- Over 8 years of experience in delivering enterprise solutions in multiple domains like Finance, Telecom, Insurance, Health and other related domains. Expertise in conceptualizing, designing and coding technical solutions using Java/J2EE and UI technology stacks to satisfy peculiar and complex business problem statements.
- Experience working with various Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies based on Agile, Scrum, Waterfall Model, Iteration.
- Expertise in design and development of various web and enterprise - level applications using Java/J2EE technologies Such as Spring, Hibernate, EJB, JPA, JSF, Struts framework, Servlets 3.x.
- Strong experience in Spring Framework modules such as Spring MVC, IOC, AOP, JDBC, JTA, IO, Spring Boot, Spring Micro services, Spring REST, Spring Eureka, Spring Ribbon, Spring Netflix, Spring Zuul.
- Extensively used different Tag Libraries like JSF Tags, Struts Tags, JSTL, Spring Tags, Spring EL, Display Tag.
- Experienced in Middleware persistence frameworks like Hibernate/JPA Entities for mapping Java classes using Hibernate Query Language (HQL), HSQL Named Queries, Criteria, Projections.
- Experienced in Client side validations using Ajax in NodeJS, Angular js, dash boards reports using BackboneJS .
- Experienced in Full stack UI technologies using Grunt js, Gulp Server, Yoman generator for Angular.
- Expertise in using inbuilt and custom AngularJS directives and filters to add functionalities to the web page elements.
- Experienced in implementing Service oriented architecture and Web Services using SOAP, RESTFUL.
- Expertise in XML technologies such as DTD/Schemas, DOM, SAX, XSLT, XPATH, Castor.
- Strong understanding of Micro services patterns - Circuit Breaker/Hystrix, DDD, Aggregator, Proxy Chaining.
- Experienced in Distributed Transaction Management system with Spring JTA Based on Atomikos and Bitronix.
- Responsible for support and maintenance of batch jobs, implemented Spring batch for over 1million transactions.
- Experienced in working with Spring JDBC Templates, JMS Templates, Spring EAI, Spring Rest Templates.
- Proficient in using Amazon Web Services AWS . Extensive experience focusing on services like EC2, VPC, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, IAM, S3, Amazon RDS, ElastiCache, SNS, SQS .
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) Groups and Users for improved login authentication.
- Experience with Docker containers, leveraging Linux Containers and AMI's to create Docker Images/ containers .
- Experience with messaging systems like Kafka, Kafka event sourcing.
- Developed applications using latest technologies like EJB3.2, Spring 3.x/4.x, Hibernate3.2/4.x, and REST based Web services (Axis2.0, JAX WS 2.0, JAX RS), Rule Engines (Drools4.1, ILOG), JBPM tools.
- Experience in implementing Java EE design patterns such as MVC, Singleton, Factory, Adapter, Service Locator Session Facade, DAO, DTO, and Business Delegate in the development of Multi-Tier distributed Enterprise Applications.
- Experience in configuring and deploying the applications into Tomcat, WebSphere, Weblogic and Jboss Servers.
- Experience in creating Asynchronous Messaging configuration in Tomcat, Weblogic and web sphere Servers.
- Experienced in developing UNIX shell scripts for batch processing, Perl and Python scripts.
- Experienced in developing complex PL/SQL queries, procedures, Triggers, Stored Procedures, Packages and Views in various databases such as Oracle, DB2 and My SQL.
- Experience in working with NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Cassandra.
- Experience with CICD-ANT, MAVEN, GRADLE, JENKINS, HUDSON, CVS, GIT, GITHUB.
- Experience in JUnit frame work with Mockito and Easy mock, SpringJunitRunner.
- Experienced in Development, testing and deployment of enterprise applications on Windows & UNIX platforms using IDE's such as Eclipse, Rational Application Developer (RAD), NetBeans.
Java/J2EE Technologies: Servlets, JSP, JSTL, JDBC, JMS, JNDI, RMI, EJB, JFC/Swing, AWT, Applets, Multi-threading, Java Networking
Programming Languages: Java JDK 1.4/1.5/1.6/1.8, C++, C, SQL, PL/SQL
Application/Web Servers: Oracle/BEA Weblogic 8.1/9.1/10.3, IBM WebSphere 5.1/6.0/6.1/7.0, Jboss, Tomcat 5.0.28/6.0,Bug tracking, Jenkins.
Frameworks: Struts 2.x/1.x, Spring 3.x/ 2.x, Hibernate 3.x, JSF 1.2/2.0,iBatis,Flex
UI Frameworks: JQuery, AngularJS, Bootstrap.
IDEs: Eclipse 3.x, IBM WSAD, IntelliJ, Dream viewer
Design Tools : Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effect, Dreamweaver
Web Services: JAX-WS, JAX-RPC, JAX-RS, SOAP, REST, SOAP UI
XML Tools: JAXB, Apache Axis
Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, RUP, TDD, OOAD, SDLC
Modeling Tools: UML, Rational Rose, Visio
Testing technologies/tools: JUnit, JMeter, HtmlUnit
Database Servers: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11G, DB2, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, MySQL
Version Control: CVS,SVN, Git
Build Tools: ANT, Maven
Metadata / Reporting Tools: Jakarta POI-HSSF
Platforms: Windows 2000/98/95/NT4.0, UNIX, Windows 7
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
Sr. Java/ J2EE Full Stack Developer
- Responsible for Agile Framework implementation and practices.
- Developed applications using Java 8 and new features of java (lambda expressions).
- Involved in developing Thread Safe blocks for multithread access and distributed transaction management.
- Created and injected spring services, controllers and DAOs to achieve dependency injection .
- Heavily used Spring Inheritance, Auto-wiring, Core Container, Security, AOP, ORM modules as part of migration from EJB to spring, Spring Quartz for scheduling tasks to generate reports and emails to clients.
- Implemented SOA to develop Spring Restful/Micro Services and implemented Spring Eureka, Netflix, Ribbon as part of Services Discovery usin g Apache Axis .
- Used Micro service architecture with Spring Boot based services interacting through a combination of REST and Apache Kafka message brokers.
- Used SOAP UI, Postman, Rest Client, Spring Mock MVC, Spring 4Junit for testing the web services.
- Used Amazon Web Services (AWS) like EC2, S3, cloud watch and Elastic Bean Stalk for code deployment.
- Used GWT and Amazon AWS (EC2/S3/EBS) for prototyping and subsequent evaluation.
- Upgraded Spring Rest Controllers and Services classes to support migration to Spring framework.
- Involved in Angular, HTML5 and CSS3 code optimization, DOM loading and cross browser compatibility.
- Effective use of CSS3 features , such as creating borders and background, etc. and used LESS /SASS Preprocessor.
- Developed major changes on Adobe-Flex front-end with changes in business logics on legacy application.
- Created custom Angular JS directives to implement some of the specific functionalities.
- Implemented REST based web services using JAX-RS annotations, Jersey provider and consumed using HTTP services from angular JS modules.
- Used JQuery/JQLite to create drop downs, status, progress and menu bar and other drag and drop components.
- Developed Application to asses JSON and XMl from Restful web service from consumer side using Angular JS.
- Implemented Spring Circuit breaker pattern, integrated Hystrix dashboard to monitor Spring micro services .
- Developed quality code adhering to Scala coding Standards and best practices.
- Implemented Authentication & Authorization with Site Minder and Spring security .
- Worked with Kafka Cluster using ZooKeeper .
- Used Toad to interact with oracle data base, performance tuning db execution plans.
- Heavily used joins stored procedures, views, Unions in Oracle data base to fetch the data.
- Developed Applications using Rule Engines-Jboss, Work flows, Human tasks to implement Business rules validations and provided Drools Dashboard for Business users.
- Extensively used Hibernate Relational mappings (One-To-Many, Many-To-Many).
- Extensively worked on Hibernate Cache, Query, Criteria and Transactions.
- Worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging, pushing images, integration of Spring boot.
- Created the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Worked with the Node package manager (NPM) along with Karma, Jasmine, Grunt and Bower for test and build.
- Hands on experience with MongoDB Installation, Configuring, Monitoring and Designing Sharded Environment.
- Used Maven as build and dependency management tool for creating EAR, WAR and JAR file to be deployed in application servers, Jenkins, and Jenkins Jobs.
- Resolved bugs/defects in application by coordinated with team members of the project to assure a positive outcome using JIRA.
- Used JIRA for defect management system
- Developed test cases and performed unit testing using JUnit.
Confidential, Lombard, IL
Sr. Java Full Stack Developer
- Involved in preparing System Requirements and detailed Design document for the project.
- Extensively used MVC, Factory, Delegate and Singleton design patterns.
- Extensively used various modules in Spring like AOP, DI (oc), Bean Wiring, Spring Inheritance, Auto Wiring, Spring JDBC Templates and Spring Quartz Schedulers for Jobs.
- Involved in developing components on Reporting Dashboard with Spring MVC, Spring Framework and Hibernate and created Micro Services using Spring Boot.
- Designed and developed the End Points (Controllers), Business Layer, DAO Layer using Hibernate and Spring IOC (Dependency Injection).
- Extensively worked on JPA as persistence layer, involving EJB3.0 annotations, synchronizing Data base tables through XML in a secondary project.
- Extensively used Session beans for implementing the business logic of module.
- Developed Web Services SOAP/HTTP, SOAP/JMS, SMTP using SOA technologies such as SOAP, WSDL and UDDI.
- Participated in the product development life cycle via rapid prototyping with wireframes and mockups.
- Extensively used/modified JQUERY to perform AJAX calls for creating interactive web pages on JSON response.
- Creating cross-browser compatible and standards-compliant CSS-based page layouts.
- Client Side code were written in ReactJS, JQuery and server Side Code were developed using MVC4.
- Used Angular Routing for navigating between screens and developed several reusable directives.
- Used AWS (Amazon Web Services) Deploying, managing and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems.
- Used Apache Cordoba for Responsive Web Design.
- Created and running the J meter scripts for load testing.
- Involved in consuming, producing SOAP based web services using JAX-WS.
- Database development required creation of new tables, PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Views, Indexes and Constraints, Triggers and required SQL tuning to reduce the response time in the application.
- Utilized DOM, SAX parser technologies in implementing XML parsing framework.
- Installed and configured WebSphere Process Server 6.1 and WebSphere ESB 6.1, WID.
- Used version control repository SVN (Subversion by apache) and JIRA for issue tracking.
- Develop unit test using Karma and Jasmine. Followed strict patterns of RA team for unit test cases with jasmine.
Environment: Core Java/J2EE, Spring, WebSphere Application Server 7.0, Web Services, EJB 3.0, JPA, Apache Axis, Oracle10g, Java Script, AJAX, JSP, HTML, AngularJS, RAD, RSM, Log4j, Clear Quest, Rational Clear case, AJAX, Bootstrap.
Confidential, Fremont, CA
Sr. Java/ J2EE Developer
- Involved in various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of the application like Requirement gathering, Design, Analysis and Code development.
- Generated Use case diagrams, Class diagrams, and Sequence diagrams using Rational Rose
- The application is designed using J2EE design patterns and technologies based on MVC architecture
- Implemented Agile Methodology for development of the application.
- Used J2EE design patterns like Value Object Pattern, Session façade, Singleton, Factory and DAO.
- Spring with Tiles Framework is implemented for a common look in all the presentation views.
- Integrated struts MVC with spring DI and Spring hibernate DAO
- Coded pages with best Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques.
- Designed applications that execute on various browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Opera using various debugging tools like Firebugs/IE Developer Tools.
- Continuous integration services are provided for software development using JENKINS
- Implemented security for different front end views based on the access privileges.
- Involved in writing XML validation classes using Struts validation framework.
- Designed the user interfaces using JSPs, AJAX and Struts Tags.
- Used XML Web Services using SOAP to register agents using non-java application.
- Developed services that are reusable and interoperable, based on SOAP, WSDL, JAXWS, JAXRPC Web services .
- Used JMS for the asynchronous exchange of critical data and events among J2EE components. Publisher-Subscriber method was used for data loading and Point-To-Point method of JMS was used for event processing
- Involved in requirements gathering and Capacity planning for Multi-Datacenter (four) and Cassandra Cluster Used Oracle DB and MongoDB for Database related activities.
- Used RAD IDE based on Eclipse for writing code for JSP, Action Classes, Struts and spring beans.
- Involved in writing DAO, DTO’s using Hibernate DAO Support.
- Implemented persistence layer using Hibernate that uses the POJOs (which do not have the business processes) to represent the persistence database tuples.
- Developed JUnit test cases for DAO and Service Layer methods.
- Used SVN for version control of the application.
- Used Log4J to capture the log that includes runtime exceptions.
- Developed the ANT scripts for preparing WAR files used to deploy J2EE components.
- Interacted with quality assurance team for requirements gathering and analysis.
Environment: Core Java, J2EE, JSP, Struts, Spring, OOAD, Oracle 10g, HTML, EJB3, AJAX, JMS, XML, Design Patterns, ANT, Rationale Rose, IBM RAD IDE, Weblogic Application Server 10.x, Hibernate 4.0, LOG4J, SVN, TOAD, JUNIT, UML.
Confidential, West Des Moines, IA
Java/ J2EE Developer
- Involved in various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of the application like Requirement gathering, Design, Analysis and Code development.
- Generated Use case diagrams, Class diagrams, and Sequence diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Developed the applications using Java, J2EE, Struts, JDBC
- Worked on various use cases in development using Struts and testing the functionalities.
- Involved in preparing the High Level and Detail level design of the system using J2EE.
- Created struts form beans, action classes, JSPs following Struts framework standards.
- Implemented the database connectivity using JDBC with Oracle 9i database as backend.
- Involved in the development of model, library, struts and form classes (MVC).
- Used display tag libraries for decoration and used display table for reports and grid designs.
- Designed and developed file upload and file download features using jdbc with Oracle Blob.
- Worked on core java, using file operations to read system file (downloads) and to present on JSP.
- Involved in the development of underwriting process, which involves communications without side systems using IBM MQ and JMS.
- Used PL/SQL stored procedures for applications that needed to execute as part of a scheduling mechanisms.
- Designed and developed Application based on Struts Framework using MVC design pattern.
- Developed Struts Action classes using Struts controller component.
- Developed SOAP based XML web services.
- Used SAX XML API to parse the XML and populate the values for a bean.
- Used Jasper to generate rich content reports.
- Developed XML applications using XSLT transformations.
- Created XML document using STAX XML API to pass the XML structure to Web Services.
- Apache Ant was used for the entire build process.
- Used Rational Clear Case for version control and JUnit for unit testing.
- Used quartz scheduler to process or trigger the applications on a daily basis.
- Configured WebSphere Application server and deployed the web components.
- Provided troubleshooting and error handling support in multiple projects.
- Involved in understanding and analyzing the requirements of the project.
- Implemented server side programs by using Servlets and JSP.
- Implemented using the MVC design pattern.
- Used JDBC to interact with the underlying MySQL Database.
- Deployed Applications on Apache Tomcat Server.
- Involved in Unit testing for various components.
- Used Log4J for any logging purposes during the development of the application.