- More than 7 years of experience in development of software applications using Object - Oriented Programming and Java Technologies.
- Thorough knowledge Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), which includes Requirements Gathering, Analysis, Designing, Implementation, Testing, Integration, Deployment and Maintenance.
- Analysis, Design and Development of Java Business applications, web based and n-tier applications using the technologies like Java, JDBC, Servlets, Spring, Hibernate, REST, SOAP, Microservices, JSP, etc.
- Experienced in Spring Core Framework and other modules such as Spring IOC, Spring Data JPA, Spring Web MVC, Spring AOP, Spring DAO, Spring Security and so on.
- Solid Knowledge in Object Relational Mapping (ORM) and Java Persistence API (JPA).
- Implemented persistence solution using JDBC and Hibernate in coordination with various HQL, SQL databases such as Oracle, MS SQL Server and MySQL.
- Experienced in application development using SOA .
- Working knowledge using No SQL (document storage) MongoDB database.
- Configured spring beans following the Spring Framework's Dependency Injection (DI) and Inversion of Control (IOC) principles, both XML and annotation based .
- Well experienced in developing Web APIs using REST, RESTful, SOAP, and WSDL technologies.
- Experience in creating RESTful web services using JSON, Jersey, Spring Rest framework and JAX-RS including unit test cases for the REST endpoints.
- Produced clients for REST endpoints and integrated in the AngularJS frontend.
- Worked on projects ranging from proto-type to monolithic enterprise application where application is deployed all kinds of servlet container and application server like Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, etc .
- Experience working with Git, CVS version control systems and Jenkins for continuous integration and deployment.
- Extensive experience with UML design and Data Modeling using AgroUML and other tools.
- Substantial knowledge of build and deployment tools including Maven, Gradle.
- Implemented application logging and investigated for debug issues using SLF4J, Logback and Log4j.
- Well versed in Test Driven Development (TDD) and implemented unit and integration testing using Spring Test, Mockito and Junit .
- Experienced in XML technologies such as XSD, XSLT, etc. with respect to SOAP and other cases.
- JVM performance monitoring and JVM tuning. Tuned JVM for performance optimization using JVisual VM, JConsole and VM Args.
- Quick learner with strong problem-solving skills, good verbal and analytical skills.
Languages: Java, C, C++, PHP, C#
Web Services : REST, RESTful API, SOAP, WSDL, XML, JSON
Application Servers/Servlet Container: WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat, JBoss
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL
IDE Tools: Eclipse, NetBeans, Intellij
Version Control: GitHub, CVS
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, Linux
Design / Methodology: Agile, UML(Class, Use Case, Activity, Sequence)
Performance and Profiler: JVisual VM, JConsole, VM Args
NoSQL DB: MongoDB
Miscellaneous: Jira, Confluence, DOM, SAX, JUnit, Maven, JAX-RPC, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, Log4j, Soap UI, SLF4J, Logback, Gradle, Liquibase
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Agile development and participate in the agile events such as daily standups, user story breakdown, sprint planning, etc.
- Developed REST based microservice application using Spring Boot, Web MVC.
- Helped to design the application using UML and applied Java design patterns like Singleton, Business Delegate, Service Locator, JPA Entities, Data Transfer Object (DTO), Data Access Objects (DAO) and Adapter during the development of components.
- Fixed number of bugs which were reported by the testing and customer care teams.
- Implemented the application using Spring Web MVC Framework and access-control features by using ‘Global Method Security’ provided by Spring Security .
- Used JWT to ensure REST end points are secure.
- Written unit test cases for the REST endpoints. Configured spring beans following the Spring Framework's Dependency Injection (DI) and Inversion of Control (IOC) principles.
- Wrote unit tests of the application using Junit, Mockito and Spring Test framework.
- Configured and customized Spring AOP .
- Implemented logging of the live application using SLF4J and Log4j .
- Implemented API-documentation auto generation using Swagger.
- Used Hibernate, Object Relational Mapping (ORM) solution, for mapping data representation from MVC model to Oracle Relational data model with an SQL-based schema.
- Used MySQL database to persist the data.
- Wrote Liquibase scripts to implement data model and for database version control.
- Used the fundamentals of Java 8 features like parallel streams and filters through lambda expressions.
- Used Jenkins as the integration tool and improved scalability of applications on cross-platforms.
- Used Jira and Confluence to assign, track, report and audit the issues in the application.
- Brain stormed with the other developers and tech leads to upgrade various frameworks and other application issues.
- Provided deployment support during releases.
- Participated code review.
- Participated regular Agile events
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Java Application Developer
- Played a key role in implementation of a MVC architecture using SPRING to develop presentation and business tier using different components like dispatcher servlet, handler mappings, controller, Model-And-View Object, View resolver, View.
- Implemented the application using the concrete principles laid down by several Java/J2EE design patterns like MVC, Data Transfer Object and Data Access Object.
- Developed Object Relational Mapping using Hibernate to communicate with database Oracle.
- Used Java Messaging Services (JMS) for reliable and asynchronous exchange of important information.
- Created data source and connection pools in Web Logic and deployed applications on the server.
- Prepared Test cases and Unit testing using Junit
Environment: JDK, Eclipse IDE, Core Java, J2EE, Hibernate, Unix, Web Services, REST, UI, Maven, Tomcat, JUnit, CVS, Agile, Log4j.
Confidential, Lakeland, FL
- Developed the application using Java/J2EE design Patterns like Singleton, Service Locator, Session Facade.
- Developed application using Struts MVC framework.
- Coding of EJB session beans to implement the business functionality.
- Involved in coding the data access layer with Spring JDBC Template functionality.
- Involved in transforming the huge XML files using XSL/XSLT transformations.
- Designed and developed Web Services using Apache Axis to be consumed by the freight system.
- Created a Java Bean based testing tool with XML input requests and XML/Document outputs.
- Developed interfaces to the client using AJAX.
- Heavy JDBC programming writing complex SQL and stored procedures for CRUD operations.
- Secure Web Services developed for the clients which provide standalone client requested functionalities with very little load on the actual application.
- Used CVS as Source code version control system.
- SAX and DOM parsers are implemented to parse the content of XML documents.
- Involved in Unit, Integration and System testing across all the levels from dev to production.
- Involved in creating the test tool which accepts the XML as request and generates the response xml.
- Involved in deploying the code to Web Logic instance and do the smoke test.
- Prepared test case scenarios from SRS and High level design also unit test strategy to keep the code bug free.
- Migrated cron jobs to Dollar universe as part of EDC Minimum.
- Developed shell scripts to call stored procedures which reside on the DB. the application using Spring Web MVC Framework and access-control features
Environment: Java/J2EE, EJB, JSP, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, UNIX Scripting, HTML, JDBC, Web Services, JAXB, WSDL, SOAP, Apache Axis, JAX-WS, XML, XSLT, CVS, Web Logic, Eclipse IDE.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
- Developed all Controllers and FormBeans.
- Involved in the design of service interface.
- Involved in the design and improvement of Hibernate Layer.
- Effectively used spring for dependency injection.
- Used Apache POI to generate reports in Excel format.
- Used HSSF and XSSF to reads and writes Microsoft Excel (XLS) format files.
- Used WSSO client to login to multiple app in the network.
- Worked on generating reports using Fusion Charts and open source tools like iReport.
- Developed and deployed web services Mule ESB server
- Deployed web application to Weblogic server.
- Used Maven as a build tool and Eclipse for development.
- Used Eclipse for developing the Application.
- Developed the Framework to build the batch jobs.
- Developed common client for the MRA web service.
- Managed the development and bug fixing with JIRA.
- Applied Database Tuning and Optimization, Normalization in the new database design.
- Proposed SQL Tuning within applications for optimized database access.
- Wrote stored procedures using dynamic SQL to populate data into temp tables from fact and dimensional tables for reporting purpose.
- Used SQL Loader to load data into the data mart schemas from CSV flat files for data transformation and processing.
- Liaison between the client and the technology development team in Offshore
- Interacted with offshore team via Messenger, Email, Skype and Tele Conference.
- Involved in the documentation of technical guidance documents for the development Team.
- Gathered and analyzed the requirements.
- Worked with the Project Manager to determine technical activities, durations, and dependencies.
- Escalated and resolved issues with the Project Manager when required
- Used Log4J for logging and JUnit, TestNg, Mockito for unit testing.
- Used SoapUI to test the functionality of the service.
- Used XP practices like TDD and pair programming effectively to achieve quality product.
- Used Scrum methodology to decrease the development time and increase the productivity.
Environment: Java, J2EE, JSP, JSTL, SOAP, JSP, Oracle, TOAD, HTML, Eclipse, Maven, Hibernate, Spring- MVC, LOG4J, WSSO, JUnit, Apache POI, Fusion Charts, iReport, DOM, SVN, Mule ESB, HSSF, XSSF, Linux.