- Experienced software engineer with over 12 years of experience in IT projects. Well versed in all aspects of the software development life cycle including requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and support.
- Over 6 years of experience in Retail, E - Commerce, Local Commerce & Loyalty Platform domains and 4 years in Infrastructure Services domain and 2 years in Telecom domain.
- An excellent problem solver, able to quickly grasp complex systems and identify opportunities for improvements and resolution of critical issues.
- Proven ability to design and build large scale, high performance, secure, huge data driven applications with quality.
- Known for ability to work with cross cultural teams, stakeholders, business partners, designers, product developers, quality assurance and support teams.
- Top quality architecture and development skills in Java and supported technologies.
- Expertise in design and develop web services (REST/SOAP) for integrated systems and web/mobile apps.
- Solid background in object oriented analysis and design, UML and Design Patterns.
- Advanced knowledge in Spring, Hibernate, JSF frameworks.
- Experience in UI development by using JSP, Java Script, AngularJS, HTML, CSS and jQuery.
- Hands on experience for DB design in RDBMS and NoSQL databases.
- Able to adapt in any project methodologies such as Agile, Test Driven, Rapid Application Development.
Languages: Core Java, XML, Java Script, HTML, SQL.
Frameworks/Internet: Spring, Hibernate, JSF, Web Services, JSP, Servlets, JUnit, Elastic SearchCSS, AngularJS, Log4J, jQuery.
Tools: IntelliJ, Eclipse, NetBeans, Rational Software Architect, SVN, GIT, CVS, VSSMaven, JIRA, Jenkins, HP Service Desk, Service Live, Visio, Splunk, Nginx.
Databases: MySQL, Mongo DB, IBM DB2, Oracle.
Application Servers: JBoss, Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, Jetty.
Platforms: Windows, UNIX, Linux.
- Responsible for the entire application development, delivery and support.
- Re designed existing warehouse application in to scalable, maintainable, reliable and accurate application from legacy application.
- Designed remodeled test results screen with new tests like WIFI, Bluetooth, Storage, etc.
- Reduced screen loading time by optimizing various tests and introduced background processing. Once test completed then the results will be refreshed in the screen.
- Enhanced logging mechanisms to generate simple and effective reports in Splunk with various attributes.
- Eliminated incorrect STB failures by applying alternate / negative scenarios to handle various warehouses in multiple locations.
- Performed Dev Ops role for the entire project group and responsible for application configuration and deployment, managing SSL certificates in virtual machines.
- Responsible for end to end product deliverables.
- Designed and developed REST based web service layer for unique Shopping Mall application for iOS and android platforms.
- Created web scraping framework to capture product data for 100+ stores with less manual and less error prone approach.
- Developed analytics APIs from various data sources populated thru real time or batch.
- Invoked google API to fetch various google analytics metrics for this app like android / iOS app down loads, user sessions, etc.
- Designed and coded various spring cron jobs for metrics data. Also developed APIs to invoke these jobs in case of any failure / immediate run.
- Successfully implemented trail run to check the scalability by increasing number of malls from 5 to 700 and it’s corresponding 100+ stores for each mall thru data setup/configuration only and without any code changes.
- Identified memory leak issues due to collections which are populated with large amount of data and resolved.
- APIs are designed by considering various standards/patterns and nonfunctional requirements like performance, memory, light weight, scalability and maintainability.
- Developed JUnit test cases for APIs to test any layers like controller, service and data access.
- Designed exception handling/logging methodology for easy to troubleshoot issues.
- Involved physical database design/development for MySQL, Mongo and Elastic Search to support various types of data, usually in millions.
- Increased the concurrent users from ~ 00 by continuous API tuning by applying various performance improvement strategies.
- Implemented Single Sign On, session keys, encryption techniques to achieve enterprise security standards.
- Integrated with other centralized sub systems like member profile, order placement, etc.
- Process Transaction (earn points for each purchase) and Process Redemption (burn points during purchase) modules in Shop Your Way Rewards system (Sears Loyalty Platform).
- Designed and developed SOAP based APIs for Process Redemption which is more critical and complex module.
- Created WSDL, XSD and API documents to provide all our clients such as stores, online, partners and monitoring systems.
- Analyzed and resolved critical transaction failure issues due to rounding issues in points and dollars and able to achieve 99.8% success.
- Reduced overall SLA from ~650ms to ~500ms for redemption APIs by using various performance tuning techniques and caching such as memcache and ehcache.
- APIs are accessed thru ESB layer in secure way from the traditional store registers and online systems. Format conversion from flat string to xml, clustering, retry will be handled at this layer.
- Automated offer creation to save cost/manual effort with bulk offer creation from source file, reports created/failure offers with comments.
- Implemented stackability feature to apply best of best offers over ~1000 active offers by using custom rule engine while redeeming points to make sure users get valuable offers.
- Designed & implemented VIP Benefits i.e. zero cost offers, targeted for Sears VIP users.
- Used IBM MQ / TOPIC for asynchronous offer creation and publish the results to clients.
- Maven was used as build tool and Jenkins was used for continues build and deployment.
- This project executed with large size team size around 150+ working on different modules which have dependency with other modules and my responsibility including creating tasks, distributing and coordinating tasks which is very challenging and considering more magnitude.
- Responsible for developing a tool for managing the circulars, brochures and other paper media advertisements for Sears and Kmart.
- Intranet application blue print developed as graphic interface by using Flex to design circulars and activity manger will provide the back end services.
- Created reusable interfaces which can be used across various marketing channel types.
- Worked on performance tuning for the entire back end services and improved the performance by reducing DB calls, looping, etc.
- Also performed code review and created check list to improve the application in terms of performance, memory, scalability and maintenance.
- Conducted audit and review for all SQL queries used in application and tuned them to provide faster response.
- Troubleshoot critical high CPU issue and figured out the root cause and made fix for that.
- Worked on code cleanup, re-structuring, applying java standard coding guidelines to improve maintenance.
- Provided maintenance support for this application which uses complex environments with IBM DB2 database and IBM WebSphere application server running in Linux server.
- As a team lead my responsibilities includes communicating on site folks, gathering requirements, analysis/design, circulating tasks to team members, mentoring, status tracking and delivery.
Senior Software Developer
- Developed GIS B2B Change Interface Setup which is one way, real time B2B between two GE business vendors GIS (Global Infrastructure service) and TSG (Technology Service Group).
- TSG receives a transaction (GIS’s Change details) in XML format from GIS through the interface layer Web Methods. TSG sends the Receive-ACK xml to GIS once it is received at TSG end and do the sync up processing.
- Involved in Requirement gathering, DB design, system design, coding, testing.
- Designed and developed HPSD Auto Questionnaire & Reports (Rationalization) implementation by using Java, JSF, Hibernate, HP API. The main objective of this rationalization project is to automate the manual process whenever the TSG supported server going to be decommissioned / refreshed.
- Created Online Help Desk Survey (VOC) application for Help desk users to provide feedback thru survey.
- Implemented multilingual support for the VOC application to display questionnaire in 10 different languages including mandarin.
- Worked on the HELP Point intranet web portal used for non HPSD GE Infra users to create/update/search service calls along with view/update personal profile options.
- Coded HPSD - Mercury CMDB Integration project which deals with the data sync between TSG and Mercury systems.
- Developed Mithril-EMS (Element Management System) application used for development and deployment tools and run-time framework of an EMS.
- Responsibilities are to create GUI features, Rule manger, Discovery manager and Performance manger.
- Rule manager is responsible to create rule set and corresponding rules. These rules applied to specific managed objects.
- Discovery manager provides a search option to find out any managed objects in a network.
- Performance manager monitors the performance statistics (CPU, Memory, etc.) and raises trap according to the customized Threshold parameters.
- Java, Swing, Servlet, JBOSS, MySQL, SNMP used to develop this application.
- Speech Recognition Framework | Perennial Innovation, India |
- Developed Speech Recognition Framework by using Eclipse plugin development environment.
- Speech Recognition framework provides the ability to activate the menus by command dictation approach.
- Responsibilities are to develop Speech Processor module which performs digital signal processing (DSP) on in coming data.
- Java, Eclipse IDE, JSAPI used for development.