- Over 8+ Years of Experience in Developing, Analyzing and designing, stand Alone applications using Java/J2EE Technologies using J2EE technologies.
- Participated in entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Requirement Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Implementation, Documentation and Support of software applications
- Strong experience developing J2EE applications, Enterprise Applications using Java, J2EE, Spring 3.2/4.0 Framework, Hibernate 4.0, PL/SQL, Web Services (SOAP and RESTFUL), Microservices and Junit Testing.
- Experience working in MVC framework using Spring Framework including Spring MVC, Spring Security, Spring IOC, Spring JDBC.
- Experience in REST web services API's supporting both XML and JSON implementing Spring MVC.
- Experience in working on modern MEAN Stack - MongoDB, Express, Angular, and Node.
- Very Good Experience in implementing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) using JAX-WS with WSDL, XSD and SOAP, handling SOAP over HTTP techniques.
- Experience in Objected Oriented Design patterns and J2EE Design patterns like MVC, Singleton, Facade, Front Controller, Abstract Factory, Factory, Service, DAO, DTO and Business Delegate patterns.
- Worked on AWS, High Availability Practices and deploying backup/restore infrastructure.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route53, VPC, RDB, DynamoDB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Working directly with Amazon Web Services engineers to ensure that customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible.
- Experience in using Version Control Tools GitHub, Atlassian Bitbucket, SVN and CVS.
- Worked with Web Application Servers IBM WebSphere, Oracle WebLogic, Apache Tomcat and JBOSS.
- Used Java Messaging Services JMS (HornetQ) and WebSphere MQ for reliable and asynchronous exchange of important information such as payment status report.
- Used ANT, Maven, Jenkins and Gradle scripts for building and deploying the application in web/App servers.
- Strong Experience in database design using PL/SQL to write Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers and strong experience in writing complex queries, using Oracle 11g, DB2, SQL Server and MySQL.
- Experience in using the open source tools Log4j, Maven, ANT, JUnit, TestNG & SOAP UI.
- Experienced in working on different software development methodologies like Agile, SCRUM and Waterfall.
- Strong work ethic with desire to succeed and make significant contributions to the organization
- Strong problem-solving skills, good communication, interpersonal skills and a good team player
- Have the motivation to take independent responsibility as well as ability to contribute and be a productive team member.
Programming Languages: Java 8, J2EE, C++, PL/SQL, Spring 3.2/4.0, Hibernate 4.0, UNIX Shell
Web Services/ Testing: REST (JAX-RS) and SOAP Web Services (JAX-WS), AWS, Junit 3.8 and 4.10, log4j, Mockito.
Familiar IDE: NetBeans, Eclipse, SQL Developer, IBM Data Studio
Databases: Oracle 10g/11g, MySQL, DB2 9.7, MongoDB
Repositories: GitHub, Bitbucket, SVN, CVS
Project Management Software: Atlassian JIRA, Version One
Application Servers: Oracle WebLogic 10c, 11g and 12c, IBM WebSphere 126.96.36.199, Tomcat 6.0 and 7.0 and JBOSS
Build Tool/ Servers: Ant, Maven 3.0 and above, Gradle, Jenkins
Messaging: JMS, WebSphere MQ and Apache Active
Sr Full Stack Java Developer
Confidential, Nashville, TN
- Developing Microservices by creating REST APIs for healthcare services
- Reengineered the existing legacy application into a web based application using the latest web technologies.
- Analyzed requirements with the business team, and involved in design, development and testing of the application.
- Developed J2EE web application using the Java 8, multi-threading, Spring MVC 4.1.0, Spring - JDBC and implemented caching in the application using IBM dynacache.
- Developed Spring REST web services to serve multiple applications across the organization. The data is provided in JSON and used Jackson library. Also, consumed REST web services.
- Implemented User Interface and integrated with backend code, Node.JS as server-side technology for the feedback system.
- The complete feedback system was designed using MEAN (MongoDB, Express JS, Angular JS, Node JS) stack technologies for quick response and throughput.
- Build REST web service by building Node JS Server in the back-end to handle requests sent from the front-end JQUERY, AJAX via JSON.
- Build servers using AWS which includes importing necessary volumes, launching the EC2 instance, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers, Route 53 and SNS as per the architecture.
- Used Amazon S3 for database backup regularly and save snapshots of data.
- Used WebSphere MQ (Message Queues) for reliable and asynchronous exchange of important information between multiple business applications.
- Created complex scheduler tasks/jobs using Quartz Scheduler library. Developed custom exception handling mechanism to handle errors/exceptions.
- Used Apache Maven build tool to automate the build process and Jenkins CI for continuous integration.
- Followed Agile Software Development Methodology and Test-Driven Development (TDD) to build the application iteratively and incrementally. Participated in scrum related activities and Daily Scrum Meetings.
- Proficient in an agile development team to deliver an end to end Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery product in an open source environment using tools like Chef & Jenkins.
Environment: Spring 4.1, Java 1.7, Spring JDBC, IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.5, Angular JS 2.0, Unix/Linux, Ember.js 2.0, Junit 2.5, CSS3, Bootstrap, HTML5, DB2 9.2, JIRA, Atlassian Bitbucket, Docker, Jenkins CI 1.5, Slf4j-log4j, IBM dynacache and WebSphere MQ.
Mean Stack/Java Developer
Confidential, Kansas City, MO.
- Analyzed business requirements, participated in technical design, development and testing of various modules assigned.
- Facilitate patch installations with the E.H.R. administrator group.
- Modelled data in Health Intent in Foundation Medicine, using Foundation Medicine proprietary software, Excel, and FHIR (HL7).
- Utilizing modern healthcare standards, such as Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR).
- Developed and tested website using the MEAN Stack (Mongo DB, Express, AngularJS, and NodeJS).
- Followed the overall application MVVM architecture to create MVC layers in AngularJS and NodeJS layers.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications developed with Java and Node.js.
- Developed REST based Microservices using Spring Boot.
- Developed RESTful API's, which takes in an HTTP request and produces the HTTP response in JSON format using microservices.
- Experience developing production Node.js applications with Express module.
- Designed and implemented CRUD (create, read, update and delete) operations of MongoDB database management system and handled database access and data transmission based on Restful web service.
- Worked on core AWS services such as setting up new server (EC2) instance in AWS.
- Developed page layouts, Navigations and presented designs & concepts to the clients and management review.
- Developed a Single Page Application (SPA) for client managers to keep a track of the flow of inventory between various departments.
- Used various features from AngularJS like data binding, routing, custom filters and directives to meet various customized requirements.
- Used http services and resource in AngularJS to get and handle JSON data from backend.
- Maintained cross browser compatibility using libraries like jQuery and achieved responsiveness using Bootstrap CSS.
- Worked with Agile software lifecycle methodologies. Create design documents when and as required.
- Enhancement of existing application utilizing JSP, Created HTML navigation menu that is role based menu items changes dynamically, derived from the database in the form of XML.
- Enhanced user experience by designing new web features using MVC Framework like Backbone.js and node.js.
- Extensively worked with making calls to APIs to fetch the data from the backend as JSON response and parse it on the UI for DOM/CSS Manipulation.
- Co-ordinate with QA for testing, Production releases, Application deployment and integration.
- Configured AWS cloud infrastructure as code using Terraform and continuous deployment through Jenkins.
- Provided production level code to the engineering team for product development, including cross-browser support, CSS optimization, and ADA compliance support.
- Configured mod cluster with JBOSS EAP 6 and UNDERTOW with JBOSS EAP 7
Jr. Java/J2EE Developer
Confidential, New York
- Involve in installation and configuration of Web Logic Application Server on Windows XP systems for the application.
- Extensively used CVS for version control management.
- Used Spring Framework for developing the application. Implemented the persistence layer using Hibernate and configured Hibernate with Spring to interact with the Oracle Database from the DAO.
- Extensive use of maven to build and deploy the application into dev environment and QA environment and work with the front-end developers in displaying the data.
- Extensive use of Collection Framework features like Map, Object, List to retrieve the data from Web Service, manipulate the data to in corporate Business Logic and save the data to Oracle database.
- Used Multithreading to simultaneously process tables as and when a specific user data is completed in one table.
- Consume Web Services using java to retrieve the required information to be populated in the database.
- Use of SOAP UI to verify the WSDL end point URL.
- Wrote PL/SQL Stored Procedure using TOAD for archiving data daily for a monthly report and scheduled the job using DBMS Scheduler.
- Externalized Business Logic from code using database to store dynamic rules based on UI used by business and used these rules in the code to apply business logic to data.
- Used Agile methodology that included iterative application development, weekly Sprints and daily stand up meetings.
- Created number of scripting tasks to get different libraries which we have created for the logging and exceptional handling using C# in the IDE visual studio 2012.
Jr. Java/J2EE Developer
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Involved in the business meetings to develop the application and make it work effectively for the important business segment of the client.
- Worked with Spring & Struts as an Integration Framework to Design & Develop the whole Application.
- Used Hibernate extensively to interact with Oracle 11g Database.
- Involved in installation and configuration of Web Logic Application Server on Windows XP and Unix/Linux systems for the application.
- Worked with JMS Connection Pool and the implementation of messaging using Spring JMS and Message Queues.
- Developed JUnit test cases to unit test the business logic. Added constraints, indexes to the database design. Developed business objects and other based on the database tables.
- Wrote PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Views and Queries using SQL Developer for archiving data daily for daily and monthly report and scheduled the job using Spring Scheduler.
- Apache Maven is used as Build tool to automate the build process for the entire application and Hudson for continuous integration.
- Responsible for coding, deploying applications according to the client approved specifications and requirements. .
- Ensure that coding standards are maintained throughout the development process by all developers.
- Followed agile methodology that included iterative application development, weekly Sprints and daily stand up meetings.
- Analysis, design and development of Application based on J2EE and Design Patterns.
- Used Struts framework for managing the navigation and page flow.
- Created templates using design patterns (Business Delegate, Service Locator, Session Façade) Extensively.
- Used JDBC for accessing the data from the DB2 database.
- Provided support for Production and Implementation Issues.
- Involved in end-user/client training of the application.
- Involved in the release management process to QA/UAT/Production regions.
- Used JMS for the asynchronous exchange of critical business data and events among J2EE components and legacy system.
- For user convenience, a third-party chat application Kana is incorporated in the system to provide users with the feature of chatting with licensed MetLife Agents.
- User can choose to buy the policy online or can speak to agent’s local to his area by using the Agent Locator service.
- Clear Case was used as the Version Control Software.
- Generated prepared statements for Database updates.
- Involved in Development of master screens like Service Requests, Change Requests Screens.
- Design architecture following J2EE MVC framework.
- Developed Java UI using swing.
- Used Java Message Service (JMS) for reliable and asynchronous exchange of important information between the clients and the customer
- Designed and developed Message driven beans that consumed the messages from the Java message queue
- Development of database interaction code to JDBC API making extensive use of SQL Query Statements and advanced prepared statement.
- Taken care of complete Java multi-threading part in back end components.
- Wrote SQL Scripts, Stored procedures and SQL Loader to load reference data.
- Fixed the bugs identified in test phase.
- Used Junit for testing Java classes.
- Performed Unit Testing and Regression testing.
Environment: Java, MVC Framework, Apache Tomcat, Oracle8i, SQL, HTML, JDBC, EJB, Junit.