- Overall 8+ years of Professional IT experience in Java and Android application Design, Development and Implementation, Troubleshooting, Debugging and Testing of Software Applications.
- Expertise in architecting, developing mobile applications for tablets and mobile devices using Eclipse, Android SDK, Android Studio.
- Designed and developed Android applications using Activities, Fragments, Intents, Services, Broadcast Receiver, RESTful Services, Content Provider, AsyncTasks and Location Manager.
- Experience in developing TextView, WebViews, Menus, Edit Boxes, Checkboxes, Dialogs Boxes, Buttons, Status Notifications, Action Bars, Spinners, Gridview, Customized ListView and populated lists from database using simple adapters and designed downloading files and images by showing Progress Bar.
- Developed applications to adapt to different orientations (Landscape/Portrait) and various resolutions (ldpi/mdpi/hdpi) based on the device.
- Experience in Requirements Gathering, Preparing Requirements Documents and User Manuals.
- Modified Android manifest XML file to include all user permissions such as GPS, SMS READ /SEND / RECEIVE.
- Good Understanding on Native Development Kit (NDK) for Android Applications.
- Experience in working with Android Libraries such as Retrofit, Volley, Butter Knife, Picasso, Event Bus, UIL, and Social Libraries such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Experience in working with Google APIs like Maps, Analytics, GSON, FCM, Google Plus and YouTube API.
- Experienced in using RxJava for asynchronous data operations by improving the HTTP calls thereby migrating the request from AsyncTasks to RxJava.
- Knowledge in handling the concurrencies using RxJava, utilized Observable, Observers (or subscribers) and Scheduler.
- Worked on offline data using SQ LITE DB and Shared Preferances.
- Developed user interface designs for applications using Material Design, Custom Views and RecyclerView.
- Experienced in creating interactive UI components such as Action Bars, Tabs, Navigation drawers and displaying Notifications, Alert boxes and Snackbar Messages.
- Strong expertise in creating Responsive UI for various screen resolutions.
- Developed Android Content Providers for implementing features like sending E - mails, SMS, etc., from the app.
- Expertise knowledge in using the version controls for source code in Android Studio using GIT, SVN, JIRA and Bitbucket.
- Experienced in using powerful tools for investigating (debugging) the logic or implementation.
- Implemented Unit Testing with JUnit, Worked with Testing tools like Espresso, Robolectric, Dagger 2.0 and Mockito.
- Experience in TDD with unit tests using frameworks.
- Experience in Debugging and testing the application using Logcat, Android Profiler and Traceview on different android devices.
- Worked on different versions of Android with Android SDK tools including API Libraries, Debugger, Adapters and Emulator.
- Coordinated with the QA team during the process of making the code move to staging server and testing the application for the several test cases and defect testing.
- Worked on SCRUM AGILE methods for developing and integrating the software applications.
- Excellent communication, organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Expertise in full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Software Architecture, Object Oriented programming, Designing & Prototyping.
Mobile Technologies: Android, PhoneGap, Apache Cordova, Sencha, JQuery Mobile
Libraries: Social SDK (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), Retrofit, GSON, Moshi, UIL, Volley, Picasso, Butter Knife
Databases: Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2008 R2,Oracle, Relational Database Design, My SQL and SQLite.
Testing Tools: Junit, Dagger 2.0, Mockito and Espresso
IDE: Eclipse, Android studio, Visual studio, NetBeans, Dreamweaver, IntelliJ IDEA
Web Servers: Tomcat 6/7, Glassfish, JBOSS, WebSphere
Operating Systems: MacOs, Linux, Windows 10/ 8/ 7/Vista/XP
Technologies: Object-Oriented Design/ Development
Other Tools: Genymotion, GitHub, Bluestacks, AIDE, Android Profiler, Android Debug Bridge.
Design Methodologies: UML, OOAD, Design Patterns, Agile and Waterfall Methodologies, Test Driven Development (TDD)
Version Control: GIT, SVN, Bitbucket
Confidential, Newark, NJ
Technology & Tools: Android SDK 8.0, Android Studio 3.0, Java, JSON, UIL, Android Profiler, Retrofit, RxAndroid, Map API, Espresso, JIRA 7,Git.
- Participated in all the phases of the Software development life cycle (SDLC) which involves Development, Testing and Design.
- Implemented Location Listener to show exact location on Google Maps.
- Utilized Google Maps API to enable Google map search for near-by locations.
- A key resource for layout and UI work utilizing XML, Views, WebView, List View, Activities, Fragments Animations, Notifications, Push Notifications, AsyncTask etc.
- Used Android NDK to create the library files to be used by Services.
- Played a key role in writing application logic using Android SDK.
- Design screens using MVP pattern for the application with Android Studio IDE.
- Measured the application’s performance using Android Profiler.
- Download and upload content from back-end web server via REST API.
- Used library like Butter knife to bind the views and Retrofit for asynchronous calls.
- Used Dagger 2 for dependency injection in the code.
- Used Shared Preferences to store local data and worked with SQLite database to cache data received from the server.
- Assisted in designing the User Interface (UI/UX) and overall look and feel of the app.
- Utilized Espresso test framework for automating the UI tests.
- Used JIRA to track issues, bugs and manage the project.
- Built compatibility with android version 5.0 and up.
- Developed the app to adapt to different orientations landscape/portrait and various resolutions ldpi/mdpi/hdpi based on the devices.
- Experienced with version control tool such as Git for version tracking.
- Transitioned software development efforts to a Test-Driven Development (TDD) process, which brought QA testing in on the front-end of the development cycle for gains in code quality, software functionality and programmer productivity.
Confidential, Louisville, KYSoftware Tester
Technology & Tools: Android 5.1, Eclipse Indigo, DDMS console, Jenkins,Google Maps API, JSON.
- As a team member, I was involved in the design and implementation of the UI, classes, architecture and activities of the mobile application.
- Utilized the Google Maps API for locating the service center based on the location.
- Involved in implementing AsyncTask for the background operations.
- Implemented Custom adaptors to populate user appealing list views.
- Implemented AIDL’s, Binder and to communicate with remote service.
- Worked on implementing content providers to store application related data in it.
- Worked with Android APIs for a few tasks including simple activity transitions and Recycler Views.
- Implemented the required GUI by making modifications to the xml files.
- Analyzing the performance of the application using Dalvik Debug Monitor Server(DDMS).
- Followed up by testing user interface, errors with all possible inputs, debugging several applications using ADB and Test Driven Development (TDD) process.
- Utilized Jenkins for continuous integration and JIRA for issue tracking, task management and project management.
- Developed the app to adapt to different orientations (Landscape/Portrait) and various resolutions (ldpi/mdpi/hdpi) based on the device.
- Participated in all the phases of SDLC from design, development through testing and support of application.
Confidential, Lombard, ILSoftware Tester
- Worked with designing the application screens module.
- Worked on Implementing the REST web services.
- Worked on deploying the war file in server to provide the services to mobile app.
- Implemented retrieving the list of customers near to the driver location
- Worked with Generating the Google Map API key to access the Map features in Application.
- Worked on integrating the Web services using AsyncTask and Http network operations for retrieving the JSON Application content from server
- Worked with design and development of Customized List View.
- Developed the routing service between user and driver locations
- Handling multithreads to receive and update calls from web server (Service and Broadcast Receiver)
- Worked on data synchronization module for up to date data
- Configured GitHub repository and managed code base with Git for version control and JIRA for issue tracking, task management and project management.
- Worked with Location API to get the address information from the Location
- Sending the updates to server using web service calls from the application about the schedule
- Locating the User on Google Maps to reach them using routing service and displayed the distance in miles from driver location to user location
- Developed the application based on MVC architecture.
- Captured all the functional and technical requirements of the Supply Chain Management System.
- Was involved in the preparation of the software requirements and design document (SRS & SDS)
- Adapted Java Design Patterns DAO, Value Objects, and Session Facade to develop business components.
- Development of GUI for HTML and JSP Versions. Java Servlets were used as the common gateway interface between the client and server.
- Java Beans were used to handle business logic as a Model and Servlets to control the flow of application as Controller.
- Involved in collecting requirements from Business Users and Data Modeling and designing and developing Tools using Java, Servlets, EJBs, and JSP.
- Performed Unit Testing using JUnit.
- Worked on Linux environment.
- After integrating all the modules of the project, it was deployed in JBoss application server.
- Worked with creating a User manual and User Training guide for the new system.