- Java / J2EE Architect, Project Manager, Principal Consultant and Trainer with over 20 years of progressive experience in IT leading various Business domains
- Hands on knowledge of WS02, Grails, Spring Tool Suite. Can demonstrate examples in Skype.
- Strong in HA and High Performance strategies like sharded RDBMS, Distributed Systems (Processing, Caching, Persistence)
- Knowledge of PAYOR areas like Eligibility, Claims, Billing and prescription drug benefits portal, medical loss ratios calculation.
- Involved in initiative to define enterprise level strategies, governance processes and technical direction. Knowledge of Confidential, Zachmann frameworks.
- Responsible for SOA Integration with BPM processes defining detailed service contracts with basic interface. Worked on IBM MQ, TIBCO ESB, Rabbit MQ and evaluated WS02 ESB hands on.
- Knowledge of Agile development cycles. Have knowledge of GIT, Jenkins and Hudson tools in development.
- Led the initiative to create appropriate technical standards and procedures based on the organizational vision for enterprise, and refine process in development life cycle and set up the check - points to validate the compliance.
- Led and involved in non-functional requirement gathering, architecture trade-off analysis, performance/capacity modeling, validation of assumptions and use-case review as enterprise architect, enterprise performance architect and capacity manager.
- Experience includes working in Financial Services Industries Confidential, Confidential and Confidential
- Successfully closed Joint Architecture Design Review and stringent Confidential E-Commerce Review Boards Check points for two E-Commerce projects
- Managed entire System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and formalizing QA processes for SRS and Design stages of product development
- CM practices with Rational Clear case, Visual Source Safe, Subversion and CVS.
- Expertise in localization know-how, Unicode, single byte and double byte
- Authored and reviewed a variety of technical proposals, articles, reports, whitepapers, operation & maintenance manuals, training and documentation materials
- Involved in Procurement, evaluation of services / commercial off-the-shelf products (COTS), Participated in number of Vendor sponsored seminars and trade shows
- Evaluated Hadoop, Open shift, Life ray and Mule open source technologies for clients
J2EE: JSP, Struts, Hadoop, Velocity, Hibernate, Torque, JUnit, J2SE, Tomcat, WebSphere technologies, WebLogic 9.0 Beta, Jdeveloper, eclipse, JDBC
Operating Systems: HP, Sun Sparc, MAC, IBM Compatible PCs & Servers, IBM Mainframe, Linux
Methodologies: Agile, Confidential, UML, Zachmann, Cloud computing
Programming Languages: C, C++, JAVA, COBOL, FORTRAN, Visual Basic, PL/SQL, RDBMS-UDB, SQL Server 7.0, Oracle 11i, Velocis Embedded Database Server, Rogue wave DB Tools. H++
Software Tools: Wso2, RAD, Data stage, Open shift, Quality Stage, FastTrack, MDM server, Eclipse, JBoss, WebSphere Portal, WAS, JMeter, Tomcat, LEX, Yacc, MS Interdev, Code warrior, MSVC, Borland C, Visibroker, Faceless PDF library, Rational Rose, Actuate, Crystal Reports 8.5, Erwin, DCOM, CORBA, XCOM and FTP,XFORMS
Case Tools: Rational Suite, Clear Case / Quest, Visual Source safe, Jenkins, Hudson and GIT
Technologies: WS02, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, spring, Hibernate
- Worked on API’s delivering services based on wso2 ESB framework and SOA Governance Registry
Technologies: WS02, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Grails, spring, Hibernate, CXF web service frameworks (SOAP and REST), Tomcat, MySQL with Sharding and high performance emphasis.
- Building an enterprise product that matches best of technologies with open source.
Confidential, Quincy, MA
- Responsible for Application reviews (46 state applications). Source code reviews and improvements for J2EE applications.
- Review of cloud solutions for state applications specifically review transition for Linux environments
- Provide DR strategies
- Understand touchpoints for application when moving infrastructure and provide direction. Review fine grain / coarse grain services in Virtual Gateway.
- Reviewed transition from IBM wtx gateway to RHAPSODY (HL7) solution and Epidemiological disease surveillance system which interfaced with healthcare providers.
Confidential, Herndon VA
Application Enterprise Architect
- Responsible for Application Data store Roadmap. Motivating Team on Data Gathering and Quality Improvement processes with Oracle DB.
- Architecting for J2EE applications based on spring, Hibernate, Informatica and TIBCO frameworks.
- Used MEGA for Enterprise Architecture design in line with Confidential Standard
- Started with a reference functional architecture for their data store.
- Defining application services and information flows. Define DB accessDB entities and CRUD analysis.
- Technology architecture: Identify required software technology and infrastructure both new and existing.
- Design using Informatica, TIBCO and Oracle based Data framework
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Responsible for IT roadmap and design of Enterprise Architecture for digital media
- Reverse engineer and build documentation of systems. Present State Capture using extensive architecture diagrams. Most physical servers in Linux environments. Look for virtualization solutions in VMware in Linux. Reviewed WSO2, Camel and Mule as potential ESBs for Registry, Web services, WS -*, mediation, API load balancing and cloud features.
- Draw plans for transition of current to future for Content management Systems. Researched latest CMS technologies for selection.
- Provide high level architecture vision and direction in Confidential format in Sparx Enterprise architect.
Confidential, Springfield, MA
Solutions and Enterprise Level Architecture Consultant
- Main Architect in Work Flow for Confidential Tech Strategy Direction
- Solutions for Confidential Software Foundation, Integration and Process Flows
- Provide Confidential solutions, Architecture Roadmap, Vision and Design delivery based on Confidential patterns.
- Provide POC and Web service Request for Service design leverage to client.
- Support in project requirements, testing and development
- Technologies- Confidential, CRM, Teradata, Web methods SOA stack, J2EE and .NET
Confidential, Hartford, CT
Architect Manager Consultant
- Conducting meetings for detailed Confidential review Mentoring architects in organizing their Architecture documents.
- Driver for Software Architecture Document, Component Context Diagrams, Business process Modeling and Component Interface Diagrams for SOA implementations across the organization and consolidating Web services for Confidential definition. Extensively used RSA tool.
- Primary domain application areas like Billing, plan sponsor, claims reviewer and documenter:
- Medical Loss ratios- review of Business processes involves 20 applications includes both J2EE and .NET eDiscovery - related to Litigation and Judicial Hold
- Oracle Financials EBusiness suite 12i PO, FA, AP and GL.
- Broker Commissions
- Reporting - Crystal Reports + .NET
- Backend Mainframe DB CICS MQ based message routing application.
- Underwriting team for rate up factor.
Confidential, Albany, NY
- Mentoring on WebSphere core areas like Portal, WAS, Confidential, ZACHMANN and Agile processes
- Knowledge transfer of applications
- Understand and educate team on service contracts and Oracle ESB and Scheduler.
- Guide overall structure and content of Java applications Unit
- Handled PL/SQL DB stored procedure and J2EE application development during transition of resource change. Strong in PL/SQL. Built PL/SQL procedures and trained PL/SQL developer in knowledge of application.
- Responsible for preparation of developer checklists for sizing of applications and provide for building project plans for developments and enhancements in applications as part of Agile development process using product backlog and sprint backlog documentation.
Technical Architect Manager
- Assisted and designed applications for rapid POC’s in Portal, Ajax, JSF, Confidential Toolkit Content management and web services. Used both JSR 168 and JSR 285 Portlets. Implemented Localization internationalization in Confidential portlets.
- Provided enterprise level review and implementation for applications
- Worked in both fast track Agile and waterfall based SDLC
- Involved in sizing of applications mainly member portal and prescription drug benefits
- Reviewed with Proof of Concept both internal and external services for consolidation and use in front end Portal.
- Worked on internal project evaluating Talend and IBM Info sphere as MDM products for ETL ops, and data quality improvement.
- Reviewed applications from enterprise and application standpoint for improvements. These applications primarily J2EE spring framework portals.
- Designed/enhanced 25 sites for Proxy voting of clients like Confidential, JPMorgan, and Conexant etc. This is an agile process with interaction with client representative to define product backlogs and result in sprint logs with delivery for a set of sites in each cycle. There were around 4 cycles involved for a time span of 2 month development delivery cycle.
- Documented and Resolved slow working Data intensive applications using Top link interface with a team of 4 developers.
- Lead and Redesigned applications to make web sites data driven.
- Resolved issues for users of proxy voting typically with 1-2 day turnover for each web site.
- Involved in sizing and delivering applications well ahead of schedule.
- Designed and Applied parallel thread based processing for applications to speed up processing
- A key member of Confidential ’s Architecture & SOA Center of Excellence and participated with the core group that developed Confidential ’s SOA Methodologies & Process
- Planning architecture overhaul for major financial client using open source.
- Providing proof of Concept to Client for offshore delivery. Involved both design and hands on work.
- Defined the basic baseline for Portal project implementation through a fictitious case of Pharmaceutical company portal for Confidential . Demonstrated Content management, Themes and Skins, Portlets, Google based Ajax solutions, Virtual Portals, legacy systems adaptor design and Personalization features. Used implementation to provide as training for offshore developers. Used JSR 168 Portlets.
- Outlined Best practices for Portal and SOA design including Governance processes.
- Responsible for initiation of applications in Open source
- Responsible to leading initiative for migrating application in Portal from 5.1 to 6.0.
- Architecture and performance assessment for Enterprise applications-scalability, availability, stability, resilience and monitoring. Understand maturity of Client planning process. Provide Get well plan items for applications.
- Capacity planning for client applications based forecasted and actual loads.
- Involved in sizing and reviewing Confidential with clients.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Lead Architect role for production and testing for ‘Extended Warranties Maintenance’
- Designed all the major web services out of existing J2EE applications in two months. Use of BPEL. Usage of wsdl2java for java classes generation. Evaluated Top link, Hibernate and ADF frameworks for database layer. Hibernate is good with open source like turbine. Preferred oracle ADF due better and easier integration.
- Responsible for interfacing with end users on two major projects, ‘Gap Claims’ and ‘Quikforms’. The Agile process involved multiple sprint cycles of duration of 1-2 weeks each for an overall product development cycle 6 months each.
- Designed and implemented pdf form generation using big faceless pdf generator
- Improvement of J2EE code performance with simpler struts redesign and release of database resources Confidential end of each request are major achievements. Usage of prepared statements
- PL SQL design with in memory table design for improved performance of stored DB procedures.
- Implemented cache memory with faceless PDF.
- Usage of failover server for cost effectiveness.
- Use of UML and RUP for application development.
- Usage of Agile development strategy.
- Usage of standard design patterns - delegate, proxy, MVC, session façade and factory.
- Lead Development / Support role for production and testing for enterprise wide
- Maintained and delivered multiple applications. Interfaced with directors, CFOs, PMs, BAs and developers in client locations
- Responsible for Design Documentation, interfacing with client, understand existing application and provide conversion process. Use of factory, session façade, and MVC design patterns.
- Responsible for getting new developers on board with existing applications
- Responsible for design specs review and test plan preparation
- JUNIT for design of test suite.
- Involved in sizing and reviewing Confidential with clients.