- 5 years of experience in mobile app development, creating apps for iOS devices using Xcode and iOS SDK with Swift, Objective - C, and Cocoa frameworks.
- 4 iOS mobile apps for iPhone/iPad published in the App Store.
- 6 years of experience in technology, automation, and software development.
- Experience in iOS mobile app development using both Swift and Objective-C; particularly advanced in programmatic development using Swift 1 - Swift 4.
- Expert coder who consistently produces high quality, reliable, consistent, and stable mobile app code.
- Looks for ways to apply new iOS technologies to current projects in ways that enable improvement, efficiencies, and marketable design.
- Have a keen analytical ability and enjoy the challenges of problem-solving; particularly as applied to the challenges of iOS mobile app architecture, development and performance.
- Plan solutions by testing ideas prior to making a decision or beginning implementation in any iOS development project.
- Eager to keep learning more in my field of iOS app development, and enjoy following trends and new technologies.
- Works with iOS mobile app product owners and stakeholders to develop products that support business needs.
- Excellent personal presence with proven ability to work with all levels of management.
- Works with iOS creative team and UX designers to develop interfaces according to specification, and following best practices.
- Works with testing and QA, defining processes and designing tests to ensure quality.
- Have led Agile/Scrum iOS app development teams, facilitating daily scrums and weekly or bi-weekly sprints.
- Team player who participates with other developers and assists through mentoring and coaching.
- As a consultant, contributed problem-solving analysis and recommended solutions within the guidelines of the project and advice on following best practices.
- Leads and manages iterative development process employing continuous integration, test driven development and scrum practices.
Web Scripting: HTML/CSS, PHP, CMS, XML, jQuery, XML, Bootstrap, jQuery Mobile
WEB SERVICES: RESTful, SOAP, JSON, XML
DESIGN SOFTWARE: Sketch, Zeplin
TESTING: TDD, Unit Testing, XCTest, TestFlight, Automated Testing
CONTINUOUS INTEGRATION: Jenkins, Hudson, Travis CI
IDE: XCode, Eclipse, Visual Studio
DATABASES: SQLite, SQL. mySQL and MS SQL Server, Queries, tables, forms, design and development
METHODOLOGIES: Agile Scrum, SDLC
MODELING: UML, Diagrams, ERD iOS: Cocoa Touch, CocoaPods, UIKit, Core Graphics, Core Animation, Core Bluetooth, MapKit, TextKit Core Location, EventKit, Social FrameworkLocationKit: GCD, Interface Builder
Adaptive Layout: Auto Layout
Apple Push Notification Service: Local Notifications
VERSION CONTROL TOOLS: Git and SVN
Desktop Software: Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Access
Architecture & Design Patterns: MVC, MVP, MVVM, OOP/OOD, Builder, Abstract Factory, Visitor, Singleton, Key Value Observing, Observer, Decorator, Delegation, Proxy, Interpreter, Iterator, Mediator
PROJECT TOOLS: JIRA, Confluence, KanBan, Trello, Slack
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
SENIOR IOS ENGINEER
- Helped manage the team in a full audit of the code base and planned the changes we wanted to make going forward.
- Recommended methods, tools, frameworks, and technologies to best achieve the desired result.
- Set-up and managed version control and continuous integration with GitHub and Jenkins.
- Responsible for issue tracking and project management in JIRA.
- Developed and architected the application based on the MVVM architectural pattern.
- Suggested different ways to improve work processes by implementing new features in the Agile system.
- Developed improvements using Core Animation and Core Graphics.
- Responsible for enhancing various modules such as the different views and user interfaces.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Worked on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Researched and evaluated new technologies to make the development process and workflow more efficient.
- Served as client liaison on design, development, quality, and submission.
- Provided regular update reports on overall application development status and tasks.
- Documented project tasks and application functions and features.
- Analyzed customer requirements and created a project plan and functional analysis for the design of the application.
- Performed security audit to ensure that no confidential information was persisted on the device or transmitted insecurely, and that log-in credentials were securely stored with Keychain.
Technologies: Swift, Objective-C, MVVM, Core Graphics, Core Animation, TDD, Testflight,, Auto Layout,, Keychain, CocoaPods, Git, Instruments
Confidential, Omaha, NE
SENIOR IOS APP DEVELOPER
- Provided advice/consultancy regarding team development and strategies.
- Improved developer communication amongst the team.
- Found the best workflows for source control, task management, and continuous integration.
- Heavily revised an refactored an older app in Objective-C and transitioned the codebase to Swift
- Designed custom iOS user interface classes to be used in the application using IBDesignables.
- Added support for Apple Watch
- Designed and developed remote data layer using protocols and dependency injection
- Use of MVVM design pattern as a preferred architecture.
- Implemented new menu design and functionality for an improved user experience
- Followed Apple UI guidelines throughout the iOS mobile app project.
- Involved in getting requirements from the engineering team and analyzed the feasibility with the existing system design.
- Implemented SiteCatalyst to track all user behaviors.
- Utilized Instruments, Crash Logs, LLDB statements, NSLog statements, and Breakpoints to resolve various issues and bugs brought to attention by QA team.
- Discovered memory leaks and subsequently tracked down the root cause and resolved the issue using Leaks and Allocations.
- Added Localization to the iOS app to enable content tailored to a user’s language settings.
- Used AVFoundation to handle audio play back and video streaming in iOS. I made some changes to the interactions for a smoother user experience.
Technologies: Swift, Objective-C, SiteCatalyst, Cocoa Touch, Localytics, Instruments, Time profiler, Allocations, Keychain
Confidential, Purchase, NY
IOS MOBILE APP DEVELOPER
- Developed app entirely in Objective-C, and started making some POC’s and prototypes in Swift towards the end of the project.
- Worked with server team on integration of web services and authentication
- Updated location finder functioning with MapKit for iOS.
- Communicated with RESTful API to fetch information, such as nearby ATMs.
- Used JSON parser to parse fetched REST data from server to the iOS mobile app.
- Implemented Unit Testing of the iOS mobile app, and helped move the app to production.
- Participated in testing for app submission and ensuring app store guidelines were met.
- Implemented advanced animation techniques to provide a user-friendly interface.
- Reviewed entire iOS code base and participated in peer-to-peer code reviews.
- Worked closely with various departments to ensure that our iOS mobile app delivers the greatest experience to the end user.
- Created a framework for reusable components that can be applied to iOS applications developed throughout the organization.
Technologies: Cocoa Touch, Cocoa Pods, Xcode, Swift, Objective-C, MapKit, Core Animation, JSON, AFNetworking
Confidential, Boston, MA
JUNIOR IOS MOBILE APP DEVELOPER
- Worked on RESTful web services technologies to support the iOS mobile app.
- Used Git extensively as the versioning tool for the iOS mobile apps development team.
- Worked in Agile environment with active scrum participation, and assisted in documenting progress on backlog, bug fixes, and tasks.
- Utilized MVC design pattern for modular and scalable development in iOS mobile apps.
- Integrated third-party libraries to iOS projects, using Cocoa Pods.
- Responsible for managing the backlog in JIRA.
- Created views and linked outlets using Storyboard, based on wireframes.
- Developed code for different views for portrait and landscape orientation.
- Developed 3 different visualization approaches tied to the work order date segregated by timeframes.
- Tested fixes using XCTest to ensure success.
Technologies: iOS, Xcode, Cocoa Touch, Cocoa Pods, Objective-C, MVC, AFNetworking
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Coding with Java and C++
- Developed an extract-transform-load process in C# to anonymize personally identifiable information within the database.
- Automated workflows that generate monthly reports using Windows Task Scheduler.
- Maintained the company website and updated the website content as needed.
- Created documentation to provide instructions to set up a Scala development environment.
- Assisted other junior software developers.
- Worked on projects to create Address Book using Java and Payment Processing using C++
- Designed software utilizing Use Case Diagram, Sequence Diagram, Life Cycle Model, and Critical Path Analysis
- Created algorithms to output specific sequences
- Debugged scripts
- Worked on projects to fix errors in existing scripts.
- Worked on a project utilizing Java and C++ connected with Raspberry Pi