- 8 years of professional IT experience in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Sun Certified Java Programmer of a project which includes requirements gathering, analysis, Java and J2EE development, user - interface design, maintenance, enhancement and testing.
- Worked extensively using Java, JSP, EJB (session Beans and Message Driven Beans), JMS, JNI, JNDI, Java Mail, Frameworks (Struts, spring, Hibernate, JSF) in Implementing J2EE technology.
- Expertise in Cutting Edge Technologies like EJB, JMS, JTA, Log4j, XML and Web Sphere, WebLogic and JBoss.
- Proficient in with GUI plug-ins like Tiles Framework, Customer Tag Libraries and validation plug-ins like Validator Framework.
- Worked extensively with RUP, eXtreme Programming (XP), Agile, SCRUM Methodologies.
- Hands on experience with Version control systems like Visual Source Safe, Harvest and Perforce, SVN.
- Very good at building and Deploying EAR,WAR, JAR files on test, stage and production servers.
- Proficiency in core java concepts like Threads, Exception handling, Generics, Strings and etc.
- Developed AJAX functionalities using frameworks like JSON, DOJO and JQuery.
- Extensive experience in using Application servers Web Sphere Application Sever, WebLogic Application Server, JBoss, Apache Tomcat.
- Scripting expertise in SQL, Bourne Shell, K Shell, C Shell and bash.
- Experienced with J2EE Design Patterns such as singleton, session facade, business delegate, DAO, DTO, MVC, and Factory.
- Extensive experience in using environment tools of Java including RAD, WSAD, Eclipse, IntelliJ, NetBeans, MyEclipse and JBuilder.
- Thorough knowledge of scalable n-tier, distributed as well as client/server architectures.
- Experienced in working with XML technologies like XML, XSL, XSD, XSLT, Xquery, Xpath and DTD.
- Experienced with Use Case diagrams, Class diagrams, Activity diagrams, Flowcharts and Sequence diagrams using UML and Rational Rose.
- Worked on UNIX OS (SUN Solaris, HP, and AIX), Linux, Windows.
- Implemented SOA architecture with web services using SOAP, WSDL, UDDI and XML.
- Highly proficient in understanding new technologies accomplishing projects goals successfully. Exceptionally well organized, strong work ethics and willingness to work hard to achieve employer objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation and problem solving skills.
Languages: Java, PHP, ASP, C, C++, PL/SQL, SQL.
Operating Systems: Windows XP/ Vista, Mac, Linux, UNIX (Solaris, AIX, HP-UX), DOS.
Java Technologies: J2EE (JSP, Java Script, Servlets, RMI, EJB, JDBC, JMS, SOA, Web Services, SOAP, WSDL, JPA), LDAP, Java EE.
Java Testing tools: JUnit, log4j, Ant, QA testing, Load Runner.
RDBMS: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, DB2.
IDE: RAD, WSAD, MyEclipse, JBuilder, Netbeans, Eclipse, Exadel Studio, Jdeveloper, Flex Builder .
Application Servers: WebSphere, Weblogic, JBOSS.
Web Servers: Apache Tomcat.
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP.
Frameworks: Struts, Spring, JSF, Facelets (Apache MyFaces, Sun s RI), Hibernate, Adobe Flex, JQuery, JSON.
Source Control: CVS, VSS, PVCS, Perforce, Clear Case, SVN.
Messaging Services: MQ Series, JMS.
Miscellaneous: UML, OOAD, RUP, Design Patterns, MVC, SwiftMQ, Toad, SQL *Plus, Maven, Putty, iText, Bugzilla, Unix Shell Scripting, Active Directory, WinSCP, WinMerge, Filezilla.
Confidential, Madison, WI
Senior Java/ J2EE Developer
- Developed the Web Based Rich Internet Application (RIA) using J2EE (Spring framework) and Macromedia/Adobe Flex.
- Developed API using Hibernate to interact with the Oracle database
- Developed the application using Struts Framework which is based on the MVC design pattern.
- Implemented Ajax with JQuery to refresh results from Ajax page.
- Wrote complex reporting applications with Ext JS and Sencha Touch for Windows Azure and Amazon Web Services, Linux and Windows servers
- Developed SQL queries with PHP Doctrine and Propel to create, retrieve and update data and programming SQL sentences based on CRUD.
- Created db tables, functions, Joins and wrote prepared statements using PL/SQL.
- Used JDBC to connect to the information model tier.
- Involved in the deployment of Web-Service End-Points using Apache CXF
- Creation of REST Web Services for the management of data using Apache CXF (JAX-RS)
- Eclipse TPTP plug-in was used for profiling and performance testing.
- Deployed the application on Weblogic Application Server cluster on Solaris environment
- Used: INCA, Clearcase, XMetal, Codewrite, Embedded C
- Performed Unit Testing and developed Unit Test Classes using JUNIT
- Agile/SCRUM was used as the project management methodology and JIRA & Confluence were the tools used to keep things in check
- Developed the UML Use Cases, Activity, Sequence and Class diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Developed JSP custom tag libraries, and associated support in the Action Servlet, that assists in creating interactive form-based applications, which is the one of the primary area of functionality using Struts Framework.
- Developed web pages using JSPs and JSTL to help end user make online submission of rebates. Also used XMLBeans for data mapping of XML into Java Objects.
- Designed and developed the web-tier using Html, JSP’s, Servlets, Struts and Tiles framework.
- Created webservices using WTP tool plugin to the eclipse IDE which is deployed as a separate application using Maven scripts.
- Designed and developed Generate PDF functionality using Spring framework and iText
- Worked on proof of concept using Google Web Toolkit to create the personal card application site of Confidential from scratch
- Customized Jasper Reports and SQL procedures according to the client requirements.
- Worked with ILog Jrule engine, to trigger the business rules in the rules execution engine configured in WebLogic application server.
- Developed a web 2.0 control console using GWT to manage data matching for data staging
- Defined and Created SOA software and hardware infrastructure, including Application Servers, Services Bus, Server Domains etc.
Confidential, Madison, WI
Senior Java/J2EE Developer
- Configured Struts, Hibernate framework with Spring MVC.
- Implemented hibernate in business layer and writing the queries in DAO to do the operations on the data base
- Involved in Development of the application Using J2EE Technologies (Servlets, JSP, EJB, JSF,Struts).
- Developed common reusable component libraries (CRUD Scaffolding) to be reused in different projects throughout the company's IT team using GWT, Sencha, Spring data, JPA.
- Worked on creating menus and tabs on JSP pages using JQuery and CSS.
- Used DOJO for Ajax Support and used JSON for DOM objects
- Designing, Coding (development) and Debugging application using Eclipse, Indigo as an IDE, Spring JDBC framework and DAO pattern, HTML5, CSS3, and JQuery.
- Oracle database was used, wrote stored procedures for common SQL queries
- Responsible for Oracle Forms and maintaining CRUD operation on the database
- Developed stored procedures, Triggers and functions in Oracle to process the trades using PL/SQL and mapped it to Hibernate Configuration File and also established data integrity among all tables.
- Developed Data Access Objects (DAO) using JDBC API for Database access.
- Wrote complex SQL statements to retrieve data from the DB2 database.
- Consumed Web Services using Apache CXF framework for getting remote information
- Used SOAP-UI for testing the Web-Services.
- Written and consumed Web Services (Soap) to develop the business layers
- Installation and configuration of Development Environment using Eclipse with Weblogic Application server
- Installed, configured and administered IBM WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal Server, IBM HTTP Server on AIX, and Red hat Linux Environment.
- Conducted software builds using Subversion in a windows environment via Cruise Control
- Written Unit testing and Test suites using JUnit framework for testing the application.
- Agile and scrum process is used for tracking and developing the application.
- Design and development of components, such as Class, and Sequence diagram in UML
- Set up the deployment environment on Web Logic Developed system preferences UI screens using JSP and HTML .
- Developed JSPs using EL language and JSTL tags.
- Involved in the development of business module applications using J2EE technologies like Servlets, JSP and JDBC.
- Used Maven to build and generate code analysis reports.
- Built CVS and XML file loaders and splitters for financial data.
- IText was used to generate PDF for HTML forms.
- Involved in publishing the web content in the portal site by using the Oracle ECM
- Directory Listing and File down load services (Similar to Windows Explorer on a PC, developed using Google Web Toolkit, AJAX)
- Responsible for implementing the code, Fixing QA defect raised on Quality Center/JIRA.
- Designed and implemented Report Portlet (using Jasper Report framework) in phase-II. This involved exporting repot to PDF, XLS file and print functionality to take print of the report.
- Worked in SOA architecture Websphere Message broker for integration with Pega and ILog
- Design & code execution support components using existing PI ILOG JRules Framework
- Implemented Web 2.0 research and trading platforms across product areas with, "single sign on"
- Prototyped and implemented Cloud based Service Bus on WSO2 for engaging stakeholders in in the initial SOA discussions.
- Used JMS in the project for sending and receiving the messages on the queue.
- Install and configure a Linux server to publish applications and the DataBase
- Used Perl, Php and MySql to develop several personal web sites, SEO (search engine optimization) skills
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. Java Developer
- Used Spring for cross cutting concerns and IOC for dependency injection
- Used iBatis and MyBatis ORM tools which automate the mapping between SQL databases and objects in Java
- Expertise in MVC Architecture using JSF and Struts framework and implementing custom tag libraries.
- Developed Web pages using JSF with Servlets, JSP, EJB, Struts
- Design, development & testing of business components using EJB Session beans.
- Developed web presentation layer using jQuery, HTML and CSS according to internal standards and guidelines
- Used DB2 as the database and wrote SQL & PL-SQL.
- Developed framework using Java, BIRT Runtime, iText, MySQL and web server technologies.
- Used tools like Toad, PLSQL Developer and Squirrel for performing database operations.
- Worked with Database Backup Compression, Data Collector, Policy-based Management, Resource Governor and SQL Server Audit.
- Design and Developed using WebService using Apache Axis 2 on JBOSS.
- Used NetBeans IDE for fundamental Java projects
- Deployed this application which uses J2EE architecture model and Struts Framework first on Weblogic and helped in migrating to JBoss Application server.
- Responsible for the total, efficient and profitable operations of a CVS.
- Used Visual Source Safe for version control and release.
- Developing test suites in Selenium WebDriver (Java) with TestNG framework in Eclipse IDE for regression and sanity testing.
- Used Gnatt Chart to keep track of the project and implemented Water Fall Model in SDLC.
- Involved in designing UML Use case diagrams, Class diagrams, and Sequence diagrams using Rational Rose
- Developed web Components using JSP, Servlets and Server side components using EJB under J2EE Environment
- Developed the Servlets for processing the data on the server.
- Developed ANT build.xml to achieve more functionality for build process.
- Used XSD for validations of XML transfer to the different Web Services.
- Customized the EMC Documentum Webtop to conform the overall portal themes
- Used JIRA issue tracker to file the bugs.
- Designing and developing 'Online' client windows API's using JDK and Swing classes.
- Created Active Reports in Cognos as Proof of Concepts for offline reporting.
- Involved in designing the data stage job to implement ILOG JRules Component.
- Architect and design for new Application as J2EE Web application and Oracle ADF.
- Integrate the Oracle BPM with the Spring Framework in the enterprise layer
- Design and implement batch & entry code system and book keeping service (IBM MQ Series, Broadridge ADP, Mainframe, Seagull)
- Installation/Support Apache Tomcat for support of Jasper Reports Server
- Moved Application from Solaris to Unix, Linux RedHat for system benchmark
- Coded scripts to clean normalize, reformat data for loading into the ERP system using VB Script and Ruby scripts
- Developed websites utilizing Wordpress platform.
- Lead the effort in development of other CNN Drupal websites.
- Developed .NET components using C# and involved in the deployment of those components.
- Used ASP.NET technology for developing the presentation layer.
- Design and Develop programs in C++ to integrate as per the users requirements.
- Designed and developed Message Flows and Message Sets and other service component to expose Mainframe applications to enterprise J2EE applications.
- Generate Cobol procedures to apply business logic to the data.
- Batch program has been written using PL/I procedure
- Worked with JCL to schedule jobs on Mainframes.
- Oracle, SAS integration for business intelligence and functionality
- Developed Java Script and Action Script, VB Script macros for Client Side validations.
- Developed Servlets and Worked extensively on SQL.
ENVIRONMENT: S: Spring, Ibatis, Struts, Jsf, Ejb, Jquery, My Sql, Toad, Sql Sever, Db2, Apache Axis2, Wsdl, Netbeans, Jboss, Cvs, Visual Source Safe, Selenium, Waterfall Model, Uml, Jsp, Servlet, Ant, Xml, Emc Documentum, Jira, Swing, Cognos, Ilog, Oracle Adf, Oracle Bpm, Ibm Mq Services, Apache Tomcat, Linux, Unix, Ruby, Wordpress, Drupal, .Net, Asp, C, C++, Mainframe, Cobol, Pl/I, Jcl, Sql, Sas, Vb, Asp.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Designed and developed the project using MVC design pattern.
- Involved in preparing Technical Design Document of the project.
- Designed and developed application using JSP Custom Tags, Struts tags & JSTL tag libraries.
- Developed Controller Servlets, Action and ActionFrom objects for process of interacting with Sybase database using Struts.
- Implemented SOA architecture for different application to exchange data for business process.
- Used and configured Struts DynaActionForms, MessageResources, ActionMessages, ActionErrors, Validation.xml, Validator-rules.xml.
- Followed Agile Methodology (TDD, SCRUM) to produce high Quality software and satisfy the customers.
- Wrote build & deployment scripts using shell, Perl and ANT scripts.
- Wrote Stored procedures and Database Triggers using PL/SQL.
- Involved in using IBM WebSphere MQ Series connection with AS/400(IBM SYSTEM i).
- Worked in using JBoss Application Server for deploying and testing the code.
- Developed Report functionalities in excel using Jakarta Poi.
- Involved in Prototype using Macromedia Dream weaver.
- Designed network diagram, and set up the Development Environment, SIT and UAT environment by installing and configuring Web Logic Application Server on UNIX environment.
- Responsible in Integrating Application with CICS for Real Time Search Criteria and Retrieval.
- Used SAX and DOM for parsing XML documents and XSLT for transformation.
- Developed EJB’s (Session Beans) for implementing business logic and transactional services.
- Developed MessageHandler Adapter, which converts the dataobjects into XML message and invoke an enterprise service and vice-versa using JAVA, JMS, MQ Series.
- Responsible for preparing use cases, class and sequence diagrams for the modules using UML.
- Developed Data Access Layer to interact with backend by implementing Hibernate Framework.
- Wrote Junit classes for the services and prepared documentation.
- Developed Data Access Objects to access middleware web services as well as Sybase database.
- Integrated various modules and deployed them in WebSphere Application Server.
ENVIRONMENT: Java, J2EE, Mainframe, C++, Struts, Servlets, EJB, JDBC, Junit, HTML, Java Script, XML, XSLT, CORBA, PL/SQL, DB2, WebSphere Application Server, Apache Tomcat, Eclipse, JBoss, Visual Source Safe, Unix (Solaris), IBM WebSphere MQ Series, Agile, UML, My SQL, Hibernate, Sybase.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Designed the applications using OOAD.
- Followed Extreme Programming (XP) concepts one of the method of Agile Methodology to produce high Quality software and satisfy the customers.
- Wrote stored procedures using PL/SQL for data retrieval from different tables.
- Implemented Kerberos Authentication Service to validate users logging into Quill.
- Designed and implemented Struts (MVC Paradigm) components such as Action Mapping, Action class, Dispatch action class, Action Form bean, and a form set for validation and used JavaBeans to return dynamic information
- Wrote Entitlement Accessory Classes.
- Incorporated entitlement checks in the entire session bean. Created and deployed numerous Session and Entity beans.
- Worked extensively on bug fixes on the server side and made cosmetic changes on the UI side.
- Part of performance tuning team and implemented caching mechanism and other changes.
- Recreated the system architecture diagram and created numerous new class and sequence diagrams.
- Created combined deployment descriptors using XML for all the session and entity beans.
- Developed the Login screen so that only authorized and authenticated administrators can only access the application.
- Developed various activities like transaction history, search products that enable users to understand the system efficiently.
- Configured Oracle connection pool, which is included in Oracle JDBC driver JAR file, to allow concurrent access to the database and optimize performance.
- Involved in preparing the Documentation of the project to understand the system efficiently.
ENVIRONMENT: JSP, Servlets, JDBC, Java Script, HTML, Apache Tomcat Server, Oracle.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Involved in modifying, updating and testing of the component.
- Involved in group meeting with teammates and made substantial changes to the architecture to improve performance of the Application.
- Modified JSPs, used struts tag libraries and Java Server Pages Standard Tag Library (JSTL).
- Maintained Struts architecture throughout the application.
- Developed the bean classes for better data exchange between the MVC layers
- Successfully differentiated presentation from code.
- Used multi threading and socket programming.
- Deployed the application on WebLogic Application Server.
- Created connection pools and data sources.
- Used WinCVS as version Control system.
- Suggested ER models and changes in the table structures
- Modified SQL, PL/SQL procedures and triggers to obtain optimize output.
- Involved in separation of components and deploying in different servers and balancing the load among each Server.
- Solved performance issues and brought optimal output from the available resources.
ENVIRONMENT: S: Java, J2EE, Sybase, BEA WebLogic, Server, JSTL, SQL Server, Struts Frame work, Servlets, JSP, EJB, WinCVS, JavaBeans, Eclipse, UML, Windows XP/Linux.