FTP, SFTP, IP-Routing, VPN and domain security policy on Windows based infrastructure.
- Provided technical support, which includes maintaining LAN & WAN connectivity and other required services on windows 2000 professional, XP, Vista and Windows 2003 series.
- Ensured enterprise security compliance via the planning and deployment of Group Policies.
- Actively maintained optimum network operations by utilizing SolarWinds network management tools.
- Deployed wireless network functionality using Cisco Wireless Access Points integrated with Windows Active Directory for authentication.
- Coordinated the installation and upgrades of network hardware and software following corporate standard operating procedures. Assisted the team with research on complex technical issues, prepared and submitted recommendations to IT management for resolution an collaborated with technical solution.
- Ensure all daily, weekly and monthly management and maintenance tasks are executed as per the standard operating procedures.
- Configured and administered the enterprise Anti-virus, anti-spam and packet filtering solutions using Symantec Antivirus corporate edition.
- Configured Volume Management using Veritas Volume Manager.
- Create/ modify VLANs and assign/change VLANS to switch ports, create/ modify Access Control Lists, Allocate IP addresses for Servers.
- Troubleshoot extensive problems related to performance, installations for software and hardware in production environment as and when required.
Environment: Windows Server 2003/ 2000, Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM), VMWARE ESX 3.0/4.0 Server, Exchange 2000, MS Outlook XP/ 2000, Active Directory Services, SMS 3.0, IIS 4.0, DNS, DHCP, WINS, HP Proliant Servers, Dell power edge servers, Dell dimension, CISCO routers 3600, 2801, 2620, 2610, Cisco Cat 4506, 4507, 6506 and 6513 switches, Nokia Check Point 3210.