- 11 years in software development focusing on Frontend Development
- 7 years developing within an agile environment. (Kanban and Scrum)
- Experience working in server - side languages such as JSTL, ASPX, C#, and PHP to create UI interactions with jQuery, HTML5 WordPress, and MODX
- Experience in responsive design developing for desktop sites, tablets and mobile devices using Bootstrap and Foundation and in cross-browser compatibility
Frameworks and Tools: Node.js, Ruby Gems, Jenkins, Grunt, Bootstrap, Foundation, Subversion, TortoiseSVN, Git, Git Bash, Powershell, Eclipse(Spring STS), Visual Studio 2013, JIRA, Photoshop, Webpack, Babel, Jasmine, Composer, Slim
Databases: MySQL, MS SQL
Servers/Containers: IIS, Apache, Tomcat
- Created new site utilizing Bootstrap as a CSS framework.
- Utilized MODX for the content management system.
- Used SEO techniques to gain a higher organic search ranking.
- Developed new UI features, and maintained the main mobile and desktop e-commerce site Confidential .
- Work with Designers to ensure new features are not only built to specs but to help call out any UI/UX issue that may reside in new enhancements or changes. Some challenges include solving markup issues with CSS that designers want that will play well for a specific site but won’t break the platform template that other sites rely on.
- Created sub sites (partner sites) for the Confidential brand using SQL scripts and our home grown CMS
- Created the entire site using MODX CMS.
- Created database tables to support member’s information such as personal information, and family information (i.e. kids) using MySQL.
- Created registration page, member’s profile update page, administration backend pages for updating/creating members, email forms
- Utilized AJAX and JSON to retrieve and display information from the database.
- Used PHP as the server-side language for backend development.
- Contract Developer to build out a complete tax consulting website.
- Developed site for SEO specifications.
- Senior builder for Co-Registration offers utilizing html and css. Worked in PHP for some offers to connect to advertiser’s APIs either through soap or cURL (XML formatted submits). As well, used PHP to create special functionality for specific Co-Registration offers.
- Developed landing pages from Photoshop PSDs, which I sliced and created images for the web pages using HTML, JSPX and styled using CSS/CSS3 and CSS3 PIE.
- Worked with JSTL to get information from our backend coded in Java to add to page’s functionality.
- Complexities include building landing pages in a fast timely manner based on needs of the business. Some landing pages required a bit of user interactivity, so masking parts of the page with jQuery and CSS was always a challenge especially working with a template that was used for other landing page types.
- Worked with WordPress to create websites and created in-house plug-ins for in-house editors to use in building sites.
- Began to get exposed to jQuery Mobile library for our mobile sites. Developed very little for mobile before my departure.
- Updated admin systems using Backbone.js.
- Determined and improved performances of web pages using YSlow and Show Slow.
- Utilized subversion (TortoiseSVN), and development team worked in an agile work environment (Kanban) with daily meetings/standups. Also used JIRA ticketing system.
- Responsible for building, deploying and releasing code twice a week using PuTTY at first then conformed to continuous integration using Bamboo.
- Environments worked in (IDE): Eclipse/Spring STS