- Over 7 years of experience in application development using Core Java and J2EE.
- Good experience with Web 2.0 applications using JQuery and YUI.
- Good handle in application development using Spring and Hibernate frameworks.
- Hands on experience with Web Services development using Apache Axis and XFire frameworks.
- Good working knowledge of XML, XMLSchema, SOAP, WSDL and binding tools such as JAXB.
- Good knowledge of implementing J2EE design patterns like Façade, MVC, Business Delegate, Factory, and Singletons.
- Good experience with developing applications using EJB 2.x.
- Good knowledge of UML diagrams. Hands on experience in creating and interpreting Class, Sequence and Package diagrams.
- Good knowledge in perl scripting.
- Good experience in using ANT and Maven build tools.
- Hands on experience writing SQL/PL - SQL queries for Oracle and MySQL databases
- Good handle in deploying projects to Apache Tomcat, JBoss and IBM Websphere application servers.
- Well experience with application development using IDE’s like Eclipse 3.x, WSAD 5.x and RAD 6.
- Good knowledge of version control systems like CVS, Clearcase, Mercurial and Subversion (SVN).
- Experience in developing applications using Agile methodology.
- Hands on experience with MS Office tools.
- Good communication skills and ability to self-learn.
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/XP, Ubuntu Linux, Mac OS
Software Language: C, C++, Java 1.2-1.6, J2EE, Perl
IDE: Eclipse 3.X, WSAD 4.0 ~ 5.0, RAD 6.0, My Eclipse 7.5
Databases: Oracle 9i,11g, IBM DB2, My-SQL 5.x, PL/SQL
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat 4.x - 6.x, JBoss 4.x, WebSphere 5.x - 7.x, BEA Web Logic
Frame Works: Struts 1.3, Spring 2.x-3.x, Hibernate 3.x, Axis 1.4, XFire, JUnit
Tools: CVS, Subversion SVN, ANT, Maven 3.x, MS Office, MS Outlook
- Worked on an online portal that will allow people to apply for state and federal benefits and on the Integrated Eligibility System, which is an intake worker solution which performs data collection, verification and eligibility determination for various programs.
- Involved in the implementation of the application using Java 1.6 and Custom built Framework
- Designed and developed complete JAXB / JAX-WS web services to integrate online portal with the Integrated Eligibility System to enable applicants to view their benefit information via online portal.
- Written several java based batch jobs which make use of multithreading to improve efficiency.
- Implemented several complex SQL queries for DB2 Database.
- Utilized SVN for centralized version control of the project and helped Build and Release Team to resolve merge conflicts.
- Utilized generic DAO classes to perform the CRUD operations on the DB2 database.
- Implemented JMS for asynchronous messaging using the MDBs to perform asynchronous execution of certain complex processes.
- Good hands on UNIX commands, used to see the log files on the production server.
- Actively involved in defect fixing of both the applications.
- Used JIRA, a Project Management tool for issue tracking and release planning.
- Coordinating with other teams working on the same project for performing various integration tasks and resolving any discrepancies determined in testing.
- Had several sessions with the team leads to perform code review and make sure code conforms to best practices.
Enviroment: JDK 1.6, JSP, EJB 2.x, JIRA, RAD 8.x, Websphere 8.x, SVN, IBM DB2
- Developed web and mobile applications to be used by customers and dealers. The web portal interacted with a back-end platform via a REST API to retrieve data. Various other client components also interacted with the back end platform via REST API to access several resources.
- Involved in the implementation of the application using Java 1.6, Spring and Hibernate frameworks.
- Developed code as part of a scrum team utilizing Extreme Programming practices like Test Driven Development, Refactoring and Pair Programming.
- Written Acceptance Tests for several User Stories utilizing the FitNesse automated testing tool.
- Took part in Iteration Planning every two weeks and Release Planning every two months as part of the Agile Methodology.
- Implemented several SQL queries for Oracle Database
- Utilized Mercurial distributed source control management tool for version control of the project.
- Consumed RESTful web services using Spring Rest Templates and made use of Maven JAX-WS plugin for generating wsdl files and consuming SOAP services.
- Configured Maven build tool to generate Java classes from XML Schema (XSD) using JAXB-2 maven plugin.
- Utilized Mockito and EasyMock testing framework for creating mock objects while Test Driving the code.
- Worked on Maven3 during build process and also modified pom.xml to use latest libraries and specifications.
- Designed, developed and deployed various views using SQL for Oracle database.
- Written StringTemplates for development of web pages such that strict model-view separation can be achieved.
- Actively involved in Defect Fixing of application.
- Used Rally, an Agile Project Management tool for application lifecycle management and defect management.
- Coordinated with several other scrum teams to investigate and track issues.
- Took part in several code review and design improvement sessions with tech leads on a regular basis.
Environment: JDK 1.6, Spring MVC, StringTemplate, JQuery, Spring 3.0, JPA, Hibernate, XML, XMLSchema, Rally, IntelliJ 11.x, Websphere 7.x, JUnit, Mercurial, RESTful Web Services.
- A web application is developed to be used internally by the business users. The application integrates with various back end systems to retrieve data. Application is built using Core Java and J2EE.
- Involved in the implementation of the application using Java 1.5, Struts and Spring frameworks.
- Created Cascading Style sheets (CSS) for the web application.
- Implemented database layer using Spring JDBC Templates. Implemented several DAO’s for data persistence.
- Written Spring application context XML files for various business classes and DAO’s.
- Implemented Factory, Business Delegate and Gateway design patterns.
- Implemented business layer components using Spring IOC and Core Java.
- Implemented multiple Struts Actions and JSP’s to build web interfaces.
- Utilized Struts Tags for building JSP pages. Written AJAX code using JQuery framework for loading web page content.
- Implemented Web Services using Apache Axis framework.
- Implemented key classes for parsing XML documents using DOM.
- Implemented SQL queries and PL/SQL stored procedures for Oracle database.
- Utilized Clearcase for version control of the project.
- Written JUnit test cases for unit testing various classes.
- Actively involved in code reviews and code refactoring.
- Actively involved in reviewing business requirements.
- Utilized Agile methodology for the implementation of the application. This involved daily stand-ups, task management, continuous integration and unit testing.
- Utilized Eclipse IDE for application development.
- Involved in defect fixing of application. Utilized JIRA tool for managing defects.
- Involved in the production support of application in resolving production tickets related to the application.
Environment: JDK 1.5, JSP, Struts 1.3, JQuery, Spring 2.2, Hibernate 3, XML, XMLSchema, JIRA, Eclipse 3.x, Websphere 6, JUnit, Rational Clearcase, Web Services
Java Application Developer
- Developed a reporting web application used by bank personnel to manage financial reports. Users are grouped into roles/grade levels allowing certain specific application functionality. The application is built using J2EE, Oracle9i and WSAD 5.0
- Played a key role in developing application using Java, and J2EE technologies.
- Developed Web Services as providers and consumers using Apache Axis framework.
- Played a key role in designing and developing the core web components using Struts framework.
- Developed various Action classes, Form Beans and page layouts.
- Implemented business logic classes using Spring framework.
- Implemented integrations using JMS and Web Services.
- Implemented web service classes for creating and consuming web services using Axis framework.
- Implemented AJAX calls for web pages using JQuery library.
- Implemented JSP pages using HTML and JSTL tags.
- Implemented persistence layer using Spring JDBC.
- Written DOM Parser to parse the XML file to be used by the Service Factory and Metadata Manager components.
- Involved in Code reviews with team members.
- Written test cases for unit testing the code using JUnit testing Framework.
- Played a key role in monitoring the defects using Mercury Test director tool and played an active role in co-coordinating with team to track and manage defects.
- Assisted in creating project documentation and production support.
Environment: J2SE 1.4, J2EE 1.3, Struts 1.3, Spring 2.X, Hibernate 2.X, log4j, Apache Axis 2, Eclipse, Oracle 9i, WebSphere 5.x, CVS.