- Over 8 years of experience in JAVA with 5 years of Android application development and extensive experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), application design, development, testing, debugging, documentation, deployment and integration of different software applications.
- Experienced with Android SDK tools, Debugger, DDMS and AVD.
- Strong expertise in working with several versions of Android SDKs and various Android Framework APIs.
- Strong expertise in using IDEs like Android Studio, ADT Bundle with Eclipse, Xamarin Studio, Visual Studio.
- Experience on Android UI components such as TextView, ListView, Customized ListView, Menus, Edit boxes, Buttons, Checkboxes, Dialog boxes, Alert boxes, Action bars, and Spinners for various layouts in Application development.
- In - depth knowledge of android Operating system, reactive mobile application development and Memory Management.
- Experience in Database development using SQLite, Database, OrmLite Database, MySQL and MS Access.
- Incorporated maps component using React Native to render geographic locations and allow users to find closest places based on GeoJSON data.
- Experience in handling Web services application using SOAP, RESTful and TCP.
- Experienced in working with Google Map APIs, Push Notifications, Content providers, multiple screen support, data offline storage, accounts and sync on Android.
- Developing applications involving User Interface development, Adapters, Services, JSON Parsing and Telephony Manager.
- Excellent knowledge in implementing Material Design and optimizing techniques using ListViews, GridView, Recycler Views.
- Experience in Android NDK using C++ to access physical components and Android application framework.
- Worked on React Native technology for implementing all the UI components.
- Worked on PhoneGap/Cordova to access device APIs such as camera and geo-location to deploy an Android app.
- Hands on experience using Media framework using Android API and skills like Multimedia usage, video, sound and graphics, networking.
- Experience of iOS application development. Good knowledge in Objective C (iPhone/iPad), Swift, iOS SDK, iOS frameworks such as: UIKit, MapKit, Core Location, AFNetworking
- Hands on Experience in Developing Telecom Applications on Wireless 3G platform And Wi-Fi, Messaging and Bluetooth.
- Experience using version control software such as SVN, GitHub for effective code maintenance, tracking, logging and deployment.
- Experienced in deploying Mobile applications to Google Play store, Amazon Play Store.
Android App Mobile Development: Activities, Services, Broadcast Receivers, ListViews, Adapters, ViewHolder, Notification Manager, Content Provider, DDMS, Location Manager, Google Map, HTTP Client, JSON based Web Services, Camera API, Facebook API.
Programming Languages: Java, C, C++, C#, Python, Kotlin
Markup Languages: HTML, HTML5, CSS, CSS3, JSON, XML.
Debugging and Testing Tool: Logcat, DDMS, ADB, JUnit, Mockito. RobotiumOperating Systems
Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, Linux, Mac OSX.
RDBMS: SQLite, Microsoft SQL 2005/2008, Oracle 10g, 11g, MySQL 4.0/5.0,Realm Database, Workbench, Sugar ORM
IDE: Android Studio, Eclipse, NetBeans
Version Control/Continuous Integration Tools: Mercurial, GitHub, SVN, Jenkins.
Servers: Amazon web server, Web Logic 8.1/9.2, Apache Tomcat 6.0.
Confidential, Melbourne, FL
- Participated in the full lifecycle development process from product definition through design, development, test, release, and maintenance.
- Streaming using RTSP with the feature of multi audio track, subtitle, closed caption, live TV buffering, pause, seek, smart buffering and failover feature.
- Worked with EXO Player and responsible for integrating and testing video streaming and DRM content.
- Local File playback supporting Multi audio track, Subtitle, Seek, Trick mode.
- Worked on Fragments, Activity workflow, Action Bar Navigation, Menu designs, custom views, and Loaders (Image, AsyncTask, file).
- Added selectors and animation effects on UI/UX elements to enhance the User Experience.
- Worked on web views, list views, scroll View & populated lists, Recycler views, material design to display the lists using simple Adapters, base adapters and Recycler view Adapter
- Integrated Web services for consuming the REST services, getting JSON response and parsing them to get the required data.
- Worked directly with backend server teams providing a large number of services including; Audio and Video streaming.
- Implemented a refresh floating action button on the map fragment, to refresh the map contents.
- Worked on Google Map API’s to get Current location, longitude and latitude values and Time zone
- Fixed the bugs identified by the QA testing team
- Programmed and implemented NDK modules in C and C++ to access lower level Linux drivers to App level for implementing transmission protocols.
- Familiar with Android NDK to create the native library files to be used by Services.
- Conducted product integration and testing (using JUnit ) on various Android devices.
- Efficient and clean code integration and backup using Jenkins and GIT.
- Working in Agile methodology , daily status update, scrum meeting, retro, sprint planning.
Environment: Android Studio, Android SDK, NDK, Eclipse IDE, Retrofit, 2, OpenGL, JDK, XML, EXO Player, JNI, VIDEO buffering, JSON, Okhttp, Retrofit, Material design, SQLite, Linux, Bit bucket, JIRA
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. Android Developer
- Involved in different phases of the project life cycle like design, development, testing and deployment.
- Worked on Location Manager API and Google Location Services to locate nearby agents with respect to the customer with the ability to navigate to the agent and call the agent location.
- Incorporated maps component using React Native to render geographic locations and allow users to find closest places based on GeoJSON data
- Worked with the UI/UX and business team to design, implement the screens and app architecture.
- Worked with UI and iOS team to design appropriate icon and display on the screen
- Implemented web views, list views & populated lists, recycler views, material design to display the lists using simple adapters, base adapters and recycler view adapter
- Integration of push notifications for the app to notify the user of updates and activity notifications with GMS ( Google messaging services)
- Consumed RESTful JSON services using RxAndroid/RxJava and Retrofit 2.0 in a MVP design approach.
- Involved in the development of the Login authentication process using token services for the secure authorization and authentication on the application.
- Used Dagger2 as a dependency injector and also to create some reusable, interchangeable modules and maintainability of code and alterations.
- Used ADB (Android Debugging Bridge) command line for installing APK's and as a debugging tool (extracting log files).
- Experienced in a fast paced Agile Development Environment including Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Scrum.
- Used Espresso as an Android test automation framework to write powerful and robust automatic black-box test cases.
- Used GIT for version control and followed Agile with JIRA for implementing this project.
- Used SCRUM and Agile software development method for releases and managing application development.
Environment: Android Studio, Android SDK, Xamarin, Eclipse IDE, iOS SDK Espresso, Retrofit, Dagger 2, OpenGL, Soap UI, JDK, XML, JSON, EventBus, Material design, Angular JS, SQLite, LogCat.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Involved in the requirement gathering, designing and developing of the application.
- Work closely with the web application development team to ensure proper system integration between mobile application and web application.
- Worked on Fragments, Activity workflow, Action Bar Navigation, Menu designs, custom views, and Loaders( Image, Asynctask, file )
- Implemented navigation help using Android Locations and used components using Google Maps API v.2 forward and reverse geo-location, Location service, and Geo Coding.
- Constructed HTTP requests, fetching server response and parsing feeds wherever required
- Worked on the local Data storage using Shared Preferences, SQLite databases and the file system.
- Used Retrofit and RX-Java to replace existing out of date HTTP Client, working with JSON Array and JSON Objects.
- Implemented TDD testing mechanism and build Unit test cases using JUNIT.
- Developed some parts of app by writing native methods using JNI.
- Developed by using Dagger dependency injection framework while creating observables on main thread and arbitrary loppers.
- Used Espresso as an Android test Automation framework to write powerful and robust automatic black-box test cases.
- Used SCRUM-Agile software development method for managing application developments .
- Used GIT for code repository and maintaining current and historical versions of the source code.
Environment: Android SDK 4.4, Android Studio, Android NDK, JUnit, Espresso, SQLite, Linux, Dagger JSON, REST Web Services, NodeJS, XML, GIT, Agile.
Confidential - San Francisco, CA
- Involved in prototyping, analysis, specification, design, and implementation phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Design screens using MVC pattern for the application with Android Studio IDE
- Utilized View Pager, Fragments, custom views and List Views for clean and intuitive UI.
- Included Drawer layout for ease of navigation throughout the application.
- Embedded user login functionality with client server and Facebook login API.
- Used Android to realize camera/video application, familiar with SOAP/RESTful webservice and httpconnnections, liking JSON, HttpUrlConnection, HttpClient
- Used the Wi-Fi Manager of the Android API to establish the connections between client and server.
- Implemented Camera API to scan the bar code of the product
- Worked with video players Like NexPlayer, VisualOn, Widevine, ExoPlayer and responsible for integrating and testing video streaming and DRM content
- Performed on device debugging using ADB and tested application in device using Logcat, DDMS.
- Integrated Java code with native C++ code using Java Native Interface (JNI).
- Used SCRUM-Agile software development method for managing application developments.
- Implement a Broadcast receiver framework, register receiver to receive Screen ON/OFF broadcast event from the Android system and also experienced working on Bluetooth connectivity and NFC connectivity.
- Developed using Android Studio & Gradle with Git and GitHub source control systems
Environment: Android SDK2.3, Android studio Activity, Fragment, Service, Material design, SQLite3, Multi-threading, POST, JSON, Bluetooth, Linux Kernel, etc.
Confidential, Bedford, MA
JAVA/ Web Application Developer
- Involved in the analysis, design, development and testing phases of Software Development life cycle.
- Involved in business requirement gathering and technical specifications.
- Implemented J2EE standards, MVC architecture using Spring Framework.
- Used Struts, JSP, Java Script, and CSS for manipulating, validating, customizing, error messages to the User Interface.
- Extensively used Core Java such as Exceptions, and Collections.
- Involved in testing using JUnit and fixing defects assigned on JIRA; resolved many challenging tasks while migrating by taking care of the sessions and creating Stubs as per new environment
- Used EJBs (Stateless Session beans) to implement the business logic.
- Involved in writing the ANT scripts to build and package and deploy the application.
- Testing included emulator and device testing with multiple versions and sizes with the help of ADB.
- Implemented the localization feature for multi-language support.
- Wrote Web Services using SOAP for sending and getting data from the external interface.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Servlets, Struts, Spring, PL-SQL, HTML,Web logic Application Server, Rational Rose, UML, MS Visio, XML, Oracle, Log4j, Unix.
- Involved in the analysis, design, development, and testing phases of the application.
- Understood all project requirements as specified in Use Case document and Requirement specification document
- Extensively used Java Collections like Array List, Hash Map.
- Involved in coding using Java Servlets, created web pages using JSPs for generating pages dynamically.
- Extensively used core Java concepts such as OOP and exception handling.
- Used JDBC to communicate from java to database.
- Involved in Creation of tables in database.
- Implemented Hibernate and replaced JDBC code.
- Involved in the development of test cases for the testing phase.
- Used Eclipse for the development of environment J2EE.
Environment: Java, J2EE, JSP, HTML, Java Scripts, Servlets, JDBC, Apache Tomcat5.0.