- Full Stack Senior Java Developer/Tech Lead interested in opportunities building JEE applications in a challenging and innovative environment.
- Technical Maturity: Extensive experience writing object - oriented software using design patterns.
- Disciplined approach in building solutions. Focus on clarity, maintainability, extensibility.
- Experience with full software life cycle and test driven development.
- Excellent communication and knowledge transfer skills. Team player, self-starter.
Frameworks: Spring, Hibernate, JPA, JUnit, JSF 2, IBatis
Tools: Ant, Maven, Junit, Jenkins, Gradle, Subversion, Git
Application Servers: WebSphere, Weblogic, Tomcat
Web Services: JAX-WS based and RESTful web services. SOAPUI, Jersey, JSON, JAXB
XML: SAX and DOM APIs, DTDs, XML Schema, XSL, XPath
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, DB2, Derby
Operating Systems: Windows 10, Mac OS, Ubuntu Linux
Mobile Apps: Independent study/development of Android apps, MongoDB
- Lead Developer for multiple projects creating JSF 2 based web applications that allow online access to user accounts. The applications acted as SOAP clients to communicate with backend services.
- Created a test harness application that significantly improved developers’ efficiency by allowing them to quickly get applications up and running on their desktops for troubleshooting and enhancements. Tool is now used by all web based development groups.
- Acted as tech lead coordinating enhancements, troubleshooting, and production deployments for over 25 applications.
- Designed and implemented a JAX-WS based web service that acted as a facade for retrieving and caching member information. The service was accessed by multiple applications through a servlet filter once the user was authenticated.
- Designed and coded RESTful web services accessed by IPad and Iphone client applications. The services provided business logic and data access for a Veterans Administration heath monitoring application.
- Developed JAX-WS client application that acted as a data layer to access secure message data for veterans.
- Developed a client application that accessed SOAPUI Mock service to retrieve veterans’ appointment data.
- Designed and coded NFCU’s online membership application so that business delegates and DAOs could be reused across multiple applications. Built JAX-WS web services so that other applications can access the service layer.
- Implemented a service using Spring and Hibernate that retrieved product rating data from DB2, formatted it into XML using the DOM API, and transferred it to an FTP upload location for use by a batch service.
- Set up JUnit test suites to make calls to mainframe programs and screen scraping utilities to establish test driven development.
Confidential,Falls Church, VA
- Built 3-tier web applications using Struts, Spring, and Hibernate for a product safety recall management system that published recall alerts for hospitals.
- Built a continuous integration solution using Cruise Control that performs nightly automatic builds of the system on various test environments. The solution helped to significantly improve the efficiency of the development team and greatly reduced integration problems.
- Built a reporting framework using Jasper reports that allowed developers to quickly add new reports to the system by sub-classing abstract report classes for various report types including crosstab, list, and bar chart reports.
- Performed advanced WebSphere Administration duties including creating and configuring WebSphere cells for integration test, system test, and production environments.
- Developed internal web applications using Tomcat to retrieve and parse recall data from FDA web sites and insert the data into the application’s database.