- 13 years of IT experience in Software Development for various industry domains that include Financial/Investment Banking, HR and Payroll, Health Insurance and Telecom.
- Cloudera Certified Hadoop Developer (CCD 410) with proficiency in developing and implementing Hadoop ecosystem components to work with Big Data.
- Certified Java Programmer & Web Component Developer with hands on experience in implementing the Object Oriented Programming concepts and methodologies.
- Hands on experience in developing, implementing and configuring Hadoop ecosystem: CDH 5, HDFS, Spark batch, Spark Streaming, MapReduce, YARN, AVRO, Hive, Pig, HBase, Oozie, Sqoop, Flume.
- Expertise in design and development of Spark batch, Spark streaming in Java to process and analyze large volume of data.
- Experience in configuring Kafka brokers, topics, partitions and replication factor on multi - node cluster.
- Designed and developed MapReduce programs, Oozie workflows/coordinator jobs, Hive queries, and Pig scripts to preprocess and analyze large volume of data sets.
- Experience in Sqoop import and export data sets from RDBMS systems/mainframe to HDFS and vice-versa.
- Expertise on Hadoop architecture and daemons such as Job Tracker, Task Trackers, YARN Resource Manager, Application Master and HDFS Name Node, Data Nodes.
- Experience working with Hadoop in stand-alone, pseudo and distributed modes.
- Excellent experience in ETL analysis, designing, developing, testing and implementing the ETL processes from Stellent Content Manager and IBM Content Manager.
- Proficient in Data Modeling concepts and expertise in writing complex SQL queries, Store Procedures for major Relational Databases like DB2, Oracle and My SQL.
- Designed and Developed web based enterprise applications on multi clustered environments like IBM WebSphere 7.x & WebLogic Application Servers and Tomcat web servers.
- Contributed immensely to the design and development of MVC and ORM framework based applications using JSF, Spring MVC, Struts, Hibernate and iBatis.
- Excellent work experience in SOA development using SOAP and RESTful Web Services.
- Implemented J2EE applications on UNIX platform and hands on experience in creating shell scripts on AIX/UNIX for the Cronjob setup and executions.
- Adopted J2EE best practices by implementing GOF design patterns like MVC, Service Locator, Business Delegate, Front Controller, Session Façade, DAO, DTO and Value Object.
- Expertise in using multiple IDEs like WID 6.x, RAD 7.x, Eclipse and proficient in configuration tools like Microsoft VSS, CVS, Rational Clear Case, SVN (Sub Version), Harvest.
- Worked in software development methodologies like Agile/SCRUM and Waterfall.
- A passionate software professional with the ability to work under pressure and manage (Multiple) projects with changing priorities and tight deadlines and can work either independently or as a part of a team.
Big Data Ecosystems: Hadoop, HDFS, Spark Batch, Spark Streaming, MapReduce, YARN, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Oozie, HBase, Avro, Flume
Java Technologies & Framework: Java/J2SE 1.6, 1.7, J2EE, Servlets/JSP, Java Server Faces (JSF), Spring 2.x, 3.0, Hibernate, iBatis, Struts 1.x,2.0, Log4j, JUnit, Xstream 1.2
Messaging Brokers: Kafka 1.0, IBM Message Broker v7, Message Queue v7
Web Services: SOAP/Big Web Services, JAX-WS, JAX RPC, WSDL, UDDI, XML, XSD, XSL
Languages: Java/JSE 1.6, 1.7, SQL, PL/SQL
IDE Tools: Eclipse 3.1,RAD 7.4, WID 6.x, RSA 7.0
Databases: NoSQL (HBase), Oracle 11, IBM DB2 and MySQL
Design Methodologies: UML, SCRUM
Version Control Tools: CVS, Clear Case, Subversion (SVN), CCC/Harvest
Operating Systems: Windows XP/2000/NT/98, UNIX, AIX
O/R Mapping: Hibernate 3.0, JPA, iBatis
Confidential, Roseland, New Jersey
Sr. Big Data Developer
- Designed and implemented Confidential 'S Next Generation Real time data processing framework using Hadoop Eco system tools like Spark streaming and Golden gate, Kafka, Java, JPA.
- Designed and developed Spark streaming framework to stream millions of messages from the Golden Gate-to-Kafka servers to the target Data Base.
- Worked closely with Dev ops team to configure Kafka brokers, topics, partitions, replication factor for various applications like WFN, ETIME and VANTAGE.
- Utilized Spark Streaming to extract and process data by parsing RDDs with transformations and actions.
- Developed Java based Joblets that are responsible to handle the data transformation of the Kafka messages before loading to the target data base.
- Responsible for creating and developing the source to target data sources mapping, creating JPA entities and loading the data.
- Designed the architecture of the configuration based ETL processing from various data sources.
- Developed XML based configuration framework to process the data using XML, JAXB, Java and Spark streaming.
- Designed and developed Monitoring tool and scheduled respective jobs to validate data streaming.
- Optimize data processing performance and fine-tune the application for better and accurate ETL processing to achieve 100% matching results between source and target.
- Co-ordinate with Data team to integrate stored procedures with the Spark streaming data processing.
- Organize meetings and coordinate with business owners to fetch the requirements for the ETL data processing.
- Provide technical support and consultation for Java Applications and Infrastructure questions.
- Create Excel bases test cases to unit test the data transformation and loading process.
- Pulled stream data from Apache Kafka brokers to consumers using Spark Streaming.
Environment: Spark 1.6.2, Spark Streaming, Kafka 1.0, Java/J2EE 1.7, JPA Eclipse link, Oracle Golden Gate 11, Oracle 11, Kafka tool, Scala 2.11.x, JUnit, Agile, Confluence, GIT Hub, Gradle, Rally
Confidential - New York City, NY
- Responsible for building scalable distributed data analytic solutions using Hadoop.
- Created Hive scripts to store data and performed analysis on data using Hive queries.
- Created Hive Internal and External tables to load data from DB2 database.
- Implemented Partitions and Buckets in Hive for efficient data access.
- Developed MapReduce jobs to process the master Avro data set as per the BI requirement.
- Implemented Avro serialization to process the raw data for generating the master Avro file.
- Written Pig Latin scripts to filter and transform the raw data for data analytics.
- Implemented Side data distribution using Distributed Caching mechanism in MapReduce job.
- Designed and developed custom filters, Hadoop writable types and counters as part of the MapReduce jobs.
- Designed and implemented Oozie workflow and coordinator jobs to automate different data analytics.
- Written shell scripts for execution of file ingestion & Oozie coordinator jobs.
- Responsible for Sqoop import of historical data from IBM AS400 DB2 database to HDFS.
- Exported the analyzed HDFS data to SQL Server Database using Sqoop for business reports.
- Created MapReduce custom partitioners and in-mapper combiners for performance tune up.
- Developed MapReduce jobs for analyzing application logs, IVR logs and historical data.
- Defect analysis and fixing in all environments, including Production.
- Trained and guided the UPS (Database) team on Hadoop framework, HDFS and MapReduce concepts.
Environment: Java, Hadoop CDH4, HDFS, MapReduce, Avro, Oozie, Sqoop, Hive, IBM AS400 DB2, SQL Server, UNIX, Shell scripting
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ
- Used Flume to collect data sets from various sources like Twitter, Wikipedia, etc.
- Worked with Big Data Analysts and architects in troubleshooting issues with Sqoop, Hive, Pig, and Flume.
- Involved in importing data to HDFS from DB2 and Oracle database using Apache Sqoop.
- Written Pig scripts to filter the raw data preparing to be used for the analysis.
- Developed MapReduce jobs to preprocess and analyze the data sets.
- Designed proof of concept on Hadoop MapReduce, Hive and Pig; demonstrated the same to the Confidential team.
- Worked on the proof-of-concept for Apache Hadoop framework initiation on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Created Hive internal and external tables to load data from DB2 database.
- Create and execute the Hive queries for data analytics as per the business requirement.
- Used Oozie job scheduler to automate the job flows.
- Defect analysis and fixing in all the environments (Dev and Prod)
- Served as a primary technical liaison with the vendors and facilitate support and troubleshooting.
Environment: Java, AWS, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, DB2, Cloudera Manager, Flume, Oozie.
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ
Java Lead Developer
- Lead a team of 4 members while handling the following responsibilities:
- Developed bottom up SOAP Web Services, exposed EJB Session Beans as web services to Confidential for Confidential check processing.
- Designed and developed the Spring Batch module to process the Confidential checks and transfer of the checks metadata to the Confidential .
- Performed POC and successfully created wrapper implementations to expose the Struts action classes as JAXWS SOAP Web Services (Axis WS).
- Designed and developed ETL multi-threading process to extract commercial documents from IBM Content Management server and transferred (SFTP) the same to TYCO team.
- Involved in setting up the SOAP web services security with VeriSign to configure the SSL, certificate, public-key, private-key (key/trust store) using IBM iKeyman tool.
- Single point of contact for all the Confidential - Confidential check processing related issues.
- Created the object-OR mapping for a complex table structure that has composite primary key fields.
- Created end to end OR mapping and DAO-DAO Implementation to access/retrieve the data using Named Query, Native Query in Hibernate JPA.
- Implemented Hibernate OR mapping for the composite primary key using EmbeddedId and Embeddable annotations.
- Implemented Stored Procedures accessing/invocation in Hibernate JPA.
- Implemented Spring core inversion of control to inject the client objects needed to interact with content management server and service layer.
- Implemented Spring AOP for capturing the performance measurements in the application.
- Involved in DB2 to Oracle migration project, made required changes in SQL queries that are DB2 incompatible with Oracle.
- Created UNIX shell scripts to invoke the services code for generating the reports.
- For Document Management application: Implemented MVC architecture by designing and developing JSR 168/286 portlets in combination with Java Server Faces (JSF).
- Developed multiple portlet modes such as VIEW, EDIT, etc. as per the business requirements.
- Implemented inter portlet communication (IPC) to exchange the properties between multiple portlets.
- Developed individual module to access online Confidential timely reports using DOJO Enhanced Grid with Struts 2 returning JSON data.
- Developed client programs to interact with DB2 Content Management system from portal.
- Worked closely with admin team to configure portal server with LDAP and external security manager.
Environment: Java 1.5, J2EE, JSR168 Portlets, JSF, JQuery, WebSphere Portal 7.0 and Process Server, DB2 migrated to Oracle, Spring, Hibernate, XML, Web Services; Multiscreen Application: Struts 2, REST web services, DOJO, JSON, Oracle.
Confidential, South Lake, TX
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Responsible to manage/lead the off shore team of 5 members.
- Handle daily status calls with FIC, India - delegate the new tasks and guide them in solving the critical issues.
- Designed and developed the Pagination scenario in the application.
- Responsible for implementing the Junit test cases using Jmock, EasyMock and Spring mock objects to mock the service layer objects.
- Responsible for configuration of Data source and JNDI in the Web Sphere server.
- Developed web services to interface business layer and responsible for integrating the presentation layer with the web services.
- Developed business layer interfacing Oracle as database. iBatis framework is used for object relational mapping and persistence.
- Design and develop Portlets using JSR168 API and Java server faces (JSF) to interface customers the Auto Funds Management system.
- Implemented Exception handling mechanism in the persistence layer.
- Deployed the applications in development, QA and staging environments.
- Troubleshoot production problems, analyze/gather application logs
- Production implementation and rollout
- Managing the activities as per schedule and resolving issue on timely manner
Environment::: Java 1.4, J2EE, JSR168 Portlets, JSF, WebSphere portal, iBatis, Spring, Oracle, XML, Web Services, SOAP UI.
Associate Technology L2
- Work closely with the architecture team to analyze requirements and evaluate technical feasibility to develop the application
- Involved in the implementation and support for the CMA Web and Migration modules.
- Implemented the features of the Spring Core module.
- Used Object/Relational mapping tool Hibernate to achieve object persistency.
- Involved in configuring hibernate to access and retrieve data from the database.
- Responsible for creating complex SQL queries on the SQL Developer tool for the analysis of the issues during the data migration.
- Developed Java programs as part of the ETL process from Stellent Content Management server.
- Automated the process of generating the XML files from the Java objects that represents the underlying data base schemas using the J2SE1.4 IOStreams, and XStream 1.2 framework.
- Understanding the requirements, developing, enhancements and fixing the bugs.
- In the CMA Web module, developed Servlets as Controller gateway and other helper classes were implemented to limit the business logic in the Servlets and to interact with the database.
- Responsible to develop the presentation layer using JSP, JSTL, and HTML.
- Analyzed and fixed the issues raised during the UAT (User Acceptance test).
- Responsible for solving the defects raised by business users in Production
Environment::: Java 1.4, J2EE, Hibernate, Oracle 8i, WebLogic, XML, XStream 1.2, Subversion, SQL Developer, Stellent Content Management Server.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Requirement gathering and analysis of existing system
- Used Object/Relational mapping tool Hibernate to achieve object persistency.
- Responsible for developing/usage of Criteria objects in Hibernate to implement the dynamic searches.
- Involved in overseas client interaction in the ‘Centra’ Meeting to discuss the status of the module, clarify any queries regarding the functionality, bug fixes etc.
- Developed application business logic as per the business rules in the specification and implemented DAO to interact with the database.
- Analysis of the defects and provide possible means to prevent those in future.
- Responsible for weekly Builds and release notes and responsible for sending the same to release management for production team.
- Interacted with Business Analyst for requirements gathering.
Environment:: Java, Struts, Oracle, Hibernate, Rational Clear Case, WebLogic application server
- Involved in Requirement gathering and analysis to setup the FileNet environment at client site
- Designed and developed the User Interface using JSP and developed various Action classes and Form bean classes using Struts framework.
- Validated the requirements for the application in the client side and ActionForm classes using the struts validation framework.
- Developed the controller components, the Action classes in Struts.
- Developed the business logic as per the business rules in the specification.
Environment:: Java 2, Struts, Servlets, JSP, JDBC, Oracle, WebLogic 6.x, Eclipse, Microsoft VSS. Big Data Hadoop Developer and Senior Java Developer