- 15+ years of experience in Java EE and related web technologies
- Sun Certified Java Programmer. Pursuing AWS Certification.
- Extensive experience in enterprise grade projects using Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Hibernate, MyBatis, DB2, Oracle etc.
- Designed and developed a solution for Confidential & Confidential that improved performance by about 800%.
- Developed the proof of concepts when and where needed using open source and licensed software.
- Developed and consumed several RESTful and SOAP web services
- Sound OOP and design patterns fundamentals
- Experienced in Telecom, Life Sciences, Insurance, Biotechnology/Life Sciences domains
- Experienced in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Clear, crisp communication. Ability to communicate to technical and non - technical audience
- Team Terrific - Awarded by Deloitte Consulting for meeting a very tight time line
- Global Growth Award - Awarded by Confidential for solving performance issues of Proficy Portal
- Eagle Award - Awarded by Confidential for timely solutions to complex issues Confidential Halliburton
- State Topper - Topped in a test where 3000 software professionals competed
AWS: Cloud EC2, S3, Elasticache for Redis, Dynamo DB etc.
Operating Systems: Unix, Linux, Xenix, Windows, DOS
Databases and related tools: DB2, Oracle, NoSQL(DynamoDB), MySQL, Sybase, UDB, Maria DB, MS SQLServer, Tamino XML DB, MS Access, PostgreSQL, Elastic Search, SQL
Application Servers: JBoss/ Red Hat WildFly, IBM WebSphere, Oracle WebLogic, Apache Tomcat
CM and DM Tools: Git, SVN, CVS, PVCS, VSS, Perforce, Maven, Ant, Gradle
Others: SOA, ESB, Kafka, Apache Storm, Kibana, JUnit, Mokito, Power Mock, Junit SoapUI, UML
Sr. Software Engineer
- The objective of the project was to build services that help with analytics, configuration and processing of enterprise wide data management. The application helps users with what and how much data gets copied from production MF environments to test MF environments for each enterprise wide release.
- The application checks production Vision DB2 tables Confidential pre-determined configurable intervals and gathers the production counts for various categories called smart sample categories. The application then uses that information to pull production data into test environments Confidential smaller proportions compared to production counts. The application also has a dashboard which shows, for each category, currently available data in comparison to what was pulled initially. The application allows to pull more data for a given category or adjust the future pulls.
- I have been assigned to an ongoing project which was to be brought to closure by resolving the hurdles that are preventing the closure. Reviewed existing code and proposed refined approaches and developed several new RESTful services. Created/updated design documents and gained approvals.
- Worked with front end team to help them with design and development of UI which calls the RESTful services and renders what it received from the backend services.
Technologies: Java 8, Spring Framework, RESTful web services, DB2, Maria DB, Oracle DB
Sr. Software Engineer
- Analysed the new requirements, attended and conducted sessions to finalize the request/response of the services to be developed.
- Collaborated with different backend system teams to figure where to get the response information of the service being designed/developed.
- Participate in design reviews, and code reviews. Provide and/or seek design and code reviews for the service solution/s. Design, develop and test the service end point/s.
Technologies: Java, Spring Framework, Hibernate, provide and consume Web Services (SOAP and RESTful), Oracle DB, Maven, SVN, Git etc.
Sr. Software Engineer
- Analysed the pain points of a complex billing system involving Java and related web technologies.
- Proposed different solutions utilizing newer technologies where appropriate. Documented solutions along with pros and cons for each pain point. Collaborated to finalize the solution/s.
- In record time, designed and developed the proof of concept where needed in what is considered most complex technical environment.
- Developed Java/Spring code necessary to read the data from Redis cache to reduce the latency. The cache is hydrated in two ways. Write through and Lazy Loading.
- New solution/s improved the performance by about 800% .
Technologies: Java, AWS , Spring Framework, RESTful, Oracle DB, NOSQL, ElastiCache for Redis
Sr. Software Developer
- Lead sessions to understand the requirements and scope out the project
- Conducted extensive analysis to understand what can be used from open source space. Built prototypes and ensured the scale and performance needed can be achieved by Elastic Stack
- Architected, designed and contributed to model the Elastic DB, develop the logstash scripts, and developed Kibana dashboards which read from Elastic DB.
- Automated deployments of the solution to hundreds of production servers reduced deployment time exponentially and eliminated manual errors/risks.
Technologies: Elastic Stack (Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana), RESTful services, Java, Spring Framework, Unix Shell scripts.
- In a multi-vendor program, our team was responsible for developing the service layer which was consumed by other layers.
- Played a critical role to translate the business requirements into a technical design and specifications.
- Contributed to hands-on Java development, design reviews, code reviews, process reviews to ensure different standards, methodologies, processes and policies are adhered during execution. Driven the delivery of projects by monitoring and tracking.
Technologies Used: Java, Spring Framework, WebSphere, SOA, RESTful and SOAP Services
Confidential, Hercules, CA
- Analysed the data model to identify what changes need to be made to the existing model.
- Analysed the code base to identify what changes need to be made to the code base in order to use the new data model
- Created a prototype with the proposed changes to ensure the solution works as expected. This involved adding locale to those tables which has data that is used by the UI.
- Also all the string resource bundles were created in as many languages as needed. The code changes to pick up appropriate string bundles based on user language selection are made all over the code base.
- Once the prototype results were acceptable, participated in design, development along with the rest of the team in the development, QA, UAT phases.
Technologies Used: Java, WebLogic, SQL Server, Autonomy, IBM Sterling Commerce
- Proficy is a Confidential Intelligent Platform product suite for automation and manufacturing space. Proficy Portal is a web portal which is capable of reading data from various data sources to render appropriately for monitoring on browser UI. Proficy Historian is a time series DB to store different kinds of plant floor data.
- Defined product road-maps working with global cross-functional teams. In a matrix organizational structure contributed to architect, design, develop, implement and refine software products.
- Reviewed designs, developed prototypes using open source software and worked hands-on for the major portion of a work week.
- Applied innovative and strategic application of technology for new product features. Owned the architecture, designs and delivered 3 product releases overall.
- Ensured predictable delivery of product releases. Worked with cross-functional teams like marketing, product support, consulting services in a global, matrix organizational structure.
Technologies Used: Java, RMI, Swing, C++
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
Sr. Software Engineer
- Has been recognized as the best architect in the professional services organization with everlasting energy for finding solutions and prescribing the same.
- IBM: Integrated the product with IBM’s Blue Pages for SSO and IBM’s CCMS for real time customer retrieval using web services.
- Halliburton: Instrumental in completing the project on time and below budget while architecting several integration touch points with SAP and LDAP.
- Qwest Communications: Design and development of integrations with Weblogic Portal, Single Sign-on, and Financial Approval Tool.
- Sempra Energy: Design and development of SAP integrations with 25 real-time touch points and 10 batch jobs involving SOAP, Web Services and JCO connectors to SAP.
- Prepared training material and conducted training sessions for new Engineers .
Technologies Used: Java, JBoss, WebLogic, Tamino XML DB, Oracle DB for storing XML docs
Confidential, Camarillo, CA
- Contributed in development activities to develop Bidvantage web portal - XML based Web Application.
- Devised and implemented a quick yet solid solution to overcome an Application Server’s limitation. This saved the go-live date.
- Technologies Used: Java, iPlanet App server, Apache Tomcat