- Over 8 years of software development experience in object oriented programming, design and development of Multi - Tier distributed, Enterprise applications using Java and JEE technologies.
- Strong JEE/Java application development background, with experience in defining functional and technical specifications.
- Extensive knowledge in working with JEE technologies such as Servlets, JSP, JDBC, EJB, JNDI, Java Beans, JMS and Object Oriented Programming.
- Experience in working on Linux environment and writing Unix shell scripts.
- Experience in various Agile methodologies like Test Driven Development (TDD) and SCRUM
- Intensive knowledge in databases like Oracle, SQL Server, PL/SQL, Queries, Triggers, DB2 Client, O/R Mapping, Hibernate, and JPA.
- Experience in client side designing and validations using HTML, DHTML, CSS, Java Script, AJAX and JSP.
- Expertise in various open source frameworks like Struts, Spring, JSF, and ORM Technology like Hibernate 3.0.
- Experience in working with multiple Servers like IBM Web Sphere, Web Logic, JBoss and Apache Tomcat.
- Extensive development experience on different IDE’s like Eclipse, MyEclipse, NetBeans, Web Logic Workshop
- Experience in XML related technologies like JAXP, JAXB, XML, XSL, XSD, XPATH, DTD, and XML Schemas.
- Experience working with distributed systems and enhancing the performance of the applications.
- Experience in working with applications from scratch and designing architecture of the applications.
- Experience in developing Stored Procedures, Functions and Triggers using Oracle PL/SQL and DB2
- Experience in using DOM and SAX parsers to process, validate, parse and extract data from XML files.
- Experience in Web Services Technologies like SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, JMS and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Expertise in various components in Spring IOC, AOP and MVC (Model View Controller) architecture.
- Experienced in using Log4j and good expertise in Ant tool and Maven tool.
- Good experience on Design Patterns (J2EE) like Singleton, Abstract Factory, DAO, Session Facade, Front Controller, and Delegate Pattern.
- Extensive experience in implementation of the version control software Git, VSS, CVS and Clear Case.
- Assisted in Developing testing plans and procedures for unit test, system test, and acceptance test.
Languages: Java 1.4/5/6/7/8, SQL and PL/SQL, UML, XML, XSL, XSLT, C, C++
JEE Technologies: JDBC 2.1/3.0, Servlets, JSP, JSF, JNDI, JMS, JUnit, Java Mail API, RMI, JAXB, JAXP, REST.
Frameworks: Struts 1.x, Spring 1.x/2.x/3.x/4.x, MVC architecture, JSF 1.x/2.x, EJB 2.x/3.x
Persistence layer: Hibernate 2/3.1, JPA
IDEs/tools: Eclipse, MyEclipse, Net-Beans, JBoss, WSAD/RAD, IBM Rational Software Architect (RSA).
Design Modeling: OOA/OOD, AOP, UML
Version Control: Git, VSS, CVS, Subversion, Clear Case.
Database: Oracle10g/9i, DB2, Sybase, Microsoft Access, and MySQL, Mongo, Cassandra
Documentation Tools: MS Office 2003/2007/2010, Visio, MS Project, MS SharePoint
Web/Application Servers: IBM Web Sphere, Web Logic, Apache Tomcat.
Methodologies: Agile, SCRUM, TDD, Waterfall
Operating Systems: Windows (Major), Linux
Others: ANT, IVY, Maven, Rational Rose, UMLet, Log4J, JUnit, DbUnit
Confidential, Petersburg, FLJava Developer
- Worked in Agile methodology for the project development.
- Developed RESTful APIs using Spring Boot (Spring MVC) for faster development without much fuss of container configuration.
- Created Swagger documents as specs for defining the REST APIs.
- Created micro-services with Kafka as message broker for interaction between micro-services asynchronously.
- Used Mongo DB, Cassandra as backend database.
- Wrote Spark jobs for inbound and outbound file batch processing, and also for loading the data into the database.
- Used Drools rule engine for implementing the business rules.
- Used Git-Hub enterprise as the source code repository.
- Created Docker files for building the Docker images and running the applications inside Docker containers.
- Used Consul for all key value pair as well as service registry
- Experience working with AWS (Amazon Web Services), working with EC2, RDS, S3, Cloud Formation Templates.
- Installing, configuring Cassandra on AWS platform.
- Created Jenkins jobs for building application, continuous integration and jar uploading on Nexus repository.
- Automated test cases using the Cucumber software tool.
- Used tools like Spring STS, RubyMine, Kafka Tool, SOAP UI, and Eclemma Plugin for code coverage.
- Used Mockito and PowerMockito to mock the dependencies while writing Junit tests.
Environment: Java 8, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Integration, Apache spark, Docker, Consul, AWS cloud, Kafka, Mongo, Cassandra, Git.
Confidential, Warren, PAJava Developer
- Actively participated in the complete Software development life cycle starting from design phase to the implementation phase.
- Used Spring Framework for IoC/dependency injection and lifecycle management of Java objects.
- Wrote several RESTful enterprise APIs using JAX-RS jersey, Spring, and deployed them in Tomcat.
- Implemented Object-relation mapping in the persistence layer using hibernate framework and JPA.
- Used Spring JDBC for writing the DAO layer.
- Developed Java classes using JDBC to perform data validation once the data is loaded into back office database from different data sources.
- Created JUnit test cases and implementation throughout application.
Environment: Java 1.7, JAX-RS 2.0, JAXB, Log4J, Maven2, JPA/Hibernate 3.0, SOAP, REST Web services, JMS, Spring2.5, Apache Tomcat, Oracle 11g, Eclipse 3.5, AJAX, Linux, Perforce.
Confidential, Sacramento, CAJava Developer
- Implemented Different Design patterns like singleton, factory and J2EE design patterns like Business delegate, session facade, Value object and DAO design patterns.
- Used Spring Framework’s IOC Dependency Injection to inject Service Object using Service Locator Design Pattern into Action Classes.
- Used Struts tag libraries in the JSP pages.
- Technical support for all Guidewire suite Application in production.
- Involved in Guidewire Integration using web service (Soap).
- Converted legacy data into Guidewire system using XML.
- Developed a controller Servlet that dispatches request to appropriate Action Classes.
- Developed the application under J2EE Architecture using Spring, Struts, Hibernate, Servlets, Web logic and JSP.
- Used Java Persistence API (JPA) and Hibernate for performing the Database Transactions.
- Used join point and advice Spring AOP modules for cross cutting concerns and IOC for dependency injection.
- Designed extensive additions to existing Java Web Application utilizing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) techniques.
- Extensively worked on Spring Bean wiring, Spring DAO and Spring AOP modules.
- Implemented SOA architecture with web services using SOAP, WSDL, UDDI and XML.
- Identified and resolved programming issues, Servlets and EJB s performance tuning opportunities.
- Used JMS API for asynchronous communication by putting the messages in the Message queue.
- Consumed Web Services (WSDL, SOAP, UDDI) from third party for authorizing payments to/from customers.
- Involved in Developing Web Application with Full Software Development life Cycle (SDLC) from Design to Deployment using agile methodologies.
- Created detail design documents which has the UML Design diagrams, table information, object model etc which are required for the developer.
- MVC architecture is implemented by struts framework.
- Exposed Survey API to other applications in DOE using Apache Axis2.
- Page design and development are done using Oracle BPM.
- Involved in implementing JQuery for providing interactive user interfaces.
- Written Test cases using JUnit to validate the application flows in different scenarios in the standalone application.
Confidential, Dallas, TXJava Developer
- Involved in database modeling applying the normalization rules
- Developed Code using Struts framework, based on the MVC design pattern
- Developed the presentation layer using Struts Tag Libraries
- Developed the application with iterative methodology, recapturing the existing code and writing a new code for most of the modules
- Created POC for Spring Batch for running batch jobs.
- Worked on backend logic usring Servlets, EJB and JDBC.
- Developed page specific elements, handlers, web beans, view helper classes, JSP pages & fragments by using design patterns and java standards
- Developed business services using EJB’s and used SOAP API.
- Involved in debugging the product using JIRA Bug Tracking
- Deployed the application on to Websphere application server.
- Developed servlets for generating reports in PDF format.
- Implemented multiple high-performance MongoDB replica sets on EC2 with robust reliability.
- Implemented logging using log4j.
- Deployed the application in JBOSS Application Server.
- Developed Servlets and Worked extensively on My SQL.
- Worked with MySQL for SQLYog and Workbench.
- Written JQuery Validations for the User Front-ends.
- Maintenance of data in different Oracle Database and environments using TOAD.
- Worked on Hibernate object/relational mapping per database schema.
- Effective using in Clearcase and clearquest for version control and defect tracking.
- Used the light weight container of the Spring MVC Frame work to provide architectural flexibility for inversion of controller (IOC).
- Involved in the complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases such as Requirement Analysis, Design and Implementation of the project.
- Used Spring Framework for dependency injection.
- Implemented and deployed several EJB (Session and Entity).
- The front end of the project is designed on MVC architecture using struts, Tiles frameworks .
- Involved in Configuring tiles-def.xml, web.xml and struts-config.xml according to the strut framework.
- Used LOG4J for error logging at the development box and used ANT for building the deployable EAR/WAR components.
- Used WebSphere Application Server for deploying various components of application.
- EJB’s were running under the hood of WebSphere container/server.
- Implemented Back office loan services and web applications using Session Façade, Service Locator, Data Access Objects, Business Delegate, MVC, Front Controller and Data Transfer Object design patterns .
- Created DB2 SQL Procedures, Functions & Stored Procedures, Nested Tables, Cursors, DB2 Packages, Reports & SQL Functions for Reports.
- Developed the application using RAD model.
- Worked with VSS Version control to create virtual library of computer files.
Environment: Java1.5, JSP2.0, Servlets2.4, EJB2.0, Struts1.2, Spring 2.0.3, JDBC3.0, Design patterns, Html, XML, CSS, Log4j, Ant, Web services, RAD6.0, IBM WebSphere server6.1, IBM DB29.0, VSS. EJB, Eclipse, Ant, Linux.