- Over 5 years of extensive experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation of client/server applications.
- Around 2+ years of experience in Guidewire technologies, applications Configuration and Implementation, and Integration.
- Involved extensively in code and design of various Guidewire components like PCF’s, plug - ins, Workflows, Batch jobs, product model and different components of Guidewire Suite
- Extensive experience in Policy center 8.0.3 and Billing Center 8.0.3
- Good experience with GPA portal and configured GPA portal for moderate to high level complex custom developed Guidewire implementations.
- Expertise in using IDE like Guidewire Studio, Intellij IDE, Eclipse and Net Beans for debugging and using java & Gosu coding standards
- Experience in Writing web services and Integrating them in Guidewire applications
- Integration experience with Claim Center, Policy Center, Contact Manager and Billing Center.
- Experience in almost all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)-requirements gathering and analysis, design, documentation, development, integration, testing and troubleshooting, implementation and maintenance
- Experience in developing end to end Web Application using Java, J2EE, Struts, Spring, JQuery and hibernate.
- Experience in writing Gosu Queries and SQL Queries.
- Good Knowledge and experience working in applications developed using Object Relational Mapping frameworks like Hibernate and JPA.
- Good experience in implementing J2EE compliant applications using various A Design patterns, Struts framework, Tiles, Spring, MVC framework, Hibernate and Messaging Middleware using JMS and MQ
- Possess very good knowledge in Design Patterns.
- Strong Knowledge in UNIX, Shell scripting and batch processing/ jobs.
- Good experience in developing in developing java schedulers and multithreading jobs.
- Expertise in frameworks like Struts, Spring and its subsidiary modules such as Spring JDBC, Spring Web, and Spring AOP.
- Knowledge in XML transformation languages like XSL, XSLT and X Path.
- Expertise in deploying, and configuring applications onto application servers like WebSphere, WebLogic, and web servers like Tomcat.
- Extensively worked on relational databases such as Oracle DB2, and SQL Server and hands on experience in tools such as TOAD, SQL Developer, SQL Workbench.
- Extensive Experience in database design, development of Tables, Views, Indexes, Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions and Triggers, Cursors, SQL/PL-SQL, Code optimization and performance tuning.
- Experience in creating Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams like Class, Sequence and Use Case diagrams.
- Experience in writing unit test cases using JUNIT.
- Extensively worked in Unit Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, Defect Tracking Systems and Performance testing of the software systems.
- Expertise in developing reusable components for cross cutting concerns like Logging, Build management, Transaction management, and Testing framework using Log4j, Ant, Maven and JUnit to increase productivity, easy maintenance and to retain software quality.
- Experience in Agile development mythology and SCRUM to improve the responsiveness.
- Experience in updating, accessing and version controlling the source code using Visual Source Safe (VSS), Perforce (P4V) and Tortoise SVN.
- Good Team Player, quick learner and self-starter with effective communication, motivation and organizational skills combined with attention to details and business process improvements.
Programming: Java, C#, C++, SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Programming
Web Technologies: J2EE, Struts1.x and 2, Spring concepts, SOAP, Web Services and Jaxb, Angular js, Node.js
ORM: Hibernate and JPA
Database: Oracle 10g/11i and IBM DB2
Tools: /Utilities: Guide wire studio (Policy center, claim center and Billing center) Eclipse IDE, Net Beans, IBM RAD, Oracle SQL Developer, SQL, workbench, Toad, MS Visio
Configuration: Perforce, Microsoft VSS, Tortoise SVN
Web & Application Servers: Web Sphere, Web Logic and Tomcat, JBoss
Unit Testing: Junit
Methodologies: Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall
Confidential, Frankenmuth, MI
Guidewire Configuration / Integration (Policy / Billing Center) Developer
- Developer in Policy center, claim center, Billing center.
- Responsible for development and testing of Policy administration Guidewire implementation frameworks.
- Implemented web services in Guidewire claim center
- Participate in daily Scrum meeting to provide daily project status updates.
- Worked with the Guide wire client team members to configure and implement the application around.
- Experienced in design and development of various web and enterprise applications using J2EE technologies like JSP, Servlets, JDBC, XML and Web Services.
- Claim Center integration with Legacy Policy Administration system (PAS). Modify the Out of the box web service/plugin code on both ends to allow Policy Search from Claim Center.
- Implemented Guidewire Claims Portal for Agents and Policy Holders
- Part of Inception phase and provide Guidewire solution for external system Implementation approach with Claim Center & Claims Portal
- Experienced in working on various web application frameworks like MVC, Struts and Hibernate frameworks.
- Worked on editors in the Guidewire Studio to modify PCF files, including various screen components like DVs, LVs, LDVs and CVs.
- Developed the Claim Payments integration between Claim Center and the Bank. Such as generating check stub, sending checks to claimants, generating/sending Positive Pay file & NACHA file for EFT payments to Bank.
- Analyzed the Node.JS server structure in legacy project, then mimicked the REST service by using Java JAX-WS API, and did the corresponding configurations.
- Experienced in the implementation of Web Services in Gosu and consumption of web services from external systems.
- Extensive experience in implementation of work plan creation, activity escalation and activity queues.
- Experience in developing UML diagrams like Class, Sequence, Collaboration and Component diagrams and various flow diagrams in Visio.
- Developed the Bulk Invoice handling in Claim Center. Such as transferring invoice files from Vendors, validating and creating the payments on respective claims in Claim Center, transferring the processing results to vendor.
- Develop the Escheatment file in Claim Center that contains the checks that are unclaimed for a certain amount of time
- Extensive experience in Database Design and Development including writing Queries, Stored Procedures for SQL Server, Oracle and My SQL.
- Implemented deployment procedures of J2EE applications and code to JBoss Application server.
- Developed web application based on J2EE Struts framework.
- Working knowledge of all phases of Software Development Life Cycle including proposal, requirement
- Analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and support.
- Participated in different phases of production roll out and in incremental roll out
- Implemented Personal Lines enhancement as part of sustenance phase.
- Participate in Sprint planning meeting to come up with activities and for the project.
- Manage defect tracking and closure through HP Quality Center
- Resolving issues identified in testing.
- Documenting coding standards.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Developed front-end code with Ajax call in AngularJS and jQuery to retrieve data as JSON Object from controllers in back-end RESTful Server, then display the well organized result in web pages by writing AngularJS controller, directives, services, and route providers. Also used Angular.js filter to make the data searchable and sortable.
- Coordinated with business teams to clarify requirements and business needs.
- Give brief explanation to the team to understand and developed the requirements
- Prepared system test plans, ensured software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validated that business goals are accomplished.
- Deployed JAR, EAR, and WAR applications using WLST on WebLogic, and WebSphere Application Servers
- Setup SSL and deploy SSL certificates on Web/App servers.
- Configured Apache, OHS web server’s plugins for load balancing, high availability of WebLogic severs.
- Monitoring error logs, fixing problems and tuning parameters on Application Servers like WebLogic/WebSphere.
- Involved in database connectivity using JDBC database and connection pools. Managing and monitoring the JVM performance by WebLogic Heap Size, garbage collection, JDBC Pools.
- Tested the applications with the JUnit, Also written some test cases
Environment: Java, Guidewire policy center 8.0.x, Billing Center, Claim Center, Tomcat Server, Oracle/H2 database. J2EE, Angular JS, Node JS, GruntJS, KarmaJS, Gosu, Bower, NPM, SASS, Angular Bootstrap, Angular Translate.
Confidential, Flint, MI
Guidewire Configuration Developer
- Worked with the Guidewire and client team members to configure the application.
- Involved in designing, coding, testing and implementing integration programs that will integrate Guidewire software.
- Part of Inception phase and provide Guidewire solution for external system Implementation approach with Policy Center, Billing Center and Claim Center
- Integrated Claims center with Policy center and Legacy system (PAS) policy search and retrieve and refresh
- Hands-on participation in writing specifications, software development, debugging and testing.
- Integrated Policy Center and Claim Center with Contact Manager and other external systems like PAS, Document Management System etc.
- Implemented Business Rules using GOSU language
- Created and edited individual rules, PCF pages, workflows, entity names and display keys
- Led the design and development of configuration modules for work plan activities, scheduler tasks, exposures, business rules, claim center UI changes, billing center UI changes etc.
- Configured existing Wizard PCF File, Wizard menu actions, Wizard Info bar etc.
- Developed and customized PCF files for UI changes in Policy Center, Billing Center and Claim Center.
- Created the Widgets and configured the widget's attributes like widget value, dropdown contents
- Configured Policy Center with tight document/imaging support, new screens, revised assignment logic and other standard rules/screen/UI changes.
- Developed messaging for Legacy Contact Sync In Policy Center.
- Configured various BC payment plans, workflows for producer statements etc.
- Configured various new custom Policies & as many as new custom cover ages
- Developed java interfaces to integrate with external systems MVR / CLUE Report and Choice Point
- Conducting regular Code Reviews to give valuable design suggestions and actively involved in cross-team coordination to answer complex mapping questions related to Conversion.
- Developed Unit Test Cases and test the Interfaces. Involved in Module Testing and Integration Testing.
- Involved in writing Junit test cases for Services classes.
- Good experience in debugging the application by running the server in debug mode and having the experience in usage of log4J to persist the data in log files.
- Implemented most of the new Data Model extensions, Billing Center Screen Enhancements, Policy
- Screen Enhancements, designed & developed Fax screens, & Payment Detail screens, Financial Reserves, Check Wizard etc.
- Conducting regular Code Reviews to give valuable design suggestions and actively involved in cross-team
- Coordination to answer complex mapping questions related to Conversion.
- Dealt with Billing Center data objects, data object sub elements etc.
- Worked with Billing Center data panels, location groups, workflow activities and contact configuration
- Approach and update Design document based on BA requirement.
- Exploring and developing solution for Event messaging and Web services for integrating CC with external system
- Code review, debugging and defect fixing
- Providing technical support for development team
- Unit testing and integration testing . Performed usability testing for the application using JUnit Test .
- Production Support for the existing application CC 4.0 . Taking part in agile scrum meeting.
Environment: Java/J2EE, Guide wire Claim Center 6.0.x, GOSU, Java, Servlet, SOAP, WSDL, Apache Ant 1.7.1, Apache Tomcat, Guidewire Insurance Suite, Policy Center, Billing Center, Web Sphere 7.0, SQL Server 2008, JDK1.6, Eclipse, Team Server Foundation, Mercury Bug Tracking, Visio, UML, Node JS
Java/ JEE UI Developer
- Involved in the review and analysis of the Functional Specifications, and Requirements Clarification Defects etc.
- Involved in the analysis and design of the initiatives using Rational Application Developer
- Involved in the development of the User Interfaces using HTML, JSP, JS, J-Query, CSS and AJAX
- Involved in the presentation tier design as well as services layer, and prepared the class diagrams, sequence diagrams for the Respath enhancements.
- Involved in the design of the Presentation Tier, Services Layer etc. for all the initiatives
- Prepared the Technical Design Document for both Presentation Tier, as well as Middle Layer
- Involved in the development of the presentation tier using Struts framework, Action Classes, Dispatch Action etc., struts tiles, and validation framework
- Involved in the development of the services layer using design patterns such as Session Façade, DAO, Value Object etc.
- Used Struts Tag Libraries, JSTL, and other in-house tag libraries
- Used Vignette content management system for all the content required for .com, and global sites as well as partner sites such as Ritz, Execustay, and Bulgary
- Involved in developing the DAO layer to interact with Vignette
- Designed XML schema definition files for various transactions with Marsha to get the reservations availability information
- Involved in preparing the castor mapping files for various Marsha Transactions
- Helped to refractor existing code base into common components and application code to leverage greater reusability of common code in second phase code reviews
- Involved in preparing the code review pockets
- Participated in the test case reviews, and manual testing of the enhancements during Pass0
- Used clear case for defect tracking as well as activity tracking
- Involved in fixing the defects during Pass 1, 2, 3 of the integration testing
- Participated in the code reviews for various initiatives, Performed Static Code Analysis to follow the Best Practices for Performance and Security.
Environment: EJB 3.0, Oracle 11g, Oracle Fusion Middleware, BPEL, JDeveloper, Eclipse, HTML, JSP, Java Script, J-Query, CSS, Struts, Tiles, Servlets, EJB 2.0, Vignette, Clear Case, Cloud and Load balance, Clear Quest, Rational Application Developer, Endeka, Marsha, Castor, Design Patterns, XML, XSD, DWR
- Developed user interface components using JSP, Servlets, HTML, DHTML, Java Script
- Developed the cascading style sheet for the application
- Developed the required Servlets for the application
- Responsible for developing various core java Business Components
- Developed required stored procedures and database functions using PL/SQL
- Worked with SVN for Version and source control of project documents and code
Environment: Java, JEE (JSP, Servlets, JDBC), Java Script, Ajax, Eclipse, HTML, XML, JBOSS, Oracle 9i, PVCS