- Fifteen years of professional experience in SDLC of core java, client/server systems, web applications, ETL applications and databases.
- Experience working with Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g & SQL server 2005 databases & Java technologies.
- Worked with business/project teams to understand the needs & tailor the solutions.
- Prepared presentations reflecting end - to-end systems/applications/network communications providing overall technology view.
- Adept in analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of reporting and ETL applications.
- Demonstrated teamwork partnering with other groups, thinking laterally to provide effective solutions in timely manner.
- Worked with on-shore, off-shore development & support teams.
- Proficient in RDBMS Oracle, database design and development of objects/structures, PL/SQL, data loading, security, performance monitoring/SQL tuning, capacity planning, data compression, replication, SQL Server & familiar with SSIS.
- Used SQL Developer Data Modeler for designing / re-designing the database schemas.
- Good understanding of Oracle General Ledger, reference data, data dictionaries, Star, Snow flake schemas, Data Mart, data warehouse concepts and awareness of Oracle MAA & HAA architectures.
- Expertise in data analysis, conversion and reconciliation.
- Experience in OOD and OOP. Implemented solutions using software design patterns.
- Expert level skills using Java server side technology servlets, socket programming, J2EE, Beans, Java Mail API, JDBC, ODBC database connectivity interfaces.
- Demonstrated ability in building core java multi threaded applications.
- Experience on client side technologies AWT, Swing, JSF, Prime faces, JSP, Struts.
- Exposure to RESTful services.
- Experience in code signer, SSL certificates creation and management.
- Experience in SQL server administration, VMWare management & exposure to network maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to identify root causes of problems. Ability to work with multiple projects tasks with changing priorities and schedules.
Programming Languages: Java, J2EE, PL/SQL
RDBMS: Oracle 7.3/8.0/8i/9i/10g, SQL Server 2005, Informix 9.0, MS-Access
GUI’s: AWT, Swing, Sitraka tools, HTML, JSF, Servlets, Struts, JSP.
Protocols: SMTP, IMAP, POP3, FTP (NDM Connect Direct /Secure FTP, CoreFTP, WinSCP)
Middleware Technologies: RMI, CORBA, JMS, JAX-RS, Jersey, Apache CXF
IDE Tools: Eclipse, IntelliJ, NetBeans, JDeveloper, Visual J++, JBuilder 5.0/6.0, Visual Studio 6.0, TOAD, Embarcadero, SQL Navigator, SQL Server Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Management Studio, XML Spy, Oracle SQL Data Modeler.
Platforms: Windows 95/98/2000/NT/XP, UNIX, VMWare
Version Control Tools: TFS, SVN, Maven, Visual Source Safe, PVCS, CVS.
Others: XML, XSD, Autosys, ANT, Spring, Hibernate, Junit, Mockito, Jenkins, Apache POI, JSON, JExcel, iText, Oracle ADF, Lowagie(PDF), Hyperic HQ monitoring tool.
Web/Application Servers: Apache, Tomcat, JBoss/Wildfly, WebLogic, WebSphere, Glassfish, Netscape, iPlanet
Confidential, NYVice President - Finance Technology
- Manage and provide oversight of IT, in-house program services and IT initiatives.
- Liaise with trustees’ business and their technology teams to fetch the client’s data with efficiently.
- Designed and developed multi threaded application using java, JAXB and WinSCP for automating the trustee (Investment) feed & market data transmissions.
- Enhanced the cache mechanism building wrapper on Bloomberg (Mortgage Backed Securities, LIBOR, Treasury, CMT, SIFMA/BMA, FHLB Rates etc.,) data extract program.
- Tuned the java application to reduce memory print, improve the processing time utilizing database capabilities, restrict data sets rewriting the SQL’s and avoiding the redundant process on MDB application.
- Implemented additional features on BDB, IDB Swing user interface and rebate reports.
- Added enhancements to process the new trustee feeds for IDB application.
- To ensure the data accuracy requested transactions feed along the balances and implemented the program to process the feed and reconcile balances and transactions data.
- Converted standalone Swing application to launch the application using JNLP signing the application along with additional enhancements to make the app compatible to the latest Java 7/8 security features.
- Initiated and steered cfX (J2EE) application upgrade from JBoss 4.5 to Wildfly, implementing SSL using CA’s certificate and Apache, hosting multiple Wildfly instances on the server reducing number of VM’s need.
- Implemented business, technology enhancements and provided BAU support.
- Managed the infrastructure physical / VMware servers and Network working with SA & vendors.
- Performed capacity planning, infrastructure assessment, procurement, server’s consolidation, migration and office (IT) move.
- Prepared the presentations showing end-to-end all systems/applications communications in the firm including network appliances starting from firewall reflecting the changes before after the move and potential road map.
- Administered support, maintenance & backup activities on SQL server cluster, non-cluster databases, file servers and application servers.
Environment: SQL Server cluster, Cluster Administration, Mgmt. Studio, Java, J2EE, RMI, Swing, Eclipse, IntelliJ, JBoss 4.5/6.0, Tomcat, ANT, Junit, Jenkins, Smart SVN, XSD, XML, JAXB, Castor, iText, Apache POI, WinSCP, Visio, Oracle SQL Developer, Data Modeler, XML Spy, Spring, Hibernate, Apache WebDAV, Hyperic, VMware Workstation/ESXi 4.1/5.1 & vSphere.
Confidential - Confidential, NY .
Vice President - Finance Technology
- Worked with business/project/functional/tech teams to understand the needs & gather requirements.
- As an SME, architect designed effective solutions and supported the projects.
- Lead the development efforts, multiple initiatives, co-ordinate UAT & prod deployments, working with teams in different regions and with timelines.
- Mentor team members, manage the workload and set the priorities for the on shore and off shore development teams to meet support and project requirements.
- Designed the database schemas & developed the ER and process flow diagrams.
- Lead the multiple conversion initiatives on general ledger, balance sheet and other applications.
- Designed database, implemented data structures, materialized views, PL/SQL procedures, functions, packages and table space capacity planning.
- Demonstrated the abilities in data conversion, analytical, reconciliation and resolving issues.
- Implemented generic DLGS (drop/disable, load, gather & rebuild, swap) process for tables, mviews, partitions/sub partitions utilizing compression, parallelism, delta merge etc.,
- Worked on Star, snow flake schemas, Data Mart, reference data repository, security, performance monitoring and tuning.
- Developed the database/UNIX generic (autosys/batch) job utilities data loading, transformation and transmission.
- Implemented workflows using autosys, generic shell & database scripts.
- Designed & developed different ETL processes appropriately for that application environment.
- Implemented file transmissions using FTP, NDM.
- Scripted UNIX shell & autosys jil’s for setting up the autosys box, command and file watcher jobs with cross dependencies.
- Implemented Pegasus application enhancements on core Java client - Java multi-threaded server (socket communication using java messages).
- Designed and Implemented Java multi-threaded loader (ETL) program.
- Implemented Balances Sheet Reporting enhancement requests on Java client - VC++ server (socket comm.).
- Used JDOM & SAX parsers for parsing the XML data.
- Applied access control using VPD, building dynamic SQL’s.
- Developed the user interface using Applets and JSP.
- Designed and developed the UI reports using tree and table components.
- Developed servlets, beans (DAO, DTO/VO).
- Developed the Excel workbook and PDF reports.
- Worked with teams/user groups at phases of SDLC process. Coordinated with testing teams to build test cases and team to resolve trouble tickets.
- Providing the training and AID documents for the support people.
Environment: Oracle 9i/10g, Java, J2EE, Web Sphere 6.0, Eclipse, RAD, XML, Swing, Ajax, Velocity, Applets, JSP, Visual C++, PVCS, TFS, ITSM, Hyperion Essbase Cubes, AIX, iText, JXL, Autosys, Remedy system, NDM.
Confidential, Washington DCVice President - Finance Technology
- Participated in gathering requirements from the court people and actively involved in design conferences.
- Developed the user interface using JSP, Swing Applet using JTree, JTable, grids and various other components.
- Developed the application specific UI look and feel to maintain same across the JRE versions (1.4.1/1.4.2/1.5 ).
- Developed centralized field validations utility and access control utility to apply the user permissions Read, Add, Modify & Delete.
- Built the Object-Oriented models using collection and reflection API’s.
- Developed servlets (controllers), beans (DAO, DTO/VO), session tracking, multi-threading.
- Developed the database connection pooling using JDBC thin driver.
- Wrote procedures, functions, SQL’s and build the complex views.
- Used print utilities for printing the swing components.
- Used XML messages for communicating between the client-server.
- Used JDOM & SAX parsers for parsing the XML data.
- Coordinated with testing team to build test cases and resolve trouble tickets.
Environment: Linux, Tomcat 5.0, J2EE, Eclipse, Servlets, JSP, Struts, Swing, Beans, XML, CVS & Informix 9.0.
ConfidentialVice President - Finance Technology
- Design and development of multi threaded client-server frame work using the sockets.
- Developed generic database connection pooling utility using JDBC thin driver.
- Worked on I/O blocking and synchronization.
- Developed the system to facilitate the data interaction in the form of serialized message objects between the clients-sever.
- Adopted the Observer-Observable, Singleton, Mediator design patterns.
- Implemented the User permissions and complex business logic using sophisticated dynamic SQL’s.
- Used C.D.O com wrapper classes to communicate with Microsoft Outlook for accessing, composing, replying, forwarding and deleting the mails.
- Used SMTP, IMAP protocols to communicate with Exchange server.
- Used Windows API. Also worked with ZIP package for archiving heavy volume files and transferred them using FTP.
- Developed the PDF reports using Lowagie iText package.
- Developed the Excel reports using the Silk format and Excel com wrapper classes.
- Designed and developed AWT web based applets.
- Developed the reusable AWT components.
- Extensively used Graphics class of Java to develop lightweight, high performance custom controls.
- Visual Basic& ASP
- Developed, enhanced the extraction, transformation and loading process (ETL) of specific data feed for the portal application modules.
- Implemented the dynamic creation of data structures (database Tables, Indexes & Triggers) in the course of data load, in case if they don’t exist.
- Scripted the oracle procedures, functions.
- Generated the control, data and log files and Invocation of SQL loader to load the data.
- Used the MABRY software in pulling and pushing the files.
- Used the Microsoft Excel 10.0 library to parse the data received in the Excel files.
- Used the Microsoft Outlook 10.0 (MAPI) library, to watch the mailbox and send out mails.
- Web site designing in ASP.
- Implemented single sign on model.
- Developed dynamic ASP pages that will be populated with information obtained from the database.
- Visual C++
- Maintained the servers for two different applications.
- Implemented the enhancement requests.
- Designed the tables and tuning the SQL’s.
- Scripted the triggers, functions and stored procedures using PL/SQL.
- Data loading through SQL Loader & external sources.
Environment: Java, Applets, Visual J++, IIS, Visual Basic 6.0, Visual C++, JBuilder 6.0, J2EE, Oracle 8.1.7, IIS, Visual Interdev, ASP, Toad, SQL Navigator, iText, Mabry, Sitraka tools, Visual Source Safe and PVCS.
Confidential, NYVice President - Finance Technology
- Developed the stateless session beans to connect, encrypt and decrypt the XML data to / from DB server.
- Implemented the data layer using EJBs and value objects.
- Developed the user Interface using JSP.
- Implemented the business logic using servlets.
- Error & Exception handling for the entire site.
- Solving the bugs and trouble tickets in one more prime responsibility.
- Deploying & testing the application.
Environment: UNIX, NAS, J2EE, Servlets, JSP, EJB, XML, Secure CRT & Oracle 8i.