- Over 7 years of experience in Java and Android application development. Knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), software implementation & documentation.
- Adept in programming languages like Java with hands on experience indeveloping Android Enterprise Applications for mobiles and tablets using Eclipse, Android SDKand ADT development tools and Android Studio.
- Involved in developing Android Applications using Core Java and Android APIs (Data Storage,Content Providers, Google Maps, Connectivity, Location and Notifications)
- Expertise in using Java Threads, Annotations, Generics and Collections.
- Build and deploy code, using tools such as Ant and Maven.
- Experience in developing test cases and test plans besides involving in Unit testing, Integrationtesting and User Acceptance testing extensively.
Java/ Android Application Developer
Confidential, New York, NY
- Worked on the business layer, employing Core Java implementations including Collections, Interfaces,Exception Handling etc. for content provision and data handling
- Created O/R mapping with DAOs for Hibernate implementation from a MySQL database.
- Development was done on SpringMVC and REST web service consumption via annotations
- Used Spring for bean references via Dependency Injection (DI/IOC)
- Wrote HQL queries for CRUD operations on the MySQL database
- Worked with a REST web service, which was consumed, to parse resultant XML responses to providenecessary data
- Assisted in designing the UI of the Immigo app.
- Worked to display various types (pdf, doc, application, png, jpeg, txt) of URLs inside a local WebView usingresponse headers
- Implemented and integrated a social media sharing feature with Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn SDKs toallow users to post/share content directly from the app to social media for both the mobile and tablet versionsof the app
- Implemented and integrated a "Email" feature to send content from specific activities/screens of the app asan email, populating all pertinent fields in the local email client for both mobile and tablet versions of the app
- Implemented and integrated a "Print" feature to send content from the app to network printers using GoogleCloud Print API
- Tested the application on Nexus emulators and other mobile devices
- Debugged and handled errors over the course of the development process
- Used GIT for version control and code management
Environment: Android SDK 4.4, Eclipse, Java, Spring 3.2, Hibernate 4.3, XML, MySQL, Emulator / Basedevices (Google Nexus 5, Nexus7, Samsung S3 - S5, LG G3, G4).
Mobile Application Developer
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Involved in requirement gathering and designing of the application.
- Responsible for consuming the REST services, getting JSON response and parsing them to get the requiredinformation.
- Integrated location based services using Google Maps API to display locations of the nearest stores.
- Implemented unique design for portrait and landscape mode.
- Implemented SQLite databases to monitor shipments.
- Implemented customized web view component to load an SWF file and HTML data.
- Handling XML data using efficient parsing techniques such as DOM parser.
- Work closely with the web application development team to ensure proper integration between mobileapplication and web application.
- Tested the application on various Android devices.
- Used Android content providers for implementing features like sending E - mails, SMS,etc., from the app and designed suitable GUI for these applications.
- Used services, Asynchronous tasks and Alert Notification API to implement eventreminder feature into the mobile app.
Confidential, Arlington, TX
- Populated spinner data from SQLite database by using simple spinner which allows selecting an item froma drop down menus and to store user and app data into SQLite database.
- Added search functionality to list view items will filter the list data with a matching string.
- Integrated Google Maps into the application using Google Android location - based APIs to display addressesand locations.
- Added a feature to app to detect internet connection status before making any HTTP Requests.
- Experienced in developing app handling XML data using efficient parsing technique such as DOM/JSONparsers.
- Implemented the event reminder feature into the app using services, async tasks and alert notification API.
- Used Android content providers for implementing features like sending E-mails, SMS, etc., from the app.
- Applied knowledge of SQLite and data persistence to develop an offline feature that allows the user to accessapp without network connection.
- Designed the app to take pictures with a camera at any time to collect images.
- Used RESTFUL web services to consume a web service.
- Used CVS for project management and version control.
- Worked on debugging the application using Logcat, DDMS.
- Worked in an Agile environment delivering in short turn-around times.
Android Application Developer
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Involved in user meetings to gather the requirements of the application and worked on application designing,testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Implemented sorting options for search items based on categories (Relevance, Price, Rating).
- Enhanced search functionality by adding auto fill and search history features
- Designed and Developed the barcode feature in native android (NDK).
- Redesigned the cart checkout process with enhancements such as the accordion - style interface that actsas guide to complete user purchase.
- Enhanced the store pickup, shipping and delivery features to improve the process of checking in-storeavailability and online purchasing through apps.
- Implemented Location based service using Google Maps API that enables to search the nearest store located
- Implemented native libraries written in C and C++ using JNI.
- Used Services using AIDL and Intent Services.
- Participated in various phases of SDLC right from Requirements, design, development and unit testing.
- Implemented the Downloading functionality of downloading videos directly to the drive with the xml requestsprovided by the SanDisk.
- At order completion, provided capability for guest users to create their online profile using info provided duringthe guest checkout flow.
- Test and error logging on different versions and devices of Android.
- Responsible for developing the Profile across several Products and several Android versions
Confidential, Broomfield, CO
- The database connectivity was done using JDBC to connect to the MS SQL Server database in the backend.
- Developed user interface using JSF, JSP, Java Script and HTML.
- Created application to connect to database by using JDBC, connection pools, callable statements andprepared statements.
- Designed and Developed Web services using technologies UDDI, WSDL, SOAP, REST to communicate tothe other modules.
- Implemented web - service integration components from SOA using SOAP, WSDL and RESTful webservices.
- Developed Action classes for Struts framework and implemented Java classes for the corresponding StrutsActions.
- Used XML, WSDL, UDDI, SOAP, SAX parser and Web services for communicating data between differentapplications
- Design and developed web based Configuration tool
- Used JNDI and data source for database connection.
- Used Log4J logging framework to write log messages with various levels.
- Involved in fixing bugs and minor enhancements for the front-end modules.
- Used VSS for version control.
- Used Maven to build the application.
- Used Eclipse IDE for the development environment.
- Deployed the application on JBoss Application Server.