- Sr. Java Developer with over 8 years experienced in analysis, design, development, implementation and testing of Web based, Windows and N - tier architectures.
- Experience developing web applications using J2EE technologies for health care, tele communications and insurance, banking, finance domains.
- Good Knowledge on Data Structures and Algorithms and implementation of Data Structures to Graph Algorithms, Searching and sorting, Dynamic Programming.
- Strong knowledge on HL7 standards (v 2.5 through v3), HIPAA (Health information portability and accountability act), PPACA (Patient protection and affordable care act), LO INC, SNOMED and ICD diagnosis codes.
- Extensive experience in J2EE technologies including specialization in JAVA SE, Servlets, JSP, JDBC, JNDI, Java Beans, XML, Struts, Oracle, and EJB for building Server-side Application with multilayer architecture.
- Experience using Java Swing Framework to create GUI components for desktop applications.
- Experience in using Object oriented languages on Java platform like Groovy to develop software systems.
- Worked with HDFS, Hadoop frameworks includes HBase.
- Worked with multiple Databases including RDBMS Technologies (MySql, Oracle) and NoSQL databases (Cassandra, HBase, Neo4J) .
- Experienced in deploying J2EE Application Sever like Apache Tomcat7.x, JBoss 4.2.3, Weblogic8.x/9.x and Web sphere 6.x, 7.0 servers.
- Followed best practices using J2EE design patterns (MVC, Service Locator, Singleton, Session Facade, Business Delegate, and DAO).
- Experience in using Micro service architecture.
- Good hands-on experience in Shell Scripting .
- Experienced in different build, release and deployment processes.
- Experience in setting up Jenkins based Continuous Integration system.
- Experience building out Continuous integration/Continuous delivery pipeline automation CI/CD - Jenkins.
- Experience in Design and Development of Web Services using RESTful APIs and SOAP .
- Experience in using Version Control tools like Git, SVN.
- Experience with PaaS technologies such as Docker containers .
- Extensive experience working on SQL, PL/SQL, No SQL, Oracle 11g Database development experience using tables, triggers, views, packages and stored procedures, PL/SQL.
- Experience using TOAD Database management toolset for Oracle and MySQL to manage relational DB.
- Working knowledge on Microsoft Azure Cloud and Cloud-based infrastructure tools and components (AWS, EC2, S3, Virtual Private Cloud (VPS), and Elastic Load Balancing (ELB).
- Experienced in conducting Unit testing and code coverage using JUnit.
- Expertise in various open source frameworks like Struts 2.0/1.2, Spring 3.5 and ORM Technology like Hibernate 3.X.
- Extensive experience in Java SOAP RESTful Web Services, AngularJS, BackboneJS, NodeJS to create single web page applications.
- Specialty developer for certain HIT features - such as - EHR/EMR, HL7 messaging.
- Highly experienced in Acceptance Test-Driven Development ATDD development practices.
- Experience in Agile development methodologies like TDD and BDD and implementation of tests with selenium.
- Proven ability to work Individual Contributor, efficiently and as a part of a team with an ability to deliver within short deadlines.
Languages: Java/J2SE 1.4/1.5/1.6/1.7 , XML, AWS Shell Script, SQL, PL/SQL
J2EE Technologies: JAVA /J2EE, Servlets, JSP, JSTL, JDBC, JMS, Web Services, REST, SOAP, WSDL
Frameworks: Struts2, LOG4J, Spring Core, Spring MVC, JSF, ICE Faces, Hibernate, Junit
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g/11g, MS Access, IBM DB2, MS SQL Server 2005/2008, My SQL.
IDE & Development Tools: Eclipse, RAD, J Builder, NetBeans. Rational Software Architect, SQL Plus, Toad, XML Spy, Pipeline Pilot
XML Technologies: XML, XSD, XSL, XML Schemas, DTD, DOM, SAX, FOP
Web/App Servers: Tomcat, WebSphere Application Server, BEA WebLogic, JBoss
Version Control Tools: CVS, VSS, Clear Case, Sub Version
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, MS DOS, Windows NT, 2000, XP, 2003/XP/Vista/7
Methodologies: SDLC, RUP, Agile/SCRUM, UML, Design Patterns, SOA
Confidential, Stamford, CT
- Worked on PayPal Payment Application using Groovy on Grails Web Application Framework.
- Worked on Event API/Listener and Billing API modules which capture the order and are the main gateways to PayPal.
- Got familiarized with Groovy scripting and the advantages of using it over Java.
- Worked on Thread Synchronization and locking policies to avoid deadlock situation during a payment process.
- Involved in creating and consuming various RESTful Web Services in grails by exposing the domain class as a REST resource.
- Involved in creating and consuming an Online Util Plugin and using it as a dependency for AWS storage configurations and DES Codecs.
- Implemented Microservice architecture in Grails as grails is built over Spring Boot and configured GORM for Hibernate when using Spring Boot.
- Worked on Amazon S3 Web Service Interface for secured code storage and retrieval.
- Used Amazon SQS for storing messages as they travel between applications and microservices with FIFO queue which allows for exactly once processing, First In First Out delivery and high throughput.
- Migrated existing business applications to Amazon cloud services (AWS) based environment and deploy applications using Amazon web services .
- Installed, configured and hosted the Tomcat app servers and MySQL database servers on physical servers (Linux, Windows), and Amazon AWS virtual servers (Linux).
- Worked in setting up Linux Environment on AWS cloud infrastructure , migrated corporate Linux servers from physical servers to AWS virtual servers.
- Used New Relic platform for performance monitoring and Jenkins for build environment.
- Used MySQL InnoDB storage engine as it performs the regular MySQL operations and has better crash recovering capabilities and row-level locking.
Environment: Java EE, JDK 1.8, Grails Framework 3.3.2, GORM 6.2.8, MySQL InnoDB, New Relic, Jenkins, Gradle 4.5 Release, Apache Tomcat.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Full Stack Developer
- Understanding user change requirements and analysing the source systems and Developed UI pages using JSP & Spring MVC frame work.
- Preparing sequence diagrams for some components.
- Involved in creating & consuming Restful web services to expose to other applications.
- Created User defined exception classes using Java 8.
- Used Rest API to expose the contract rates for clients and performed versioning of existing services.
- Strong experience in implementing Service oriented architecture and Web Services using SOAP, RESTFUL API's .
- Wrote spring configuration file to define beans, define data source, Struts and Hibernate properties.
- Used Maven build script for building and deploying the application and Designing new database tables for the enhancements.
- Designed, developed and implemented unit tests and product features.
- Formulated and executed agile processes for performance.
- Programmed reusable code and prepared technical designs.
- Implemented processes for resolution of computer equipment problems.
- Extensively used Hibernate in data access layer to access and updates in the database.
- Developed Widgets, Layouts and utilized Event Handling using GWT.
- Designed and developed web site application using AJAX, AngularJS, Bootstrap , Node JS , Java Swing , CSS, HTML5, jQuery, JSP, Tiles framework and XML .
- Prepared a web UI for the HBase database for crud operation like put, get, scan, delete and update operations.
- Provided a UI to enter user's query which would be parsed and executed internally and result would be displayed on the web interface.
- Responsible for building/deploying consistently repeatable build/deployments to company production and non-production environments using JENKINS & BUILD Pipelines.
- Worked with the development team to generate deployment profiles and Jenkins.
- Developed all client-side logical implementation part of applications with AngularJS .
- Worked on AngularJS frame work to augment browser-based applications with MVC Capability, built dynamically generated dropdown lists using Ajax, JQuery and AngularJS.
- Created an on -the-fly configuration changes set up, with application saved in Node.js.
- Writing Java classes, reusable components and Java Beans for getting data from oracle tables.
- Worked with Platforms as a service (PaaS) and remove the need for organizations to manage the underlying infrastructure (usually hardware and operating systems) and allow you to focus on the deployment and management of your applications.
- Performing the Unit testing and basic functional testing with different set of data.
- Involved in Spring batch coding . Created oracle stored procedure to find daily true delta data.
- To verify the behaviour of the system under test used Mockito Framework .
- Supporting System Integrating Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Participated in a Scrum team and Agile Practices including Test-Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD) and pair programming.
Environment: Java SE, JDK 1.6, Hibernate 3.0, spring,Perl Scripting, Swing, AWS, Tiles, JSP, HTML, CSS, Angular, Bootstrap, JQuery, Node JS, XML, XSLT, SQL Server, Maven, Apache Tomcat, FHIR, Eclipse 6.0, SVN, Windows XP, Jenkins.
Confidential, Urbana, OH
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer
- Excellent analytical skills, written and oral communication, and experience collaborating with multiple development teams.
- Involved in designing, developing and testing of J2EE components like Java Beans, Java, XML, Collection Framework, JSP, spring and Hibernate, Perl scripting.
- Implementing a parallel algorithm for reliability optimization of communication systems to avoid optimization problems and maximize efficiency.
- Used Spring/MVC framework to enable the interactions between JSP/View layer and implemented different design patterns with J2EE and XML technology.
- Involved in handling transactions using Spring Declarative Transaction management.
- Implemented Caching mechanism using Spring Gem Fire Template.
- Implemented DAO layer using different hibernate techniques like strategies, Inheritance, annotations and criteria interfaces.
- Used SOA Integration service for Data Integration Service and Functional Integration Service. Used SOAP UI for the functional testing and inspection and invocation of spring-based Web Services.
- Developed and consumed Rest Services using HTTP methods such as GET, POST, PUT and DELETE for user and account micro services.
- Used Hibernate ORM which enables to write applications more easily whose data outlives the application process. As an Object/Relational Mapping (ORM) framework , hibernate is concerned with data persistence as it applies to relational databases
- Implemented Spring Boot Micro services to divide the application into various sub modules.
- Designing new components to fit in the already existing architecture using core Java, multi-threading different design patterns like the factory method, Abstract factory pattern, Singleton. While developing web-based applications used Web Services, both SOAP/WSDL and REST.
- Implemented core Java concepts like Inheritance, Multithreading, Data Abstraction, Interfaces, collection frameworks, etc.
- Implemented PL/SQL queries and used Oracle stored procedures, and built-in functions to retrieve and update data from the databases. Worked on server-side web applications using Node.js.
- Involved in Message Broker Development using IBM integration, Message Sets and Message Definitions, Coded the ESQL for Message Transformation Nodes, Eclipse, XML/XSLT and XSD.
- Implemented Ajax and JQuery based navigation system visually identical to previous table-based system to improve ease of maintenance and organic search engine placement.
- Developed real time tracking of class schedules using Node JS (socket.io based on socket technology, Express JS framework).
- Developed the war/ear file using Ant script and deployed into Web Sphere Application Server.
- Developed specialized search system using Cassandra DB, AngularJS, Java Servlets, JUnit, Maven.
- Deployed, Managed and Monitored Cassandra DB Replica Sets / Databases. Prototyped Mongo DB new features across multiple stacks.
- Created tools to support and enable Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and system monitoring/reporting using Puppet, Chef, JSP and Shell Scripts with a Cassandra database.
- Installed, configured and hosted the Oracle, Tomcat app servers and Cassandra DB servers on physical servers (Linux, Windows), and Amazon AWS virtual servers (Linux).
- Used cloud computing technologies Amazon EC2 and Amazon S3 web services for Cloud Drive, Cloud Search. Migrated corporate Linux servers from physical servers to AWS virtual servers.
- Used Cassandra AWR & ADDM to monitor database activities and performance tuning. Extensive Performance Tuning, Memory (SGA) Tuning, Configuration, maintenance and tuning of Cassandra DB.
Environment: Java, HTML, UML, XML, AngularJS, Node JS, Servlets, JSP, EJB, JDBC, JNDI, JAXP, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle 10g, Eclipse, Tomcat, WebSphere, JUnit, Rational Rose, Selenium.
Confidential, Winston-Salem, NC
Sr. Full Stack Java Developer
- Support end-users within the organizations with all issues related to the E.H.R. system software .
- Create SQL queries to pull for all scripts SCM EMR/EHR system.
- Field, document and manage support cases with the E.H.R. software vendor .
- Assist in the enforcement of enterprise policies and procedures as they relate to the E.H.R. environment.
- Support client and staff using Precision Care EHR Software .
- Provide Avatar Electronic Health Record (EHR) training to new staff.
- Creating various server APIs to collect and transmit data to various existing healthcare systems.
- Facilitate patch installations with the E.H.R. administrator group.
- Modelled data in Health Intent in Foundation Medicine, using Foundation Medicine proprietary software, Excel, and FHIR (HL7).
- HL7 user assessments, requirements documents, current and future state model diagrams HL7 vendor specification review and cross-walk tables.
- Responsible for testing and implementing scheduled vendor releases, system upgrades, and troubleshooting system defects.
- Provide education on HL7 interface and system functionality, and configuration of new tools to increase end user productivity within the application
- Utilizing modern healthcare standards, such as Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) .
- Developed Web Services to communicate to other modules using XML based SOAP and WSDL protocols.
- Wrote spring configuration file to define beans, define data source and Hibernate properties.
- Developed one-much, many-one, one-one annotation based mappings in Hibernate.
- Involved in Object Analysis, Design and Documentation (OOAD) of the application model using tool Star UML. Developed desktop-based application using swing on Java platform.
- Designed Single page applications using AngularJS implemented all the front-end components using Spring MVC .
- Involved in working with J2EE Design patterns (Singleton, Factory, DAO, and Business Delegate) and Model View Controller Architecture with Angular JS for frontend.
- Worked on front-end and back-end application development. Have upgrade additional functionalities and services with the use cases provided and AngularJS.
- Used cloud computing technologies Amazon EC2 and Amazon S3 web services for Cloud Drive, Cloud Search. Migrated corporate Linux servers from physical servers to AWS virtual servers.
Environment: Java, EHR, EMR, HTML, UML, XML, XSLT, Node JS, Swing, Tomcat webserver 6.0, Rational Rose, Selenium, UNIX, GIT, BDD.
Confidential, Omaha, NE
- Involved in analysis and design of the application.
- Designed the system architecture for correspondence application using MS Visio.
- Designed process flows and Class diagrams using UML.
- Developed User interface for the on-demand letter order management tool for service agents.
- Involved in drawing use case diagrams and sequence diagrams.
- Involved in configuration management of VSS, the version control tool.
- Involved in testing of application using Unit.
- Also used Annotation capabilities of RESTful API by providing ease development and client adoption.
- Implemented Spring Validator for domain level validation.
- Implemented JAAS for Authentication and Authorization of Users.
- Implemented XML Web Services using SOAP, UDDI, WSDL to authenticate user from external application and Apache Axis is used to serve Web Service.
- Implemented Ajax for creating interactive web application and for avoiding reloading of page for each request.
- Integrated spring with Hibernate for data insertion and manipulation.
- Deployed and tested the modules using Eclipse 3.2 & Web Logic Application Server 8.0.
- Implemented Spring AOP for calling a class before and after submission of form data.
- Oracle 10g is used for storing the user information.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Spring Batch, Oracle SQL, Cassandra DB, PL/SQL, HP ALM, AHP, JAXB, Maven, Eclipse, ECM, Unix Shell Script, Hudson, Sonar, SVN.
- Developed Use Case diagrams, Class diagrams and Sequence diagrams to express the detail design.
- Implemented MVC architecture using spring framework developed Controllers, Form beans and configured the spring configuration file.
- Used validation framework in the application.
- Worked with EJBs (Session and Entity) to implement the business logic to handle various interactions with the database.
- Worked on Messenger service in various modules to communicate with JMS for asynchronous communication within Loan Application System.
- Wrote stored procedures, functions and triggers in PL/SQL.
- Developed critical elements of the server framework like user authentication, access control.
- Implemented messaging interfaces for asynchronous communication.
- Deployed business components into WebSphere Application Server.
- Wrote SAX and DOM XML parsers and used SOAP for sending and getting data from the external interface.
- Used XSL/XSLT for transforming and displaying reports. Developed Schemas for XML.
- Involved in design and developing re-usable web services using SOAP, XML, WSDL, UDDI, DOM, XML Schemas, JAXP, and XSL.
- Involved in writing the ANT scripts to build and deploy the application.
- Extensively used WSAD 5.1 while writing code & used CVS for version control.
- Utilized Hibernate for Object/Relational Mapping purposes for transparent persistence onto the Oracle 9i database using HQL.
- Consistently produced the highest quality code through disciplined and rigorous unit testing and integration testing.