- Over 8 years of extensive IT experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) which includes development, design, analysis, testing and Integration of various web based and client/server applications in multi - platform environments with JAVA/J2EE technologies.
- Experience in developing applications using SDLC methodologies like Waterfall, RUP, Agile (TDD, SCRUM) and Test-Driven Development.
- Developed Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Micro Service Architecture based J2EE applications.
- Utilized Java 8 features like Lambda expressions and Stream API for Bulk data operations on Collections which would increase the performance of the Application.
- Experience in developing and deploying applications on Cloud Platforms like Amazon Web Services.
- Managed Amazon Web Services like EC2, S3 bucket, ELB, Auto-Scaling, SNS, SQS, Dynamo DB, Elastic search, Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) through AWS Console and API Integration.
- Excellent in deploying the applications in AWS as EC2 instances and created snapshots for the data that had to be stored in AWS S3.
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed reaching one or more EC2 instances.
- Expert in Core Java and implementing concepts like Multithreading, Concurrency, Exception Handling, File handling, IO, Generics and Java collections in various projects.
- Expertise in implementing Design Patterns like Singleton, Prototype, Front Controller and DAO pattern.
- Experienced in developing web-based applications using Java/J2EE, Servlets, Struts ( Struts, Tag Libraries and Struts custom validation rules, Tiles ), Spring IOC, Spring MVC, Spring AOP, Spring Security, Spring Boot, JDBC, Web Services (SOAP & Restful services) and ORM frameworks like Hibernate.
- Excellent in developing REST and SOAP based Web Services using JAX-RS, JAX-WS, WSDL, JAX-B, Apache Axis, Apache CXF and Jersey frameworks.
- Experienced in implementation of JMS to exchange information over reliable channel in an asynchronous way by using Active MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka as message queue.
- Experience using Hibernate for mapping Java classes with database and using Criteria API and Hibernate Query Language (HQL).
- Good Knowledge of Data Access Object (DAO) pattern to introduce an abstraction layer between the Business logic tier (Business object) and the Persistent storage tier (data source).
- Worked with SQL databases like Oracle, My SQL, IBM DB2 and Hands on Experience in working with NoSQL Database like MongoDB, Cassandra to manage extremely large data sets.
- Proficient in writing SQL queries, PL/SQL stored procedures, Triggers and creating business tables.
- Hands on experience in working with Junit, Mockito and Selenium.
- Experienced with deploying applications on to production servers, configuring various parameters of servers like Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, IBM Web Sphere.
- Portable deployment of applications as a single object using Docker.
- Used version controller tools like Tortoise Subversion (SVN), CVS and Git.
- Created and consumed Micro Services based on Web API.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI’s.
- Experience in working with IDE’S like Eclipse, Spring Tool Suite (STS), RAD and Intellij.
- Have extensive experience working on Windows, Linux and Unix Operating Systems.
- Good understanding of Business workflow, Business logic and Business methods for further implementation of user requirement in a distributed application environment.
Languages: Java, J2EE, SQL and C/C++
No SQL Databases: Cassandra, MongoDB, Couch Base
Java Technologies: Servlets, JSP, JDBC, JNDI, Java Beans
Development/Build Tools: Eclipse, Ant, Maven, IntelliJ, JUNIT and log4J.
Frameworks: Struts, Spring and Hibernate
App/Web servers: WebSphere, WebLogic, JBOSS and Tomcat
DB Languages: MySQL, PL/SQL, PostgreSQL and Oracle
RDBMS: Teradata, Oracle 9i,10g,11i, MS SQL Server, MySQL and DB2
Operating systems: UNIX, LINUX, Mac OS and Windows Variants, Cosmos
Cloud Technologies: AWS (Amazon web services) -EC2, S3, Elastic Beanstalk EBS, Elastic Load Balancing ELB, API- Gateway
Testing Tools: HP QC, JIRA, QTP, Load Runner
XML Technologies: XML (SAX, DOM), JSON
Confidential, Madison, WI
Sr Java Full Stack Developer
- Involved in analysis, specification, design, and implementation and testing phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and used Agile methodology (SCRUM) for developing application.
- Application is implemented using Agile methodology where there is a daily SCRUM meeting to understand the status and resolve any issues.
- Upgraded existing UI with HTML5, CSS3, jQuery and Bootstrap.
- Designed, developed a custom, single-page, responsive web application on front end using AngularJS.
- Working as an application developer experienced with controllers, views and models in NodeJS.
- Developed user interface using JSP, JSP Tag libraries, third party libraries and Java Script to simplify the complexities of the application.
- Implemented core features of AngularJS framework such as dependency Injection, Data-binding, Filters, Directives, Templates, Services and Deep Linking Designing.
- Worked on Java 8 Streams and on lambda expressions.
- Involved in creating EC2 instances and installed required configurations and applications on it and created S3 buckets for storing object level data into it.
- Used AWS Cloud Watch to monitor the application and to store the logging information.
- Implemented the services using Micro-services architecture in which the services work independently.
- Implemented Micro-services using Amazon Web Services platform build upon Spring Boot Services.
- Worked with core java concepts like Collections Framework, Multithreading and Memory Management.
- Designed and developed the End Points (Controllers), Business Layer, DAO Layer using Hibernate/JDBC template, using Spring IOC (Dependency Injection).
- Used Spring Framework AOP Module to implement logging in the application to know the application status.
- Implemented the application using Spring IOC, Spring MVC Framework, Spring Batch, Spring Boot and handled the security using Spring Security.
- Implemented Batch jobs to deal with large chunks of data using Spring Batch Framework to execute the similar jobs simultaneously.
- Used Hibernate, object/relational mapping (ORM) solution, technique of mapping data representation from MVC model to Oracle Relational data model with an SQL-based schema.
- Designed and developed a JDBC driver that intercepts a create view DDL parses it, converts it to a relational model, and stores in the database.
- RESTful web services using Jersey for JAX-RS implementation.
- Used Oracle Database as Operational Data Storage (ODS) to perform Claims operations of members.
- Used MongoDB as Application Data Storage(ADS) to store the details of the members in the form of documents.
- Developed API’s to read and publish data from Elasticsearch cluster using native Java Transport client as well as REST client. Worked on Spring Integration with the Elasticsearch.
- Proficiency in adoption of architecture paradigms such as SOA, Web services, Middleware technologies.
- Involved in installing and configuring Maven for application builds and deployment.
- Worked on Log4J to validate functionalities and JUnit for unit testing.
- Used Jenkins as the integration tool and improved scalability of applications on cross-platforms.
- Used JIRA to assign, track, report and audit the issues in the application.
- Used GIT to maintain the version of the files and took the responsibility to do the code merges from branch to trunk and creating new branch when new feature implementation starts.
Confidential, Plano, TX
Full Stack Developer
- Involved in development, unit testing, performance tuning, application support & maintenance in Information Technology and analyzing and developing the application using Object Oriented Application & Design (OOAD).
- Worked on making AJAX calls to connect database using RESTful Web APIs and worked on integrating the middleware to front-end.
- Developed, deployed and maintained Single Sign On application in development, test and production environments.
- Created screens by assembling Struts Tiles: header, footer, menu, body and defined common page layouts, menu layouts, and use them by passing lists of items and links. Reuse existing layouts using inheritance.
- Implemented Spring Transaction management for some database transactions.
- Used Spring MVC, Spring AOP, Spring IOC and Hibernate to establish the Connection with Database for Store.
- Used Hibernate Query Language (HQL) to query Oracle database for complex data.
- Implemented Representational state transfer ( REST ) Web services for distributed systems using Jersey framework.
- Developed JMS Queues for asynchronous messaging and Web Services using SOAP/WSDL.
- Used NoSQL DB database MongoDB for proof of concept and having experience in create a Stored Procedures and having experience in Remote Procedure call (RPC) and Redis.
- Used Spring Core Annotations for Dependency Injection and used Apache Camel to integrate spring framework .
- Exposing and consuming the services to the downstream/upstream applications using Apache CXF and REST services.
- Extensive experience working with XML, XSD, JSON.
- Experienced in writing unit test cases using JUNIT and Mockito.
- Experience with Docker images, Containers, push/pull with Spring Boot, used Jenkins for CICD and AI .
- Experience in using Jenkins for Continuous Integration and Sonar jobs for java code quality.
- Deployed the applications using JBOSS Application server.
- Used SVN as version control tool.
- Used log4j to capture the log that includes runtime exceptions and debugging.
Confidential, Memphis, TN
- Played an active role in the team by interacting with welfare business analyst/program specialists and converted business requirements into system requirements.
- Developed analysis level documentation such as Use Case, Business Domain Model, Activity & Sequence and Class Diagrams.
- Conducted Design reviews and Technical reviews with other project stake holders.
- Implemented Services using Core Java.
- Developed and deployed UI layer logics of sites using JSP.
- Struts (MVC) is used for implementation of business model logic.
- Worked with Struts MVC objects like Action Servlet, Controllers, and validators, Web Application Context, Handler Mapping, Message Resource Bundles and JNDI for look-up for J2EE components.
- Developed dynamic JSP pages with Struts.
- Used built-in/custom Interceptors and Validators of Struts.
- Developed the XML data object to generate the PDF documents and other reports.
- Used Hibernate, DAO, and JDBC for data retrieval and medications from database.
- Used RabbitMQ message broker to send asynchronous messages to the consumers across the cloud network.
- Messaging and interaction of Web Services is done using SOAP.
- Developed Junit Test cases for Unit Test cases and as well as System and User test scenarios.
- Involved in Unit Testing, User Acceptance Testing and Bug Fixing.
- Implemented mid-tier business services to integrate UI requests to DAO layer commands.
Confidential, Somerset, NJ
- Actively participated in requirements gathering, analysis, design, and testing phases.
- Designed use case diagrams, class diagrams, and sequence diagrams as a part of Design Phase.
- Developed the entire application implementing MVC Architecture integrating JSF with Hibernate and Spring frameworks.
- Developed the Enterprise Java Beans (Stateless Session beans) to handle different transactions such as online funds transfer, bill payments to the service providers.
- Implemented Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) using JMS for sending and receiving messages while creating web services.
- Developed XML documents and generated XSL files for Payment Transaction and Reserve Transaction systems.
- Developed Web Services for data transfer from client to server and vice versa using Apache Axis, SOAP and WSDL.
- Used JUnit Framework for the unit testing of all the java classes.
- Implemented various J2EE Design patterns like Singleton, Service Locator, DAO, and SOA.
- Implemented the project according to the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Implemented JDBC for mapping an object-oriented domain model to a traditional relational database.
- Configuration of application using Spring, Hibernate, DAO’s, Actions Classes, Java Server Pages.
- Configuring Hibernate and Tiles related XML files.
- Developed presentation layer using Java Server Faces (JSF) MVC framework.
- Used JSP, HTML and CSS, jQuery as view components in MVC.
- Extensively used Spring IOC for Dependency Injection and worked on Custom MVC Frameworks loosely based on Struts.
- Developed Servlets and Java Server Pages (JSP), to route the submittals to the EJB components and render-retrieved information using Session Facade, Service Locator (design pattern).
- Implemented JMS components, sender and receiver, with an aim of achieving asynchronous communication, high throughput between sub modules.
- Used JDBC to invoke Stored Procedures and used JDBC for database connectivity to SQL.
- Deployed the applications on Web Sphere Application Server.
- Developed Web services using Restful and JSON.
- Used Oracle database for tables creation and involved in writing SQL queries using Joins and Stored Procedures.
- Used Toad database tool to develop oracle quires.
- Writing complex SQL queries and reviewing SQL queries for the other team members.
- Developed JUnit Test Cases for Code unit test.
- Worked with configuration management groups for providing various deployment environments set up including System Integration testing, Quality Control testing etc.
Environment: Java/J2EE, SQL, Oracle, JSP 2.0, EJB, AJAX, Java Script, Web Logic 8.0, HTML, JDBC 3.0, Spring, Hibernate, XML, JMS, log4j, JUnit, Servlets, MVC, My Eclipse.
- Reverse engineered legacy systems, analyzed and documented various existing workflows.
- Part of collaborating with business teams to consolidate on various new requirements.
- Assisted in creating various design documents like class diagrams and sequence diagrams. Used confluence for creating design documents.
- Part of designing modular application based on micro services architecture.
- Implemented various backend modules which collaborate with each other using restful web services.
- Designed Restful URLs for various modules and implemented corresponding endpoints using Spring MVC Technology.
- Defined XSDs for various payloads and created JAXB objects from XSDs.
- Defined DAO interfaces and added documentation to define contracts.
- Using DAO design pattern coded DAO implementations to DAO contract interfaces.
- Following test first methodology, wrote unit test cases for DAO using in memory data base - H2.
- As part of legacy system maintenance, fixed bugs, made enhancements, added new service APIs , added new features to UI.
- Deployed builds on apache tomcat.
- Used ECLIPSE as IDE, MAVEN for build management, JIRA for issue tracking.
- Used GIT for version controlling, ARC (Advanced Rest Client) for endpoint testing, CRUICIBLE for code review and SQL Developer as DB client.
Environment: Core java, Spring MVC, Spring Security, Spring JMS, Spring JDBC template, XML, Log4J, Apache Tomcat, Active MQ, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, Java script, Jira, Confluence.