- Over 9 years of Software Development experience in JAVA/J2EE technologies.
- Hands - on technologist, overseeing all facets of Software Development Life Cycle from analysis and design to implementation and maintenance using Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Databases: DB2, Oracle 10g, Sybase, Sandra(Object Database)
Application Servers: Websphere 5.1, 6.1; Tomcat 7; Jetty
Tools: & IDEs: Perforce, VSS, CVS, SVN, Toad, DB2, Eclipse 3.7, DBArtisan, Exceed, Putty, Secure Shell
Domain Knowledge: Finance(Capital Markets) and Airlines
Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Linux, Solaris
- Design and development of regulatory reporting for Russia and Singapore Jurisdictions.
- Developed application to consume XML based (FpML) Trade messages sent over MQ by the front office systems using JAVA, Spring, JMS, REST-Web services.
- Using Python for developing Exchange Traded Derivatives reporting module, I performed coding to consume csv files, provided by Front office systems, to produce separate Transactions and Positions reports that are sent to DTCC. Also persisted records in Transactions and Positions files in object database.
- Performed coding for reporting settlement flows for FX-Swaps to Russian regulatory body-NSD.
- Did enhancements and bug fixing using Test Driven Development approach for Dodd-Frank and JFSA.
- Performed code reviews and presented sprint reviews to product owners.
- Coded unit test cases and functional test cases for each and every module or functionality I developed.
Technology and Environment: JAVA, PYTHON, XML, DB2, JMS, REST-Web services, Spring, Eclipse 3.7,Putty, CVS, Windows 7, Linux, Sandra
- I worked with operations team in MSIM and business analysts in SSB to understand business requirements for processing (confirmation and accounting etc.) trades of various asset classes.
- I was involved in analysis, design and development of TSL from scratch.
- Used frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, CXF (SOA infrastructure— supporting services over JMS and HTTP transports), and Ivy and Ant to build server side infrastructure.
- Implemented thread safe APIs using concurrent collections, locks, executors, atomic variables etc. and also acquired through understanding of various building blocks of java concurrency framework.
- Developed user interface using Extjs 4 and deployed it on Tomcat.
- Created Tables, Views and Triggers, and Clustered and non-Clustered indexes using Sybase relational database.
- Integrated TSL with various Order management systems such as Blackrock-Aladdin, LVTS, FITTS, CALYPSO, CATS and TBA.
- Developed interface to send Trade information to SSB for confirmation and consumed responses from them over MQ.
- Developed interface to post trades before/after confirmation accounting systems.
- Integrated TSL with various reference data systems for pulling information such as broker/account and security data.
- Day to day work included Coding and writing Junit test cases, writing database queries, and coordinating with QA and operations teams.
- Mentored offshore resources and was primary contact for QA and operations team.
Technologies and Environment: JAVA, XML, T-SQL, ExtJS4, REST-Web services, UNIX, JMS, CXF, Spring, Ivy, ANT, Jetty, Tomcat, Eclipse 3.7, DB Artisan, Exceed, Putty, Perforce, Windows XP, Solaris, Linux
- Client communication and requirement gathering, and delivery planning.
- Contributed significantly as a developer in development and deployment phases.
- Developed UI, coding wrote queries, store-procedures and triggers.
- Wrote stateless EJB Beans and MDB to parse and process different messages and persist them in database.
- I was leading the offshore team of four members.
Technologies and Environment: JDK 1.5, JSP, Servlet, EJB session bean and message driven bean, Struts, JDBC, JMS, SQL, basic UNIX,WAS 6.1, Toad 8.6, Eclipse 3.2.1, SVN