Confidential, Framingham, MA
Software Development Manager
- Owned, designed, developed and shipped end to end checkout service to bring 5 - page checkout process to 2-page across Web and Mobile which pushed revenue by 800 basis points.
- Launched complete UI redesign site(deisng.staples.com) in 4 months by collaborating with Design, Product, marketing and Release team which gave conversion lift by 5%.
- Reviewed technical feasibility and worked with the team to develop timelines for product development.
- Designed system to reduce the latency and Improved page load time by 50% which resulted in conversion lift.
- Managed SREs, release and on-call activities to support the platform.
- Moved the development process to an Agile methodology, which helped improve the velocity with high quality.
- Worked with Customer Support and Account Management to respond to customer impacting issues.
- Managed globally distributed (Vancouver, Boston, Chennai) team of 20 high-performing engineers (Software Architects, Developers, Quality engineers and SREs) for Staples digital e-commerce copy and print platform. Collaborated effectively with 15+ cross- functional/cross-channel business, Product and design teams.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Partnered with business users, business analysts, and project managers on system requirements and usage scenario.
- Advocated for reduction of technical debt and more sustainable engineering practice.
- Provided mentoring to the junior developer.
Confidential, NYC, NY
- Supervised a team of 9 engineers who were responsible for developing and testing multiple Mobile applications.
- Developed applications against REST APIs in iOS, Android and Blackberry.
- Enforced Agile practices (Scrum/ Kanban) and supported the team delivering working software through JIRA.
Confidential, Windsor, CT
Lead mobile engi neer
- Hired and trained a team of engineers to deliver first mobile app for the company on both iOS and Android platform.
- Identified and evaluated open source framework to develop and quickly launch the app on different operating systems while maintaining same code base.
- Incorporated Use of Emulators/simulators and cloud-based tools to cut cost against actual devices.
- Managed automation team and responsible for doing frontend and backend testing for Media team ~10 products ( Confidential Cricket, Confidential News, Confidential Movies, Confidential Sports, Confidential SEA Homepages and other microsites).
- Certified web and native mobile applications on different operating systems.
- Published white paper on Performance testing and created test strategy for up to several million users. Used that Strategy as a template for the group to use going forward.
- Reported on test group activities to Project Managers, Development Managers and Product Owners, (Test Execution, Defect Reports)
- Implemented functional automation using WinRunner, generating a 50% reduction in operating costs, with a 95% automation rate and reducing the testing timelines by ~80%
- Assisted business users in defining UAT test cases and plans; Maintained test cases and test data.