- About 8+ years of work experience in Object Oriented Design, Modeling, Programming and Testing in Java, J2EE, XML and Relational Databases.
- Experience in all phases of software development life cycle.
- Expertise in Object Oriented Programming using Java and J2EE related technologies.
- Expertise in developing the distributed applications J2EE Application Servers such as IBM Web Sphere, Jboss, and GlassFish Application Server and Tomcat web server.
- Hands on experience with databases including DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase involving stored procedures, triggers, functions, indexes, and packages.
- Worked with several JMS providers like WebSphere MQ and Active MQ Series .
- Working knowledge on XML Technologies JAXP (DOM and SAX parsers) and JAXB.
- Expertise in developing applications based on Struts1.1 (Model 2 Architecture).
- Experience in using the Object Relational Mapping Tool Hibernate, strong in using XML mappings and Java Objects
- Good experience in Spring’s IOC, MVC, Rest, DAO, AOP and Spring’s integration with Hibernate and Struts technologies.
- Experience in building Restful webservices with Spring Rest and Jackson Json converter .
- Strong knowledge of Design including J2EE Design Patterns Singleton, Factory, Observer, MVC, DAO, Builder, Adaptor, Session Façade, Front Controller etc.
- Hands on experience in VPN, Putty, winSCP, VNCviewer, etc.
- Experienced in writing ANT and Maven scripts to build and deploy Java applications.
- Programming experience in UNIX Shell Script.
- Experience in logging the application using Log4j, sl4j.
- Extensive Experience with ESB frameworks like MuleSoft.
- Expertise in building RESTful Microservices and Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Expertise in development of testcases using Junit, TestNG and EasyMock to check expected result.
- Experience in using code coverage tool Corbetura, Emma.
- Experience in working with the source control and version control tools such CVS, VSS, and AccuRev.
- Extensive experience in developing business rules using JBoss Drools.
- Knowledge in Industries like Banking, Investment Banking, Postal and Telecom.
- Experience in Agile software development methodologies.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to quickly understand client’s business needs.
- Involved in meetings to gather information and requirements from the clients.
- Research-oriented, motivated, proactive, self-starter with strong technical, analytical and interpersonal skills.
Programming Languages: JAVA, J2EE, C++, XML, SQL, PL/SQL, VB, Unix Shell Script.
Frameworks: Hibernate 3.0, Spring 4.2, Struts 1.1, Mule1.3
Apache Projects: Ant 1.5, Log4j, Struts1.1, Axis, Active MQ, Cassandra
Tools: & Utilities: Eclipse, RAD, WSAD, Editplus, Textpad, CuteFTP, winSCP, VSS, Toad, SQLYog, Putty, NetBeans
Application/Web Servers: IBM Web Sphere, JBoss, GlassFish Application Server, Tomcat.
RDBMS: DB2,Oracle 10g,11g, SQL Server, Sybase
Source Control: CVS, Microsoft VSS, AccuRev
Design Patterns: Singleton, Session Facade, Factory, Abstract Factory, Adaptor, DAO, Command, Observer and Builder
Operating Systems: Windows 9x/2000/XP, Linux, UNIX
Confidential, Piscataway, NJ
Senior Java/J2EE Developer
- Design and developed framework to implement rule base management system using Drools 5.4.
- Built and deployed Micro services using Cloud Foundry.
- Developed business rules to generate notification object.
- Designed and developed Rest APIs using Spring rest framework and Jackson convertor for parsing of json messages.
- Created test suite for unit test cases using TestNg framework.
- Integrated SonarQube for static code analysis.
- Integrated code coverage tool Emma for measuring the code coverage for unit test cases.
Technologies: JDK1.7, Drools 5.4, Cassandra, Spring 4.2, Spring Rest, Spring MVC,Oracle WebLogic Application Server12.1.2.
Confidential, Montvale, NJ
Senior Java/J2EE Developer
- Involved in developing HTTP Servlet class to read the incoming HTTP request which comes in UBF format and transform it into a Hash Map which will get updated by rule engines.
- Designed framework for RuleBase engines.
- Built framework using managed Beans (MBeans) for providing data caching functionality (database tables, excel sheets etc.) that will store frequently used data in memory.
- Worked on multithreading and Object Pooling aspect of parallel processing.
- Developed business rules using JBoss Drools.
- Used Apache Axis to develop code to consume the data coming from EAS system which exposes the data in form of web services (SOAP over HTTP).
- Developed code to encrypt sensitive data to be sent over network using AES256.
- Used JDBC to interact with the db2 database.
- Used Log4j to log data.
- Used JBoss Application Server to host the application.
- Worked on Unix Shell scripting.
- Involved in designing and creating complex business rules using JBoss, functions using Drools 5.x.
Environment: Core Java 6.0, J2EE, Web Services (SOAP over HTTP), Drools5.x, DB2, JBoss AS, HP Quality Center 10.0, Eclipse Juno, CVS, Unix.
Confidential, Warren, NJ
Senior Java/J2EE Developer
- Involved in developing HTTP Servlet classes to initialize property files, receive HTTP requests, return HTTP response etc.
- As all data from HTTP requests in the application is in XML format, Java DOM parser is used for parsing the xml service objects.
- Used XSLT2.0 to create to transform to response message.
- Involved in the design options and feedback for new functionality to the Requirements and business team.
- Create new services for recording pending orders in the database.
- Design class diagram for the new services.
- Provide functionality to encrypt and decrypt certain HTTP request.
- Develop java classes to facilitate exception handling.
- Used JUnit for unit/ integrated testing of the services.
- Implemented the logging functionality using Spring AOP and IOC.
- Used Websphere MQ for messaging.
- Worked on Hibernate object/relational mapping according to database schema.
- Used Websphere Application Server8.0 to host the application.
- Analysis of requirements and creation of detailed technical design documents which includes creating various UML diagrams mainly Class diagrams using MS Visio.
- Worked on various J2EE design pattern.
- Worked on migration of various user interfaces that were written in Monk scripts to Java interfaces. Used Java 1.5 and NetBeans IDE 6.5.1 for this purpose.
- Used Java Caps 6.0 as the complete environment to develop, deploy, manage and monitor composite SOA based applications.
- Used JAXB for the binding of XMLs to Java Objects.
- Created various XML schemas (XSD).
- Created application build scripts using Maven.
- Created various sql scripts, stored procedure, triggers in Oracle10g.
- Building unit test cases using JUnit.
- Performed unit testing and product testing.
- Involved in code enhancement and defect fixing. Used HP Quality center 10.0 for defect tracking.
- Used integration tool Hudson for building and deployment of the application.
- Involved in UAT support.
- Experience working on Unix environment
- Used JDBC to access the Oracle 10g database.
Environment: Java CAPS 6.2, Core Java 5.0, J2EE, JAXB, XML, XSD, MDB, Maven, Oracle 10g, Glass Fish, Center 10.0, NetBeans IDE 6.5.1, Microsoft Visio, Subversion1.5, Continuous Integration with Hudson, Windows/Unix (production).
Senior Java/J2EE Developer
- Requirements gathering and clarifications from end client.
- Created detailed technical design documents. Created various UML diagrams such as Use Case diagram, class diagram and sequence diagram and activity diagram using MS Visio.
- Worked on various J2EE design patterns.
- Build the adaptor as per specification. Worked extensively on Core Java 1.6 over the Mule ESB 1.3.3 framework. Used Eclipse as the development IDE.
- Used Apache Log4j for logging various application events.
- Worked on performance tuning of the code and used JConsole for memory profiling and monitoring the memory consumption by the application.
- Worked on Java Messaging Services (JMS) for transferring the messages from one application to another over the queue/ topic.
- Used various JAXP API parsers like (SAX, DOM, JDOM) for processing and parsing XMLs.
- Extensively used XSLT for XML transformations.
- Worked on Java Native Interface (JNI) to access the database which was provided as DLLs consisting of C++ APIs.
- Extensively used oracle 10g for writing SQL queries which were wrapped in JNIs.
- Developed web layer by using Struts framework which is built to adhere to the MVC framework.
- Used Tomcat Web Server to host the application.
- Created application build scripts using apache Ant1.6.2.
- Building unit test cases using JUnits and Easy Mock.
- Performing unit and integration testing of the application.
- Conducting training sessions for junior resources.
- Documentation of various change requests and testing results.
- Performing code review.
- Involved in enhancements and defect fixes. This involves understanding the requirements /problem, analyzing the solution and updating the code accordingly.
- Supporting go-live and post go-live support.
- I have the experience of working from client location (London) for this project.