- Over 8+ years of strong experience with Android Application Development using Android SDK, NDK, Object - Oriented Programming, Wireless Mobile Development, design, development, Implementation, and support.
- Involved in Banking, Networking, and Government Android mobile 4.1 Jelly Bean, 4.4 Kit Kat developments, 5.0 Lollipop, 6.0 Marshmallow, 7.0 Nougat, 8.0 Oreo.
- Extensive experience in developing mobile & and web-based applications using Java, J2EE, JSP Servlets, JDBC, Spring, Hibernate, XML, Struts, CSS, Java Beans, Web Services, JSP Standard Tag Libraries (JSTL), JBoss, Tomcat, and Oracle.
- Proficient in Android applications development involving front-end User Interface development, push notifications, Adapters, Content Providers, and Services.
- In-depth experience in using Android Studio and Eclipse with ADT plugin, designing UI layouts using Linear Layout, Relative Layout, Frame Layout, Recycler View, List View, Grid View and using Android native widgets and custom Widgets.
- Experience with testing the compatibility with different browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, and Opera.
- Design and implementation of map applications using Google play Services API's.
- Adept with design patterns: MVC, Singleton, Adapter, Command, Observer, and Builder.
- Worked with React Native to build mobile applications using Java Script.
- Experience in developing an application with HTTP, REST, JSON, XML s backend.
- Experience in developing applications using Android framework APIs like Location, Camera, Animations, Maps, Speech API, Android Telephony and third-party APIs such as ESPN, YouTube and Social Networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Extensive experience in building mobile applications using Android framework APIs (Location, Camera, Animations, Maps).
- Deep understanding of the Java programming language and the Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts as well as a solid understanding of Kotlin language
- Expertise in web service protocols such as JSON, HTTP, XML and Hybrid-app using PhoneGap.
- Hands-on experience using media framework using Android API and skills like multimedia usage, video, sound and graphics, networking.
- Worked on JUnit and used JSON testing framework and data interchange in Java and few databases like SQLite, ORMLite.
- Exposure to cloud integration like Google Drive, Drop box & Box with android application.
- Experience working with Google Maps APIs, In-App Purchases, In-App advertising, Geocoded API, Ticketmaster, Geo - locations, PayPal, Google Analytics.
- Extensively worked on push notifications, memory leaks, multiple screen support, data offline usage, accounts and sync on Android.
- Efficient in using android libraries like Retrofit, Event bus, Butter Knife, Google GSON, OKHttp, Picasso, ProGuard, Glide, ZXing, Volley etc.
- Worked on hybrid application development as well involving various cross platforms like Kony, PhoneGap and Cordova. Effectively handling the native features in Hybrid applications.
- Experience in using build and configuration management tools like Ant, Maven, and Subversion.
- Strong knowledge of SQLite for creation and interaction with Android local storage and local persistence.
- Experience in building highly scalable and high load web applications in the cloud.
- Experience in using debugging tools like cat, log viewer, ADB, fast boot, and hcidump.
- Experience in databases such as MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle and MongoDB.
- Highly analytical with strong problem-solving skills, repeatedly took on new challenges and delivered creditable and impressive results to senior leadership.
- Strengths in the ability to coordinate with team members to solve problems, analyzing warning signs, identifying the problem, and finding the solution.
- Used SCRUM-Agile, waterfall model, software development method for managing application developments and used MVC, MVP, object-oriented design for design patterns.
Languages: Java 8, J2EE, SQL, C, C++, Python
Operating Systems: Windows (10/8.1), Ubuntu, Mac
Android OS: Android 2.x to Android 8.x (Éclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice cream sandwich, Jellybean, Kit Kat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo).
Testing Frameworks: Application Unit Testing, Android Unit Testing, Robotium, UIAutomator, and Espresso.
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL Server, Sybase, PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
IDE: Eclipse, IntelliJ, NetBeans, IBM Rational Application Developer (RAD)
Android Tools: OpenGL-ES, PhoneGap, Apache Cordova, layout design, fragments, multi-threading, NDK sensors, Beacons. OpenGL-ES, layout design, fragments, multi-threading, lifecycle, NDK sensors, multi-touch, profiling NFC, Beacons, Retrofit, Rxjava2, Dagger2, Butter Knife.
Design Patterns: Data Access Objects, object-oriented design, Model View Controller Architecture and Front Controller.
Version controls: SVM, GitHub, RStudio, Spyder, Octave GUI, KNIME, Coggle.
Web Services: JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat, Jetty, Apache
Frameworks: Spring (MVC, AOP, ORM, Web Service, DAO, Social, Security, etc.), Hibernate ORM, Bootstrap, Struts, Tiles, DWR (Direct Web Remoting)
Other Tools: Swing, Agile, RUP, Subversion, Jasper, Reports, JMock, Microsoft Visio.
Design/Version Control: Rational Clear Case, CVS and Tortoise SVN and PVCS
Parsing Techniques: JSON Parsing and XML Parsing.
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
Android Developer/ Designer
- Worked in different phases of project life cycle like design, development, and testing of application for Android mobile devices.
- Involved in requirement gathering, UI design, and development.
- Implemented web views, list views& populated lists from the database using simple adapters.
- Implemented Android content providers for implementing features like sending E-mails, SMS, etc., from the app and designed suitable GUI for these applications.
- Analyzing dependencies and generating code to help wire them together using Dagger 2.
- Responsible for design of user interface using various custom layouts, buttons, dialog boxes, alert boxes and edit boxes.
- Responsible for Services, AsyncTask, and Alert Notification API to implement event reminder feature into the mobile app.
- Develop mobile time tracking user interface for iPhone and Android using PhoneGap library.
- Used PhoneGap APIs like Notification, Camera, Media, Vibration to develop hybrid Apps.
- Strong experience with Android Framework APIs such as Google Maps, Camera, Resource Manager, Fragments, Location Manager, Notification Manager, Content Providers, Contact Manager, Telephony API and REST APIs.
- Developed robust form management system with complete CRUD capabilities in React Native, Redux, and Firebase.
- Refactored error message handling design by implementing React Native alert dialog resulting in potential decrease of user input errors by more than 50%.
- Experience in using dependency injector called Dagger to test the classes
- Experience in Android Integration framework tools like Espresso and Gradle.
- Experience using AWS to store and retrieve huge data by Client-Server interaction.
- Responsible for the Saved data in the SQLite database.
- Modified Android manifest XML file to include all user permissions such as GPS, SMS READ /SEND / RECEIVE.
- Worked on a codebase built on MVVM with the Android data binding library, the new Architecture Components and Kotlin.
- Converted legacy Java code to Kotlin and added helper methods using Kotlin extensions.
- Experience in Android Networking Libraries like Volley and OKHttp.
- Skilled in taking the support of Apache Cordova for deploying application into Mobiles with OS like Android and IOS.
- Used services, Async tasks, and Alert Notification API to implement event reminder feature into the mobile app.
- Used Retrofit and RxJava2 for improved asynchronous communication and threading.
- Used PhoneGap APIs like Notification, Camera, Media, Vibration to develop hybrid Apps.
- Used PhoneGap Device Object to access information about a device and application running a PhoneGap application.
- Understanding system requirements, test case planning and execution, Functional testing, Integration Testing, Track issue records and reporting by using bug tracking tool.
- Experience in the required GUI by making modifications to the XML files.
- Worked on Continuous Integration and code version using GIT.
- Debugged application using ADB, Trace View, DDMS and Log Cat.
- Worked with JSON library to parse JSON files.
- Experience with authenticated sessions using OAuth and authentication tokens.
- Worked with business stakeholders, creative teams, offshore teams and technical teams at all levels of an organization.
- Created multiple Content Providers with a native approach to handling UI asynchronous updates.
- Managed development with a team of Android developers, back-end developers, and front-end designers.
- Coded in Java using Android Studio, on the app in MVP architecture to achieve a complete separation of concerns, better code reusability, and a higher percentage of unit tests.
Environment: Android SDK 8.0, SQLite 3.6, Eclipse IDE 3.5, React Native, Android API's, JDK 1.6, XML, JSON, GPS, ADT Plug-in, CVS (version control), JNI, Logcat, Apache Cordova, PhoneGap, Kotlin, DDMS console.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Involved in discussions with the clients regarding constraints and examined them.
- Worked with Redux in managing libraries used for React for building user interfaces.
- Worked as a Team Lead for a group of 7 members while developing a Native mobile application.
- To ensure the code quality participated in code reviews.
- Capable of training and monitoring less experienced team members.
- Took in-charge of meeting to discuss and track the performance of the project.
- Debugged the code using TDD and eliminated the occurrence of expectations.
- Ability to make decisions with minimal management oversight.
- Used Dagger2 as a dependency injector to create some reusable, interchangeable modules and maintainability of code and alterations.
- Developed couple of Proof of Concepts(POC) on Kotlin and now migrating to Kotlin as it provides quality of apps with better performance.
- Developed Single Page Applications (SPA) i.e. web applications using AngularJS, Backbone.js, node.js, handlebars and mustache.js.
- Wrote and integrated custom Apache Cordova plugins, OAuth and GPS using native code, Objective C and Android Studio, Java.
- Managed data via asynchronous streams and operator application to the stream to transform, filter and combine the data using RxJava2
- Used AngularJS and NodeJS to implement rich functionality in various pages: form validation, CRUD, grid, search, sort, pagination, multi-selection, tags-input, advanced directives, authentication, server-side proxy, unit tests, cloud integration, slide pages, users switch etc.
- Integrated audio, video, and images into the application using Android Multimedia framework.
- For authenticating and interacting with APIs and sending network requests with OKHttp used Retrofit, which provides a powerful framework.
- Utilized several Apache Cordova plugins to provide and consume native capability on the application.
- Worked on getting the data from the Contact on the device using content providers. Design screens for an application with Native Android Studio IDE using MVC pattern.
- Developed alerts such as breaking news, severe weather by implementing Toast, Dialog notifications.
- Developed a robust Native Android mobile application for utilizing and managing secure API.
- Dagger 2 analyzes these dependencies for you and generates code to help wire them together.
- Implemented activities, linear, frame, relative layouts, and fragments. Displayed information by designing custom List Views.
- Used PhoneGap Device Object to access information about a device and application running a PhoneGap application.
- Used Navigation Drawer, List View, and View Pager to develop a UI for most of the application modules.
- Performed streaming of media files such as videos and presented them for playback in the application.
- Worked in React Native in moving the current java-based code to java script.
- Implemented Reactive-X using RXJava as a fundamental framework for improved performance.
- Customized look and feel of an application by editing images and altering photos using Illustrator CS5 and Photoshop CS5.
- Engaged in constructing automated unit testing, performing usability testing on UI, Adhoc testing based on test and fault models
- Developed the SQLite database to store the articles offline as per user requirements. Used shared preferences to store data. Exchanged and stored data using JSON.
- Responsible for bug fixes and peer reviews. Performed debugging and testing of code on various Android devices. Developed apps using Eclipse IDE and Android SDK.
- Designed, development, testing, and implementation of WEB applications using Sencha Touch framework.
- Used JUnit to develop test cases by interacting with the testing team. To optimize scalability designed components using OOP.
- For knowledge sharing worked on a team with other departments within App development. Testing and debugging on different devices of Android. Used GIT to maintain source code of an application.
Environment: Java, React Native, Apache Cordova, PhoneGap, Redux, Android SDK, Android Version 7.0, Android Studio, JSON, MVC, XML, Kotlin, and Google Maps API.
Confidential - Raleigh, NC.
- Interacted with business and development teams to analyze the user requirements.
- Developed different projects separately in both Eclipse and Android Studio.
- Creating various custom views for the application using standard Android components, database, services and various UI widgets types.
- Designing and developing the Web Tier using JSP, Servlets, HTML, Struts and tiles framework.
- Created a real-time web platform using jQuery Mobile, Flex, WCF Services and TSQL stored procedures.
- Worked with Web Services team to implement the backend support.
- Worked on Android JMS App for Point-to-Point asynchronous messaging for high transactional Banking operation.
- Mobile Integration with BLE and WIFI for connection establishment between two Bluetooth enabled devices using React Native JNI C++ libraries for asynchronous data streaming.
- Designed and developed several scripts using SQL and created a database-using Oracle with stored procedures and triggers.
- Implemented the Spring Security for authenticating the customers.
- Used Dagger2 for Dependency Injection in the project to make it less coupled.
- Synchronizing the server for getting the credit and due balances of the customer.
- Created a new XML layout with Android Map View to display the location Map and defined the layout that can be reused.
- Developed Web API using NodeJS, ReactJS and React Native and hosted on multiple lead balances API instances.
- Developed an app using the Google Play Services APIs like Web Services for directions and places in client applications.
- Created dynamic data-driven and interactive web pages using PHP, MySQL, and Apache.
- A designed new version of the app by implementing register and login screens including UI and functionality.
- Experience using debugging tools such as DDMS, Logcat and android device monitor.
- Engaged in constructing automated unit testing, performing usability testing on UI, ad hoc testing based on test and fault models.
- Tested the application using Espresso and UI Automator automation tools.
- Used GIT for version control and Gradle as a build tool.
- Tested the app on various versions of Android and different Android mobile devices to assure quality and performance.
- Working on the video streaming by using UDP protocol which can be viewed on an android tablet
- REST web service interaction utilizing OAuth authentication and retrieved JSON response.
- Used Android SDK, Eclipse IDE, Dalvik Debug Monitor Server, Android NDK Android Virtual Device, and Android Debug Bridge for development and debugging tool.
Confidential, Fremont, CA.
- Worked on the development and debugging of Meeting application that involves the use of calendar API to fetch the calendar events, meetings, and webinars.
- Implemented the functionality of Meeting Status logic to give meeting alerts based on the various meeting categories (Overlap, Conflicting and back to back meetings) and implement custom fonts and color and layout rebranding according to the material design specifications.
- Implemented MixPanel Analytics to analyze different user actions in the application based on different events and properties and created user profiles to store properties for a specific user.
- Used Butter Knife Library for view injections and Dagger 2 for dependency Injections
- Used Android SDK and Eclipse IDE for development.
- Participated in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for proper analysis, development, testing, deployment, and enhancement of the code.
- Involved in requirement gathering and designing of the application.
- Responsible for consuming the web services of a RESTAPI using Retrofit, getting JSON response and parsing them to get the required information.
- Integrated location-based services using Google Maps API to display locations of the nearest stores.
- Implemented unique design for portrait and landscape mode.
- Implemented SQLite databases to monitor shipments.
- Implemented customized web view component to load an SWF file and HTML data.
- Handling XML data using efficient parsing techniques such as DOM parser.
- Work closely with the web application development team to ensure proper integration between mobile application and web application.
- Handling RESTful Networking: (Retrofit/OKHttp), RXJava.
- Tested the application on various Android devices.
- Used Android content providers for implementing features like sending E-mails, SMS, etc., from the app and designed suitable GUI for these applications.
- Used services, Asynchronous tasks, and Alert Notification API to implement event reminder feature into the mobile app.
- Followed agile methodology for implementing the Application.
- Worked on debugging the application using Logcat, DDMS.
- Used React Native in creating cross platform application, which stores the data and can be reused in the application and worked as Triage Engineer on ADB and debugging bug reports.
- Involved in developer testing by porting the app to multiple devices with various screen sizes.
- Enhanced search functionality by adding auto fill and search history features.
- Test and error logging on different versions and devices of Android. Debugging them in the very first phase of development. Making app crash proof. And implemented an error reporting system for future development support.
- Experience in XML parsing on the client side using JSON implemented a DOM-based implementation of feed parser.
- Created a local database using SQLite to store and retrieve the data.
- Used shared preferences to store and retrieve persistent key-value pairs across user sessions.
- Used subversion for branching and merging new features without disrupting mainline development on trunk.
- Fixed the bugs identified by the QA testing team.
- Consuming and exposing various Web services using JAX-RS and JSON to different systems for business services.
- Extensively worked with core java like collections, String Builder, and interfaces
- Used Apache CXF framework to build complex frameworks.
- Developed complex Web Services and tailored JAX-RS API to suit the requirement.
- Primarily focused on the spring components such as Spring MVC, Dispatcher Servlets, Controllers, Model and View Objects, View Resolver.
- Worked on SOA/Web Services and created request and response WSDLs.
- Developed Spring Beans and configured spring using applicationContext.xml.
- Assisted Database Developers using PL/SQL for managing data associated with the tables.
- Used JDBC to connect to the Oracle database and JNDI to lookup administered objects.
- Developed a multi-user web application using JSP, Servlet, JDBC, Spring Boot and Hibernate framework to provide the needed functionality.
- Involved in implementation of enterprise integration with Web Services and Legacy Systems using SOAP and REST (Using Axis and Jersey frameworks).
- Generated DAO’s to map with database tables using Hibernate. Used HQL (Hibernate Query Language) and Criteria for database querying and retrieval of results.
- Uses Second Level Cache to enhance performance and Proper Memory Management
- Involved in J2EE Design Patterns such as Data Transfer Object (DTO), DAO, Value Object, and Template.
- Used Spring IOC, AOP modules to integrate with the application.
- Developed SQL Queries for performing CRUD operations in Oracle for the application.
- Used Maven for generating system builds and Bamboo for continuous integration.
- Used LOG4J, JUnit for debugging, testing and maintaining the system state.
- Wrote JUnit Test cases for Spring Controllers and Web Service Clients in Service Layer using Mockito.
- Designed and developed the application using AGILE-SCRUM methodology.
Environment: Java/J2EE, Core Java, Jdk1.6, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Webservices, JAX-RS, Mockito, WADL, SOAPUI, JSP, JDBC, jQuery, AJAX, Html, CSS, Maven, log4j, Oracle, MS SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Developer, JIRA, JMS, APACHE AXIS, Source Tree, IntelliJ, GIT, UNIX, AGILE-SCRUM.
- Developed multiple user tools with core Java and DB2 using eclipse IDE.
- Implemented multiple design patterns like factory, façade, etc.
- Extensive code reviews on adherence to design and performance.
- Extensive real-time production support.
- Wrote HQL queries as part of development.
- Designed and implemented XML parsing for XML order conformations.
- Created database pool, multi-pool, data source and mapped them to roles.
- Used spring for creating the object using dependency injection (IOC) .
- Developed the web-services and analysis of SOAP envelope using SOAP UI.
- Created Rest web services using JAX-RS , Hibernate framework.
- Configured action mapping (in XML) for each logical request that may be submitted. seed Hibernate as Object-Relational (OR) Mapping Tool for the backend data.
- Wrote batch jobs and was involved in performance tuning of complex queries.
- Monitored the error logs and fixed the problems.
- Developed the different components of the application such as JSP, Servlets, DAO and Used SubVersion (SVN) for version control.
- Involved in the Development of Spring Framework Controllers. Developed Controller for the request, response paradigm by Spring Controllers using Spring-MVC.
- Developed additional UI Components and implemented an asynchronous, AJAX (jQuery) based rich client to improve customer experience.
- Built ANT scripts for automated deployment and for the build operation of the entire application.
Environment: Core Java, SQL (DB2), Design Patterns, Spring, OOPS/OOAD (UML), XML, Hibernate, DOJO 1.5, Eclipse IDE, Tortoise SVN source control, Bugzilla, Autosys, Aqua Studio, JIRA, Cygwin.