- Over nine years of software development experience in Java, JEE in UNIX and Windows environment
- Hands on JEE development with Tomcat, WebLogic and WebSphere Application servers
- Excellent skills in Object Oriented Design and Programming
- Highly skilled in web application development using Servlets, JSP, Struts, Spring MVC and AJAX
- Proficient in database application development and integration
- Complex system integration, testing and customer support
- Worked on DevOps,Agile methodologies
- Experience working with Git,Github, Maven and Jenkins.
- Excellent communication skills and strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, with the ability to work effectively independently and as a part of a team.
- SUN Certified Java Programmer (SCJP)
Programming Languages: Java, C, C++
Servers: Oracle Application Server 9i, 10g, Weblogic, Websphere, IBM MQ,Apache Tomcat
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows NT 4.0, UNIX (HP/UX 10.x, SUN Solaris), Linux
Databases: SQL, Oracle 7.1, 9i, SQLPlus, PL/SQL, Sybase, MySQL,MongoDB
IDE: Eclipse, WSAD, JBuilder, NetBeans, SUNOneStudio, EditPlus, JDeveloper, UltraEdit, Toad, IntelliJ
Tools: Unix, vi, SCCS, Clear Case, CVS, SVN, Git, GitHub, HTML, XMLSpy, SOAP UI, MS Office, Visio, JTwain, Fortify scan, Jenkins, Maven
Others: UML, Design patterns, Communication Protocols, Computer graphics (GSK)
Senior Software Developer
Confidential, Holmdel, NJ
- Supported and enhanced several UI functions of existing Confidential customer care portal based on Java, Struts and Spring MVC architecture. Added new JSPs, Action, controllers and Restful web services.
- Developed test cases using Junit and Mockrunner for unit testing on restful services and web UI. Utilized SOAP UI and Ready API for standalone testing and troubleshoot of backend restful services.
- Developed service layer which uses restful and SOAP web services and JSON to access data from several backend services.
- Participated in Agile Scrum projects, interacted with business users to gather UI requirements and documented user stories. Helped with testing and presented demos on new features to Users and developers collaboration sessions.
- Designed, developed and supported several backend restful services implemented using Spring Boot microservices architecture. Contributions include development of new services for Interactive Voice Response (IVR), Line Number Porting (LNP) and Direct Inward Dialling (DID) telephone number management.
- Created unit test cases and performed development and integration testing using SOAP UI.
- Performed several production releases using DevOps model and standard procedures. Created and supported deployment scripts using Puppet.
- Supported existing batch procedures for Tax update functionality using third party vendor tools such as EZTax and EZ Geo.
- Migrated existing code base from Log4J to Log4j2
- Performed security code scanning using Fortify scan tool.
- Performed proof of concept of nextgen services using AWS cloud.Utilized Tomcat /EC2 Linux VM and MongoDB environment in virtual private cloud in AWS.
Senior Software Developer
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
- Designed and developed ‘Multi file upload’ - feature, utilizing YUI AJAX library, where users can select and upload multiple files from remote client desktop into Trade capture system. The files can be ‘word’, ‘csv’ or ‘excel’ in format. Utilized Apache POI to process and, transform the documents containing one or more trade messages into Trade objects and validate before persisting into database in the workflow. Documented high level architecture and technical implementation using UML.
- Actively participated in Agile methodology based on project as a scrum development team member. Attended daily scrum meetings, provides updates to scrum master and to the team.
- Designed and developed a new UI views, based on YUI framework to display dynamic data tables providing the user a functionality to add, delete and update the data using inline row editing.
- Modified existing Groovy based rules to Drools framework. These rules are applied to trade messages for enrichment and validations.
- Redesigned existing component responsible to handle messaging which was based on J2EE Message Beans (EJB/MDB) into plain JMS using Message Listener to improve system architecture and reduce complexity.
- Developed new component in the framework with features: (i) automatic generation of transaction reference number, (ii) auto resetting daily sequence using database function, (iii) integration in transaction message flows to downstream to enable SWIFT integration.
- Designed and developed services based on spring framework utilizing spring core and spring JDBC and integrated with existing web application.
- Documented high level technical approach and contributed to functional, design documents (FD, TDD) using UML standards, actively participated in requirement gathering and code reviews meetings.
- Effectively interacted with distributed teams. Collaborated on technical design, documentation and knowledge sharing with development and business community.
Confidential, Middletown NJ
- Developed web service client using SOAP and CXF to allow AT&T cloud portal support of 7X24 services. Tested the web service using SOAP UI.
- Created a dynamic check availability of username for tenant creation for platform as a service feature using Ajax, DOJO, DWR, web services and Hibernate.
- Created Restful web service using JSON object to support Platform as a service to API gateway which in turn calls Longjump.
- Actively participated in code review meetings.
Confidential, Mt Laurel, NJ
- Developed automated process for pre sales task service for task management, creation of survey site management and fiber survey information using Struts framework. Extended Hibernate based DAO layer to implement pre sales task service process.
- Implemented various DWR calls from presentation layer to services layer for in between communication. Added JSTL tags in the front end layer to manipulate data for viewing purposes.
- Designed and developed POJO based service interface and implementation using Spring beans and integrated with web layer using spring application context. Detailed the design using UML sequence and class diagrams.
- Developed web service client using Axis2 to integrate with SalesForce Automation server. Tested web service using SOAP UI.
- Implemented JUNIT test cases and integration test and documented test scenarios and procedures for UAT.
- Actively participated in design review meetings, and code review meetings.
Confidential, North Branch, NJ
- Actively participated in the implementation of Non-Conformance Reports. Defined, analysed and documented functional specifications for Non Conformance Reports process. Implemented non-conformance report process using the struts based MVC framework.
- Designed and developed Calibration view feature. The changes for this new functionality include creating new JSP(s), adding new Java classes and changing existing database stored procedures.
- Implemented Data Access Objects (DAO) using plain JDBC, Spring JDBC and struts action classes to implement non-conformance report functionality.
- Designed and Implemented Scan New Certificate of Calibration: Created new Scan Applet using JTWain API and integrated with Web application. Created a standalone process using Swing to launch the Scan Process.
- Designed and implemented a web service to search and retrieve reports from Alfresco document management system. The web service is designed based on top-down approach, document style using Axis2 engine and is integrated with BOM portal.
- Complete Customer Complaint Application: Added new functionality to complete customer complaint using web application. Added validation rules for data integrity, added scan documents capability with save to Alfresco Document Management System. Added Item search, alerts for overdue action items.
- Modified ANT scripts to perform automated tests after system build. Created ANT task to deploy the ear / war files on WebSphere server.
Confidential, Warren, NJ
- Actively participated in the implementation of Customer Verification Number (CVV2) and Card ID (CID) functionality to reduce fraudulent credit card transactions and customer charge backs.
- Modified Payment Processor Controller component to implement functionality to restrict CID attempts after a configurable number failure.
- Implemented several enhancements to Cash Management Workbook tool (CMW). The new features include: Automated Reconciliation of cash held in POS stores to the general ledger every month, Improve accuracy of information entry.
- Implemented several JavaBeans to encapsulate business logic and perform validation and integrated in use cases through Struts framework.
- Created and modified several EJBs with CMP based on existing framework to implement changes in persistence layer. Added JDBC based Data Access Objects when required to access database. Created new tables, views in database and integrated through persistence layer using EJB, JDBC DAOs.
- Designed and developed web services for (i) exposing End-of-Day functionality in NetAce that CMW application requires and (ii) displaying NetAce transactions in CMW screens
- Reported and resolved an existing critical bug, which caused an un-reproducible memory, issues in production environment. One of the components was not closing the files after loading about 800 files but left for garbage collection to clean up. The system did not run into memory issues after releasing the resources.
- Interacted with Business Analysts to translate business requirements in to functional requirements, implement technical solutions and develop test cases. Prepared technical notes for process changes and useful information to support effectively for operating team.
- Actively participated in production release activities, which include pre-production testing, pilot testing at customer sites.
- Performed Level 3 production support during predefined schedule on 24/7 bases. Worked and resolved several trouble tickets which require analysing the problem in production environment, view logfiles, query database tables.