- Over 11+ years of programming experience in Design, development and implementation of Web based, internet/intranet, client/server and Component Oriented architecture applications using Java and J2EE technologies.
- End - to-end project lifecycle (SDLC) experience - Requirement Gathering, Architecture, Analysis & Design, Coding, Unit Testing, Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing and Production Launch on various servers.
- Experience with public assistance programs such as TANF, Food Stamps (SNAP), and Medical Assistance.
- Core strengths in Banking, Telecom and Healthcare domains.
- Experience in development methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, and Test-Driven Development and Waterfall model.
- Extensive experience on Oracle 9i/10g, MySQL with stored procedures, functions, packages and triggers.
- Involved in development of Restful Web Services that are highly scalable and maintainable with JSON.
- Used web/App servers like JBoss, Weblogic, IBM Web Sphere and Apache Tomcat servers based on client requirement and project specifications.
- Experience with Web services SOAP, WSDL and Rest services
- Utilized Log4j logging API framework for logging Java applications for debugging and monitoring purposes.
- Preparation of Standard Code guidelines, analysis and testing documentations.
- Extensive experience in performing code reviews and peer reviews for maintaining best coding standards.
Java Technologies: Core Java, J2EE, Servlets, JSP,JSF, JDBC, JMS, EJB 3.0, Java Beans, Hibernate
Frameworks: Struts, Spring, Hadoop (HDFS, Map Reduce, Hbase, Hive, Pig and SQOOP)
Spring Modules: JDBC, AOP, MVC, CORE
Content Management: Vignette Content Management, Rich Media and Dynamic Site Module
Languages: Java, C, and SQLIDE Eclipse3.x, WSAD, NetBeans, STS
Logging & Build Tool: Log4j, ANT, Junit and Maven
Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, Web logic and WebSphere
Database: Oracle and DB2.
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux and Unix
Cache Tools: Akamai
Confidential, Charleston, WV
- . Developed the J2EE (EJB 2.0) application based on the Service Oriented Architecture.
- Used Design Patterns like Singleton, Factory, Session Facade and DAO.
- Used DAO pattern to fetch data from database using JDBC to carry out various database.
- Developed the presentation layer and GUI framework in JSP and Client - Side validations were done.
- Worked closely with QA team and fixed QA bugs as well as production issues with a quick turnaround time.
- Involved in a full life cycle Object Oriented application development - Object Modeling, Database Mapping, GUI Design
- SVN was used for project management and version management.
- Developed Functional Requirement Document based on users' requirement.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Involved in gathering business requirements from end user and participated in creation of architectural design document, system requirement specification (SRS) and Functional Specification documents.
- Developed Presentation layers using JSP, Business layer using Spring (IOC, AOP), and Persistent layer DAO, Hibernate for all modules.
- Designed and developed UI search and results screens for Products.
- Design and development of Restful Web Services for creating file transfer and captured unhandled errors and log them in a database.
- Apache Application server is used for deploying web applications with Apache Http server for static applications.
- Conducted code reviews with Sonar Tool tool before moving the build to production.
- Actively participated in building, maintaining and deploying builds to Dev, QA, Stage and Production environments.
- Followed Scrum methodology (Agile) for updating progress.
- Used Log4J for logging and analyzing system performance and flow, and also involved in code refactoring, bug fixing and trouble shooting.
- Coded Test Classes using JUNIT for Unit Testing and used SVN for version controlling system.
- Assist in debugging, resolving production support problems, developing and suggesting alternative approaches to resolve problems.
- Involved in the development of Software Development Life Cycle in Rational Unified Process.
- Experience in designing (High Level & Low Level) for J2EE applications using UML and various J2EE/OO Design patterns meeting performance and security requirement
- Involved in coming up with good design of Spring controller related classes (Controllers, Handler, Form Controllers, Interceptors) suitable for search functionality.
- Extensively used Criteria classes and HQL for accessing Database through Hibernate.
- Involved in database development using SQL of Oracle database.
- Wrote Java Beans for the DTO’s like Value objects & Business objects.
- Coded Test Classes using JUNIT for Unit Testing and used Visual Source Safe for version controlling system.
- GIT is used for Software Configuration Management.
- Service Desk Manager used as ticketing tool.
- Used Restful Web services to communicate among various eco-systems.
- Worked on 4 different modules by providing Support and Enhancement changes.
- Worked on Enhancements on Redirect Tool, Form Tool and Japanese Search and Vignette Portals.
- Worked in a Platinum application that requires 99.5% availability of live site and Involved in all major Prod Releases, supporting in fixing the bugs and testing.
- Actively participated in Code Review meetings and played key role in production deployments.
- Redirect Tool converts the Marketing URL to Actual URL and this is happening Confidential Server level. Struts and Hibernate are used to develop this application with JQuery for UI.
- Form Tool collects data from Vignette and populates to database. Struts with Hibernate are used to develop the application.
- Used HP Quality Center to log tickets and fix.
- Used soapUI for Testing Web Services.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Ajax, XML, Servlets, JSP, EJB, Spring 3.0, Struts 2.0, Hibernate 4.0, Vignette, HP QC, JMS, Restful Web Services, ANT 1.7, Web Sphere Commerce Server v7.0, Oracle 11g.
Senior Software Engineer
- Review the system requirements and attending requirements meetings with analysts and users.
- Involved in the life cycle of the project from documentation to unit testing making development as priority.
- Played major role in designing & developing JSP pages and XML reports. Developed servlets and custom tags for JSP pages.
- Involved in enhancements and bug fixes in UI Layer and DB operations
- Implemented SOAP protocol to get the requests from the outside System.
- Involved in troubleshooting and resolving issues on Production system
- Identifying bugs in the design system - coding, unit testing/SIT and deploy to Production system and update design document.
- Used ANT scripts to build the project and JUnit to develop unit test cases.
- Provided development support for System Testing, Product Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Data Conversion Testing, Load Testing, and Production.
- Deployed application on Web sphere application server.
Environment: java 1.5, J2EE, AJAX, Servlets, JSP, Eclipse 3.1, Struts, XML, CVS, Java Script, ANT, SOAP, Log4J, Oracle, Web Sphere server, UNIX, IBM Web Sphere Portal Server.
Java Programmer Analyst
- Involved in understanding of business requirements, design and development of the project with Test Driven Methodology.
- Improved the coding standards, code reuse, and performance of the Extend application by making effective use of various design patterns (Front Controller, Service Locator, Session Facade, Business Delegate, View Helper, DAO, Value Object etc. and other Basic patterns).
- Developed several SQL queries, stored procedures and triggers in Oracle to retrieve the data with JDBC.
- Used JMS for asynchronous messaging among modules.
- Generated Web services (with SOAP) implementation classes using Apache Axis to send data to downstream applications.
- Handled LDAP authentication for VCM users
- Handled clearing cache with Akamai for campaigns and sites
- Handled Image Management module with Rich Media /FTP
- Handled VCM issues those were raised by business users
- Utilized Log4j logging API for debugging and monitoring purposes.
- Used JUnit for unit testing, Maven to automate build process, and log4j for logging debug, info, error messages.
Java Programmer Analyst
- Worked with business and user groups to identify and implement functional enhancements and new requirements.
- Analysis and Design of various modules using J2EE Architecture and MVC Design Pattern
- Understanding Investment banking and market strategies.
- Developed server-side services using Java multithreading, Struts MVC, Java 5.0, Web Services (SOAP, AXIS) on IDE.
- Configured transaction and connection pooling and deployed enterprise application on Application server.
- Used with CSS, Java Script with Action Script.