- Around 10 years of full stack development experience in requirements identification, design, prototyping and usability evaluation, coding, testing, deployment and integration of Java/J2EE and other languages that run on the JVM utilizing a variety of server - side frameworks including Spring, Struts, and Hibernate.
- Java developer working mainly on web application and J2EE applications, but having experience also in desktop applications. Also, experience working with Visual Basic.NET and C#. Can work interchangeably in back-end or front-end.
- Strong knowledge of AngularJS to build Single Page Application and strong knowledge of the component, custom directive, custom service, and routing.
- Strong experience in Spring Framework modules like Spring MVC, IOC, AOP, JDBC, JTA, Spring Boot, Spring Microservices and Spring REST.
- Experience in implementing Java EE design patterns such as MVC, Singleton, Factory, Adapter, Service Locator, Session Facade, DAO, DTO, and Business Delegate in the development of Multi-Tier distributed Enterprise Applications.
- Experienced in developing complex PL/SQL queries, procedures, Triggers, Stored Procedures, Packages and Views in various databases such as Oracle, DB2, and My SQL.
- Experienced in developing UNIX shell scripts for batch processing.
- Experience in configuring and deploying the applications into Tomcat, WebSphere, GlassFish, and JBoss Servers.
- Experienced in Development, testing and deployment of enterprise applications on Windows & UNIX platforms using IDE's such as Eclipse, Rational Application Developer (RAD), NetBeans, Spring Tool Suite (STS), IntelliJ 14.x/15.x
- Experience in using different version controlling/tracking systems Subversion, CVS, SVN, GIT, & Rational Team Concert.
- Worked with Agile methodology and implementing Scrum structure in Project Development.
- Created Selenium scripts using Selenium IDE plugin on Mozilla Firefox and created test suites for playback of test suites.
- Lead a small team for a critical project with consumer lending team, managing four teammates and having direct communication with the client.
- Perform production support for USAA Money Movement team.
- Demonstrated strengths in communicating with all levels within the organization, with excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Good understanding of entire Software Life Cycle viz. from ground-up planning, strategy, collecting specs and data, interacting with users, coding, developing, and testing all phases to final implementation.
Java Technologies: JSP, JSTL, JNDI, JDBC, Servlets, EJB, JPA, JMS, JavaBeans, JTA, JAXP/JAXB, Swing, AWT
Architectures: Micro Services, Web Services, Service Oriented (SOA)
IDE: NetBeans, Eclipse, IBM Architect/WSAD/RAD, Spring Tool Suite, IntelliJ IDEA, DreamWeaver, Visual Studio, Sublime Text
Application/WebServers/NIO Servers/Media Servers/Microservice Servers: Glassfish, JBoss, Apache TomEE, Apache Tomcat, Apache Http, WebSphere, Microsoft IIS
JVM Frameworks: SpringMVC, Apache Struts, Apache Axis, Hibernate, Log4j, JUnit / XUnit, Apache Commons, Jasper Reports
Databases: DB2, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SquirreL SQL, MS Access
Operating Systems: Mac OS X, Fedora, Microsoft Windows XP, 7, 8.1, Windows Server 2003, 2005, 2008, Unix/Linux, DOS
API Documentation: REST XML based WADL (Web Application Description Language) or JSON based - RAML, YAML based with descriptions for the original design, Open API/YAML with JSON for an actual contract between the provider and the consumer of the service, interface stub creation and establishing testing expectations. For SOAP WSDL (Web Service Description Language).
Identity/Access Management Frameworks: OAuth, Spring Security
Source Control: GitHub
CSS Frameworks: jQueryUI
Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery/ DevOps: JIRA
RIA: DHTML, HTML5/CSS3, jQuery, GWT, Vert.x
Build Tools: ANT, Gradle, Maven
Testing: jUnit, SoapUI, Selenium, Google Advanced REST Client.
Peer Code Review: SmartBear
Other Tools: Rational Team Concert IBM, Scrum (Agile) methodology, Waterfall methodology, Structured cabling and computer networks, Stormpath, Splunk
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
Senior FullStack Software Engineer
- Developed applications using Java7 and Java 8 (lambdas, streams, multi-threading, executor service framework).
- Involved in developing Thread Safe blocks for multithread access and distributed transaction management.
- Involved in Angular 2, HTML5 and CSS3 code optimization, DOM loading and cross-browser compatibility.
- Developed Application to asses JSON and XML from Restful web service from consumer side using Angular JS.
- Implemented REST based web services using JAX-RS annotations.
- Used microservices architecture with Spring Boot based services interacting through a combination of REST services.
- Used JSP (Java Server Pages) files and Servlets to develop web pages that support dynamic web content and server-side applications.
- Implemented functionalities using Spring IO/Spring Boot with Thymeleaf and Hibernate ORM
- Used SOAP UI, Postman, Advanced Rest Client, Spring Mock MVC, Spring 4Junit for testing the web services.
- Designed and developed the End Points (Controllers), Business Layer, DAO Layer using Hibernate and Spring IOC (Dependency Injection).
- Resolved bugs/defects in an application with team members of the project to assure a positive outcome using JIRA.
- Used Selenium, JUnit, and Remote Controls (based on Cloud Computing Model) to simulate load testing.
Core Java Developer
- Involved in various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of the application like Requirement gathering, Design, Analysis and Code development.
- Generated Use case diagrams, Class diagrams, and Sequence diagrams using Rational Rose.
- The application is designed using J2EE design patterns and technologies based on MVC architecture.
- Used J2EE design patterns like Value Object Pattern, Session façade, Singleton, Factory, and DAO.
- Spring with Tiles Framework is implemented for a common look in all the presentation views.
- Designed and Implemented WSDL/SOAP Web Services to provide the interface to the various clients running on both Java and Non-Java applications.
- Executed and managed automation test scripts using Selenium. Also developed Automation Test scripts using Java, Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed client-side script using AngularJS 2.0 to consume data from Web services.
- Integrated struts MVC with spring DI and Spring hibernate DAO.
- Used version control repository SVN (Subversion by apache) and JIRA for issue tracking. JUnit for extensive functional and unit testing code.
- Implemented protective resources like SSO and OAuth2 using Spring Cloud.
- Developed modules with JSP, Spring, EJB, XML and deployed them on JBoss Application Server.
- Implemented Agile Methodology for the development of the application.
- Used GIT as version management, JIRA for defect management system.
- Performed unit testing using JUnit.
- Involved in a code review of the team members and implemented best practices.
- Involved in production support and provided system support for department user base and data analysts.
- EFT Money Movement, Development and production support for Money Movement team for USAA.
- In this new team, started in a project to change SOAP services to REST Services
- Worked as a production support and actively monitor all batch and host jobs that run in the day. Use a tool called Control m to monitor these jobs. If an issue happens we have to review logs using Splunk typing search queries. As it is Production support and I’m in Money Movement, if a transaction fails, we have to check on the different databases depending on the application might be Oracle or DB2 databases and query those in order to review those transactions so we can directly change statuses for those transactions.
- Developed new dashboard using Angular Components Services using REST API’s sending JSON objects.
- If a major incident happens we have to raise a call with all teams involved in order to solve the issue as soon as possible.
- Review tickets that USAA members raise and send solution back to the appropriate team to reply to USAA members
- For now USAA bills, we have to communicate with different vendors (can’t provide vendor details).
Software developer (Java/.Net C#)
- Involved in Requirement Gathering, analysis, design and development of the project.
- Involved in preparing TSD document with development flow and UML diagrams (Use case, Class & sequence diagrams)
- Migrated features from the legacy system in Visual Basic 6.0 to.Net 2.0.
- Improved code reusing and reduced class coupling through Dependency Injection design pattern.
- Involved in requirement analysis and application designing sessions with business analysts and team members to outline the proposed solution.
- Involved in using XML, XSL with ADO.Net to retrieve and send data to different databases.
- Worked closely with the users to design and develop the application according to client requirement using ASP.NET and WPF with the business logic implemented using C#.
- Built Rich Prototypes and Applications using WPF with XAML.
- Defined SQL Server database, tables, relations, and index.
- Used JAVA/J2EE patterns for designing the claims application.
- Used HTML, JS, AJAX, JSP components to develop UI pages, server side validations.
- Used WSDL, SOAP, and JAX-WS to create web services, generating stubs and writing client programs to invoke web services.
- Writing the Activation scripts and Procedures to keep the functionality buttons active.
- Designed, architected and documented new applications based on the given specifications;
- Broke up design and architect documents into stories and tasks, and assigned them to the appropriate developers;
- Investigated and fixed production and environment-related bugs;
- Worked quickly in the development phase and QA phase of projects; Extensively involved in JUnit testing and coordinated with the testing team and fixed defects and tracked them using QC.
- Followed Agile development, daily scrum meeting, code reviews, and unit testing;
Software Java Engineer
- Design and develop a huge system from the scratch to give visibility and alerting about client’s global IT services performance.
- Designed EDI using architectural design patterns like TO, BO, FAÇADE, Service Locator, Command, Singleton, and DAO. Also, used MVC pattern to design the application.
- Involved in standard design patterns of software engineering
- Use multithreading make parallel processing on J2EE applications.
- Write and call PL/SQL stored procedures from J2EE applications.
- Use Java libraries like POI, JfreeChart, Jasper and Apache Commons.
- Plugged Hibernate into the application using Spring DAO framework.
- Developed Webservices with different databases technologies using global transactions: MSSQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL (for local development environment)
- Developed various methods of REST Web Services using Spring framework.
- Used standard software engineering design patterns and REST to achieve an efficient communication between applications.
- Developed Data Access Objects (DAOs) and performed O/R mapping using Hibernate to access the database.
- Followed coding guidelines while implementing the application.